AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-11-22, 15:03   Link #121
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

This is a 2 year old thread, the opening has also not visited the forum at all in the last 2 years.

Stop posting in dead threads.
Old 2009-11-22, 15:34   Link #122
straferd
Toushi

Other people might use this thread for tips you know.
Old 2009-11-22, 15:39   Link #123
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

There's no point to use old threads for tips, you will miss out on new stuff.
Old 2010-05-01, 01:44   Link #124
EmpathySuicide
Stiched But Bleeding

Elfen Lied ... sorry had to say it, it's what got me hooked on sad anime's
heh wanted to rip my heart out for every character since they all got really short ends of the stick
and actually Fate/Stay Night Bummed me out big time, so many things i wanted to happen didn't. It's not a huge downer in emotion but it has some moments and overall i'll give it some merit as a good Anime
Old 2010-05-08, 20:59   Link #125
vampirelights

well have u tried H2O:footprints in the sand i think it has a pretty sad plot but a happy ending
Old 2010-05-17, 04:24   Link #126
sakura464

anime

hi
i noticed you were looking for a sad anime i know one
its called
Le Chevalier D'Eon
its a really sad anime trust me i'm not watching it again.

here is a short plot to it:
The story begins in Paris 1742, when the body of a woman named Lia de Beaumont is found in a casket floating along the Seine.[5] The only clue regarding her death is the word "Psalms", which is written in blood on the lid of the casket. D'Eon de Beaumont, Lia's younger brother and a knight in service of King Louis XV, takes it upon himself to investigate his sister's mysterious death, along with the strange disappearances of a number of French women. In his journey he comes across three companions to help him.
but my verson & why its sad
not pretty, friends become enimes, friends die & you will find out the rest

well even though you were looking for a anime to watch please think about it first.
this anime brought me to tears

site for more information of anime

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Le_Chevalier_D'Eon

a better plot of it

D'Eon is a French nobleman bent on serving his Divine Majesty Louis the XIV to the best of his abilities, following in the footsteps of his beloved sister Lia de Beaumont. However, his straight-forward role with the secret police is interrupted by the sudden death of his sister while on a diplomatic mission in foreign lands. In his desire to find the truth of her murder, he comes before the King and becomes closely entwined in the mysterious organization known as Le Secret du Roi. He quickly finds himself embroiled in a realm of spiritual energy where death is a gate to greater powers and the Psalm of the King brings destruction in its wake. D'Eon must ask himself what is the price of truth and who will pay it, as the French Revolution looms inevitably nearer.

http://www.anime-planet.com/anime/le-chevalier-d-eon
http://www.google.com.au/#hl=en&sour...85b9171f4fd138

well i hope this helps you.

i rate the anime low because its too sad for me but its up to you.
if this anime gets to sad stop watching like i didn't

best regards

Sakura464
Old 2010-05-20, 23:58   Link #127
ANGA

@ sakura464 thanks for all the info. Le Chevalier D'Eon looks interesting, I will check it out
Old 2010-09-15, 01:52   Link #128
xee

I'm commenting not because I want to be a troll and revive a dead thread, but because this is one of the first threads in google search when looking for 'sad anime', so it's going to continue to attract/probably is attracting thousands of people, so it's probably best if it stays relatively updated?

So I'm going to recommend some that haven't been mentioned yet.
* = highly recommended, but not just because of the tragedy.
♥ = probably sad enough to make you cry

♥*** Gundam 00 - seriously? this hasn't been mentioned? this is a real tear jerker. it might look like 'just another mecha series', but it focuses very heavily on the character relationships and romance - more heavily on this than on the mecha - and some of the events, including the ending, could have you balling like a baby.
* Princess Tutu - not really a tear-jerker, but the kind of anime that is beautifully bittersweet. (note: despite the childish name and premise, this is not a children's anime. think more of the brother's Grimm original fairytails.)
Rainbow - not romantically tragic like Clannad. a bit more gritty, showing realistic tragedy.
♥* Nabari no Ou - i cried.
Canaan - while this shouldn't be on the top of your 'to watch list', there are definitely some sad moments.
*** NANA - again, i can't believe this hasn't been mentioned. but to be fair, i'm caught up in the manga too and forget where the anime stopped. but i remember that NANA had some really heart wrenching moments. for bittersweet, tragic relationships, It's one of the best series I've ever seen.
Clannad ~After Story~ - when most people say Clannad, they usually mean this, for anyone who is a handful of episodes through Clannad and thinking 'WTF, this is all moe comedy', persevere! S2 will have you bawling your pretty little eyes out. even if you're a bodybuilder. or wrestler. or mafia member. or, IDK, something really tough-notgunnacry-looking.

