AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 115 Rating
Perfect 10 29 32.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 15 17.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 7 7.95%
7 out of 10 : Good 22 25.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.41%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.27%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 2.27%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.14%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 2.27%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 5.68%
Voters: 88. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-06-03, 14:13   Link #321
irvinethearcher
Angriest Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poodle View Post
lol you talk like those were great movies :P

Robocop was more comical than great imo, and while Starship troopers was at least entertaining its hardly a movie i'd put on a pedestal. lol @ Rutger Hauer fan too. I guess you like B movies, and i do sort of, but i don't put them on pedestals for anime's to be like.
Miura himself said that the mercenary martin was his inspiration for guts.
Robocop is a cult movie and flesh & blood or the rose and the sword is damn good too. You should give it a try, you will laugh your ass off, especially the scene with the barrel filled with gun power is fun as hell. And don't say anything against starship troupers or i neg rep you Part three is well done too. Making fun of religion - i like that.

http://blog.gamekult.com/blog/nossvi...t+en+2002.html

I forgot that rutger hauer played also a cool character in salute to the jugger. This guy even lost one eye in the game - one eye from blind. To fucking awesome salute to the jugger was one of my favourite movies and miura likes it too

Last edited by irvinethearcher; 2011-06-04 at 08:51.
Old 2011-06-03, 16:45   Link #322
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe_fh View Post
I still don't get what seems so unhuman about Raki this chapter.
Absolutely everything that happened made sense (or at least as far as the Claymore world goes). If anyone would care enough to make a few short points (sadly I don't have enough time to read everything now)
I wouldn't exactly call jumping 10-20 foot into the air and pushing yourself off the ceiling humanly possible.
Old 2011-06-03, 17:34   Link #323
Korinov
The Burned Man walks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
I wouldn't exactly call jumping 10-20 foot into the air and pushing yourself off the ceiling humanly possible.
Jumping over rooftops while wearing full plate armor or reaching Agatha's human body out of the blue also doesn't qualify.

But people only moan about it when it's Raki the one who does it.
Old 2011-06-03, 17:56   Link #324
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korinov View Post
Jumping over rooftops while wearing full plate armor or reaching Agatha's human body out of the blue also doesn't qualify.

But people only moan about it when it's Raki the one who does it.
The one's who jumped on Agatha striped off there armor and only carried long knifes.

Did you know that the record for the Long jump is 30 feet while the record for high jumping is 7 foot, men jumping 10-15 foot horizontally is more believable than a man jumping 10-15 foot vertically.

Last edited by Newhope; 2011-06-03 at 18:09.
Old 2011-06-03, 18:09   Link #325
MalakTawus

Quote:
The one's who jumped on Agatha striped off there armor and only carried long knifes.

Did you know that the record for the Long jump is 30 feet while the record for high jumping is 7 foot, men jump 10-15 foot horizontally is more believable than a man jumping 10-15 foot vertically.
When Gark was chasing Claire in vol.2 he could jump on the roofs as if it was nothing in an instant and he was in full plate armor,just saying.......
Old 2011-06-03, 18:18   Link #326
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by MalakTawus View Post
When Gark was chasing Claire in vol.2 he could jump on the roofs as if it was nothing in an instant and he was in full plate armor,just saying.......
You don't see Gark jumping we don't even know how he got up there, both times they fight Claire they ambush and don't chase her.

EDIT:Another thing I forgot to mention full plate armor isn't as heavy as people think although it does limit mobility.

Last edited by Newhope; 2011-06-03 at 18:45.
Old 2011-06-03, 18:48   Link #327
MalakTawus

Ok......they see Claire jumping at great speed out of the window and they are on the ground, but for some strange reason they are able to ambush her (and Gark is wearing FULL PLATE ARMOR!!!!).
It should have been impossible for Gark to ambush her under those conditions (and no,there is not even a little possibility),but since it's a manga and not the real world it happened,not a big deal imo.
Old 2011-06-03, 19:01   Link #328
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
Ok......they see Claire jumping at great speed out of the window and they are on the ground, but for some strange reason they are able to ambush her (and Gark is wearing FULL PLATE ARMOR!!!!).
It should have been impossible for Gark to ambush her under those conditions (and no,there is not even a little possibility),but since it's a manga and not the real world it happened,not a big deal imo.
You never, ever see those 2 robona guys jumping or give evidence !

