AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 294 62.96%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 93 19.91%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 40 8.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 4.50%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 1.50%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.21%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.21%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.21%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.21%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 1.71%
Voters: 467. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-18, 05:33   Link #1061
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I am predicting a big twist... the spoilers don't cover what happens after this episode.

PREDICTIONS:
- black knights staged the "execution" to let Zero/Lelouch esczpe
- Diethard and Toudou explain Lelouch's past to the others in an offscreen conversation
- both are disgusted by what he did but he that the devotion to the cause is authentic even though his methods have been extreme.
- they know they are checked. Their only bargaining chip is Lelouch, now. If Brittania gets him dead or alive, it's over. Schneizel will parade his prize around like a trophy and display Zero as a dead corpse or caged animal. They know there is no reason for Schneizel to keep his word and they know he is less than genuine for the way he treated Tamaki. He is too much of a butt kisser.
- they agree to let Lelouch live and let him escape in order for him to be a thorn on Brittania's side.
- Nagisa, Laksharta, and a team of Black Knights rush the transport as Mordred leaves. They steal the bomb. Black Knights disguise themselves as the enterage of guards and take Schneizel back to his ship.
- Guren is geared up. Diethard sends message to Jeremiah to stay away.
- they plan to use the captured bomb against Brittania.
- the cover of the fake guards is eventually blown and they find out the bomb is gone.
- Diethard relishes his victory. He made a fool out of Schneizel.
- Schneizel is disappointed and decides to engage the black knights.
- Kallen is sent to look for Lelouch and help him kill Charles...
- Black Knights tell Schneizel that Laksharta has figured out how the bomb works and will use it against them. They are also sharing the information with their allies. They bluff to buy Laksharta time.
- Schneizel is ticked off.

no
just no
Old 2008-08-18, 05:33   Link #1062
Stretch5920

Quote:
I am predicting a big twist... the spoilers don't cover what happens after this episode.

PREDICTIONS:
I stopped reading here.
Stretch5920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 05:33   Link #1063
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
They didn't give Lelouch a chance to tell his own side of the story. Ougi was very persuasive.
That man Ougi is one of the most ungrateful characters I've ever seen, Lelouch saved him right on episode one of season 1... *rant *rant

And Diethard was the last person I expect to betray Zero, I guess it's expect the unexpected in the Code Geass universe.

Quote:

PREDICTIONS:
- Diethard and Toudou explain Lelouch's past to the others in an offscreen conversation
- both are disgusted by what he did but agree that his devotion to the cause is authentic even though his methods have been extreme.
- they know they are checked. Their only bargaining chip is Lelouch, now. If Brittania gets him dead or alive, it's over. Schneizel will parade his prize around like a trophy and display Zero as a dead corpse or caged animal. They know there is no reason for Schneizel to keep his word and they know he is less than genuine for the way he treated Tamaki. He is too much of a butt kisser.
- they agree to let Lelouch live and let him escape in order for him to be a thorn on Brittania's side.
Well, I'm hoping at least these come true.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 05:35   Link #1064
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Diethard had the most logical reaction of them all. He lost his chance to make Zero a god and so settled for making him a martyr.
Old 2008-08-18, 05:40   Link #1065
Orga777
TRUE! Lelouch is dead! XD

People seem to be so sure the UNF will care if Zero is gone. They may not care. They will continue to fight or they will just pack up everything once they learn FLEIJA exists and will try any way they can to make peace with Britannia before anything worse happens.

People seem to think that the UNF would even care that Zero left for any reason for that matter. Hell, without him, they really wouldn't have to give up their fighting forces and would be fine if they still want to fight Britannia. Everyone seems to think that what was essentially a coup on the part of the Black Knights that no one will listen to them if they decide they want to still fight or work with the UNF. Just because a coup is done, doesn't mean everything is over. Stop jumping to conclusions people.
Orga777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 05:42   Link #1066
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Diethard had the most logical reaction of them all. He lost his chance to make Zero a god and so settled for making him a martyr.
But that won't work if they give Schneizel "Zero." Schneizel asked for Lelouch. He would not let Zero exist as a "symbol" when he has enough on him to tear him down.

Diethard would know that. They know Schneizel killed Zero by finding out his secret identity and collecting all that information on him.

The war for the Black Knights is technically over. The big bomb is too much for them to handle. Brittania has the ultimate weapon. No Zero and no bomb = no will be able to stand against Brittania. Brittania will rule the world. Schneizel has the information and the testimonials to run a smear campaign against Zero, he'd turn him from that martyr into a judas. Cornelia and Schneizel would never let Zero's image remain intact... they have to clear Euphemia's name and Schneizel would want to crush the fight in his enemy by squashing their hero.

That's why I think the whole thing was staged and that the escape also served as a diversion for Nagisa and Laksharta to steal the bomb onboard Schneizel's ship.

Remember, Nagisa and Laksharta were missing from that scene. Nagisa is an elite soldier. Who better to raid the transport?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 05:48   Link #1067
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
But that won't work if they give Schneizel "Zero." Schneizel asked for Lelouch. He would not let Zero exist as a "symbol" when he has enough on him to tear him down.

Diethard would know that. They know Schneizel killed Zero by finding out his secret identity and collecting all that information on him.
It's not information he would make public, especially the part about Geass. Diethard got what he needed (not wanted) from Zero's death. He can't make the situation any better, so he's using it as best he can.
Old 2008-08-18, 05:53   Link #1068
Kenu
magoi, magoi!

Another great episode of this great series.

I knew Rolo would someday redeem himself, even out of selfishness for a lie.

