AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-07-04, 08:28   Link #21
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Meh. I need to go practice reading again.
Old 2009-07-05, 13:48   Link #22
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

An EP. 5 thread would be nice right about now. =P
Seeing as the portrait and a few screenshots were revealed, people are already talking about it.

Old 2009-07-05, 13:51   Link #23
chronotrig

Seconded, otherwise EP5 discussion will spill into other threads and spoil people who don't want to be spoiled.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-07-05, 14:02   Link #24
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Unfortunately, overlord Klash isn't here at the moment so we will have to hang on for a bit. But the way the discussions are all spread out between a few threads is getting to me. I can see slip ups with spoilers if this continues...

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2009-07-08, 22:16   Link #25
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Requesting : 'What you miss from Deen'

On a serious note, this thread would serve as a place for people to point out the differences between game, manga and anime, and for people to participate in discussions over them. There's been a considerable number of difference posts in each episode thread, which is not to say that it's not allowed, but I thought it's a good idea to have it all contained in a new thread where, if people are interested, they can visit the thread knowing full well what they expect, and save the episode threads for discussion over plot points and plot impressions (not over adaptations) instead.
Old 2009-07-09, 04:57   Link #26
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
Requesting : 'What you miss from Deen'

On a serious note, this thread would serve as a place for people to point out the differences between game, manga and anime, and for people to participate in discussions over them. There's been a considerable number of difference posts in each episode thread, which is not to say that it's not allowed, but I thought it's a good idea to have it all contained in a new thread where, if people are interested, they can visit the thread knowing full well what they expect, and save the episode threads for discussion over plot points and plot impressions (not over adaptations) instead.
[Anime] Umineko - Spoilers & Expectations (for experienced VN readers only) thread fits the need for those particular group of VN readers who want to compare the anime adaptation critically.
Old 2009-07-09, 05:11   Link #27
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm actualy surprised people still want a thread to complain in, considering that the Spoilers thread has had a lot of complaining posts lately.
Old 2009-07-09, 05:25   Link #28
zato_1one

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
I'm actualy surprised people still want a thread to complain in, considering that the Spoilers thread has had a lot of complaining posts lately.
That may be because even though it already has a thread to complain, people still don't get enough and complain it in inside the discussion thread.
Old 2009-07-09, 15:24   Link #29
Serpit

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
[Anime] Umineko - Spoilers & Expectations (for experienced VN readers only) thread fits the need for those particular group of VN readers who want to compare the anime adaptation critically.
While it wasn't my idea, I think the purpose of the proposed thread was to provide all the information from the VN the anime left out to the anime-viewers, without going further than the current point in the anime and upated weekly in accord with each episode. This doesn't seem like a bad idea to me, as it might provide some insight on character's actions and some possibly critical details that were omitted.
Old 2009-07-09, 15:26   Link #30
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Instead of a discussion, you want a thread that list up all missing elements in the anime adaptation compared to the manga and VN? that certainly wouldn't be bad at all, as it would be purely about information and not opinion (which is why I'm reluctant to create another thread, since weekly episode thread ARE made so that everyone can give a critic/appreciation, regardless who they are).

For this point, I will try to make something though it is a bit difficult to list all omitted elements.
Old 2009-07-10, 08:49   Link #31
crazysjd89

Send a message via MSN to crazysjd89
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Instead of a discussion, you want a thread that list up all missing elements in the anime adaptation compared to the manga and VN? that certainly wouldn't be bad at all, as it would be purely about information and not opinion (which is why I'm reluctant to create another thread, since weekly episode thread ARE made so that everyone can give a critic/appreciation, regardless who they are).

For this point, I will try to make something though it is a bit difficult to list all omitted elements.
I made a list for another forum I go to, if you would like that. Though I'm not the best at summarizing.
Old 2009-07-15, 12:07   Link #32
zato_1one

Isn't it a time to create Episode 3 discussion thread?
Old 2009-07-15, 12:12   Link #33
Alaya
Counter Force

Maybe the Mods are busy. We might have to wait a little bit.

Madoka: This was the tale of magical girls whose wishes are pure and by them are driven to despair.
Old 2009-07-15, 12:20   Link #34
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

There is no need to put post about an episode thread creation: I perfectly know the airing time, but it isn't like I'm online 24/24 either.
If it is really late, just PM a mod or wait, but posting won't change anything.
Old 2009-07-17, 07:33   Link #35
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Just a suggestion:

To create a new thread for EP5 when the game actually comes out

That first one:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83581
...Is already a mess, 30 pages of baseless chit-chat

Is that fine?
Old 2009-07-17, 07:48   Link #36
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

But you have to consider the fact that the large majority of people who want to play the game don't know enough Japanese to play it even when it comes out (like me). Unless Witch Hunt plans to work on it as well (Klash hasn't said anything yet), it's only going to be useful for a very few number of people.
Old 2009-07-17, 08:14   Link #37
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

That's the good point.
I think there are like 10 people (or a bit more) here who can read it.
It's enough to pull out a good discussion without so much mess and flood.
When they release the patch for EP5, you can join in too.

It's just a suggestion, though
Old 2009-07-17, 08:35   Link #38
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'd say create the thread when someone plans to work on the translation. In my case, I'd only go and try to order episode 5 when that happens. It's kinda hard to order where I live, so I have to be absolutely sure I'll be able to play it.
Old 2009-07-17, 09:55   Link #39
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Ace has a valid point, it's also possible to merge the two threads when the english patch is out.
Old 2009-07-19, 03:51   Link #40
Rena Ryuuguu
Hinamizawas Cleaver Girl

Send a message via MSN to Rena Ryuuguu
I know there was said only a maximum of 7character threads but would it be ok if I ask for a Kanon Thread or might even a Thread for all Servants. if there should be one meanwhile I'm sorry.
Closed Thread