AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-04-02, 21:51   Link #181
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
In a twisted sort of way, some may argue that she is already like that .
Yes, but 1+

With the rods sticking out like dauf. (night of the living dead + new shiny teeth)

So is the translation "could it be you got intentionally infected" accurate? While that does explain why he has three rods in him, the fact that he was able to transform again is a little crazy and then assuming he stabbed himself three times. I am sort of glad Yagi left it at that.

Overall I am not that bothered by it. What bothers me more is how slow it is taking to get to the destroyer. Well this is relatively fast compared to the Witches Maw arc.

Last edited by Nixl; 2010-04-02 at 22:13.
Old 2010-04-02, 22:08   Link #182
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Riful might actually come back to life, she got the worst death out of all the characters in Claymore. Coming back to get a proper death would make up for her first unceremonious death.
Old 2010-04-02, 22:16   Link #183
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Awakened View Post
Riful might actually come back to life, she got the worst death out of all the characters in Claymore. Coming back to get a proper death would make up for her first unceremonious death.
It would also completely and utterly cheapen Death itself.

Claymore is supposed to be known for characters quickly dying without warning and not coming back. Believe it or not, it's one reason why it's memorable - because the characters reach out to you, and bam, they're dead. It leaves an impression.

Characters dying and coming back to life, mutated or not, cheapens that, whether or not a character had a great death.
Old 2010-04-02, 22:20   Link #184
Rowan

YOU SHOULD BE RUNNING.

"Worst death in Claymore"? Have you been reading this series?
Old 2010-04-02, 22:25   Link #185
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:

Claymore is supposed to be known for characters quickly dying without warning and not coming back. Believe it or not, it's one reason why it's memorable - because the characters reach out to you, and bam, they're dead. It leaves an impression.

Characters dying and coming back to life, mutated or not, cheapens that, whether or not a character had a great death.

If she gets hit by a rod, technically she is still dead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowan View Post
YOU SHOULD BE RUNNING.

"Worst death in Claymore"? Have you been reading this series?
lol
If she had died fighting Alicia that would have been acceptable, but she died just standing there trying to survive, she was no threat to Priscilla.
Old 2010-04-02, 22:26   Link #186
Nixl

Quote:

I would almost argue the opposite, while they are coming back to life, Dauf has gone mad. Furthermore, as the dialogue suggest he has forgotten himself (using the fist with Riful to punch). It is sort of mocking everything Dauf stood for.

You know how it was said that claymores want to die before they lose their humanity. Now Dauf is in that same position, but one step worse. He has thrown away everything (body, mind, and soul) to get the chance to attack Priscilla again. In a sense, that is the worse death in claymore. Isley's died in regret, but he fought till the bitter end and remembered what made him happy(chillin with Raki/Priscilla). He remained himself. Dauf won't have that.

Almost a nice parallel to Claire.

In that sense, I think Dauf's fate is fitting in the grand scheme of gritty, horrible deaths in claymore.
Old 2010-04-02, 22:27   Link #187
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
As a matter of fact, I think he's gotten bigger
That is kind of interesting. Priscilla was mostly human sized when she first awakened. Perhaps an awakened size is proportional to the amount of food they have consumed. But that doesn't quite fit with every circumstance. Perhaps it's based on age...But that doesn't work either...

Quote:
Haven't seen you around for a long time by the way
yea, I've been lurking more than I should...but this chapter was enough to bring me back from the woodwork. Riful is my favorite AB and well...this chapter was traumatizing...

Quote:
If you ask me, Isley had the worst death in the manga. I still think the zacs were a complete ass pull.

At least Riful had a reasonable death. Her plans backfired and ultimately awakened two sleeping giants...at the same time... one of which decided to impale her while the other decided to eat her.

Last edited by Vinak; 2010-04-02 at 22:50.
Old 2010-04-02, 22:39   Link #188
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
If she gets hit by a rod, technically she is still dead.
Roflmao, oh brother

Well, I guess I can't argue with that one

Quote:
I would almost argue the opposite, while they are coming back to life, Dauf has gone mad. Furthermore, as the dialogue suggest he has forgotten himself (using the fist with Riful to punch). It is sort of mocking everything Dauf stood for.

You know how it was said that claymores want to die before they lose their humanity. Now Dauf is in that same position, but one step worse. He has thrown away everything (body, mind, and soul) to get the chance to attack Priscilla again. In a sense, that is the worse death in claymore. Isley's died in regret, but he fought till the bitter end and remembered what made him happy(chillin with Raki/Priscilla). He remained himself. Dauf won't have that.

