AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-08-03, 17:00   Link #841
chaos_animagic

I been wondering...

Who started this "Kill God Spree"?

From what I've seen, most "Gods" are just trying to reclaim something they lost previously... (yet... the "good guys" always call them the "evil ones" and must be destroyed...).

Anyways... so... anyone wonder what'll happen if they actually decided to add in the "God of Creation"... and someone kills the God, what happens than? LOL...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 18:45   Link #842
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukie View Post
Campione episode 5 rapes the hell out of the LN's first half of vol 2
Thank god for that, you have no idea how frustrating it was to read that first half of vol 2 which essentially boils down to Mariya nagging, Erica trolling, and Godou getting steamrolled by every girl in his life

This is a rare case where cutting stuff out actually improves things.

Anyway the real meat of the volume starts here with Yuri getting miko-napped.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
I been wondering...

Who started this "Kill God Spree"?

From what I've seen, most "Gods" are just trying to reclaim something they lost previously... (yet... the "good guys" always call them the "evil ones" and must be destroyed...).
As stated in the first episode, Gods that descend into the human world tend to screw with things just by being around.

Athena's presence had cause a city wide black out due to her element as a Goddess of the Night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nukie View Post
Anyways... so... anyone wonder what'll happen if they actually decided to add in the "God of Creation"... and someone kills the God, what happens than? LOL...
Nothing happens, what they kill is just their physical body- The true nature of the Gods are the myths that surrounds them.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-08-03 at 18:57.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 18:58   Link #843
Kadi
知識の探求者

I don't agree with the decisions they made for the adaption. Again. It cut much of the bad stuff, but some good stuff, too, and the new stuff didn't work as well as drunk Erica in ep1. Overall not good. Over.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 19:04   Link #844
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadi View Post
I don't agree with the decisions they made for the adaption. Again. It cut much of the bad stuff, but some good stuff, too, and the new stuff didn't work as well as drunk Erica in ep1. Overall not good. Over.
It was worth it though- no matter what good stuff (I can't think of any) it's not worth hammering in the point over and over that Godou is henpecked as hell by every girl, even by his sister.
Old 2012-08-03, 19:55   Link #845
novalysis

Again, it seems that Campione's being undone by it's strange pacing. For example, I don't recall seeing the other Campione before. It makes this show a difficult watch. Yes, when you get down to it, it does seem like an average Shounen action series, but it's very messy and hasty pacing makes things very difficult to follow. It's like I'm being dropped into volume 2 or 3 after reading only a summary of the previous volumes.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 20:54   Link #846
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Yuri showing more of her cuteness and showing her scary side to
Old 2012-08-03, 21:17   Link #847
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
Again, it seems that Campione's being undone by it's strange pacing. For example, I don't recall seeing the other Campione before. It makes this show a difficult watch.
I"ve been waiting for him to show up even though I don't know who he is because I've been intrigued by his appearance in the OP.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 21:43   Link #848
Kaihan
Barrel!
*Graphic Designer

Ah so it wasn't just me who was totally clueless of that "best friend" person. Thought I had missed something in the previous episode.

Current Sig
Sinanju(Poco)

Last Sig
Mimi

Kuon
Kaihan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 23:39   Link #849
Athena
The Power of One

Yuri. When her eyes turned red, I was in my silent room watching that in the dark. Forster thought that my video file got broken at the change of colours. Then Yuri's red eyes scared the crap outta me.
Old 2012-08-04, 00:53   Link #850
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Episode 04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athena View Post
Yuri. When her eyes turned red, I was in my silent room watching that in the dark. Forster thought that my video file got broken at the change of colours. Then Yuri's red eyes scared the crap outta me.
Ahaha, yeah that was priceless. Those eyes stare deep into one's soul.

Wow, I knew Erica was cunning and manipulative, but this episode she was just evviiiiil to the point that's it's scary.
Old 2012-08-04, 00:54   Link #851
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Kana Hanazawa is bringing back the Charlotte moe back to us.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 00:55   Link #852
bludvein

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Godou not wanting to 'use his power' to play baseball again because his shoulder healed is silly. Its not like he would use the actual activated powers to gain an advantage.

