AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2019-11-08, 15:23   Link #3261
trexalfa

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Uhh, you forget about Judas.
Judas (Daemonic Bullet was even his nickname) was also fairly normal OUTSIDE of being supernaturaly good with guns (even better than Shirou if I dare say).

He only ever gets superpowers after taking Beelzebub (real Dust Angel, not related to Elixir drug that is rampant across Sodom) into his body from Sophie's blood transfusion.

Seems like there's a pattern here, as Shirou does get powers himself later on due to Red Anna's Ahnenerbe. Zurvan likely starts off pretty normal/low key then gets a power boost. Tentsui?
trexalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-08, 21:53   Link #3262
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Why do Naraka's people love guns so much though......The theory that he's Masada's self-insert grows ever stronger.
Old 2019-11-08, 22:13   Link #3263
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I thought Masada's self-insert was Suigin?

Anyways, I actually haven't followed any of this new stuff so I am relying on the summaries you guys provided. One question, how much of the history of the world does the characters know? Or more directly, how long have Mitra stayed in the Throne at this point? It's been theorized before that the Observer appearing is a sign of the end of the current Throne, I'm wondering if that is purely coincidence or if Naraka engineered the situations leading to it (we know he's capable of that). If he did, then it also meant he helped killing the woman he loved.
Old 2019-11-08, 23:48   Link #3264
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post

Anyways, I actually haven't followed any of this new stuff so I am relying on the summaries you guys provided. One question, how much of the history of the world does the characters know? Or more directly, how long have Mitra stayed in the Throne at this point? It's been theorized before that the Observer appearing is a sign of the end of the current Throne, I'm wondering if that is purely coincidence or if Naraka engineered the situations leading to it (we know he's capable of that). If he did, then it also meant he helped killing the woman he loved.
The main protags know nothing about the actual history to date. Khvarenah and Suirios may know but they aren't saying. Mithra also hasn't been mentioned yet.
Old 2019-11-09, 07:14   Link #3265
Ricky365

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Why do Naraka's people love guns so much though......The theory that he's Masada's self-insert grows ever stronger.
Maybe Naraka himself was a gunner in pre-Throne era? )
Ricky365 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-09, 19:49   Link #3266
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Ch2 latter part:

Spoiler:
Cont'd

Spoiler:
Old 2019-11-10, 09:11   Link #3267
trexalfa

Quote:

Masada said that Zurvan, being the first Observer in history, may have quite of a peculiar/heavy role. He said he was planning on revealing what kind of person he was (I think he meant Naraka) in Pantheon but now, things may be different. So far he's really described him with all characteristics that are common to Observers: blond hair, love for flashy clothes, easy going, craving to live as a human being (therefore being the most sober character deep down), being a troublemaker that upsets friend and foe alike (therefore being relatively unpopular even within his own side), excellent skill with guns, erectyl disfunction, and a lover-ish companion.

Also, Mithra got referenced in Sirius' ending monologue for this chapter. When he says that "Everything about this world is wrong" and promises Varhran to create a new one, alongside references to "God's Throne" and a "foolish ruler". He's giving me so many Daten Naraku vibes it's not even funny.

Last edited by trexalfa; 2019-11-10 at 09:26.
Old 2019-11-10, 10:12   Link #3268
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I was wondering, doesn't マグサリオンに次ぐ武功の持ち主 means he's next to Magsarion in strength? How exactly does that make him a regular person?

Quote:
Cont'd

Spoiler:
So apparently the answer is, despite the amazing feats we saw in the previous chapter, Magsarion isn't that strong in terms of strength, and with Zurvan being next to him means he isn't that strong either?
Old 2019-11-10, 10:16   Link #3269
trexalfa

Quote:
Images
I was wondering, doesn't マグサリオンに次ぐ武功の持ち主 means he's next to Magsarion in strength? How exactly does that make him a regular person?

So apparently the answer is, despite the amazing feats we saw in the previous chapter, Magsarion isn't that strong in terms of strength, and with Zurvan being next to him means he isn't that strong either?
武功 is more like military exploits, as in, he's got experience and achievements comparable to his. Also, Zurvan's a regular guy in the sense Shirou is. As in, not very.

And if what we see in this chapter is any indication... what Magsarion lacks is natural talent, not strength (what is said in his character bio is 武才, aka martial genius). He is plenty strong, but he needs to be an extreme hardworker. He's definately not his brother, who was a combat genius. Magsarion in terms of natural aptitude is average down to mediocre, so he needs to make up for it with lots of training and even then, he still isn't on par with Varhram. He fights recklessly, unskillfully, using techniques that are considered self destructive by his peers.

Last edited by trexalfa; 2019-11-10 at 10:38.
Old 2019-11-10, 11:36   Link #3270
AkitoW013

As Trexalfa said, despite his shortcomings, Magsarion is plenty strong, he's working hard to the point of destroying himself but his path is one of sufferings because he'll never be a hero like his brother, yet he cannot run from that responsibility and will not forgive himself.
Zurvān told Quinn once that Magsarion, despite being an ordinary person, will always emerge victorious, never expecting any praises or will not care if the whole world sneers behind his back.
By Saoshyant Desatir, he is still undefeated.