Almost a nice parallel to Claire.

In that sense, I think Dauf's fate is fitting in the grand scheme of gritty, horrible deaths in claymore.
Hmmm....how interesting....

Nice synopsis of your views .

Quote:
That is kind of interesting. Priscilla was mostly human sized when she first awakened. Perhaps an awakened size is proportional to the amount of food they have consumed. But that doesn't quite fit with every circumstance. Perhaps it's based on age...But that doesn't work either...
She is still the same - I think the increased size Dauf may or may not have is simply due to the Rod pumping him up even further.

Of course, maybe his size hasn't changed at all. I think it's even to think that considering how freaky-looking he looks now, especially his head.
Old 2010-04-02, 22:53   Link #189
Vinak
Procrastinator

Duff looks awesome now.

I was mostly referring to Priscilla's size. She has gotten bigger than Duff... I don't think its perspective making her appear so large. So I don't see how you can say she has stayed the same size.
Old 2010-04-02, 22:53   Link #190
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak View Post

yea, I've been lurking more than I should...but this chapter was enough to bring me back from the woodwork. Riful is my favorite AB and well...this chapter was traumatizing...

If you ask me, Isley had the worst death in the manga. I still think the zacs were a complete ass pull.

At least Riful had a reasonable death. Her plans backfired and ultimately awakened two sleeping giants...at the same time... one of which decided to impale her while the other decided to eat her.
Riful's death was almost like Teresa's death. It made you say, what? Isley death on the other hand you could see it coming from a mile away.
Old 2010-04-02, 22:59   Link #191
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

I just want to say there was a plot hole in this chapter. How did Dauf get there so fast, considering the speed Priscilla was moving.

Priscilla looked scary chasing after her pray.
Old 2010-04-02, 22:59   Link #192
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinak
Duff looks awesome now. I was mostly referring to Priscilla's size. She has gotten bigger than Duff... I don't think its perspective making her appear so large. So I don't see how you can say she has stayed the same size.
Wait what? That's where I disagree.

Priscilla has always been the same height she has always been, which is very tall: she's at least 7 feet tall. The best comparison we get is in Extra Chapter 3 against Isley, who is several stories tall, and much taller then Dauf.

It's a perspective thing; compared to most humans, Priscilla is a giant. Compared to ALL humans, Dauf is a giant. Compared to all Awakened Beings, Isley is a giant. We get this intense close-up of Priscilla, but as soon as she starts walking towards Dauf, you can be she is going to start shrinking .

You also have to remember one key element: Dauf is always crouched down like a gorilla.

--

I wouldn't say Isley's death was predictable. I still remember many people complaining he was short-lived because they thought he would join the Ghosts, etc etc, and all this other stuff would happen.
Old 2010-04-02, 23:01   Link #193
Vinak
Procrastinator

Quote:
Riful's death was almost like Teresa's death. It made you say, what? Isley death on the other hand you could see it coming from a mile away.
I found it to be the other way around.

Isley shows up 2 chapters later he is biting the dust.

We've had ample opportunity in this case to speculate on Riful's death.

Quote:
Wait what? That's where I disagree.

Priscilla has always been the same height she has always been, which is very tall: she's at least 7 feet tall. The best comparison we get is in Extra Chapter 3 against Isley, who is several stories tall, and much taller then Dauf.

It's a perspective thing; compared to most humans, Priscilla is a giant. Compared to ALL humans, Dauf is a giant. Compared to all Awakened Beings, Isley is a giant. We get this intense close-up of Priscilla, but as soon as she starts walking towards Dauf, you can be she is going to start shrinking .

You also have to remember one key element: Dauf is always crouched down like a gorilla.

--

I wouldn't say Isley's death was predictable. I still remember many people complaining he was short-lived because they thought he would join the Ghosts, etc etc, and all this other stuff would happen.
...making me reread another traumatic chapter..../grumbles.

Spoiler for priscilla:

Spoiler for should make cyclone happy:

Spoiler for Latest chapter:

Last edited by Vinak; 2010-04-02 at 23:27.
Old 2010-04-02, 23:36   Link #194
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

*shrug, like I said, it's a perspective thing.

I remember Gangsta and me getting into the exact same arguement in the chapter with Raki and Priscilla in the town, and we were trying to figure out how tall Priscilla truly was.

