AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-03-20, 06:40   Link #17761
Stro

But way it seems that Shinji is kind of Shido's dad or something like that. If that the case, then Mana is Shido's aunt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
I had a feeling Tohka was the only one different than the other spirits. She was the only one that couldn't remember her real name because she never had a name before Shidou gave her the name Tohka.

Something tells me the Yamai twins weren't really originally one spirit. My theory is that the original Yamai was sort of pregnant with twins. She gave the twins all of her lifeforce and powers so that that they could be born safely. The original Yamai died but became part of the twins and named them Yuzuru and Kaguya before she disappeared. Yuzuru and Kaguya were born but with the appearance of teenage girls.
I think that Yuzuru and Kaguya born as a baby and mature in the other dimension were Spirit are before they make a spacequake.
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 07:23   Link #17762
Dark Rose Princess
Lost in an Elegy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stro View Post
But way it seems that Shinji is kind of Shido's dad or something like that. If that the case, then Mana is Shido's aunt.

I think that Yuzuru and Kaguya born as a baby and mature in the other dimension were Spirit are before they make a spacequake.
No. Shinji IS Shido. This is made very, very clear. For the last time, Shinji and Shido are the same guy, not father and son.

Impossible. Giving birth would be impossible in the neighbouring dimension. It's shown in DAB that Quasi-Spirits don't age - so a fetus wouldn't grow to term.

Besides, it is confirmed that Tohka is the only one that was born as a Spirit - the others were all human.
If only you could feel how much it hurts, yet I would not wish that upon even the cursed.
The pain is a dagger which stabs my heart, and pricks it every second till it tears apart.
Like a flower whose petals have died, all I feel is emptiness inside
Though for you my heart weeps a river of blood, you are not to be blamed for this flood.
I’m letting you go, even though you were never mine.
It was my mistake to think this could be just fine.

Letting Go
Dark Rose Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 07:50   Link #17763
tuckersister

Thou, I would like Shido meet Shinji somehow (maybe in Shido's mind). It would interesting what the difference between the two.
tuckersister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-20, 09:15   Link #17764
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wipe View Post
Welll in technically, Tohka and Shidou is incest now right?

damn this Tachibana is absolute madman
Incest is wincest man. You are assuming sister-zone is below wife-tier.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 00:28   Link #17765
Cayas

Is there any reason Shido/shinji couldn't just make clones of himself (like Kurumi and Mio) so that each of the girls can have their own?
Cayas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 05:13   Link #17766
tuckersister

That'd be confusing.
Old 2018-03-21, 16:58   Link #17767
Mizo

great volume tbh was cool , and scene btw shin and Mio were cute , too bad that they didn't continue the kiss but i think that a foreshadowing for her to be sealed ...on the future..

still ...didn't like how this volume ended ... srsly ... then the war against DEM in volume 17 was for nothing westcott still lives kek ....worst thing possibly can go wrong next volume.. if he use his demon king and knew he lost so , he will make sure all other spirit plans will fail , Artemisia that i thought will be helping this volume didn't do nothing .... and this volume make it clear that there won't be any time travel 30 years because if shido stopped Mio summoning or anything els tohka won't be born . (we can't have the face of the franchise killed :<).

Mio killing all spirits ..well hell i never expected this she's my favorite, i like her design but srsly ..author went full brutal but can't be helped since she did state that she need to break paths btw the spirit and shido so the power can stay inside him . (i smell tragedy...) .

and biggest problem he still didn't fully seal kurumi so he won't generate that sphere and see our MC saying COME OUT whatever his angel name..

Mio getting sealed next volume nah i don't see that happening till kurumi is fully sealed.

Mio doesn't see shido and shinji as the same , well this so messed up...so she doesn't love shido but she love shinji WEW , i would really like someone to explain this part more . (maybe because of experience . shin 1.0 have his parents while shin 2.0 didn't , that's why there's differences in their personalities so like any other reincarnated MC well see our MC get his memories fully back then maybe MAYBE a shin 3.0 well be born , it's like adding all knowledge/experience from your old life to the new one ).

i like how the author made tohka and Mio and shido relationship into a miracle of almost incest i just set and laugh kek

question ...does shido know about his death and rebirth ?
Mizo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-21, 20:20   Link #17768
nightsword

Yeah, the whole Tohka, Mio, and Shido relationship is a huge shout of to Evangelion. Shido even thinks to himself, that as a pure Spirit, Tohka is sort of like Mio's clone.

