AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-23, 05:34   Link #341
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

well, at first I think that the battle will be a mind battle but looks like I'm wrong....
maybe I can enjoy this show as a normal summon-battle anime..... I have a great hope but looks like I wish too much.....

welcome to devil and money world....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 05:50   Link #342
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Coincidence that his partner looks like the Mikuni's one ?
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 05:58   Link #343
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I'm so happy that the second episode was even more exciting than I expected~ Episode 3, what's taking you so long?! xD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
The designs seem to be much nicer for females though, since it seems rather plain for the males.
Plain? Males? Did you not see Masakaki and Mikuni's Anubis-like Asset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moci View Post
Spoiler for ep2:
I don't think they're the only ones. Look at the Assets in one of the trailers. (Unless they will belong to either of the two in the future)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
If you mean the time in this episode, that is actually one of the times where it does work. It sets Masakaki apart from the 'normal' characters and really turns him into something not-quite-human.
Seconding this.
Sadly that scene just didn't look that... err... pretty. I mean, their idea for that scene was good... the execution just loooked... odd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
well, at first I think that the battle will be a mind battle but looks like I'm wrong....
I don't think it ever suggested being a mind battle with those monsters and swords.... (I wonder if there'll be money guns too)
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 06:04   Link #344
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
If you mean the time in this episode, that is actually one of the times where it does work. It sets Masakaki apart from the 'normal' characters and really turns him into something not-quite-human.
Masakaki is strange enough to look out of place regardless. Anyway I understand the excuse your making for it, but this is more of a art style issue, he just doesn’t fit in (shading is different compared to everything else). You also have the consistency problem to the scenes where he’s not 3D. And obviously 3D Masakaki just looks low quality, so I would rather have the 2D version and just drop this “looks more out of place” gimmick (assuming there is one).
Old 2011-04-23, 08:22   Link #345
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I don't know if anyone's said this already but when Hanabi got that news of an incident from her phone, did anyone else think the cause might be the guy Yoga defeated?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 08:41   Link #346
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I don't know if anyone's said this already but when Hanabi got that news of an incident from her phone, did anyone else think the cause might be the guy Yoga defeated?
I think the news is just implying that there are many bad things happening in the world because of money, but that doesn't necessarily mean that the FInancial District is involved with it.

EPISODE THREE SYNOPSIS IS UP =3:
Spoiler for ep 3:
Old 2011-04-23, 09:31   Link #347
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Well, good first episode. Took the usual cliches and gave them an original spin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
I think she is involved with the Financial District or whatever it's called. I don't trust her.
Old 2011-04-23, 10:14   Link #348
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Not quite sold yet on the fights yet. Here you've got the main character getting pounded mercilessly, and all it takes to counter and win the match is using the 'super move'? Begs the question why the enemy doesn't have one, or even how he can be 'oneshotted' by it.

Yeah, that's the big thing I have beef on. Normally I'd just shrug things like this off the side, but they did dedicate half the episode on the fight...

Oh well, at least everything else is pretty good. The other Entres in particular intrigue me, as it's obvious not everyone just 'wastes' the money they earn like the person from last episode. Some people use it to set up a spy network, while others just builds an company with it. Which in turn makes me wonder which direction the protagonist will head in... will he still strive for a 'normal' life, or will he change his mind in the future?

One thing that kinda made me chuckle though... "An Asset is the embodiment of an Entre's future." Taken literally, does that mean main guy wants to be of the opposite sex? (Don't mind me, been watching/reading too much Horou Musuko)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JediNight View Post
PS: noitaminA has had 26 shows air already? How time flies, I didn't think it had been that many already. I suppose it started being more shows from when the block was 1hr long. They've gone back down to 1 show for the block now though, haven't they?
You mean you haven't watched C's companion in the noitamina block this cour, Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Boku-tachi wa Mada Shiranai, aka. AnoHana? Lots of people think its arguably the best show of the season, if you're into drama and all. (Click pic on my sig if you want the link to the thread)

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 10:19   Link #349
Kyouka
Is Here

Is her name Mashu or msyu?
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 11:22   Link #350
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouka View Post
Probably Mashu, unless “msyu” has any meaning.
Old 2011-04-23, 11:50   Link #351
Blaat

If they ever decide to make Tatsunoko vs Capcom 2 they should, without a doubt, include Mashu.
Old 2011-04-23, 12:17   Link #352
Kyouka
Is Here

i guess the subbers messed up
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 12:25   Link #353
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
I think she is involved with the Financial District or whatever it's called. I don't trust her.
Not even her phone?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 12:32   Link #354
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Because of my admiration for Nakamura, I'll stick with this a while longer, but I was hoping it was going to be more than shounen-styled battles with a couple of economics terms thrown in to make it sound mature.

Yet another season where my most anticipated show falls short, and one I had no knowlege of, Hyouge Mono, is fast becoming my favorite of the spring.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 12:44   Link #355
Horse

Quote:
Originally Posted by felix View Post
Probably Mashu, unless “msyu” has any meaning.
Quote:
i guess the subbers messed up

It shows MSYU in the show so no, not really a mess up - even if "Mashu" is just Yoga's pronunciation.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 15:00   Link #356
Deconstructor
Crossdressing Menmatic

I'm seeing a lot of disappointment in the lack of intellectual depth. Eh... I didn't think the first episode in any way indicated C was going to take that route; most anime choose to drape their simple story with some familiar concepts. I still believe C will use those concepts as the backbone of their plot. They're just going to hardly scratch the surface with these complex ideas. For example, the idea of inflation comes into play: the Midas Bank is introducing more and more money into the real world, thereby lowering the value of money.
Deconstructor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 17:06   Link #357
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
Wonder if Mikuni is her boyfriend. Didnt enjoy epi 2 as much as epi 1 tho seeing Mashu's bankai tho. Hopefully epi 3 will be better.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 17:25   Link #358
broken270
Defying gravity

Spoiler:
broken270 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-23, 17:34   Link #359
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

Quote:
There's a [C] card/merchandise with the leading character and his Asset, and what's written was "Kimimaro & Mashu". So I suppose "Mashu" is the official spelling.
Old 2011-04-23, 17:34   Link #360
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
It shows MSYU in the show so no, not really a mess up - even if "Mashu" is just Yoga's pronunciation.
Mashu will be the spelling in the subtitles, confirmed with the Director.

Consider MSYU a cool alternative spelling, if you'd like. Her true name is spelled in kanji.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, finance, noitamina