Another point is Magsarion follows the avesta to the letter, it never says to protect others or whatsoever, he will not forgive the evils and will massacres them all, such is the only path he can take.
There is a faction in Wahman Yast who truly respects him for all this, and if you ask them, such as Ferdows, what is just? then Magsarion is the very embodiment of Justice.

As for Zurvān being second to Magsarion refers to theirs achievements/deeds.

Last edited by AkitoW013; 2019-11-10 at 12:47.
AkitoW013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-10, 12:28   Link #3271
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Images

Dunno about Zurvan but Magsarion is a suicidal brute. Strength is exactly what he has. It's skill he lacks. A skilled fighter can technically take him down by playing against his recklessness. The thing about Magsarion is that he trains and pushes himself harder than anyone else

BTW....technically speaking, rank and file Yazata are "normal humans" by the standards of this world. I mean, seeing how so many Ashavan are Yazata....Magsarion is just insane/in despair enough to push himself far past his innate limits. Another thing, apparently, he would have rotted as a Yazata (tentsui-ed?) if he were driven purely by revenge but because the bulk of it is apparently from a sense of duty in needing to replace his brother, he doesn't fall (quite meh logic since I don't see how needing to replace his brother = kill Evil at all costs but whatever...)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexalfa View Post
erectyl disfunction,
I still don't get why this is a thing....Like why, Masada. What drove you to make impotence one of Shirou's and apparently, Naraka's defining traits?

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-11-10 at 12:51.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-10, 12:42   Link #3272
trexalfa

It's only a trait of his Sensories according to the KKK VFB, and it is only adquired after they "awaken" as Observer. Apparently this awakening, unlike those of other Sensories, doesn't make them aware of their true self (Masada confirmed once and for all in Zurvan's bio that they are not aware of Naraka).

According to the KKK VFB, the thing about their sexual impotence is due to Naraka's love for Mithra. If it's not her, it won't be any other woman apparently. And in spite of that, lover-like companion such as Lilith or Erii is listed by Masada as a defining trait of Observer...
Old 2019-11-10, 12:55   Link #3273
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Yeah like....why. It's as if Naraka is NEET no 2 deep down inside....Or rather someone who is the epitome of frustration when you take into account also the whole fed up with the world thing since NEET actually enjoys his situation

BTW....it looks more like a set up for Magsarion to devour Suirios now at the end, thus setting up also his aspect as the old man God from Dai Ni Ten

Last edited by Cosmic Eagle; 2019-11-10 at 13:06.
Cosmic Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-10, 13:34   Link #3274
Golden Lily

Quote:
BTW....it looks more like a set up for Magsarion to devour Suirios
Probably another person too. Bhavan maybe?
Would explain why he has 3 Vows.
Golden Lily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-11-10, 13:41   Link #3275
AkitoW013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Lily View Post
Probably another person too. Bhavan maybe?
Would explain why he has 3 Vows.
Not necessarily, 1 person can have more than 1 Commandment, it was in a lore dump if I remember correctly.

Now that I'm thinking back, all of what was said about Magsarion were from third parties but not from him in person, maybe his reason for fighting could be something more simpler like how he described himself in Saoshyant Desatir: that he could never stand the Dragvant and that killing them was normal and what he wished has always been the complete victory of Ashavan.

Last edited by AkitoW013; 2019-11-10 at 14:04.
Old 2019-11-11, 13:11   Link #3276
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Cont'd

Spoiler:
Cont'd

Spoiler:
Old 2019-11-11, 13:19   Link #3277
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by trexalfa View Post

Also, Mithra got referenced in Sirius' ending monologue for this chapter. When he says that "Everything about this world is wrong" and promises Varhran to create a new one, alongside references to "God's Throne" and a "foolish ruler". He's giving me so many Daten Naraku vibes it's not even funny.
He isn't talking about Mithra though. It's himself he is referring to.

I think the final Muzan may include Warahrām in the mix also seeing how Suirios believes only he is worthy to lead.
Old 2019-11-15, 07:03   Link #3278
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

As I was watching Dies and Senshinkan snippets on youtube, I came across the extra scenario of Pantheon Prologue in Dies Switch. "Finally" I thought, since I never watched this extra scenario before.

I didn't connect or thought of it the first time, but as I went through it the second time, I thought flashed my mind, "what if the immortal that Shinga was talking about was Naraka?" If it is, then the only way to defeat the guy is to somehow break his Vow and nullify his immortality.
The hiccup to this is when Muzan was dismissing Kemono-dono's question about whether this immortal guy was Muzan. It isn't quite clear whether he knew or didn't know the immortal guy. If he knew the guy then the immortal guy probably isn't Naraka.
Old 2019-11-15, 10:41   Link #3279
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Why the heck does Nahid look like Nanten of all people lol
Old 2019-11-15, 14:32   Link #3280
AkitoW013

Just G's samefaces striking again.

Tags
相州戦神館學園 八命陣, acta est fabula!!!, chuunibyou, insane love, kuso, senshinkan, shinza bansho, toki yo tomare!!!