Heck his old identity's name was even Shinji, doesn't get more obvious than that.
nightsword is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 04:35   Link #17769
Cayas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post
great volume tbh was cool , and scene btw shin and Mio were cute , too bad that they didn't continue the kiss but i think that a foreshadowing for her to be sealed ...on the future..

still ...didn't like how this volume ended ... srsly ... then the war against DEM in volume 17 was for nothing westcott still lives kek ....worst thing possibly can go wrong next volume.. if he use his demon king and knew he lost so , he will make sure all other spirit plans will fail , Artemisia that i thought will be helping this volume didn't do nothing .... and this volume make it clear that there won't be any time travel 30 years because if shido stopped Mio summoning or anything els tohka won't be born . (we can't have the face of the franchise killed :<).

Mio killing all spirits ..well hell i never expected this she's my favorite, i like her design but srsly ..author went full brutal but can't be helped since she did state that she need to break paths btw the spirit and shido so the power can stay inside him . (i smell tragedy...) .

and biggest problem he still didn't fully seal kurumi so he won't generate that sphere and see our MC saying COME OUT whatever his angel name..

Mio getting sealed next volume nah i don't see that happening till kurumi is fully sealed.

Mio doesn't see shido and shinji as the same , well this so messed up...so she doesn't love shido but she love shinji WEW , i would really like someone to explain this part more . (maybe because of experience . shin 1.0 have his parents while shin 2.0 didn't , that's why there's differences in their personalities so like any other reincarnated MC well see our MC get his memories fully back then maybe MAYBE a shin 3.0 well be born , it's like adding all knowledge/experience from your old life to the new one ).

i like how the author made tohka and Mio and shido relationship into a miracle of almost incest i just set and laugh kek

question ...does shido know about his death and rebirth ?
I'm honestly not surprised by her viewing shidou =/= shinji or getting rid of the spirits.

Really if you think about it, we are our experience and memories. They are what makes us who we are. Since shido didn't have the experience or memories of being with mio i can see why she would view him as not being the same. While Shido gaining the memories from shinji would likely blend this personalities together or one would become more dominate to the other in some way (like Origami). Either way erasing the memories of shido would likely be a given considering I doubt either Shido or Shinji would accept all the lives that were lost for him. (Heck I really wanna see an emotional reaction of him basically realizing he was never saving these girls in the first place. He was just a puppet being used to collect their power and that they were meant to be discarded.)

It didn't really come to mind that Mio would need to kill the spirits for the power to stay in shido although it does make sense. I didn't think she would want share shido with them but it really does make a logical move to get rid of them anyways. They were stolen from their real lives and made into spirits. Sure they were currently happy being with shido but i would also make sense they would want to get back what they lost because of being made spirits (granted Miku may have been saved by becoming a spirit even if it corrupted her). Also I don't think they are to thrilled about the death toll to make them into spirits either.

I did expect her to be a bit more apologetic for her actions but damn she was full on brutal. It was darker than I expected but time travel shenanigans fix the dark themes.

Is there any interaction between Mana and Mio? Did mana survive the fight?

Maybe Tohka took Mio's humanity/compassion with her.

Let's see how shido/shinji handle Mio or maybe that could have been her plan along.
Cayas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 04:49   Link #17770
tuckersister

You know Shido hasn't talked about his feelings of his "parents" recently. It may be mentioned again in Vol 19.

I wonder if Origami recognized Mio on site when she appeared.
Old 2018-03-22, 05:35   Link #17771
Mizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cayas View Post
I'm honestly not surprised by her viewing shidou =/= shinji or getting rid of the spirits.

Really if you think about it, we are our experience and memories. They are what makes us who we are. Since shido didn't have the experience or memories of being with mio i can see why she would view him as not being the same. While Shido gaining the memories from shinji would likely blend this personalities together or one would become more dominate to the other in some way (like Origami). Either way erasing the memories of shido would likely be a given considering I doubt either Shido or Shinji would accept all the lives that were lost for him. (Heck I really wanna see an emotional reaction of him basically realizing he was never saving these girls in the first place. He was just a puppet being used to collect their power and that they were meant to be discarded.)

It didn't really come to mind that Mio would need to kill the spirits for the power to stay in shido although it does make sense. I didn't think she would want share shido with them but it really does make a logical move to get rid of them anyways. They were stolen from their real lives and made into spirits. Sure they were currently happy being with shido but i would also make sense they would want to get back what they lost because of being made spirits (granted Miku may have been saved by becoming a spirit even if it corrupted her). Also I don't think they are to thrilled about the death toll to make them into spirits either.

