AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-03-30, 06:15   Link #561
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i demand a second season!!!
Haha, only if they hire better writers and give it a 24 episde full season.
Old 2011-03-30, 07:04   Link #562
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
i demand a second season!!!
With the Blu-ray sales been as bad as they have been I highly doubt it'll happen.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 14:29   Link #563
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I give this series a 4 / 10.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 15:26   Link #564
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I give this series a 4 / 10.
As did I, 4/10 is what I take to roughly mean "mediocre." It was a disappointment on most fronts, but had a few moments of charm.

It was rife with cliches and conventions. The plot was not horrible, but I found the characters to be uninspired, and not likable. Some of them were downright annoying. Rose was a one-note player and Ryuji was just plain uninteresting. The side-cast was stronger, I thought. Ai was a cool character (but that might just be my heterochromia-fetish speaking), and Horie Yui's character (Maruga?) was also quite likable. But then again, when is Horie Yui not likable?

Since I think the flaws of the show are apparent, I'll focus on the few episodes I really liked. This show had a weird inconsistency about it; while most of the episodes were mediocre, and a few were horrible, some were very enjoyable.

The arc with Maruga and the English priest was fun. The priest was an entertaining character; and hey, you'll never see me turn down Horie Yui. Another jewel in the rough was the one where they got stuck in a painting. If nothing else, that was a very fun idea. The opening of the show was also great; Horie Yui saves the day again. I've listened to it many times and never skipped it. The soundtrack, however, is another matter entirely...

So, do I want more Dragon Crisis? Not really, but I'd probably watch it if another 12-episode series was announced. It'd be a real stretch to sit through another 24 though.
Old 2011-03-30, 17:58   Link #565
Dr. Casey

Wow, I'm surprised this series has such an almost unanimously negative reaction towards it (Pretty much everyone except Drago and Taufiq). Even Rio: Rainbow Gate has its share of dedicated fans. I enjoyed Dragon Crisis a good deal myself and would be pleased if there was a second season announced. It's still my second favorite series of the Winter season, and unlike Madoka never lost any momentum from going through Postponement Hell.
Dr. Casey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-30, 19:10   Link #566
Taufiq91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Casey View Post
Wow, I'm surprised this series has such an almost unanimously negative reaction towards it (Pretty much everyone except Drago and Taufiq). Even Rio: Rainbow Gate has its share of dedicated fans. I enjoyed Dragon Crisis a good deal myself and would be pleased if there was a second season announced. It's still my second favorite series of the Winter season, and unlike Madoka never lost any momentum from going through Postponement Hell.
Well, it has really good visuals and that reason alone kept me going for the entire season. As long as i can look at the character designs and visuals of this series, i would not stop watching.

That said alone, it had the worst story arcs ever written. "Look! Trouble! Oh, Rose and Ryuji are together, so let's just solve this and deal with it" That's basically the majority of the story arcs. And like i've said many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many many times It could have been better as a 24-episode season. If you expand the story arcs, have good pacing and give it more depth, you could have had a really good series.

I only like this show for the visuals, character design and voice acting talents (all of it warrants a 6/10 for this anime), but it could have been better with a strong story arc and good pacing.
Old 2011-03-31, 00:54   Link #567
Eight_wonder
Cirno <3

Another anime that's been destroyed by rushed pacing and two-episode story arcs.
Old 2011-03-31, 01:45   Link #568
winkel

I think Dragon Crisis is an awesome show. It proved to me you can always create a new, good twist on old cliches. I actually enjoyed every single trope as it was presented in the series, where I would have been disgusted and repulsed had they been used in many other similar shows I've had the misfortune of trying out in the past. There's a unique charm about it that I found lacking in many shows nowadays, and is what makes this series stand above almost every other this season.

The only true flaw this series had was its pacing. Not enough episodes, yet they took their time with everything, and even tossed in filler episodes, which left the end of the series on an unsatisfactory note to the viewer. I hope for a season two, but seeing the dredges that Japanese otaku have chosen to favor in their poor attempt at taste, it's not seeming likely.
winkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 08:59   Link #569
Gohan78
Awakened One

When they did the "love engage" thing I was expecting Rose to transform into a full fledged Red Dragon to take down Onyx. I was extremely disappointed that the love engage only amounted to a rose-colored fire that conveniently consumed the Big Bad.
And the harem-like epilogue at school was downright terrible.
Honestly if you rate this series more than average (6/10), either you didn't watch very many anime or you have terribile taste. Disapponting.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-31, 13:40   Link #570
Angelmonster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
When they did the "love engage" thing I was expecting Rose to transform into a full fledged Red Dragon to take down Onyx. I was extremely disappointed that the love engage only amounted to a rose-colored fire that conveniently consumed the Big Bad.
And the harem-like epilogue at school was downright terrible.
Honestly if you rate this series more than average (6/10), either you didn't watch very many anime or you have terribile taste. Disapponting.
It was a pink colored fire in the shape of a heart couldn't be more ridiculous and cliche then that.

The problem was that it wasn't bad enough to be campy, it was just plain bad. They gave us rushed story acrs and too many characters for sucha short season. They could have cut out Wolf Girl hanging around and the Blue Dragon girl shouldn't have been there at all.
Angelmonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-03, 21:15   Link #571
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Sigh they drop the ball on this anime it would have been better if it was a full 24eps so they can full in more of the story it just seem they left out so much. But it was some what good even with a rush ending

6/10
Old 2011-04-13, 00:27   Link #572
KingBoo

i just finished watching the series and there were many things i hated or disliked.

for example i hated the male main character. i don't even know his name but i just hate him. hated how the final boss in the show got defeated. i was actually rooting for him, even though it was obvious he was going to lose. i disliked how that girl that's actually in love with the main character loses him to a dragon girl.

but there were some things i did like. the swat guy was pretty badass for a normal person. he even had a funny moment with that wolf girl. the scientist is another character i liked, and him spying on the others was funny too. i also liked how the main character actually picked a girl instead of remaining undecided like so many other shows (although there are a few cases where i don't mind that happening).

overall i give the series a 3/10.
KingBoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 16:27   Link #573
Midonin
Last Engage

For whatever else can be said about Dragon Crisis!, the character song album is a standout among character song albums. The music is pretty good, but the format. It's a "character symphony", making listening to it straight through (and this is one of the few that must be listened to that way) sort of a condensed, musical version of the entire show. It's even divided up into "acts". Doing it that way must have taken quite a lot of work, and I applaud the songwriters for that.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-11, 07:42   Link #574
Hyack

Finished this anime in 2 days.. 9feb and 10feb.

I quite like this anime, because it has a catchy opening and ending song. I also like the character design. The cons about this anime is that everything is quite rushed. Like the whole save and destory Draco ? (forgot his name) was in 1 episode. I already expected such ending after watching 3 episodes. The battles are always the same attack to win.. "engage" and one time "love engage".

I actually expect more than 12 episodes. I was hoping a few episodes with all the characters just having fun or something and see some more of Rose and Ryuji, because they are now closer and got a lot of friends.
If they going to make a season 2, I hope they can work better on the storyline and the battles.
Hyack is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, romance, shounen