Of course they don’t jump, they jump from a higher place ( to that awakened ) or go to stares ( to buildings)
Old 2011-06-03, 19:06   Link #329
MalakTawus

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafael1932 View Post
You never, ever see those 2 robona guys jumping or give evidence !

Of course they don’t jump, they jump from a higher place ( to that awakened ) or go to stares ( to buildings)
I admit that they don't jump but that doesn't change the fact that it's ABSOLUTELY impossible for Gark to ambush Claire (the 2nd time) so if we want to be precise (and imo it's quite pointless) he must have done something well beyond the human capabilities to be able to do it (running super fast and jumping on the roof is the only possible explanation in the end to be able to do that).
Old 2011-06-03, 19:28   Link #330
rafael1932
claymores pimp

Quote:
I admit that they don't jump but that doesn't change the fact that it's ABSOLUTELY impossible for Gark to ambush Claire (the 2nd time) so if we want to be precise (and imo it's quite pointless) he must have done something well beyond the human capabilities to be able to do it (running super fast and jumping on the roof is the only possible explanation in the end to be able to do that).
I thought that the smaller 1 said that they have run from the ground( street) and them do whatever they did to reach the skies ( lol). but I am not saying that I agree with them, I have notice that when I was seeing the anime the first time. I thought – hey they were fast, maybe too fast…

But we can give excuse to them, a little. They know well the citie and they are quite adept to spend time in the rooftop, but I do agree with you. the point in here is that yagi was way too far. I would say that raki is able to kill that awakened ( remember from riful lair, the first time she appear; when she was with jean). I think that raki, the way he look, would be able to kill that awakened.
Old 2011-06-03, 21:00   Link #331
GundamZZ
残念美人

Why asking for empirical evidence while reading manga?

The leaping is called martial arts. You see all ninja performing the stunt in anime/manga all the time.

I think some people are disappointed for three reasons.

First, the main theme of the show are heroines like Clare. Now, the attention is shifted to used-to-be-wimp. Some people cannot take it. I see it as the good surprise. It's like the pleasant cliff hangers in the several past chapters.

Second, they just want to talk trash. Several years ago, I lost interest to to most weekly Jump manga. They were so generic. So, I stopped reading them. Some people also lost interest, but they still read the manga they dislike. Their comments include "N*r*t* is so Ta*kak*zu Abe", "Bl**ch" is so B*lly H*rr*ngt*n". It's been many years, they never get tired of making parody. Compared to the Claymore case it is nothing.

Third, they expect Claymores and humans have the definite power gap. The strong can never be defeated by the weak. This unofficial manga law is not applicable to Blade of Immortal. For example, a martial art master becomes proud. He becomes inattentive and loses to a novice warrior. For another instance, each warrior has unique fighting style. It is defined by the school and personal wit. There's no best fighting style. A fighting style may be strong most of time, but it has weakness in front certain fighting style. Even Raki's sword wielding is not as good as loli twins, he has better understanding to their weakness. Based on the circumstance, he looks the chance to take the action. He applies the law of momentum by knocking one twin with his weight.
天啓のシスティーナ Sistina of Apocalypse
愛憎のロクサーヌ Roxanne of distinguished love and hate
万有のルテーシア Lutécia of everything
塵喰いのカサンドラ Cassandra of eating dust

Last edited by GundamZZ; 2011-06-03 at 21:31.
Old 2011-06-03, 21:22   Link #332
Anima
Oh! You mean we don't?

I just read the chapter.

