AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-07-21, 01:32   Link #661
HandofFate

What's the power of the ram again? and what does it have to do with reviving him when he's killed?
Old 2012-07-21, 01:55   Link #662
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Loli french kissing... this series is going places.
Old 2012-07-21, 02:37   Link #663
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post
WHAT THE HELL, ATHENA?!!! my favorite god in greek mythology, in a loli form wearing a funky hat, lol still awesome though, kinda want her to win in the end but that wouldnt be possible
I believe by next episode u'll see her true form which isnt a loli with a funky hat. This series feels mad rushed and the art is shoddy at best, Mariya looks.... choppy. Erica is as good as I imagined, but Godou looks older than I expected. They should mention the reason for the tongue on tongue action is cuz Campione's have tremendous magic resist so they gotta inject it into his body directly.
Old 2012-07-21, 03:34   Link #664
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

So... I guess Godou is one person who won't die if he is killed?

Also, I'm not sure where the uncertainty comes from. It's not because he is a Campione that he revives. It's because he has Verethnaga(sp?)'s avatars, specifically the Ram in this case.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 03:45   Link #665
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Loli french kissing... this series is going places.
It will never go wrong, no matter where you are. *Bled to death due to nosebleed*

So someone said Athena is the Goddess of War?(Is it True? )
Old 2012-07-21, 04:14   Link #666
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
If if gives you a hin go and see the official website of the series.
Had just gone there. Another unlimited golden blade seems really awesome

Quote:
Mariya looks.... choppy
She reminds me of Reimu from Maikaze's anime.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 04:24   Link #667
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
So... I guess Godou is one person who won't die if he is killed?

Also, I'm not sure where the uncertainty comes from. It's not because he is a Campione that he revives. It's because he has Verethnaga(sp?)'s avatars, specifically the Ram in this case.
Well, don't forget he can only use each avatar once a day.
Leviathan of the Covenant
Seirei Tsukai no Blade Dance
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 04:49   Link #668
MasterVampire

that kiss scene was hot and with him telling her not to use tounge lol
MasterVampire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 06:44   Link #669
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
What's the power of the ram again? and what does it have to do with reviving him when he's killed?
Healing from the brink of death.

I don't think it was supposed to be actual resurrection.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 08:04   Link #670
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Healing from the brink of death.

I don't think it was supposed to be actual resurrection.
It is actual death, but it is not instant. As long as he dies at a slow pace the Ram will take into affect. He dies multiple times in the Light Novel, but they all follow a somewhat slow deaths in Campione standards. Usually he meet his Moe Loli Stepmother Pandora when he dies, but that comes later on.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 08:04   Link #671
Spica

I think the ram actually kill him...

I don't mind this episode-3 at all strangely overall it was ok but still there are few things i don't like.
......poor lily...
Wasn't godou suppose to take the lead in talking with Athena?
Erica know her place in the LN at least (it seem like godou is hidding behind erica..sad..)
but what up with Athena suddenly attacking via beams (she was not that hostile right?)

Lastly what's up with that prophecy? and i don't like that world crisis thing one bit.
Spica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 08:06   Link #672
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
I think the ram actually kill him...

I don't mind this episode-3 at all strangely overall it was ok but still there are few things i don't like.
......poor lily...
Wasn't godou suppose to take the lead in talking with Athena?
Erica know her place in the LN at least (it seem like godou is hidding behind erica..sad..)
but what up with Athena suddenly attacking via beams (she was not that hostile right?)