Think about it like this: how would it make sense that either Dauf shrunk and/or Priscilla got taller? Would the Rods really have this adverse effect on him?

As for Priscilla, she is always hungry...their is a limit of course, but she will most likely never ever reach it. She ate town after town after town before she fought Isley, and her height then, was the height it was when she fought the Slayers.

So, you may say; was eating Alicia, Beth and Riful that gave her this possible height increase? How does that make sense? Because they were Abyssal-level? That filled up her stomach, but I doubt it gave her back her strength because I don't believe that line of thinking anymore: i don't believe that, when she became hungry and lost her height, she lost her youki; they are two seperate categories.

A sound arguement would be, that Priscilla is taller because she is now in the physical prime at last, in her human form: up till now, she's been a child when she first awakened, and because of her regression, mental at first, and then physical, she's been getting younger and younger in both body and mind...but at long last, we now see her in the physical prime because she has gotten back her physical growth, so the Awakened form reflects her human form....

....but that doesn't make much sense either, because she was in her physical prime BEFOREHAND. When Raki sees her naked in the snow when Isley tells him to go look for her, she is the same then, as she was now. Perhaps her face looks more mature then it did then, but that could also simply be because her Awakened persona has resurfaced; the persona which has been in relative stasis since she first awakened. Bringing back Alicia, Beth, Riful, Dauf and the villagers....even before she ate the big Awakened, when we first saw her fighting again, she looked the same grown-up self, even before she started munching the big players....

.......Really, we're gonna end up going in circles with this. Honestly, the best idea is to just wait until the next chapter to see for ourselves. I don't really see any arguments on this one that can't really be countered somehow. I really believe all this is, is an intense close-up. I can't believe Priscilla has actually grown taller then him or Dauf has shrunken.
Old 2010-04-03, 00:14   Link #195
Gangsta Spanksta
Fanfic Writer

Send a message via AIM to Gangsta Spanksta Send a message via Yahoo to Gangsta Spanksta
Speculation:

In this chapter we find that Dietrich has been demoted to below single digit status for failing a mission. This begs the question: which mission did she fail? If she had anything to do with the ZACS and Isley, then it most certainly couldn't be a mission to off the once great abyssal. It probably wasn't the awakened being hunt she was on, since the Awakened was killed. Was she in the area for any other sort of mission? No, I think the mission she failed is killing Galatea, since after all she is "Tracker Dietrich" and she just met up with Galatea at Rabona and left without killing her. This means that Dietrich just gave a full report to the org about Miria and Co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zato_1one View Post
As I've noticed, Dietrich found that piece of cloth which was surrounded by AEs. So it was strange from the start that how Dietrich could go and pick it from them. I think that we will see how she can prevent them to attack her. Because from what I see, it looks like she intend to join the battle which is something that shouldn't be done. Considering that she just said to Yuma to not move.
I think you are assuming a little too much. If the cloth is Isley's instead of Riful's, the strays Dietrich ran up are programmed for Isley instead of Riful, and that Dietrich picked up the cloth perhaps as proof of kill then everything makes perfect sense. The ZACS that Dietrich then ran upon were in a state of confusion because Isley has been eaten, they don't go after Riful because she is not their target, and Dietrich notices that the hint of a scent on the cloth causes the ZACS to move.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charuru View Post
What's your problem Dauf. The fight was just getting interesting.

And is it just me or is Riful still alive? Isn't the weak spot of AOs their heads? It looks like it's in one piece to me.
The confirmed existence of one weak spot does not mean that others are not possible. Perhaps you can kill a yoma by 1) chopping of its head or 2) cutting out or destroying its heart..

Quote:
The reason I have this opinion is, because I don't want the idea coming that she had to transform in order to penetrate his armor, or that she was in any sort of danger. The script, her reactions...I don't get the idea that she had no choice and had to change in order to kill it. It looks to me that she changed out of irrititation and annoyance rather then a need.
Oh come on shiek, no fanboyism please. Prissy had to transform in order to Damage Dauf, quiet plain and simple. People keep trying to compare the situation with Dauf and the one with Alicia and yet they forget that damaging Dauf is harder than damaging Priscilla even. Proof in point: Clare couldn't penetrate Dauf with the Wind Cutter, yet she is able to easily damage Prissy's human form which is superior to Alicia and Beth in strength. Just because Dauf has better armor than Prissy doesn't mean he's more powerful; it just means that he is harder to damage. If Prissy had Galatea's insight then she could attack the weak spots, but alas Prissy isn't known for her insight.