His whole character had only one real intention, to be loved and treated as a person, not as a weapon. Lelouch gave him that.

He knew the escape would kill him, but he did it because he loved "his" brother and that is selfless.

Re: Suzaku.. it is more irony. He has tried so hard not to get his hands dirty and be able to make decisions to restore Japan. His goal was to protect Japan and the Japanese, but he has done nothing but destroy and kill his own people. Insanity would only be logical.
Kenu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 05:55   Link #1069
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
It's not information he would make public, especially the part about Geass. Diethard got what he needed (not wanted) from Zero's death. He can't make the situation any better, so he's using it as best he can.
Cornelia would want to clear her sisters name. Schneizel would crush the spirit of those who followed Zero by revealing Zero as a "traitor."

Cornelia wants to prove to the world that Zero made Euphemia crazy. By proving Euphemia was turned crazy by Zero, Schneizel would repair the families image, crush his enemies, and gain tons of power without firing a shot. It's his style.
Old 2008-08-18, 05:56   Link #1070
Orga777

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenu View Post
Re: Suzaku.. it is more irony. He has tried so hard not to get his hands dirty and be able to make decisions to restore Japan. His goal was to protect Japan and the Japanese, but he has done nothing but destroy and kill his own people. Insanity would only be logical.
Actually here he killed mostly Britannians...<.<'
Old 2008-08-18, 05:57   Link #1071
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Who died aside, his actions have driven him off the deep end- evidently not for long, though, since he's rather stable next episode.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 05:58   Link #1072
NoLongerSane

Quote:
Cornelia would want to clear her sisters name. Schneizel would crush the spirit of those who followed Zero by revealing Zero as a "traitor."

Cornelia wants to prove to the world that Zero made Euphemia crazy. By proving Euphemia was turned crazy by Zero, Schneizel would repair the families image, crush his enemies, and gain tons of power without firing a shot. It's his style.
Yes that is true, but even though Euphemia's name was vindicate, Cornelia is going to have a hard time explianing why FLEIA was made in her name and memory. Nina really tainted Euphemia's memory when she created that weapon.
NoLongerSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 06:00   Link #1073
LordLabyrinth
Confused like hell

Quote:

Still it's so hard to explain to people. I mean if the royal family start broadcasting a report on why Euphie went nuts: "Yes... that's why Euphie ordered the massacre. The youngest son of the royal family casted a magic spell on her that made her go crazy..."

It's easy for us to accept geass because we've been watching the series from the beginning but can you imagine how outlandish it will sound to the people when they hear that explanation? Most poeple would just laugh it off as a joke. I know I would if Obama started talking about magical geass that can make people vote for Bush (although it might explain few things).
LordLabyrinth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 06:00   Link #1074
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLongerSane View Post
Yes that is true, but even though Euphemia's name was vindicate, Cornelia is going to have a hard time explianing why FLEIA was made in her name and memory. Nina really tainted Euphemia's memory when she created that weapon.
You have a point, a lot more people obviuosly died from that bomb (many Brittanians included) than Euphi's massacre.

Fired by Euphemia's knight as well. o.o!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 06:01   Link #1075
incorrupts
Banned

Send a message via MSN to incorrupts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
That man Ougi is one of the most ungrateful characters I've ever seen, Lelouch saved him right on episode one of season 1... *rant *rant
I really liked Ougi, i did. And i was hoping for a nice VilletaxOugi ending. But he has been so asshole lately and so blindly stupid {you gotta listen to two POV mister} i just wish Sayoko comes back and put those samurai ninja-sticks-whatever in his ass this time. Srsly.
incorrupts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 06:02   Link #1076
Orga777

They aren't going to broadcast this you know. It would hurt Britannia's image that Lelouch went rouge at all Geass aside. They aren't going to do anything to mess that up. The only thing that will be said is either Zero was killed, Zero betrayed them, or something similar to that. Nothing else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skyless
I really liked Ougi, i did. And i was hoping for a nice VilletaxOugi ending. But he has been so asshole lately and so blindly stupid {you gotta listen to two POV mister} i just wish Sayoko comes back and put those samurai ninja-sticks-whatever in his ass this time. Srsly.
Except he didn't do anything wrong.
Old 2008-08-18, 06:02   Link #1077
Dream_Traveller
Banned

But alas, Sayoko's dead. Sadly.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 06:03   Link #1078
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

They would come up with their own lie. They'd probably describe Geass as a drug or device. They have Lelouch's confession to Suzaku.

Besides, it's not in their best interest to let Zero become a martyr when they have the means to smear him.
Old 2008-08-18, 06:04   Link #1079
Sinn
Pwnage

Sunrise did a good job killing all the characters that will be on Lelouch's side.

And also OUGI, whats wrong with him being angsty all of a sudden?
Old 2008-08-18, 06:05   Link #1080
tbl
Affably Evil

Quote:
Diethard probably has hidden cameras in Zero's room. Diethard likes to know everything. Diethard probably knows about the Geass cult, for all we know. His character has been established as being extremely intelligent, perceptive, restrained, and devious.
When he heard about the Cult Massacre, he thought to himself "you should trust me more" or something along those lines. It was obviously the first time he heard about it.
Destroy. Destroy. Destroy. Slowly, completely, gently beyond comparison, cruelly to the point of numbness, I'll violate your life. That's right. The instant I rip off your limbs, tear open your rib and pull out your intestines, biting into your neck as you scream in agony, chewing through your eyes as I ignore your pleas for mercy and spreading your brains on the ground like butter! I am sane, well more or less

tbl is offline   Reply With Quote