derp

a lot of my favorites have already been mentioned, (Clannad, Saikano, Haibane Remnei, Elfen Lied, Grave of the Fireflies, etc.) Although I'd highly recommend that anyone looking for the 'pretty, heartbreaking' kind of tragedy to avoid School Days. That's the kind of show that leaves you with serious emotional baggage, but not the 'wow, that was so sad I cried' kind. If you're not HUGE on psychological stuff, you won't enjoy it.
Old 2011-04-22, 05:22   Link #129
cosmo15900

not sure if its in the list yet

Hey. i just finished a series called Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 and i found it to be quite sad through but extremly sad at the end. i will not give any info on it but i gotta say its a good sad one.
H20 footprints in the sand Was a Sad one as well at the time i was just starting to get the idea of anime and dint realize that they show more after the ending song.
Old 2011-04-23, 02:06   Link #130
LilYome

i would say the saddest ANIME/MANGA series is NANA!
Old 2011-04-23, 02:08   Link #131
LilYome

Quote:
Originally Posted by xee View Post
I'm commenting not because I want to be a troll and revive a dead thread, but because this is one of the first threads in google search when looking for 'sad anime', so it's going to continue to attract/probably is attracting thousands of people, so it's probably best if it stays relatively updated?

So I'm going to recommend some that haven't been mentioned yet.
* = highly recommended, but not just because of the tragedy.
♥ = probably sad enough to make you cry

♥*** Gundam 00 - seriously? this hasn't been mentioned? this is a real tear jerker. it might look like 'just another mecha series', but it focuses very heavily on the character relationships and romance - more heavily on this than on the mecha - and some of the events, including the ending, could have you balling like a baby.
* Princess Tutu - not really a tear-jerker, but the kind of anime that is beautifully bittersweet. (note: despite the childish name and premise, this is not a children's anime. think more of the brother's Grimm original fairytails.)
Rainbow - not romantically tragic like Clannad. a bit more gritty, showing realistic tragedy.
♥* Nabari no Ou - i cried.
Canaan - while this shouldn't be on the top of your 'to watch list', there are definitely some sad moments.
*** NANA - again, i can't believe this hasn't been mentioned. but to be fair, i'm caught up in the manga too and forget where the anime stopped. but i remember that NANA had some really heart wrenching moments. for bittersweet, tragic relationships, It's one of the best series I've ever seen.
Clannad ~After Story~ - when most people say Clannad, they usually mean this, for anyone who is a handful of episodes through Clannad and thinking 'WTF, this is all moe comedy', persevere! S2 will have you bawling your pretty little eyes out. even if you're a bodybuilder. or wrestler. or mafia member. or, IDK, something really tough-notgunnacry-looking.

derp

a lot of my favorites have already been mentioned, (Clannad, Saikano, Haibane Remnei, Elfen Lied, Grave of the Fireflies, etc.) Although I'd highly recommend that anyone looking for the 'pretty, heartbreaking' kind of tragedy to avoid School Days. That's the kind of show that leaves you with serious emotional baggage, but not the 'wow, that was so sad I cried' kind. If you're not HUGE on psychological stuff, you won't enjoy it.
your right...NANA is so depressing...the first anime dat make me cry all the episodes and the chapters....(
Old 2011-05-31, 17:17   Link #132
ArrowSmith

Elfen Lied, Boogiepop Phantom, Lain, Haibane Renmei, Saikano, Hell Girl, NANA, 5cm per sec, Grave of the Fireflies, Neon Genesis Evangelion, RahXpehon, Diamond Daydreams,
Old 2011-05-31, 17:52   Link #133
kitten320

Why in the world do you people keep bringing up old threads? 0_o
There is no point going further than first 2 pages x_x
Old 2011-05-31, 19:04   Link #134
ArrowSmith

However watching sad, depressing anime is not good if you want to avoid depression!
Old 2011-06-11, 15:30   Link #135
amayaibuka-chan

WHAT?!?!? Doesn't anybody think that the Death Note and Code Geass endings are DEPRESSING!
Clannad is NOT sad depressing or painful.
Sola is kinda sad too..
Well idk..
Gunslinger GIrl is very sad
Old 2011-06-11, 17:34   Link #136
matrixdutch

Air TV
Mahou Tsukai ni Taisetsu na Koto: Natsu no Sora
Grave of the Fireflies
Old 2011-06-25, 17:20   Link #137
13thFloor

Shiki.
I thought I knew what a sad/depressing anime was until I saw this show. I'm not going to spoil anything, but there is no "good" in this show, only death and sorrow. It takes every little bit of hope that may have built up early through and just shatters it in your face to the end. It really makes you look at humanity in a different way.
Unlike most anime, there is no black and white mentality where good triumphs over evil, or even evil triumphs over good. The best I can describe it is like war. Everyone is a loser. Not to mention that it has a beautifully tragic soundtrack that fits so well into the animation, the overall atmosphere just screams melancholy.

Overview:
http://psgels.blogsome.com/2010/12/3...-review-90100/

Soundtrack:
http://blog.animeinstrumentality.net...-rouge-review/

Bottomline: This anime is sad, depressing, and very painful. If that's what you're looking for, go for it.
Closed Thread

Tags
sad, tragedy