Good stuff BUT Yagi is giving us the revival of dead Claymores!!! Teresa of the Faint Smile!! Please keep resting in peace. Now, the next chapter will show us what those 3 revived girls will do in terms of personality. I sure hope they don't act as brainless zombies or controlled freaks like the cheap garbage going on in Naruto right now.

I just hope Yagi doesn't bring Teresa back just to have her face Clare. I don't even like the idea of another Teresa vs. Priscilla. It will ruin everything.
Old 2011-06-03, 22:58   Link #333
Nixl

Late to the party..again.

Well, I am happy. I have wanted a human vs human fight for so damn long it is satisfying.
Old 2011-06-04, 00:04   Link #334
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
lol
Newhope is obviously right. You're assuming strange things. It's obvious they were either patrolling the city by walking through the rooftops (and had good field of vision on a whole city) or as rafael said they were on a high ground, saw Clare and went after her. The second time it was easier, they were expecting Clare at the same location and were patrolling the area they saw her earlier. Assuming they jumped 10-15 feet compared to this is just stupid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Late to the party..again.

Well, I am happy. I have wanted a human vs human fight for so damn long it is satisfying.
The thing is it didn't look like human vs. human fight. It looked like Claymore vs. Claymore and Claymore vs, 20 ninja.
Old 2011-06-04, 00:31   Link #335
Nixl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
l

The thing is it didn't look like human vs. human fight. It looked like Claymore vs. Claymore and Claymore vs, 20 ninja.
Compared to Lone Wolf and Cub or Shigeru fights I thought it was mild. I just wanted to see humans fight. Even if those humans are performing feats well above reality.

What made Raki's fight so satisfying is that he was crushing bones and permanently crippling Mibs( well at least one). I guess I feel that fights between humans feels more fatal and desperate than battles between super-humans who can heal the majority of all damage and usually do the "I am behind you, oh-wait you are behind me trick." I am not saying this chapter was perfect, but I did enjoy that Yagi did a non-supernatural fight (not saying that it was realistic).

Maybe its a sense of brutality I do not always get from the Claymore vs Claymore fights and I got that satisfaction when he smashed that Mib's shoulder to the point the guy fell down and started crying. Also Raki gave an evil eye, which was funny.
Old 2011-06-04, 00:58   Link #336
Gooral
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
What made Raki's fight so satisfying is that he was crushing bones and permanently crippling Mibs( well at least one). (...)
We don't know it was permanent. If he was human than I doubt it, he shouldn't have that much power to do that and bones should knit. And you reminded me of another stupid thing and another proof Raki is a retard. "If I hit you in a bad spot it may be worse than getting cut". Not really. If he used the same amount of force while having a sharp blade he would cut this man's arm off along with bones, muscles and everything else and guy would bleed out to death or the wound would get nasty and he would die because of complications. There was no such danger when the bone was crushed.
Old 2011-06-04, 01:50   Link #337
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Quote:
And you reminded me of another stupid thing and another proof Raki is a retard. "If I hit you in a bad spot it may be worse than getting cut". Not really. If he used the same amount of force while having a sharp blade he would cut this man's arm off along with bones, muscles and everything else and guy would bleed out to death or the wound would get nasty and he would die because of complications. There was no such danger when the bone was crushed.
Having a bone crushed is excruciatingly painful and quite debilitating. Granted, usually non-lethal, but still - from a fighting perspective more than enough to neutralize an opponent, which is all Raki was aiming for here. Clare could attest to that....
Old 2011-06-04, 02:44   Link #338
Weird D
Just existing...

Quote:
We don't know it was permanent. If he was human than I doubt it, he shouldn't have that much power to do that and bones should knit. And you reminded me of another stupid thing and another proof Raki is a retard. "If I hit you in a bad spot it may be worse than getting cut". Not really. If he used the same amount of force while having a sharp blade he would cut this man's arm off along with bones, muscles and everything else and guy would bleed out to death or the wound would get nasty and he would die because of complications. There was no such danger when the bone was crushed.
It's true that bones will knit, but there's no garantee that they will knit right, especially in a medieval setting without the modern medecine, surgery and reeducation we know. I'm no doctor, but being hit with such a heavy, blunt object will more likely result in complicated breaks than clean ones.

