AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

Old 2011-10-27, 17:04   Link #2161
Pandabreaker
Kamijyo Faction member
*Artist

Location: Doing some Digital art. Anyone up for some Doodles? xD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Unlucky Star is the best I think, but I too am looking forward to Minds, Magic and Misfortune and Twice The Misfortune for that matter.

I was never very enemoured with Of Science and Magics though.

Some parts were good, but most of it was just "Meh".

I'm looking forward to more A Certain Cliché Switchover though. Cun does some good work.

I'm actually sort of surprised how no one ever mentions his/her stories here.

Oh, and Mr.Kyon, what's going on with Tales from Certain Students?
Lol, I think there was a fanart or something for that story. I do enjoy Unlucky Star. Totally hilarious and quite a couple times brought a shine to my day whenever it updated

And I guess I haven't discovered that fanfic of A certain Cliche Switchover yet ... hmm =3=

I'll go check it out later.

*from a comic strip xD*
Pandabreaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 17:50   Link #2162
Ashaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandabreaker View Post
Lol, I think there was a fanart or something for that story. I do enjoy Unlucky Star. Totally hilarious and quite a couple times brought a shine to my day whenever it updated

And I guess I haven't discovered that fanfic of A certain Cliche Switchover yet ... hmm =3=

I'll go check it out later.
Pretty much all of Cun's stuff is Railgun, so prepare for minimal Touma and an excess of Misaka and her friends. Which is prob why its barely mentioned here.

Switch is his third or fourth major TAMNI fic. You may want to check out his others first.
Old 2011-10-27, 18:15   Link #2163
Pandabreaker
Kamijyo Faction member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Pretty much all of Cun's stuff is Railgun, so prepare for minimal Touma and an excess of Misaka and her friends. Which is prob why its barely mentioned here.

Switch is his third or fourth major TAMNI fic. You may want to check out his others first.
Huh... well, I'm always up for some adventure ^^.

So long its well written and will keep me captivated, then I'm cool with that. And since Kuroko (probably the most funniest female in railgun) is included then I have no complaints. Humor is humor and nothing can top that.... well, with some exceptions that is...

Thanks for the heads-up, bro.

*from a comic strip xD*
Old 2011-10-27, 18:30   Link #2164
Flere821
Lurker

Nice to see people care about my fic/s

Just a heads up, the next chapter of Twice the Misfortune is about 1/3 written. I got distracted with reading other fanfics over at SpaceBattles though (most recent 'obsession': Holding Back the Sea), so it might still be a while before it's posted.

I've got the entire thing planned out, just need to actually stop being lazy and do some writing.
Flere821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 18:35   Link #2165
Pandabreaker
Kamijyo Faction member
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

Just a heads up, the next chapter of Twice the Misfortune is about 1/3 written. I got distracted with reading other fanfics over at SpaceBattles though (most recent 'obsession': Holding Back the Sea), so it might still be a while before it's posted.

I've got the entire thing planned out, just need to actually stop being lazy and do some writing.
SWEETNESS! I can't wait for that xD!

I do love the progress updates. Good luck man and take your time =P.

*from a comic strip xD*
Old 2011-10-27, 23:03   Link #2166
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flere821 View Post

Hey Flere821, got 2 quick question for you (you can also PM me the message if you don’t won’t other to see your answer too)

1. When you first started doing Minds, Memories, and Misfortune , I wanted to know what material did you find or make up when you thought of making the personality of Misaki for her. I mean when i first read the story it was great and all but it felt like Kanade Suzutsuki from Mayo Chiki! I mean see her much more then Misaki, except with Esper power

2. ANDDDD here my last one, OK In your first or second chapter, i forget, you use Misaki Remote control mind control/eraser on people, i just want to figure out how you knew that because that was not in the manga until the next month after you publish it on Fanfic! And where you stump to find out that you could of waited long after the Festival arc in AC in railgun manga was over, because that would of been great material to use in your Fanfic too but too late
mark1246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-28, 19:21   Link #2167
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1246 View Post
Hey Flere821, got 2 quick question for you (you can also PM me the message if you don’t won’t other to see your answer too)

1. When you first started doing Minds, Memories, and Misfortune , I wanted to know what material did you find or make up when you thought of making the personality of Misaki for her. I mean when i first read the story it was great and all but it felt like Kanade Suzutsuki from Mayo Chiki! I mean see her much more then Misaki, except with Esper power

2. ANDDDD here my last one, OK In your first or second chapter, i forget, you use Misaki Remote control mind control/eraser on people, i just want to figure out how you knew that because that was not in the manga until the next month after you publish it on Fanfic! And where you stump to find out that you could of waited long after the Festival arc in AC in railgun manga was over, because that would of been great material to use in your Fanfic too but too late
1) *shrug* I didn't really base her off any one character... I just thought what would fit and ran with it (took me by surprise the 'sweet tooth' aspect ended up being true in canon with her waffles lol). IIRC I also didn't get into the Mayo Chiki novels until AFTER a few chapters into writing that fic.