Quote:
Leave the dead, dead; it's time to move on.
Old 2010-04-03, 00:20   Link #196
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Its all perspective, the view is a close up to Priscilla. You can still see that Dauf is way bigger. As thing get further away from you they get smaller.
Old 2010-04-03, 00:31   Link #197
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangsta Spanksta
Oh come on shiek, no fanboyism please. Prissy had to transform in order to Damage Dauf, quiet plain and simple. People keep trying to compare the situation with Dauf and the one with Alicia and yet they forget that damaging Dauf is harder than damaging Priscilla even. Proof in point: Clare couldn't penetrate Dauf with the Wind Cutter, yet she is able to easily damage Prissy's human form which is superior to Alicia and Beth in strength. Just because Dauf has better armor than Prissy doesn't mean he's more powerful; it just means that he is harder to damage. If Prissy had Galatea's insight then she could attack the weak spots, but alas Prissy isn't known for her insight.
Don't believe that sorry.

Durability in human form isn't worth bringing up, because everyone is just as supple, everyone. Dauf is just as vulnerable as Priscilla is in her human form; so is Riful, Alicia, Isley, everyone. The difference(because we are already off-topic), is what actually constitutes as damage for them.

Like I said, I don't think it's accurate to think, like we did initially before we had a script, that Priscilla had to transform because she was in danger, yadda yadda yadda. She transformed out of annoyance, because she easily cut through his fingers to feel Riful - It makes more sense to me that, that is why she was surprised(that he is holding onto Riful, and that is the reason he is attacking her) on page 24 when she attacks him, realizing he is actually holding onto Riful, and why she goes into her monologue about the two of them; putting two and two together into why he would intentionally get infected; it fits with her shrewdness and analysis of various characters and "Whys" we have seen in the last few chapters(so yes, she actually does have rather good insight - analyzing Beth and Alicia's attacks and teamwork. It's possible this may have been created from watching a great warrior and tactician like Isley for so many years). She then goes "enough is enough", and chops his arm off, transforming in anger at all the constant interruptions to what should have been a one-on-one confrontation with the girl she's been looking for(Claire) from the very beginning. It makes more sense and seems more interesting to me this way.

You can even argue that, until that moment on Page 24, that Priscilla didn't even see Riful - with the way Dauf trapped her with his right hand, her head inbetween his montrous fingers, she may not have even been able to see her or recognize her by sight. It looks like she was able to still move her head and neck, but considering the angle, height difference, the position of his hand, Riful's half-dismembered body, constantly getting pummelled by Dauf's left hand, the hand holding Riful, again and again...it wouldn't surprise me if she couldn't get a good look at her, until 24, when she slashed through his fingers and realized he was holding the girl she cut up herself.

I also want to point out that when we see her destroying his arm, the malleable arm-blades are white, the same color as her arms. If she transformed beforehand, they would be purple or the same color as her Awakened skin. As proof, we have Extra Chapter 3, where Priscilla destroyed Isley's arm, and the arms then were the same color as the rest of her body. You can argue shading, but giving page 26/27/28 closer inspection, their is no denying that the arm blades that attacked Isley, while she was in her Awakened form, were darker, especially in some areas, then the arm blades that attacked Dauf which were pure white. The skin colors used are relative to the human and awakened forms.

So unless you're saying that Priscilla's Awakened form has the same appearance and color as her human form, she hadn't changed before she destroyed Dauf's arm, it was after.

Last edited by Shiek927; 2010-04-03 at 10:05.
Old 2010-04-03, 00:44   Link #198
Awakened
Clare's #1 fan

Yagi really put allot of details in his drawings.

Question?
How does Dietrich know what will happen to the Afs when they get hit with the rods???
I call mole, best explanation.

Last edited by Awakened; 2010-04-03 at 01:04.
Old 2010-04-03, 01:08   Link #199
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

Oh.. the joy!

At long last.

Guys, browsing the first few pages was a pain! Why would you put everything in spoiler tags!!?
Old 2010-04-03, 01:39   Link #200
evil_kenshin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anima View Post

Guys, browsing the first few pages was a pain! Why would you put everything in spoiler tags!!?
Mods were late in making a chapter 102 thread, so the ones with spoilers were all posts from the 101 thread moved to this thread (couple of posts dealt with this earlier)
Closed Thread