In fact, it's pretty unlucky for the MiBs that Raki is using a blunt sword, it means he can hit harder without fear of killing - while he'd have to hold back with a real one.

"If I hit you in a bad spot..."
Cue to MiB being hit in the crotch "*High-pitched voice* Point... taken..."
Old 2011-06-04, 03:31   Link #339
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:
Wrong. You're comparing the severity of the injuries based on how treatable they are by modern medical science. It is true that a cut off limb provides with greater immediate danger and the person could die within a couple of minutes of it happening but a crushed bone (and I mean crushed not simply broken) while not providing with as much of immediate danger cannot be treated in medieval setting. And, if left untreated, a crushed bone will lead to the nasty complications (infections, internal injuries etc). Do you know why it was practiced for so long (even late in 20th century) that when a horse breaks his leg, the owner puts him out of the misery. Because when a horse breaks his leg in most circumstances the bone is crushed and couldn't be treated (and horses cannot survive with only 3 legs).

In short in medieval setting a person getting a limb cut off would most likely result in a relatively quick death while a crushed bone would result in him dying in agony for days. So yeah, Raki was right. It is worse.

Quote:
Why makes you believe that was the ceiling and not the wall or even floor. You're jumping to conclusions.

Last edited by Dj0rel; 2011-06-04 at 03:50.
Old 2011-06-04, 04:18   Link #340
Joe_fh

Quote:
Originally Posted by irvinethearcher View Post
Because they probably not only share their experience howto kill isley but they also share their desire for his flesh and therefore are useless. the org probably hasn't found a way yet to recycle them for another target, i think.
Well they can somehow "program" them to attack a different target and either way they attack anything that moves so that shouldn't be a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiek927 View Post
Their's nothing saying this is that exact same group though.

It's kind of difficult because we don't know how exactly does that work - does every single group of AE's do we see have the same Eaters, or only the surviving, or entirely new? I always believed that at least one surviving Eater had to survive for the knowledge to continously pass on -- in some sense, it's the same group fighting the same person(s) over and over again.

In a way, it doesn't matter though because even if these Eaters did have knowledge fighting Isley, so what? They aren't fighting Isley, but the a group of Claymores which is more in number and completely different and varied in power and techniques; even having experience fighting an Abyssal won't help them. When the Eaters fought Riful, it was their very first time -- and despite them having experience fighting another Abyssal, they all still got shredded.
I see your point. But I always thought that all the AF/AEs are one big group and they all share experience if one of them survives. There isn't much of a point to share it with only a few of them unless there's a limit.

As for the ones that attacked Riful - I'm not sure the MiBs had time to take the ones that killed Isley and share their experience with everyone else. So they weren't quite on the same level I would imagine. Also Riful's body seemed more suitable for fighting multiple targets compared to Isley's. We also didn't get to see much of that because Alicia started fighting with her.

Also as we saw when Helen and Deneve engaged the AF/AEs Helen was caught off guard - so experience does help them fight any target.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmosiek View Post
I think Dee said that those AF's are "fresh" ones. So they don't have any combat experience.
My theory is that there are no AF's with experience because they are created for particular target, and they (from some reasons) cannot share experience with those that are being prepared for different target.
Maybe that's true but that would be a weird limitation. Also, as I mentioned they follow their target but generally attack everything that's "moving" probably at some rather high speed and has a yoki signature.

Quote:
First of all I don't think that was the ceiling. There's really no point in doing that nor is it efficient even if you could do it.
Second - he didn't really jump that high. It's all a matter of perspective - depending on the angle you can make something seem completely different.
And if he used the wall - he gets a higher point from where to "launch" himself giving him a few extra feet.
In parkour people do amazing things using their surroundings - add that to the fact that this is a manga and even humans in it do things beyond what's normally possible and it's not something weird at all.
Closed Thread