AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-22, 02:54   Link #301
sapphire-pyro
C.C. Loyalist

I find it a little extreme that you automatically go bankrupt if you lose in a fight. But oh well, looks like Kimimaro couldn't afford to lose now.

I'm really loving the Kimimaro and Mashu combo, by the way xD So cute~
sapphire-pyro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 02:56   Link #302
Used Can

Hmmm... What to say? The character designs remain being nothing special. They are not bad, but they aren't good or original either. The designs seem to be much nicer for females though, since it seems rather plain for the males. Anyway, the animation isn't bad, but again, it wasn't anything to take you out of your seat. The music is also very meh tier.

That aside, Msyu seems like a character I'll like. At first, I though she'd have a funny personality due to her design and the fact she's being voiced by Haruka Tomatsu using her high-pitched voice. But Msyu was very, very down to business, to the point of hitting the MC for being useless (not his fault, since Masakaki just threw him to the flames, without explaining anything beforehand). Masakaki remains a very interesting character, and I'm really hoping he'll be developed more throughout the story. Sōchiro also seems to be a rather intriguing character, but I haven't seen enough of him to tell what his plans and/or motivations are. He seems interested on Kimimaro for some reason. Hopefully, it won't be the typical "the MC is super special" case. Anyhow, his conversation with Kimimaro at the end caught my attention.

Finally, the battle system seems very uninteresting. So far, it seems the whole financial setting thing is just there to sound cool, rather than to actually be used in real market operations, which I think is rather sad. I really hope they come into play, because the battles don't seem to be particularly good. But, either way, this is just ep2, and for all I know, the quality of the battles could easily go up gradually with each passing episode. But, despite that, I hope this will be more than just a financially-themed battle anime.
Old 2011-04-22, 03:09   Link #303
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

okay! So this is what we call how devil trap innocent people in money power..... curious to see how will this series ended..... I ever see some similar movie like this before....
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 03:38   Link #304
satomianzaki

nice episode...a promising series indeed...
will be waiting for the next episodes...
satomianzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 04:17   Link #305
Makender
Varsity Slacker

My only question is who the hell pays for a beer with a 10,000 yen bill. If I was the cashier there I would have been royally pissed off.

As for the episode itself, it has some bad pacing issues and I really dislike the rather random use of CG spread throughout the episode. I'll give this show another episode or two perhaps, but I can smell this quickly devolving into poor battle anime that tries to be interesting through the inane use of econ/finance concepts.

Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 04:23   Link #306
Horse

What's with all the complaining about CG in this episode? It's not like it wasn't there in the first one.
Horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 04:26   Link #307
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

So it all depends on RPG-like battles? Eeehhh...a bit iffy on that.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 04:50   Link #308
Makender
Varsity Slacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
What's with all the complaining about CG in this episode? It's not like it wasn't there in the first one.
I didn't like it in the first episode either, but it seemed a little more in your face this episode. Like random CG Masakaki head or random CG Masakaki and Yoga arriving in the Financial District. Why were they CG all of a sudden? I just don't understand.

Edit: And as an aside, who else gets the feeling that we're gearing up for a "Yoga, I am your father" line from Mikuni?

Last edited by Makender; 2011-04-22 at 05:21.
Makender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 05:23   Link #309
dragon132004

Hey Guys... Is C gonna be 26 episodes show? Just have a look on this ending snapshot:

dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 06:27   Link #310
Used Can

I think it refers to C being the 26th show they have aired.
Old 2011-04-22, 08:45   Link #311
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I remain fairly unimpressed. The battles are obviously going to be a major part of the show, yet the battle system seem incredibly boring. I hope there's more to it than what we've seen. I really hope they'll explain how the financial disctric work too, and won't keep its inner workings hazy on purpose.

I'm tempted to agree with the people calling this show pretentious, and I'll wait a bit more before doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Yeah. It's just typical engrish.
Old 2011-04-22, 09:46   Link #312
KyriaL
You are Reading this!

Somehow the idea fairly reminds me of Money and Intelligence from Bakuman.

back to the show, the 1st episode was kind of....dull? But the concept seems rather promising, will continue to keep an eye on this series
KyriaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 09:51   Link #313
TheGeekHuntress
If only you were brave.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
So it all depends on RPG-like battles? Eeehhh...a bit iffy on that.
Yeah, I'm not impressed with that but I will keep watching because I like his asset. She's spunky.
TheGeekHuntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 11:31   Link #314
Kyouka
Is Here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT-a5...embedded#at=12
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 11:32   Link #315
dragon132004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can
Yeah. It's just typical engrish.

I doubt that as noitaminA has done more than 28 show and C in itself takes the position 27 if not 28 beside the noitaminA has 2 cour shows like Nodame Cantabile and Honey & Clover and Tatsunoko Production usually does LONG running shows like Shinseiki Evangelion and Casshern Sins..
dragon132004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 11:36   Link #316
Moci
just an ordinary alien...

Send a message via MSN to Moci
Spoiler for ep2:
Old 2011-04-22, 12:06   Link #317
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I thought ep2 was outstanding. Story evolution. Character evolution. Eye candy of all kinds.

To me, this seems to be an attempt on the part of noitaminA and the director to venture into male otaku territory, with the fighting, the competition, the pretty girls -- while still maintaining relatively high intellectual and artistic standards. I'd say this season's other noitaminA show, AnoHana, is doing a similar thing, with its ghostly loli in the protagonist's home, like a set-up for a normal harem show, but with a lot of serious emotion, too.

The economics vocabulary is fairly bogus, it seems to me. Just used for fun and interest, rather than intended to seriously map the anime to the real meanings of the terms.

By the way, I happened to look at the Wikipedia entry for noitaminA, and it does list this as the series' 26th show.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 12:08   Link #318
Kyouka
Is Here

the ending is amazing im just waiting for a sub group to sub episode 2 then im def going to watch it
Kyouka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-22, 12:10   Link #319
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
By the way, I happened to look at the Wikipedia entry for noitaminA, and it does list this as the series' 26th show.
That explains the 26 I keep seeing whenever I watch the ending.
Old 2011-04-22, 12:56   Link #320
JediNight
キズランダム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makender View Post
My only question is who the hell pays for a beer with a 10,000 yen bill. If I was the cashier there I would have been royally pissed off.
Not really, Japan still does most of their merchant transactions in cash. It's entirely normal to use 10,000yen bills at a convenience store if you have no smaller change. Unlike America where most of our transactions have been pushed onto debit/credit.

If I had to pick some bigger reasons, it would probably be that the Japanese are much more likely to live within their means, so they don't use credit cards like we do. And the country is much safer overall, so having a few hundred dollars in cash on you is normal.

PS: noitaminA has had 26 shows air already? How time flies, I didn't think it had been that many already. I suppose it started being more shows from when the block was 1hr long. They've gone back down to 1 show for the block now though, haven't they?
JediNight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, finance, noitamina