AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-10-15, 16:49   Link #381
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
when is the release date of vol 14 of high school dxd?
^ No news yet aside from that it will released sometime this Winter.
Old 2012-11-01, 20:07   Link #382
ser4

what do u guys think are the chances of ice achieving balance breaker with the white dragon's power? cuz well it all started with a red glove (booster gear) and he got the full body armor and now ....well since volume 4 i believe, he has a white glove too so just as he did with the red there is a possibility of him attaining the white armor any thoughts on that?
Also any one else see the possibility of ice attaining a powerful (read dragon) familiar? It was mentioned in volume 8 short story that it seams feasible
Old 2012-11-02, 09:49   Link #383
Ryner
King of All Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser4 View Post
what do u guys think are the chances of ice achieving balance breaker with the white dragon's power? cuz well it all started with a red glove (booster gear) and he got the full body armor and now ....well since volume 4 i believe, he has a white glove too so just as he did with the red there is a possibility of him attaining the white armor any thoughts on that?
Also any one else see the possibility of ice attaining a powerful (read dragon) familiar? It was mentioned in volume 8 short story that it seams feasible
It seems pretty unlikely to me that he is going to receive a Vanishing Dragon (Albion) Balance Breaker.
Old 2012-11-02, 10:43   Link #384
Neah
The Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by ser4 View Post
I don't think he has any chance - he just took a piece of Albion's power ( in the physical form of a jewel ) and incorporated it into his own Sacred Gear. It allowed him to acquire the basic ability of Vali's SG, Divine Dividing, but so far he only has limited use of it and he had yet to master his version of DD completely. There are hints suggesting that he'll learn how to use it later on, but I doubt that the White Gauntlet's power of his will evolve any further. I'm actually quite curious about how Issei will utilize it in battle etc. Knowing him and his ero fantasies he is going to develop another perverted technique like Dress Break. ( and make Ddraig and Albion cry again ) .

Quote:
Also any one else see the possibility of Ise attaining a powerful (read dragon) familiar? It was mentioned in volume 8 short story that it seams feasible
Wasn't it stated somewhere in the story that Ise already have a familiar? I don't remember exactly , it was something about a ship...
Old 2012-11-02, 13:25   Link #385
ser4

I am pretty sure that his "chosen familiar " died at the hands of the girls the clotes melting secretion eating thing so as far as i can remember he is still familiarless
Old 2012-11-02, 13:27   Link #386
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neah View Post

Wasn't it stated somewhere in the story that Ise already have a familiar? I don't remember exactly , it was something about a ship...
Yes, in Vol 13 Extra Life SS.

Last edited by sky black swordman; 2012-11-02 at 19:25.
Old 2012-11-02, 15:00   Link #387
ser4

Well i have not read that cant read japanese ....... Yet so i have to relay on translations. Also about the albion balance breaker i was thinking somthing more like Sub-species Balance Breaker then an actual one.
Old 2012-11-04, 21:49   Link #388
rickiminato

the volunen 15 of high school dxd are a side-stories?
Old 2012-11-04, 22:28   Link #389
sky black swordman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickiminato View Post
the volunen 15 of high school dxd are a side-stories?
Yes, vol 15 is a collection of SS. Chances are there may be a new SS included. Vol 13 and 8 (Which are also collections of SS) had a new SS.
Old 2012-11-04, 22:32   Link #390
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

There seems too be a lot of short story volumes lately. Well, the author is probably brain storming something good to read.
Old 2012-11-04, 22:44   Link #391
ser4

Might be just me but i prefer the normal volumes rather then the short story ones. There is hardly any development in the short stories.
Old 2012-11-04, 22:50   Link #392
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Well at least it is not Short Story volumes continuously, something similar to Chrome Shell Regios. Unlike that, High School DXD's Short Stories are interesting and entertaining. I am guessing the author is looking for new ideas. He gotten the major religions in the story already so he must be exploring new ventures.
Old 2012-11-04, 22:55   Link #393
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

i really want their to be regular volumes rather than SS i was really excited when n0m@n stated that the next volumes will actually be progressing the relationship with the rest of the harem as well as story progression so i was bummed to hear the v15 is another SS volume but at least v14 is the ravel volume
Old 2012-11-04, 23:07   Link #394
n0m@n
C-Z

Actually, the author wants to do the actual story rather than the short story.

In his twitter, he claimed that he wanted to do the main story for volume 15 as well, but the publisher rejected it and made it into collection of short stories.
It is also because volume 15 will be coming with a BR, so there is a page limit of 288 pages.

He already finished volume 14 last month(October). He wants to continue with the actual story, but the publisher wants to make money instead so they want to increase the number of volumes by compiling short stories released on Dragon Magazine into a volume.
Old 2012-11-04, 23:27   Link #395
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post

In his twitter, he claimed that he wanted to do the main story for volume 15 as well, but the publisher rejected it and made it into collection of short stories.
It is also because volume 15 will be coming with a BR, so there is a page limit of 288 pages.

He already finished volume 14 last month(October). He wants to continue with the actual story, but the publisher wants to make money instead so they want to increase the number of volumes by compiling short stories released on Dragon Magazine into a volume.
Well that is really.........you know what no no no, I will not try to grasp what they are doing in the Light Novel business in Japan, my head is already filled with Economics this semester.

Enough said, at least we know the author already know what he wants and finish a great story.
Old 2012-11-04, 23:58   Link #396
ser4

Quote:
He wants to continue with the actual story, but the publisher wants to make money instead so they want to increase the number of volumes by compiling short stories released on Dragon Magazine into a volume.
For some reason that does not surprise me at all. Well at least we get a book every 4-5 months so the wait wont be that long. Most novels (not LN).... At least in the usa have an year between them
Old 2012-11-05, 00:30   Link #397
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

Quote:

wait he's the author shouldnt he be telling the publisher when and what to do? without him theres no books and no money he should be controlling the greedy publisher thats my opinion though idk bout you guys btw thanks for all ya do n0m@n and the gf says thanks too lol
Old 2012-11-05, 00:42   Link #398
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
wait he's the author shouldnt he be telling the publisher when and what to do? without him theres no books and no money he should be controlling the greedy publisher thats my opinion though idk bout you guys btw thanks for all ya do n0m@n and the gf says thanks too lol
They're the ones who mass produce the books. Do all the marketing for it. and make sure it gets on the shelf and sells. There are certain points that just can't be fought against.

For the most part though the short stories for the volume have been written long ago for magazines with the exception of maybe a single chapter or 2 which will be a volume original. It's mostly just a compiling of what is already written.
Old 2012-11-05, 08:19   Link #399
Soji

What a shame, I would have preferred if vol 15 was the main story.

But at least,like Reaper say the author know what he want and what to do next in the story.

Thanks for the info n0m@n.

Also I agree with Neah about Ise gain a white armor. (wich mean he never will gain a white bb)
While it's true that the author want Isse to master the DD.
But I can't see the author make Isse to obtain the BB from that frament of Albion power.

To be honest i'm curios if he will make a new power/skill using both Albion and Ddraig power and also what is the power that his new body have.
We know that this body have some kind of potential we just not know what.
Old 2012-11-05, 09:06   Link #400
blade82

he has both Great Red and Ophis DNA so a futur power up
Closed Thread

Tags
action, comedy, echii, harem, oppai, romance, school life