2)The remote thing was there right in the 1st chapter Misaki shows up; and I've also left it vague on what the remote can actually do in the fic, so it won't contradict canon. So far I've only shown in fic that she uses it with her powers and that's pretty much it.
Old 2011-10-29, 09:07   Link #2168
Eratas123

Finished Chapter 2 of Secret's revealed. Hopefully it's easier to understand now. I can't put line breaks since, for some reason, I can't edit it on fanfic.net.
Eratas123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 10:39   Link #2169
Twi

The next chapter of my fanfiction, Lightning and Wind, is out: Here

You know what, this fanfiction is now over 20,000 words.
AND IT'S ONLY HALFWAY DONE!!!

I plan to save all the writing as a PDF for free download, so wash your necks and wait for me. Feel free to comment me on the site.
Old 2011-11-01, 06:25   Link #2170
Atrum023
Eternal Silence

^ Well I've posted my thoughts on the fan fiction on your site. I'd just like to say what I've basically stated in my comment, 'Great Job!'

I await eagerly for the next chapter.
Old 2011-11-02, 03:19   Link #2171
Twi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrum023 View Post
^ Well I've posted my thoughts on the fan fiction on your site. I'd just like to say what I've basically stated in my comment, 'Great Job!'

I await eagerly for the next chapter.
Thanks!
The next chapter will be ready in a few days and will consist of Kamijou, Orsola, and Index's battle.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtningAndWind
Tvtropes pages (In progress)

Edit: Chapter Six is out now.

Last edited by Twi; 2011-11-02 at 15:27.
Twi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 20:02   Link #2172
Twi

http://twilitdreams.wordpress.com/fa...chapter-seven/

Chapter Seven is out
Old 2011-11-07, 01:27   Link #2173
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Minds, Magic and Misfortune now has it's own TVTropes page!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...sAndMisfortune
Old 2011-11-07, 19:41   Link #2174
Flere821
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Minds, Magic and Misfortune now has it's own TVTropes page!

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...sAndMisfortune

What.

People actually went and made a trope page for a mediocre fic like my one? I was under the impression only the most impressive fics (eg, 'Shinji & Warhammer 40k' or 'Unfamiliar') or the most reputably horrible ones (eg, 'My Immortal') gets the honour of a trope page to mark its presence onto the net.

I'll go look it in detail later, I'm not sure I want to see how bad this will get...

EDIT: Wait... *checks trope page history* MrTerrorist, YOU'RE the one that set this page up? >.>

I'm not quite sure what to feel about this tbh...
Old 2011-11-07, 20:12   Link #2175
Breidaluk

Don't make a fuss over it. Anyway, when we will see the next chapter?
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-07, 21:21   Link #2176
jrdragon2006

on has profile and i quote{ Minds, Memories and Misfortune: On hiatus until current Railgun manga story arc ends. I'd like to see more of Misaki's powers, plus her scenes in Daihaseisai, before writing more. This is so I can incorporate those scenes into the story if I want and to prevent conflicts between canon and this fic if avoidable. Any changes diverging from canon will only be made under full knowledge of me knowing what does happen and still chooses to make a difference for plot purposes, and not because of a mistake.}so we wont see an update any time soon
jrdragon2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-10, 17:58   Link #2177
Breidaluk

About misaki`s power I think the issue with the remote control is that she can't use her powers without making contact so the remote control provide a link with the others for a short period of time. She can probably use only mental control to put the target under her control. She probably put them a command to obey any order the moment she uses the remote control. About read other people's mind I don't think she can use freely.
Breidaluk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-12, 22:57   Link #2178
jrdragon2006

does any one know if there are any fanfic of the delta force out there?i find one Delta Force Go by Asha'man of Fire does any know if there more?
Old 2011-11-13, 06:09   Link #2179
Eratas123

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdragon2006 View Post
does any one know if there are any fanfic of the delta force out there?i find one Delta Force Go by Asha'man of Fire does any know if there more?
Unlucky star could count. Accelerator is included, but it definitely put's a lot more focus on Aogami and Tsuchimikado than most fics.
Old 2011-11-13, 10:30   Link #2180
jrdragon2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Unlucky star could count. Accelerator is included, but it definitely put's a lot more focus on Aogami and Tsuchimikado than most fics.
thank i know that one.but i am surprise there aren't more fics of them out there.

Tags
character, crack, crossover ideas, discussion, fanfiction