AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-01-05, 05:08   Link #4841
vansonbee
❤Ichigo 100%❤

I'm looking forward to what SK does next, because with such a crappy wrap-up she done for SK in the limited time she had, I'm sure she will learn from her past mistakes.
Old 2013-01-05, 05:34   Link #4842
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
How do you know he wont be back to his old ways?
The answer to that is extremely simple. Because it's a shounen romance strory of course.
Kento regreted what he did and has learned his lesson. He and Shou are now happy married, have kids, and there is nothing that indicates that he has gone back to his old ways.

And about Yuki and her Sex trauma. The sex per se was not the reason for her trauma, but the things that happened around the sex. The broken trust, the humilation etc.. After it got cleared up that stalker Touro was not responsible for what happened, the problem was not there anymore. Sure, it was a cheap way to solve that problem, but it was definitely not unrealistic.

And about the vocal minority topic.
This manga was allowed to run for three years, for over 150 chapters, despite the constant complainig of some nerds in a forum about how bad or ridiculous this manga is.
Dauerlutscher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 06:03   Link #4843
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
And about the vocal minority topic.
This manga was allowed to run for three years, for over 150 chapters, despite the constant complainig of some nerds in a forum about how bad or ridiculous this manga is.
If it was on weekly shounen jump then it would indeed be impressive such a long run. But on Kodansha? That isnt very impressive considering how reluctant they are to axe even the crappiest of manga's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waven View Post
You obviously don't know what the term "vocal minority" means.
Minority means small numbers, smaller than majority at least and now if you would know how to count you would see that most of opinins posted are negative. Unless you think that those who are not pasting are supporting the manga but that would be retarded since no one knows who supports what until has an opinion expressed. With as much success you can say that most of users who dont post on the thread hate this manga because they already dropped it and have 0 interest in posting.

So what we can judge is the vocal opinions and sadly the vocal majority on the forums seems to say it wasnt good while vocal minority like you says it was good.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 06:07   Link #4844
Newhope

Good riddance is all I can say, shame really started off well but just went down hill from there by chapter 20-25 I barely bothered with it anymore.

Surprised it lasted as long as it has to be honest considering how poorly the tankobon have been selling .
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 06:20   Link #4845
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
If it was on weekly shounen jump then it would indeed be impressive such a long run. But on Kodansha? That isnt very impressive considering how reluctant they are to axe even the crappiest of manga's.
Despite that, there were enough people who liked and bought it and made it possible to run for so long.
I hope we won't start a debate how crappy a avarage show can be.

I'm more amazed that the same nerds who hated on this manga 100 chapters ago, still bothered enough to complain for the remaining 2 years how bad this is instead on just moving on.
Old 2013-01-05, 06:26   Link #4846
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dauerlutscher View Post
Despite that, there were enough people who liked and bought it and made it possible to run for so long.
I hope we won't start a debate how crappy a avarage show can be.

I'm more amazed that the same nerds who hated on this manga 100 chapters ago, still bothered enough to complain for the remaining 2 years how bad this is instead on just moving on.
For me Nisekoi's 56 chapters are much much more impressive than GE's length because it is able to survive as a romance manga on weekly shounen jump without heavily relying on fanservice (like To love-ru did). I am pretty sure GE would have been axed way before Nisekoi in wsj.

Hmm if you are saying it about me then don't bother, I didnt even read bigger half of its chapters and tunes in at the very last few ones to laugh at the trainwreck. I did however read posts, but didnt bother to read actual manga. There are much more who complained and stopped posting.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2013-01-05 at 06:37.
Old 2013-01-05, 06:40   Link #4847
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:

Minority means small numbers, smaller than majority at least and now if you would know how to count you would see that most of opinins posted are negative. Unless you think that those who are not pasting are supporting the manga but that would be retarded since no one knows who supports what until has an opinion expressed. With as much success you can say that most of users who dont post on the thread hate this manga because they already dropped it and have 0 interest in posting.

So what we can judge is the vocal opinions and sadly the vocal majority on the forums seems to say it wasnt good while vocal minority like you says it was good.
Two words: tank sales figures. You give me a list of 25k+ people openly hating the series on the internet and I believe you.