I did expect her to be a bit more apologetic for her actions but damn she was full on brutal. It was darker than I expected but time travel shenanigans fix the dark themes.

Is there any interaction between Mana and Mio? Did mana survive the fight?

Maybe Tohka took Mio's humanity/compassion with her.

Let's see how shido/shinji handle Mio or maybe that could have been her plan along.
harem ending is the only thing i see this serie is going for since half of the volume is speaking just about how much Mio and shinji were in love...

for mana i think Mio used Ain on her along with origami kek *poof*.

tohka didn't take anything from Mio but rathar it's like history repeating it self tohka is what could become of Mio if westcott didn't kill shinji ..Mio in the other hand is on despair consumed by her past trauma , can't accept that shinji died so she will make the impossible to turn him into immortal being.
Old 2018-03-22, 05:46   Link #17772
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizo View Post
harem ending is the only thing i see this serie is going for since half of the volume is speaking just about how much Mio and shinji were in love...
A harem ending is absolutely on the table, but don’t expect Mio to be in it. Shinji is dead and the only way for him to come back is for Shidou to “die,” and that won’t happen. And Shidou won’t accept any version of this ending where his girls are dead either. Mio is fighting for a lost cause, and she brutally murdered practically the whole cast to do it. This has caused her Bad Ending Probability meter to shoot up considerably. She may still have hope, and Shidou will certainly try to save her, but prepare yourselves for her death. I fully expect his attempt to save her to end like Rinne, and the stay-dead version of Maria and Marina, unless Tachibana does the ending I described a few pages back.
Old 2018-03-22, 10:00   Link #17773
Kiyoe
kyo gamers

New scan of Kurumi

Spoiler for Dragon Magazine scan from May.:

Last edited by Kiyoe; 2018-03-22 at 10:25.
Kiyoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-22, 22:48   Link #17774
zezegui222
A simple man

@The Chaos Entity already put this before (Link), but I saw on facebook a little bit more detailed version

Quote:
How the characters in volume 18 died, arranged in chronological order:

- Tokisaki Kurumi: Pierced through her chest by Mio's hand.
- Elliot Baldwin Woodman: Exhausted after the battle with Ellen, departed peacefully on «Fraxinus».
- Yamai Kaguya: Stabbed from the back through her chest by silky strips from Mio's Astral Dress.
- Yamai Yuzuru: Stabbed from the front through her chest by silky strips from Mio's Astral Dress.
- Hoshimiya Mukuro: Stabbed by her own «Michael» when she tried to disable Mio's "Ain Soph".
- Yoshino: Shot by Mio-controlled «Metatron» after «Zadkiel»'s ice barrier was disabled by Mio.
- Tobiichi Origami: Stabbed by the spear of light from Mio's hand.
- Yatogami Tohka - First time: Pierced through her chest by light strands extended from the ground.
- Honjou Nia: Died with the crew after «Fraxinus» was shot down.
- Itsuka Kotori: Survived after the ship crash, light strands extended from the ground and pierced through her chest.
- Isaac Westcott: Mortally wounded after battling with Shidou, Mio siphoned out his Sephira.
- Izayoi Miku & Natsumi: After helping Shidou defeat Westcott, stabbed suddenly through their chests by light strands from the ground.
- Yatogami Tohka - Second time: Completely deleted from the world by Void Angel «Ain».
zezegui222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 00:45   Link #17775
NeutralZero

Now that is brutal...

Really like Reine so hope there's a way to redeem her in the next volume...
NeutralZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 07:08   Link #17776
Mizo

how much time till we get the title for next volume ?
Old 2018-03-23, 07:09   Link #17777
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
We won’t hear anything about that until like two months before the release, which will be in August or September most likely.
Old 2018-03-23, 07:58   Link #17778
tuckersister

Keep in mind that Reine and Mio are the same but they're also different from each other.
Old 2018-03-23, 09:23   Link #17779
Otaki123

Completed spoilers of vol 18 is here guys, enjoy it.
https://www.facebook.com/notes/date-...5116834672240/
Otaki123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-23, 12:56   Link #17780
Mizo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckersister View Post
Keep in mind that Reine and Mio are the same but they're also different from each other.
yeah , noticed that she said that , her wish is stupid , and in vol 17 seems like she accepted the fact that her lover died guess soo .

anyway tachibana got us cameo for both Rinne and Mayuri then i hope we will get a Rio cameo too

Tags
action, angelic spirits, antiheroine, comedy, drama, fake harem, fantasia bunko, harem, light novel, open ending, possible true harem, romance, science fiction, seinen, shounen, time travel, tragedy