Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-07-03, 14:52   Link #281
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Actually, the US army and David are elements common to all the Blood media, including the original movie, the novels and different manga series.
Yes, i do know that.

Quote:
That combined with the poor production values
Are you being serious?
Old 2011-07-03, 16:45   Link #282
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Are you being serious?
For CG backgrounds, these were of the worst I've seen. Because the designs are pretty it seems the animation is ok, but take a closer look to it and you'll notice is full of shortcuts, at least for an IG series. Of course, since this was an advance screening, it's possible the episode was unfinished, but it's unlikely.
Old 2011-07-03, 17:40   Link #283
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I think that the enjoyment of Blood-C hinges on one very important factor here, and that is what you think of CLAMP and their stories.

No matter how good the action is or sublime the music is, the biggest selling point of this show is going to be that CLAMP is almost completely hands on here. From the story to the designs, this show is made so that they have as much room to mold the series into their liking. Hell, they got a director and character designer who they are more comfortable working with to bring their vision to life. So it goes without saying that whether you liked or hated the first episode will most likely colour the impression you carry into the rest of the 11.

Not to say that there might be something to make the naysayers change their minds about giving the series the benefit of the doubt in episode 2, but I find it unlikely. CLAMP leave a very avant garde taste with what they touch, so if you are coming into this as an already established fan, there is lots to like here. If you are coming in as someone who dislikes their stories, there isn't much that will change your mind here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Animeruko View Post
The thing is ... This is not Nana's first role she doesn't have the voice for this kind of role..
To clarify, I mean that she ends up growing into the role much like Omigawa did with Moka and recently in Hanasaku Iroha. Even if she doesn't have the necessary voice, she can learn to grow into the role eventually (hopefully?)
Quote:
For CG backgrounds, these were of the worst I've seen.
The worst you've seen? Really?

Quote:
Because the designs are pretty it seems the animation is ok, but take a closer look to it and you'll notice is full of shortcuts, at least for an IG series.
Which scene(s) are you talking about?
Old 2011-07-03, 17:43   Link #284
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
But the point is that it doesn't feel like a Clamp version of Blood but rather an original Clamp anime with the Blood name attached to it. That combined with the poor production values make for a very disappointing first episode.
Since both of the past Blood interpretations have nothing to do with each other, it is a little early to determine if this new show is "Blood-like" or not.

Clamp can be very disturbing when they feel like it. And I have no trouble envisioning some future horrifying plot twist that would change your mind on what this show is about. Clamp is good that that.
Old 2011-07-03, 18:36   Link #285
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
But the point is that it doesn't feel like a Clamp version of Blood but rather an original Clamp anime with the Blood name attached to it.
Given we know absolutely nothing about the plot right now, it's ridiculous to start saying how "un-Blood" like this is; especially since Blood+ also started out in a school setting hurr.

Furthermore, the only things a Blood series needs to be a Blood series is Saya and vampires. A difference in atmosphere or story telling has nothing to do with rather its "Blood-like enough". The original Blood movie and Blood+ were completely different in style of presentation, and now Blood-C is also completely different from the two of them.

Quote:
That combined with the poor production values
>poor production values
>Goto Takayuki as animation director

Choose one.

Quote:
For CG backgrounds, these were of the worst I've seen.
Oh wow. You either don't watch a lot of anime or you're talking out of your ass. Either way, this is no where NEAR the worst CG ever used in anime. Hell, it's not bad at all. The fact that a lot of people barely noticed any CG is a testament to how well the CG was crafted.
Old 2011-07-03, 19:25   Link #286
bigdeath

Quote:
For CG backgrounds, these were of the worst I've seen. Because the designs are pretty it seems the animation is ok, but take a closer look to it and you'll notice is full of shortcuts, at least for an IG series. Of course, since this was an advance screening, it's possible the episode was unfinished, but it's unlikely.
And why should I care if they took shortcuts if it looks good in the end?
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 19:44   Link #287
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

If there's one thing I learned from recent Clamp works, you might think the show is all light and bubbly in the beginning, but in the end you would go "What kind of messed up #%@ did I just read?" So I'm not too worried about Blood-C turning darker later on; in fact, I expect it.

All in all though, the plot was boring as hell. You get typical high school stuff in the beginning, then in the evening all of a sudden Saya is blood covered from head to toe with no explanation. I was thoroughly confused with that.

At least the fight choreography was very nice. Kinda convenent though how klutz!Saya totally disappears when she starts fighting. Maybe because vampires in this universe becomes 'klutzified' during the day? I dunno. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 20:14   Link #288
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
oh god the dancing twins.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-03, 23:29   Link #289
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
Actually, more people would watch it. Blood isn't exactly the most popular franchise in Japan you know.
Last time I checked, neither is CLAMP, if top popularity matters.
Though I admit I don't know whether CLAMP or BLOOD has more popularity (then again, CLAMP is a group while BLOOD is just a series, so it is hard to compare that)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 02:01   Link #290
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
unlike her previous incarnation from Blood, Blood+, & that live action movie that is best left forgotten, this version of Saya is so twin tails meganekko moe that i died, no, i mean i died because of her awsome katana, way the go CLAMP!!

