Notices

Old 2012-04-15, 04:54   Link #281
Albafica
Pisces no saint

About the 3rd episode:

Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-15, 06:02   Link #282
ShiroiRyu

From the things i said earlier in the topic, Yuna have the more development of the characters in Saint Seiya Omega.
I want more of her too ... XD

Spoiler:

Who dont want more of that ?
Old 2012-04-15, 06:22   Link #283
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Episode three was a huge improvement over episode two. I enjoyed it a lot. Yuna is a cool character, I like her fighting style (legs ) and her personality. It's a shame the mask issue was brushed aside so easily, hopefully that's not the end of it. It'd be a bit stupid if anybody could decide simply not to wear the mask if they don't want to... If Yuna is merely the exception, then it's a bit unfair to the other female saints.

Geki's return and the cameo of the 5 bronze saints very much pleased my inner fanboy as well.

So, there are currently two Gold Saints. Shiryu and Hyoga, I'm guessing. We'll probably learn more about them next week.
Old 2012-04-15, 06:24   Link #284
Albafica
Pisces no saint

Pedobear...

Yeah, I want more of Yuna!

I hope that Ryuho will be not too much boring! Tensai Ryuho! He looks like Shun and I hate Shun .

2 gold saints remained in Sanctuary. It would be cool if Hyoga is the Aquarius Saint, it's my favourite character (in bronze group of course). But an original Gold Saint would be interesting too.

edit: yeah I'm a bit surprise about the mask. So she can say "i don't wear it", and there are no problem about that? If it's the case, why other female saints didn't take off their mask too? Maybe, they don't want? Maybe they follow rules too much? They don't have the power of will to take off their mask like Yuna?
It's a bit "ok, Yuna take off her mask, period." I hope there will be more development about that in next episodes.
Old 2012-04-15, 07:11   Link #285
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
I hope that Ryuho will be not too much boring! Tensai Ryuho! He looks like Shun and I hate Shun .
Well, instead of Brother Issues, we've got Daddy Issues. Maybe that'll change things for the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albafica View Post
yeah I'm a bit surprise about the mask. So she can say "i don't wear it", and there are no problem about that? If it's the case, why other female saints didn't take off their mask too? Maybe, they don't want? Maybe they follow rules too much? They don't have the power of will to take off their mask like Yuna?
It's a bit "ok, Yuna take off her mask, period." I hope there will be more development about that in next episodes.
Was the mask rule ever a freaking huge deal though?

I mean, after Shaina's face got seen the first time, it wasn't that big of a deal for her anymore after she had made up her mind on how to deal with Seiya. She still wears them, but for all accounts, she didn't really have a complex about them anymore...

Though admittedly, it's also because Shaina barely got any scenes in the original.

In my opinion, it's really only a big deal in the same veins as how only the Pope was allowed to see Athena. It's sacrilegious given that it's one of the timeless rules of the Saints in respect to Athena, and those who don't follow them are probably in a way, disrespectful of Athena.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 07:53   Link #286
Key Board
Carbon

As this episode says, no one knows when it became a "rule" and why it is still practiced

If I were to guess, it was originally worn by female saints, so opponents would not view them as women and give them preferential treatment
But if equality is the intent, I don't think Shaina ever took the law seriously. I mean, she wears lipstick and high heels

What surprised me the most about this episode was that most of the students were given a day off to go back to their hometowns.

It's really different than the original Saint Seiya where most of the saints were orphans with horrible childhoods who often didn't have a place to go back home to.
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 16:38   Link #287
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Some interesting revelations here. There are currently two Gold Saints? I guess Seiya is out since he's MIA, so could it be Hyoga and Shiryu? Although thanks to new magazines we know what happened to Shiryu, so can he still be considered an "active" Gold Saint?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
What surprised me the most about this episode was that most of the students were given a day off to go back to their hometowns.

It's really different than the original Saint Seiya where most of the saints were orphans with horrible childhoods who often didn't have a place to go back home to.
Well, regardless of how their childhood were, they still had places they could call their homeland, like Hyoga often going back to Siberia. He didn't need to have a house or living relatives there to think of the place as his hometown.
It's just that the birthplaces of the main characters weren't a big deal in the original series. And when they were not fighting, they spent almost all of the time in Japan - their home - anyway.