Don't think he would have time for it anyway. Is there such a thing as a "Star Catcher" in baseball?

Did the anime like skip an episode or two? Who's this blonde guy with the sword, and what battle/duel did they have? -_-

Voban looks like a jerk..curious to see which God powers he took. The anime listed some powers, but I'm not well-versed enough to guess from those list of powers.
He doesn't need to use the activated forms to have a serious advantage. Whether he wills it or not his reflexes and concentration are way beyond human norms. So it doesn't sit well with his sportsman's ethics, and its not like he can just turn it off.

Yes, there are star catchers. Especially if they bat clean-up.

As for Salvatore, that battle happened between in the timeskip between episode 1 and 2. I don't know what the anime is doing with its chronology. The did a botched volume 3 as the first episode, and then didn't do volume 11(The whole Salvatore bit) 2nd even though it comes next in the timeline.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 01:38   Link #853
zzhk
Summary Machine

I can't say I agree with the anime's additions to have Yuri playing baseball just for a cheap crotch joke, or a cellphone shopping scene to push their relationship development. I would have preferred keeping more of the classroom comedy though I can understand the anime streamlining events. I suppose more people would complain about the changes to Liliana's role and how it affects her character.

On the other hand, it's fine for Salvatore to be a mysterious Campione with an unexplained past battle with Godou, after all, that's how it was in the novels for 10 volumes.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 02:22   Link #854
SQA

On the "star catcher" bit, a quick explanation:

Pitcher is the most skilled position on the baseball field. Next is Catcher. Any time you have a player at those positions that can hit "above-average" while playing their position really well, you have a "star"-type player.

However, ignore the fact that a "star" player doesn't exist in middle school. Something Anime and Manga really don't quite get. There's a few natural athletes that start to show up around age 14, but you can normally count those on your hands. (They're also mostly confined to a few specific sports)
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 06:41   Link #855
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

sigs

Old 2012-08-04, 08:14   Link #856
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
I can't say I agree with the anime's additions to have Yuri playing baseball just for a cheap crotch joke, or a cellphone shopping scene to push their relationship development. I would have preferred keeping more of the classroom comedy though I can understand the anime streamlining events. I suppose more people would complain about the changes to Liliana's role and how it affects her character.

On the other hand, it's fine for Salvatore to be a mysterious Campione with an unexplained past battle with Godou, after all, that's how it was in the novels for 10 volumes.
I'm 50/50 with you on this one. If I recall, the first half or so of Vol 2 drove me batshit crazy.. I HATED Mariya's initial character and wished she would fall off a cliff and die. By the time Voban was nabbing her, I was just like: "Just take her and go"

But I agree that the changes to Liliana's role are not things I abide by. Her actually doing the kidnapping and not trying to avoid or delay it doesn't sit right with me.

@Om Nerabdator - That last Athena sig!!
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 08:41   Link #857
Spica

I too think they would do well with the phone scene in the classroom.
Liliana is becoming more of a stalker than a serious knight.

There is a chance Salvatore and Godou battle will replace the Volume 3 flash back.
Or they will only mention that in dialogues.
Is it confirmed that this is only one cour?
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-04, 08:47   Link #858
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
I'm 50/50 with you on this one. If I recall, the first half or so of Vol 2 drove me batshit crazy.. I HATED Mariya's initial character and wished she would fall off a cliff and die. By the time Voban was nabbing her, I was just like: "Just take her and go"
I would extend that to pretty much the entire romcom 'plot' of the first half, I've only picked it up again after the end of last week's episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
There is a chance Salvatore and Godou battle will replace the Volume 3 flash back.
Or they will only mention that in dialogues.
Is it confirmed that this is only one cour?

More or less; Diomedea has never done a 2 cour series before and this isn't exactly something that would warrant them to do so.

On the more optimistic side, they don't shy from making sequels.
Old 2012-08-04, 08:53   Link #859
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

huh i heard this was 2 cours?
Old 2012-08-04, 08:57   Link #860
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
huh i heard this was 2 cours?
Officially speaking it's not confirmed one way or another, only rumors and speculations. But the BD/Dvd count is a strong indication of 1 cour.

Though maybe I'm out-of-date? If you have a source then post it.

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen