Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2014-10-13, 00:27   Link #9181
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
And the Eagles shutout the Giants. And by their schedule, I don't see the Giants winning any of their next 5, either.
Good. They belong at the bottom of the barrel.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 07:10   Link #9182
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samari View Post
Good. They belong at the bottom of the barrel.
Well met.

Denver v San Francisco will hopefully be one heck of a game next week. Manning needs 3 more TDs to break Farve's all-time record. Also a game the 49ers need to stay on the heels of Arizona.
Old 2014-10-13, 07:31   Link #9183
GDB

Okay, I need the San Francisco DST to put up less than 5 points tonight. They can win for all I care, just don't put up more than 5 fantasy points on DST.

*edit*

Damnit football gods, they have 6 points at the moment. I need them to get nothing else, and for St Louis to get another TD. Just 1 TD, that's all the Rams need to get to knock a point off of SF's DST fantasy.

And of course, they get a FG instead. Damnit. I'm going to lose by 0.62 points.

*edit 2*

Well that freaking sealed that. At least it wasn't by less than a point, I guess. I'm actually more okay with it this way than a small margin of defeat.

Last edited by GDB; 2014-10-13 at 22:41.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-13, 23:33   Link #9184
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

By yourself alone, you have convinced me fantasy leagues of any kind are more trouble than benefit.
Old 2014-10-14, 00:04   Link #9185
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

^
Me as well, I was completing for a couple of years to try it, but always felt by instinct that it will cause me more stress than its worth the fun
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-14, 02:42   Link #9186
Samari
World's Greatest

Great win tonight for the 49ers. We played rough early, but turned it around right before the half and never really looked back. Colin had one of his best games. Threw for over 300 yards and three touchdowns all to different receivers. Only put the ball up 36 times. Would have had four if Vernon didn't sabotage Vance McDonald's endzone catch. Oy. Both those guys were stinking up the joint. Anyways, Greg Williams is Colin's best friend. He constantly blitzes with his defenses, which is the worst thing you could do against Colin as he'll make you pay for it. We didn't run the ball that well unfortunately. The Rams definitely shut us down in that area. We gave both Hyde and Gore a decent amount of carries. Couldn't do anything though. Iupati got hurt, but we still should have been able to get a yard on three straight attempts. That's on the players.

The defense brought the lumber. Sacked Austin Davis 5 times. Ahmad Brooks looked like Ahmad Brooks for the first time all year. Perrish Cox continues to be the biggest surprise this year. All in all a nice performance after initially crumbling early. Way to bounce back. Harbaugh has really got this team focused despite all the nonsense that has been put out there by the media. Beat two 5-1 teams and climbed out of a 1-2 start. Next week is at Denver. May not have a lot of our key players. Now Willis and Iupati are nicked up. Ahmad Brooks might be the only starter from our linebacker group next week. At least Aaron Lynch has looked good for a rookie. Manning might kill us. I think it's going to be up to the offense to try and get us a win. I definitely don't want everyone frothing at Manning breaking Brett Favre's record. At least not in a win. I hope we spoil the party. Then we'll have a bye. Even if we lose 4-3 wouldn't be bad heading into the bye and then getting the Rams at home. Should be interesting.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-10-14, 22:31   Link #9187
oldschoolotaku

Location: Previously in Idaho but am now back in my place of birth-california
Go 49ers! been a fan my whole life don't own any gear to prove it at the moment but so what! That said seahawks are my other fave so the last superbowl was amazing for me and I look forward to seeing this season through
Old 2014-10-18, 06:10   Link #9188
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Percy Harvin traded from the Seahawks to the Jets for a conditional mid-round draft pick.
Old 2014-10-19, 02:29   Link #9189
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldschoolotaku View Post
Go 49ers! been a fan my whole life don't own any gear to prove it at the moment but so what! That said seahawks are my other fave so the last superbowl was amazing for me and I look forward to seeing this season through
You know the 49ers and Seahawks are bitter rivals right?

Reminds me of the time I saw a guy with a 49ers jacket wearing a Rams hat.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-10-19, 18:35   Link #9190
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Surprised that the day Jacksonville gets their first win of the season, those Jaguars fans in this thread are slower to respond. Celebrating, I guess?

Smooth win by Dallas. 6-1 and top of the NFC at present. That's something.

Seattle drop another one - but to the Rams. Samari will be stoked.

Buffalo and Washington pinch wins in the final seconds. Kansas take it late to cut the Chargers down.

Brees blows another game for the Saints, ensuring DarkwingDuck's silence.

And time for Peyton to have a crack at the all-time TD passes record tonight in that Broncos-49ers matchup.
Old 2014-10-19, 19:39   Link #9191
GDB

Bengals must think they're already in the post-season with the way they played today.
Old 2014-10-19, 19:41   Link #9192
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

nice firs win. the defense played excellent, they've really stepped up since week 3 and are beginning to look like the defense I expected at the beginning of the season, just getting better each week. D-Rob with a 127 yard game out of no where. Hopefully it's starting to click for him and he strings together some nice games, this game showed what we can do if we had a freaking running game and a secondary that doesn't give up huge plays.

Also Reaper, some interesting stats. Bortles leads the league in completions under pressure (which is amazing) and 3rd down conversion (before today's game at least). He also has one of the highest completion percentages for a rookie in NFL history.