Lastly what's up with that prophecy? and i don't like that world crisis thing one bit.
The Prophecy wasn't in the Light Novel, and you are right on all points. Godou is the last person to stay behind a women, he ends up usually dying because he always protect the women.
Old 2012-07-21, 08:55   Link #673
Spica

Yeah, thank u reaper
I was hoping Athena walking gracefully before giving kiss of death not teleporting like that..
There is sth i want to ask..i have read the novel up to 8 but without clearly understanding bits about 6 and 7.
You know the golden sword, sword of wisdom is that really like that in the LN. All i understand is he don't hold a sword unless he have finish forging it, right? mostly there are sphere of lights right? "Spell words of a sword"
Thought that was meant to be an imaginary sword slashing while he was speaking spell words at least before he finish forging it.
Old 2012-07-21, 08:58   Link #674
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReaperxKingx View Post
It is actual death, but it is not instant. As long as he dies at a slow pace the Ram will take into affect. He dies multiple times in the Light Novel, but they all follow a somewhat slow deaths in Campione standards. Usually he meet his Moe Loli Stepmother Pandora when he dies, but that comes later on.
I'm not sure I understand. The way I saw it, he had to still be alive to activate the Ram, but also have some kind of mortal wound or disease or something. And once the Ram was triggered, he healed in a few hours.

Does the Ram wait for him to actually die before getting to work?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 09:28   Link #675
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
I'm not sure I understand. The way I saw it, he had to still be alive to activate the Ram, but also have some kind of mortal wound or disease or something. And once the Ram was triggered, he healed in a few hours.

Yes, the Ram does activate when he dies. Godou was once nearly slice in half diagonally only stopping near his groin (Ouch) and still revive. Campiones already have high recovery rates to begin with. Godou cannot die an instant death or else the Ram will not take into effect. As long as Godou can think of the Ram before he dies it will activate when he dies. Complicated, but that how it works. Oh when Godou first died the Ram took a lot of time to revive him. He gets better later on using it.
Old 2012-07-21, 09:30   Link #676
Kadi
知識の探求者

Quote:
Originally Posted by dithar View Post
You know the golden sword, sword of wisdom is that really like that in the LN. All i understand is he don't hold a sword unless he have finish forging it, right? mostly there are sphere of lights right? "Spell words of a sword"
Thought that was meant to be an imaginary sword slashing while he was speaking spell words at least before he finish forging it.
The "spell words of swords", 剣の言霊, are what call forth the swords. He calls the swords like in the anime and yes, he can fire them at will. In that regard it is like Gate Of Babylon or Archer's "Blade Barrage". But from what I remember of V1, he can also grasp them and fight with them like real swords. Usually he just shoots them, though.
The "sword spheres" are a misunderstanding I also had. Because they are mostly used like bullets, Japanese uses the counter for bullets, 弾, which is used for round objects in general (other interpretation: their golden shine is orb-like, like a mini-sun)...

Short version: Yes, the anime got that right. Except for the ground turning gold, maybe. Oh, and he never uses it to finish his enemies off, which is a nice detail.

Quote:

It would make sense for the ram to wait for him to die.
Kadi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 09:53   Link #677
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
So someone said Athena is the Goddess of War?(Is it True? )
Yes, Athena is the goddess of war which is why she's often depicted in classical art as wearing some form of battle armor (a helmet and occasionally a breast plate) and carrying weaponry (usually a spear and sometimes a shield).

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-21, 10:17   Link #678
Spica

oh i see...that make more sense..thx kadi

So i guess the big curve blade in the anime also the correct form? considering V-tan origin.
Old 2012-07-21, 10:26   Link #679
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

I was surprise when they made it into a long Broadsword with a curve hilt. To be more precise, it looks like a Persian Scimitar an oversize one and it is Gold. Make sense since Verethragna is a Persian God of War.

Here is more information of it.
There are many varieties and countries have their own design, but the Persian Scimitar matches the appearance of Godou's Sword.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scimitar
Old 2012-07-21, 10:52   Link #680
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Yes, Athena is the goddess of war which is why she's often depicted in classical art as wearing some form of battle armor (a helmet and occasionally a breast plate) and carrying weaponry (usually a spear and sometimes a shield).
Oh... O_O...

In this episode they explained why she is a rouge god... and the past. And erm... Oh hey, you "killed" your assistant, Detective.

Tags
action, fantasy, harem, romance, shounen