& since this is IG with CLAMP, is there any chance that there will be a crossover with XXXHolic & Tsubasa reservoir Chronicle?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 02:15   Link #291
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
Though I admit I don't know whether CLAMP or BLOOD has more popularity (then again, CLAMP is a group while BLOOD is just a series, so it is hard to compare that)
I am curious about what you compared Clamp's popularity with... Because I am pretty sure most people have no idea who directed the previous two Blood shows.
Old 2011-07-04, 02:20   Link #292
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
Saya is such a cluts at times but that is all forgotten when she is being all badass in a fight. I loved the fight against that creepy statue-like monster. Good choreography and fluid animation. I like the design of the dark-haired guy who came late in the class. Future partner, maybe? Nice first episode, hope more characters are introduced later. Oh, and the twins.

Oh, and school president, better luck next time.
Old 2011-07-04, 02:22   Link #293
Gohan78
Awakened One

Boring first episode.

The scene when Saya was singing on her way to school was especially cringe-worthy. It was like the creators didn't know how to fill a couple of minutes, so the said "let's just have Nana Mizuki sing acappella, her fans will love it!"
The fight scene was good but the opponent was as uninteresting as it gets, it didn't even utter a sound.

Will give the series another episode or two to redeem itself but so far I am unimpressed.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 02:55   Link #294
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAGUN H.E.X. View Post
& since this is IG with CLAMP, is there any chance that there will be a crossover with XXXHolic & Tsubasa reservoir Chronicle?
Depends. We might just see an eyepatch.
Old 2011-07-04, 07:58   Link #295
Byakou

I'm just going to say that if I wasn't familiar with the other clamp works I wouldn't bother watching the 2nd ep. It was snoring boring. But since other series clamp have done were pro I'm going to give this one a chance. But yeah, terrible pilot.
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 09:22   Link #296
blue_sora

At last the anime started, I knew about this a little late and just happen to see it in the anime list. I don't want to miss out another CLAMP anime like Code Geass, where I watched it only when it's over.

I totally love the OP, always loves rockish song. My honest response will be that there's nothing happens in episode 1 except the last fight. Simply put, I feel like I'm viewing a normal daily life of Saya, so there are no explanations at all on all her actions, especially about her father's work and the statue. I think this is a deliberate attempt of CLAMP where they set up the characters and settings but offers no background like all action animes where usually the powers are explained.

But I like it. It shows fight without a word uttered, and as a CLAMP fan I will enjoy this peaceful setting before all tumbles down and becomes crazy.
blue_sora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 15:33   Link #297
Xagzan

There's only been one episode aired so far right? Or am I behind?

Still, I'm going to wait to reserve judgment until the next episode, or whichever introduces the main plot. Honestly I just learned about this series for the first time today, and the first episode was decentish. But again, not much happened. It didn't have that magic pull-in just yet that Blood+ had its first episode because of Haji and his soul-awakening cello. Are the chiropterans the enemy in every Blood TLV incarnation, or was that Aged One some other type of monster?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 19:17   Link #298
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post

Clamp is still plenty popular that people with watch this show just because its a clamp project.

*blue_sora

Clamp just did the character designs for Code Geass. It was definitely a SunRise show.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-04, 22:25   Link #299
hanashi

I liked the pace of the first episode. I've watched enough versions of Blood that I wanted the time to get to know the new characters/circumstances surrounding this Saya before the carnage starts. And CLAMP is driving so I fully expect the blood and trauma to come.

(If nothing else, Fujiwara Keiji doesn't have the best track record as an anime father so we know that's coming.)
Old 2011-07-04, 22:45   Link #300
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Blood-C first impressions.

Amatsukaze

The summer season began this past Friday, bringing along several interesting titles and among them is Blood-C. A joint project-collaboration between Production I.G. and CLAMP.

So, this is like the third production CLAMP were subcontracted to work with the character designs and the animation.

For beginners, I'm not going to compare this new show incarnation with the previous Blood incarnations, since doing so would be like comparing all the Gundam shows in the franchise against each other, or as well as all the Final Fantasy game titles against each other.

Let's be honest, the first episode was what would mainstream viewers would qualify as a meh... episode. I was not bothered at all with long, silent sequences or the other details. It's just that there wasn't enough of Saya kick-ass action.
But, maybe this series is going to take itself seriously with the story development as the show progresses.

At the same time, I got strong vibes from this episode that it communicated all is not what it seems to be.
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, blood, clamp, miko, production i.g.