Also, Allen Robinson leads the league in drop percentage (which is amazing also) and is pretty much the 3rd best rookie receiver right now behind Sammy Watkins and Kelvin Benjamin. Think he's developing into a special player. Remember before the draft a lot of people had Robinson as a sleeper to be the next Dez Bryant-type receiver and he's having a really steady going as a rookie. He's on pace for 800+ with over 70 catches as a rookie.
Old 2014-10-19, 20:00   Link #9193
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
nice firs win. the defense played excellent, they've really stepped up since week 3 and are beginning to look like the defense I expected at the beginning of the season, just getting better each week. D-Rob with a 127 yard game out of no where. Hopefully it's starting to click for him and he strings together some nice games, this game showed what we can do if we had a freaking running game and a secondary that doesn't give up huge plays.

Also Reaper, some interesting stats. Bortles leads the league in completions under pressure (which is amazing) and 3rd down conversion (before today's game at least). He also has one of the highest completion percentages for a rookie in NFL history.

Also, Allen Robinson leads the league in drop percentage (which is amazing also) and is pretty much the 3rd best rookie receiver right now behind Sammy Watkins and Kelvin Benjamin. Think he's developing into a special player. Remember before the draft a lot of people had Robinson as a sleeper to be the next Dez Bryant-type receiver and he's having a really steady going as a rookie. He's on pace for 800+ with over 70 catches as a rookie.
It was a very nice win, was wondering where you been. It was a very impressive win, the Browns has a top 3 running offense. Despite without Alex Mack, it is still a top 10 offensive line. Quite impressive we kept the running game down that much against them.

Our running game is also impress as well. If Robinson can string a couple of at least 65 yards with 3.5 yard per carry at least. We got our ruining back in the future. Hopefully as a whole, a 100 yards running will be a norm.

Bortles had a bad game, but he didn't crack. He will bounce back and learn like he always had. If the running game gets more stabilize, we will see him passing with me success.

Also, thing to note, one of the best receiving tight end in the league, Jordan Cameron. They manage to shut him down. I am extremely happy.

Also, what are the numbers for the offensive line? Run block must have been better.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 20:04   Link #9194
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I'm really glad to hear that, as a PSU fan.

Kid was money the last two years. The criticisms against him mostly centered around blocking and effort when the play wasn't his way, but he stepped up huge when needed and was a very solid receiver throughout two seasons as the top pass-catcher in the Big 10. Which is pretty amazing considering he was a nobody his first year on the team. He was considered by a lot of fans to be an appeasement offer to a 4-star QB from his high school we had landed the year before. Pretty lowly rated, not a lot of offers. Played very little as a freshman, but, importantly... played as freshman. Over the offseason between his freshman and sophomore years he bulked up a lot, and as a sophomore he exploded onto the scene.

I watched the highlight of his TD catch on NFL.com earlier. It was kinda irksome that they spent the entire clip talking about Bortles and said virtually nothing about the great individual effort Robinson put in to score. He has great body control. He was so good at getting YAC here at PSU, which is something we really, really lacked from receivers for a long time.

Great to see him get his first TD for you guys. I hope he has many more!

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 20:47   Link #9195
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Manning reaches 509 by halftime. Denver are stomping San Francisco at this rate unless there's a complete reversal in the 2nd half.
Old 2014-10-19, 20:51   Link #9196
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
Also, thing to note, one of the best receiving tight end in the league, Jordan Cameron. They manage to shut him down. I am extremely happy.
Cameron hasn't really done anything all season.
Old 2014-10-19, 21:17   Link #9197
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Manning reaches 509 by halftime. Denver are stomping San Francisco at this rate unless there's a complete reversal in the 2nd half.
Pretty pass, too. Exactly how you throw an out-route. And nice catch by Thomas.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-20, 00:19   Link #9198
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Another Sunday night blowout. If it wasn't for Manning getting that record, this would have been another bust.

So at this point, Dallas is leading the NFC and Arizona in 2nd. How about that.

49ers copped some serious injuries tonight.
Old 2014-10-20, 00:53   Link #9199
Samari
World's Greatest

Bad loss for the 49ers. Not a shock though. At some point you need players. We're missing like 10 or so starters. Our offensive line has been a joke all season due to the shuffling around. And now we have more players that got hurt in tonight's game. Our backup left guard had to play center at one point because our first two starters got hurt. It was like musical chairs on the line as the game progressed. I had never seen anything like it. And we had only three healthy corners to finish the game. Crazy. I expected this to be a loss at the beginning of the year, but not a blowout. Unfortunately it is what it is. We've had a blowout before and went to the Super Bowl (2012 at Seattle). I'm not that worried heading into the bye at 4-3, although I didn't think the Cardinals would be leading the division. At least we're ahead of the Seahawks. We need to get Bowman, Aldon Smith, and Willis back as soon as possible. Also we need our corners to get healthy. Tramaine Brock clearly wasn't ready to come back. Chris Cook is hurt, and Chris Culliver didn't play. Time to regroup and prepare for the Rams at home. By the way the receivers might actually want to work on, oh I don't know, catching the ball. Especially Vernon Davis.

永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Old 2014-10-20, 08:25   Link #9200
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Cameron hasn't really done anything all season.
he lit up pittsburgh the week before. not that that's saying much.

Tags
american football, sports