AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

Old 2010-12-21, 11:21   Link #21
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

It's a Christmas miracle!

Haven't read the Fate/Zero novel, but anything involving Type-Moon + ufotable must be great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
Then they should do the last route of the novel too.( I mean Heaven's Feel)
But I never expected from Fate universe to be animated after the movie, but anyways great news.
I secretly hope that if they ever animate Heaven's Feel, it would be a 20+ series (or a collection of long OVA's) but I sort of expected that we were going to get something for F/N considering all the new announcements for Type-Moon animated projects.
Old 2010-12-21, 11:32   Link #22
Nerroth
NePoi!

I'm looking forward to seeing Zero Lancer in action, myself.
Old 2010-12-21, 11:36   Link #23
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
THANK GOD

Well, I just hope that it's an OVA series.
Agreed, especially looking back on how the last Type-Moon TV projects turned out.

Hopefully the production rivals that KNK and UBW movies if it is the case.

Looking forward to seeing Zero! Berseker in either case.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 11:43   Link #24
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I'd be fine with a TV series, i mean this is Ufotable we're talking about, not Studio DEEN. They can get the job done.

Can't wait to find out who'll score it. I already have a few names that would be perfect, though i'm prepared to be surprised.
Old 2010-12-21, 12:26   Link #25
LostHanyou

Maybe with this renewed interest the Fate/Zero translation will be finished...

Personally I can't wait to see Kariya, Kotomine, and Rider.
LostHanyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 12:27   Link #26
kyouray
2D > 3D

Director : Ei Aoki (あおき えい)
Character designer : Tomonori Sudou (須藤友徳), Atsushi Ikariya (碇谷敦)

So basically Kara no Kyoukai staff (even if I didn't find any info for Atsushi Ikariya).
Old 2010-12-21, 12:35   Link #27
Tsuchi

I'd bet for a movie series, out of faith. I didn't like the UBW much because of how rushed everything was, so I want to expect a F/Z project at the level of Rakkyo.

Personally, I am more interested in having a good adaption than in an incredible technical level. Slightly above average is fine to me if they don't screw up with the settings or the ideas presented by the original products.

I can't wait to see Saber in action, as always. Kariya's predicament is always interesting and Assassins are nice to see too (but for some reason I don't think they'll have much importance here).
Tsuchi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 12:49   Link #28
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
I'd be fine with a TV series, i mean this is Ufotable we're talking about, not Studio DEEN. They can get the job done.

Can't wait to find out who'll score it. I already have a few names that would be perfect, though i'm prepared to be surprised.
Am I the only one who's really hoping Kajiura will get to score a T-M x ufotable project again? It felt so good to see one of her scores properly used, unlike most of her works for Beetrain TV series. I'll never forget how truly amazing that battle scene in the sixth episode was, with Azaka running over the chairs and how well the music fit. Now I'm spoiled for life, regarding Kajiura.

That said, though, the staff's already shown us what they can do, so I'm just excited for another good bit of T-M x ufotable collab. Not exactly the biggest Fate fan, it's definitely the T-M work which I like the least, but since Zero seems to feature an almost completely new set of characters, maybe I'll enjoy it more!

In other news though, funny how this has completely overshadowed the Girls'Work announcement.
Old 2010-12-21, 12:51   Link #29
Tsuchi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
In other news though, funny how this has completely overshadowed the Girls'Work announcement.
I think it's quite natural in a way, since we know... basically nothing about it?
Old 2010-12-21, 12:56   Link #30
Blue-kun
Che! Che! Che!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
I think it's quite natural in a way, since we know... basically nothing about it?
Well, I wouldn't say nothing. The scenario by Meteor, Original Character Designs by Takenashi Eri and there's even a picture of it now:

Spoiler:

Although I guess it wouldn't ever compare to F/Z simply because the novels are out there already! So yeah, your point stands.
Old 2010-12-21, 13:04   Link #31
Tsuchi

That's exactly what I mean! GW has been "announced" several times already, but we got nothing about it. Even Nasu was very secretive about it in an interview for T-M Ace. We have a character design now, and news regarding who will work on it, but since we still don't even know what it is about, the hype has died a bit, at least inside me.

Not like I'm not interested in it, anyway.
Old 2010-12-21, 13:05   Link #32
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyouray View Post
Director : Ei Aoki (あおき えい)
Character designer : Tomonori Sudou (須藤友徳), Atsushi Ikariya (碇谷敦)

So basically Kara no Kyoukai staff (even if I didn't find any info for Atsushi Ikariya).
This is just getting better and better. Type-Moon fans around the world are nearing an orgasm....
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 13:25   Link #33
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Omg a Fate series not touched by the shit hands of Deen. Wow, am I still dreaming?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 16:43   Link #34
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue-kun View Post
Am I the only one who's really hoping Kajiura will get to score a T-M x ufotable project again? It felt so good to see one of her scores properly used, unlike most of her works for Beetrain TV series. I'll never forget how truly amazing that battle scene in the sixth episode was, with Azaka running over the chairs and how well the music fit. Now I'm spoiled for life, regarding Kajiura.
I'd easily say Kajiura's score for Kara no Kyoukai was her best work, heck i can't even listen to her other works (apart from Pandora Hearts) anymore . Personally though i think we need more orchestral style pieces for Fate/Zero, though that's just the image that i have when i think of some of the novel material animated.

Like i said, i'm ready for a surprise.
Old 2010-12-21, 16:56   Link #35
applejuice
I kill you
*Graphic Designer

I still can't believe this actually happened. Fate/Zero was, for me, one of the best work from Fate universe, mostly due to Urobuchi Gen's superiority in writing than Typemoon Mushroom. (But Butch Gen is fuckin sadist.) Another good thing is, this is getting manga too <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuchi View Post
That's exactly what I mean! GW has been "announced" several times already, but we got nothing about it. Even Nasu was very secretive about it in an interview for T-M Ace. We have a character design now, and news regarding who will work on it, but since we still don't even know what it is about, the hype has died a bit, at least inside me.

Not like I'm not interested in it, anyway.
Same for me. When was it first announced?... A year ago?... We didn't even know whether it will be VN or anime.

According to the interview from Takeuchi (producer of this project), 'Girl's Work' is an anime original project by Typemoon x ufotable and it won't have any VN release, like Angel Beats did with Key x P.A. Works.
Old 2010-12-21, 18:43   Link #36
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I suspect it will be movie format like KnK. Hopefully so, since the movie are less prone to censorship compared to TV series. Anyway, good news indeed.
Old 2010-12-21, 19:02   Link #37
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I suspect it will be movie format like KnK. Hopefully so, since the movie are less prone to censorship compared to TV series. Anyway, good news indeed.
No, that would be OVAs that you are thinking of. A movie would have to be toned down as well.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 19:06   Link #38
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I don't think so, KnK movies do contained some very intense scenes (Movie 3 beginning, anyone?).
Old 2010-12-21, 19:57   Link #39
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I don't think so, KnK movies do contained some very intense scenes (Movie 3 beginning, anyone?).
It's not really sexual content I'm thinking of here.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 20:18   Link #40
Yuno
Balanced Diet

Whoa, this is exciting news. I remember hearing about the novels? before and wanting to read them. I ceased looking for them when I couldn't find anything in english, I haven't bothered to look since and I sort of forgot... Seeing this not only reminded me, but also has me quite excited. I really like Gilgamesh as a character and we'll get to see all of his actions leading up to Fate Stay/Night.
Yuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fate/stay night, nasu, ufotable, urobuchi gen, visual novel adaptation