AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-09-10, 01:58   Link #61
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erhjegel View Post
You have to keep in mind that the king is completely isolated from all this. He has no knowledge of what is going, nor does he wish to know what is going on, because of the Prince's death. Hence why the whole country of Brune went to hell thanks to Dukes Tenaldie and Ganlon's maneuverings for the throne.
Lol seem like having useless kings is needed for the story >_> Even Ellen's king is afraid of their power and try to prevent them from expanding their territories, rather than trying to make use of the power they have.
xBakaChanx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 02:05   Link #62
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBakaChanx View Post
Lol seem like having useless kings is needed for the story >_> Even Ellen's king is afraid of their power and try to prevent them from expanding their territories, rather than trying to make use of the power they have.
I wouldn't say Viktor's fear is unwarranted, and even Limalicia points this out in Volume 2. Seven retainers who each hold prestige and positions directly beneath the king, each of them holding power equivalent to a thousand knights, all with their own goals and agendas? Definitely enough to make most leaders tremble and cower with fear and paranoia.

Tigre's response to the hypothetical question posed to him, however, was just hilarious.

Brune's king, however, was completely useless, even before the loss of the Prince. He did let the Dukes Tenaldie and Ganlon run amok with their territories, and basically split up the country among themselves for their own self-interests.
Old 2012-09-10, 02:11   Link #63
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

I think within the seven retainers not all of them have their own goals and agendas, like Ellen who herself wanted a king that can actually make use of their power instead of trying to prevent them from using it. Lol Tigre's response is just Tigre-styled LOL
Spoiler for Tigre's Response:
Old 2012-09-10, 02:15   Link #64
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
I think within the seven retainers not all of them have their own goals and agendas, like Ellen who herself wanted a king that can actually make use of their power instead of trying to prevent them from using it. Lol Tigre's response is just Tigre-styled LOL
Spoiler for Tigre's Response:
Which earned him a smack right upside the head from Limalicia. Hahaha.

Speaking of the Vanadis, I'm completely looking forward to the last one, Olga.
Old 2012-09-10, 02:20   Link #65
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Which earned him a smack right upside the head from Limalicia. Hahaha.

Speaking of the Vanadis, I'm completely looking forward to the last one, Olga.
Olga? OO (Don't know who that is), Lim's obsession with dolls...lol never fail to amuse me <3
Old 2012-09-10, 02:25   Link #66
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Olga? OO (Don't know who that is), Lim's obsession with dolls...lol never fail to amuse me <3
Olga is the seventh and yet-to-be-revealed Vanadis, who is wandering around. I'm completely curious as to how she looks, how her personality is, what her motivation might be, and what her weapon is.

At least Lim's hobby came in handy near the end of Volume 2, for triggering Lyudmila's flag! Hahaha.
Old 2012-09-10, 02:28   Link #67
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Lol that mask which hid his face.......I think the meeting with Sophiya was the most intense one out of all three meetings with the vanadis....I was...speechless.....
Old 2012-09-10, 02:36   Link #68
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Lol that mask which hid his face.......I think the meeting with Sophiya was the most intense one out of all three meetings with the vanadis....I was...speechless.....
Which means I should speed up my reading. Can't wait to read about that, and then the fight between Elizabetha and Eleonora as well as Alexandra's appearance in Vol. 4, and then Valentina's appearance in Vol. 5 as well as Tigre's first true use of the bow...
Old 2012-09-10, 02:39   Link #69
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Which means I should speed up my reading. Can't wait to read about that, and then the fight between Elizabetha and Eleonora as well as Alexandra's appearance in Vol. 4, and then Valentina's appearance in Vol. 5 as well as Tigre's first true use of the bow...
Sounds exciting >_< wish i can read vol 4 and 5 lol, look at the coloured pic of vol 3....that explain a lot about their meeting =_=
Old 2012-09-10, 02:56   Link #70
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

You mean the grand battle with Roland? Now I'm definitely stoked.
Old 2012-09-10, 02:57   Link #71
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
Lol the battle was pretty exciting as well but the meeting with Sophiya is interesting in a whole new direction >_>
Old 2012-09-10, 05:27   Link #72
whsie

Quote:
That battle was badass. It was a classic face off.