Also, popularity on online reader sites, mangaupdates.
Sure many people thought it got dull lately, maybe that's why SK had to end it but overall people rather enjoyed the series if you take the entire work, which was my premise to begin with.
Someone with an interest in the genre reading this series in one go will probably like it very much, just as most people did with ichigo100.

edit: nisekoi, while pretty good, has a strong comedy feature and an art style that supports it well. The romance part itself is pretty weak and far from innovative to the point people joke about how cliche-heavy it is. If it was romance only, it couldn't survive in WSJ either.
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 07:25   Link #4848
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
For me Nisekoi's 56 chapters are much much more impressive than GE's length because it is able to survive as a romance manga on weekly shounen jump without heavily relying on fanservice (like To love-ru did). I am pretty sure GE would have been axed way before Nisekoi in wsj.

Hmm if you are saying it about me then don't bother, I didnt even read bigger half of its chapters and tunes in at the very last few ones to laugh at the trainwreck. I did however read posts, but didnt bother to read actual manga. There are much more who complained and stopped posting.
The people i meant will know it without me saying their names.
Waven answered the rest for me.
Old 2013-01-05, 07:27   Link #4849
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Vocal minority-- the argument made by people who don't agree with a certain train of thought, and have no real evidence to back up whether or not they're right. I see it used as a LOT on various forums from manga to video games. Used in an attempt to get others to "shut the hell up".

And every time I hear it, I chuckle, because the truth is, no one has any facts to say whether it's a minority or majority. Hell, I've even heard people call both sides the minority without zero facts to support either side.

It's nothing more than an assumption and really poor debate tactic.

Reminds me of what happened over on the Bioware forums after the Mass Effect 3 ending debacle. The detractors were being called the vocal minority by the supporters, while the supporters were being called the vocal minority by the detractors-- each one presented little evidence to prove their case and what evidence they did provide was instantly blown off by the opposite faction with things like "Game sites are bought off and they don't get to play the whole game which is why it got good scores" and "This is just an internet forum, anyone who isn't here complaining is perfectly happy with the game".... both of which are complete bull.
Old 2013-01-05, 07:36   Link #4850
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

^

again: sales figures... those don't lie
Old 2013-01-05, 07:43   Link #4851
Dauerlutscher
Marauder Shields

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
Vocal minority-- the argument made by people who don't agree with a certain train of thought, and have no real evidence to back up whether or not they're right. I see it used as a LOT on various forums from manga to video games.

And every time I hear it, I chuckle, because the truth is, no one has any facts to say whether it's a minority or majority. Hell, I've even heard people call both sides the minority without zero facts to support either side.

It's nothing more than an assumption.
True, but only to a degree.
Unlike the opinion of some forum nerds, there exist the fact that despite the hating and conplaining of them, the mangas or video games were selling so god that it was possible to continue with making them.

Quote:
Reminds me of what happened over on the Bioware forums after the Mass Effect 3 ending debacle. The detractors were being called the vocal minority by the supporters, while the supporters were being called the vocal minority by the detractors-- each one presented little evidence to prove their case and what evidence they did provide was instantly blown off by the opposite faction with things like "Game sites are bought off and they don't get to play the whole game which is why it got good scores" and "This is just an internet forum, anyone who isn't here complaining is perfectly happy with the game".... both of which are complete bull.
We will see how much the next Bioware games will sell.
Old 2013-01-05, 08:37   Link #4852
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
^

again: sales figures... those don't lie
While GE did decent sales, it definitely didn't really break out. Heck, it got thrashed by KNIM.

In the end, all we have are sales figures, because there's no real other way to determine who liked it and who didn't, and sales figures may not lie, but they definitely don't tell the whole story. So, it's really a one sided argument without anyway for one side to present it's case--- not because they can't, but the means to do so is out of their hands. Unless they somehow take a poll of everyone who's read the series. Trust me, if you wanted to see 25k people hating on the series, there'd probably get a way to show it-- it's just not really feasible to collect all that data, where sales are easily trackable.
Old 2013-01-05, 09:09   Link #4853
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Ofc sales figures don't tell the whole story but they are the only source that has actual numbers so clearly to me the side with at least some kind of evidence to back its argument up seems a tad more credible, all considering I'm obviously biased.
Old 2013-01-05, 10:08   Link #4854
Darknemo2000

Quote:
Two words: tank sales figures. You give me a list of 25k+ people openly hating the series on the internet and I believe you.