As for the mask law, it was always kind of arbitrary. I don't remember it being religiously followed in Lost Canvas either. Anyway, Yuna is an interesting character and there's clearly more to her than what we've seen. That's obviously the case of Kouga and Souma too, so i like how they're handling character development. Next week things should get even more interesting with the arrival of the "son of a hero".

Last edited by Goty; 2012-04-15 at 18:37.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 16:45   Link #288
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Yuna was awesome. Glad she took off the mask.
Old 2012-04-15, 17:43   Link #289
SidVicious
Anime addict

Satsuki Yukino.
Old 2012-04-15, 19:20   Link #290
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Spoiler for Newtype scan:
Old 2012-04-15, 19:21   Link #291
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Shiryu and Hyoga, on the other hand, would require some sort of Omega-related explanation to justify their absence.
While I haven't seen the source myself but I've heard that from one of those magazine summary it was said that Shiryu is suffering from serious injuries from the previous battle with Mars in which he lost his five senses (maybe similar to how Mars put that black space-cancer on Saori?), and I think that Ryuho's motivation to fight despite his own frail body is partially related to his desire to save his father. This plotline should be revealed next episode anyway so we can confirm it next week.

So my guess would be that the current "2 gold saints" refers to two saints whom are actually active and that it is Hyoga and Kiki (you need someone to fix those clothes! and Kiki seems to be the logical choice to succeed Mu), and they are counting Seiya and Shiryu as both out of action. Also another possibility is that Shun becomes the Pope so he's not really an active gold saint in that sense, would seem to fit his pacifist personality by taking on the "desk job" to rebuild so to speak.

Since Ikki is always the lone-wolf guy it doesn't seem like it would fit his personality to be a gold saint and hang out in the sanctuary, though I suppose even in past history we've got many gold saints who just do whatever they wish. Also on the other hand his Phoneix cloth is so unique and Kurumada definitely screwed up by making Ikki's gold constellation as a Leo it just doesn't really make good story telling by promoting Ikki as a Leo gold saint as the reader's image of a Leo saint is so heavily shaped by Aolia and there's simply no connection you can draw between him and Ikki.

Last edited by houkoholic; 2012-04-15 at 19:31.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 19:31   Link #292
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Yeah, Ikki should had been Gemini. But I digress, his lone-wolf attitude works well in context of things.

It's more likely for Ikki to have become the next generation of :

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 19:41   Link #293
Key Board
Carbon

Or he could be like Hakurei from Lost Canvas

who was so broken even without a cloth
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-15, 19:48   Link #294
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Or he could be like Defteros and hangs out on Kanon Island to horn his skills and stay away from the crowd while also suppressing the volcano in order to provide the people on the island a livable place. The heat of the place also seems perfect for the Phoenix to live there too.

In the anime Ikki did save that loli on Kanon Island as well, so he's got plenty of reason to return there. :lol:
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 16:36   Link #295
xellos2099

I wonder who is the headmaster... never recall seeing anyone like that in the original serie. He also look like Father from FMA: brotherhood lol.
xellos2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-16, 18:23   Link #296
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
He's definitely a new character. Although he must be someone important or related to Athena to be in charge of Palaestra. Who knows, maybe it's some unknown old friend of Kido Mitsumasa.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 07:25   Link #297
Hiroshi Amearai
Nuclear Fusion

If I remember right. Wasn't Aquila a silver saint? How did it downgrade to a bronze in this new series?
Old 2012-04-17, 07:50   Link #298
j0x
Giga Drill Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
If I remember right. Wasn't Aquila a silver saint? How did it downgrade to a bronze in this new series?
Omega is a spin-off series right? so its no surprise that it will have different concepts and story

im liking this series so far the action delivers just like Casshern Sins
j0x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 07:52   Link #299
Sageblink
Speculation is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiroshi Amearai View Post
Well, pretty much every existing saints were crushed during the Hades arc.
I assume the students are all Bronze-level. As far as we know, there are only 2 Gold saints and... them.

Someone mentionned a rank-up system about the cloths, right ?
Sageblink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-17, 16:11   Link #300
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sageblink View Post
Someone mentionned a rank-up system about the cloths, right ?
No, we don't know about that yet. It's just speculation. What we do know, however, is that

Spoiler:

Tags
action, shounen