Volume 1 and 2 are good, 3 is better, and 4 is at another level (the battle against superior odds). 5, which is the conclusion to the first arc, looks just as good.
whsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 06:11   Link #73
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by whsie View Post
That battle was badass. It was a classic face off.

Volume 1 and 2 are good, 3 is better, and 4 is at another level (the battle against superior odds). 5, which is the conclusion to the first arc, looks just as good.
I swear, once I get to that part, I am so blasting Nenshou Kairou loudly off my speakers.
Old 2012-09-10, 10:16   Link #74
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Again, that's what I love about this series. Every action has consequences, whether intentional and unintentional, that play out in the big picture.
^ THIS. THIS SO MUCH. It's the fact that nothing happens in a vacuum that makes you feel like this world really is a living and breathing world.
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 10:25   Link #75
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ THIS. THIS SO MUCH. It's the fact that nothing happens in a vacuum that makes you feel like this world really is a living and breathing world.
You also gotta love how these consequences don't just get mentioned at the end of a volume and occur at the beginning of the next. It's not like set pieces merely meant to transition into the next book release. They also occur right as the story unfolds during the middle of the book, making the whole world feel more alive, that everything is connected. Easiest examples would be, in Volume 1, Tigre's capture alone; in Volume 2, Donalbane's band of thieves.
Old 2012-09-10, 12:39   Link #76
Ddraig

I have been following this LN for awhile and glad to see this show up in the forum now ^^.
Ddraig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 14:21   Link #77
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
You also gotta love how these consequences don't just get mentioned at the end of a volume and occur at the beginning of the next. It's not like set pieces merely meant to transition into the next book release. They also occur right as the story unfolds during the middle of the book, making the whole world feel more alive, that everything is connected. Easiest examples would be, in Volume 1, Tigre's capture alone; in Volume 2, Donalbane's band of thieves.
Ya those transitions were done quite nicely ~_~ kinda give off a different feel from those other novels which end in one vol and a whole new story start on the next one, not that there's anything bad about it.

Off track here but is Horizon good? It seem so big that I couldn't get the courage to start reading it ~
Old 2012-09-10, 21:42   Link #78
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Quote:
Off track here but is Horizon good? It seem so big that I couldn't get the courage to start reading it ~
It's intimidating but I would say it's a well-built series. It has a lot of solid history, concepts and background surrounding it, and you'll need to understand all of those while reading Horizon. That's probably why a lot of people are intimidated by it.

Plus, THEY'RE HUGE (the horizon books start midway through).

Quote:
Ya those transitions were done quite nicely ~_~ kinda give off a different feel from those other novels which end in one vol and a whole new story start on the next one, not that there's anything bad about it.
It makes the story into something dynamic, something that reacts to every character's actions and inputs, rather than something constant. A constant story to me is something akin to a play, where all the characters act out predetermined roles and actions. I'm not arguing that one is superior than the other; it's more out of personal preference that I like reading a dynamic story.

Getting close to finishing Volume 2 now! Finally reached the part where Eleonora and Lyudmila marched their armies.
Old 2012-09-10, 21:45   Link #79
xBakaChanx
Kotori!Kotori!Kotori!

Quote:
It's intimidating but I would say it's a well-built series. It has a lot of solid history, concepts and background surrounding it, and you'll need to understand all of those while reading Horizon. That's probably why a lot of people are intimidated by it.

Plus, THEY'RE HUGE (the horizon books start midway through).

It makes the story into something dynamic, something that reacts to every character's actions and inputs, rather than something constant. A constant story to me is something akin to a play, where all the characters act out predetermined roles and actions. I'm not arguing that one is superior than the other; it's more out of personal preference that I like reading a dynamic story.

Getting close to finishing Volume 2 now! Finally reached the part where Eleonora and Lyudmila marched their armies.
Lol first word that came to my mind when i saw those books : Dictionaries, especially that middle one LOL

Go Go >_< got to go read about Roland =D
Old 2012-09-10, 21:47   Link #80
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Yeah, that really thick one in the middle is Owari no Chronicle's final volume. It's a precursor to the world of Horizon.

I know! I'm so worked up over Volume 3! D:

Tags
action, ecchi, fantasy, harem, light novel, mf bunko j, politics, romance, seinen, strategy, true harem, war(s)