Also, popularity on online reader sites, mangaupdates.
Sure many people thought it got dull lately, maybe that's why SK had to end it but overall people rather enjoyed the series if you take the entire work, which was my premise to begin with.
Someone with an interest in the genre reading this series in one go will probably like it very much, just as most people did with ichigo100.

edit: nisekoi, while pretty good, has a strong comedy feature and an art style that supports it well. The romance part itself is pretty weak and far from innovative to the point people joke about how cliche-heavy it is. If it was romance only, it couldn't survive in WSJ either.
I thought GE was pretty good till chapter 40 or somewhere around. Still uf it was so popular it would have better sales than those. More like KNIM.

I think it would be easier to find more poeple not liking it and hating considering the general pool of manga readers. GE's sales werent high.

Nisekoi managed doing it much better. Its not like GE did not try doing comedy and the fanservce specially on covers of some chapter but GE failed to deliver and Nisekoi didnt.

Romance in Nisekoi is pretty heavy too since Chitoge realizes her feelings. It however is doing in light way. Something that GE desperately lacked and this was one of its main faults as all the humor felt terrible and was drawned out in the shit waves of drama. Which is what made GE as unrealistic as all those other romance manga's without being able to show same level of Popularity as KNIM, Ichigo or Nisekoi currently.
Old 2013-01-05, 10:09   Link #4855
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

Well, I just want her next main character to be a kung fu master. I feel GE would've been about 30% more enjoyable/less frustrating if Utsumi could defend himself.
Old 2013-01-05, 10:10   Link #4856
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

It would be nice if her next work will be more light-hearted. I don't want to read another BS angst
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 10:33   Link #4857
KLGChaos
The Shermain

A couple things translated from the last chapter:

Spoiler:

/facepalm
Old 2013-01-05, 10:41   Link #4858
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Considering this manga is up and done. Why don't we make a list of all the highlights of every chapter, whether they are good or bad. Give it a last look and finally putting it down.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 11:25   Link #4859
Insane
Banned

Oh boy, it's spinning again. The final chapter felt like a poor, conveniently written climax by the author who simply want to end her work without care. I can clearly see the author's inability to pull off a solid climactic chapter to end it’s stories. the final chapter felt crumbled on its own weight due to poor direction and sloppy, convenient writing.

In the end i'm not sure why i bothered to skim through all chapters only to feel disappointed by it's conveniently-written climax. Worst shounen romance drama? Of course not. But for some this will definitely be one of the most disappointing, and that I can understand. I definitely wouldn’t call GE good, but I wouldn’t call it garbage either.
Insane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-05, 11:45   Link #4860
KLGChaos
The Shermain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane View Post
Oh boy, it's spinning again. The final chapter felt like a poor, conveniently written climax by the author who simply want to end her work without care. I can clearly see the author's inability to pull off a solid climactic chapter to end it’s stories. the final chapter felt crumbled on its own weight due to poor direction and sloppy, convenient writing.

In the end i'm not sure why i bothered to skim through all chapters only to feel disappointed by it's conveniently-written climax. Worst shounen romance drama? Of course not. But for some this will definitely be one of the most disappointing, and that I can understand. I definitely wouldn’t call GE good, but I wouldn’t call it garbage either.
The only reason it's disappointing for many is because it started with so much potential... the characters were great, the development of Utsumi was awesome for the first 40 chapters... but Sasuga couldn't let up on the melodrama, the character development either halted or backpedaled entirely, and it turned into a cheap, trashy soap opera.

Just my opinion on it, of course. I'm just saddened at having something I enjoyed immensely in the beginning be one of the reasons I can't stomach the genre now.

Tags
being good sucks, drama, kento boss, romance, shoukento, shounen, slice of life, yukiumi