AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2015-12-18, 09:30   Link #121
AP24

Just realized Gosick Pink was released recently. So looks like every year in November/December a volume of the new series is released. Maybe there will be anime adaptation of the new series but it will be years until then.
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-18, 18:21   Link #122
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Just realized Gosick Pink was released recently. So looks like every year in November/December a volume of the new series is released. Maybe there will be anime adaptation of the new series but it will be years until then.
The only other volumes I know of are Red and now Pink.

Are there others?

Also, is it possible to give a very general summary of the volumes that have published so far, so we can get an idea of where the narrative has either taken off or been enlarged from the original novels and/or the anime adaptation?
Old 2015-12-18, 19:19   Link #123
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

There's also Blue. The only thing I can provide is the publisher's summary, as long as it is available on Amazon. It's on the wiki, by the way.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 04:11   Link #124
Zefyris
図書館狼

I've read Red and Blue but not Pink yet. Don't have it. I heard that Pink follows blue rather than red though (Red is 2 years later compared to Blue) so we still don't have a follow up to Red. Blue is happening the day when they arrive in Manhattan. Red is two years later as I said.
Old 2015-12-19, 04:47   Link #125
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
I've read Red and Blue but not Pink yet. Don't have it. I heard that Pink follows blue rather than red though (Red is 2 years later compared to Blue) so we still don't have a follow up to Red. Blue is happening the day when they arrive in Manhattan. Red is two years later as I said.
What's the status of Kazuya and Victorique's relationship in the new series? Are they married?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-12-19, 06:35   Link #126
Zefyris
図書館狼

No, they aren't officially married yet. They are 4 years after getting to Manhattan though (since the end of the main series was clearly saying it), so it happens sometimes after RED's story. We haven't got to there yet.
in Blue, Victorique is still recovering from the side effects of her very harsh drug addiction, so she's periodically quivering and the like, and her skin colour doesn't look especially healthy either. I suppose it's the same in Pink as well. Victorique and Kazuya are close, but Victorique still isn't opening to Kazuya completely (well, with her past, that's merely logical... )

Last edited by Zefyris; 2015-12-19 at 07:51.
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 20:30   Link #127
Azeitona

Unhappy :0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
No, they aren't officially married yet. They are 4 years after getting to Manhattan though (since the end of the main series was clearly saying it), so it happens sometimes after RED's story. We haven't got to there yet.
in Blue, Victorique is still recovering from the side effects of her very harsh drug addiction, so she's periodically quivering and the like, and her skin colour doesn't look especially healthy either. I suppose it's the same in Pink as well. Victorique and Kazuya are close, but Victorique still isn't opening to Kazuya completely (well, with her past, that's merely logical... )
Oh my, I had absolutely no idea Victorique was going through such rough times...Do you know why did they leave Japan, tho? Kujo seemed really fond of his country whenever he thought about it in the novels. By the way, have you found something out about Gosick Pink? :0
Azeitona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-31, 21:17   Link #128
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wait, drug addiction? Is this the thing she is smoking or she had been exposed to opium or other narcotics during the deal with the Mafia in Red?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Old 2016-04-02, 07:09   Link #129
Zefyris
図書館狼

For the leaving Japan, IIRC it was said in Blue by Kujou. I honestly don't remember. It either had to do with his father or with Victorique's father though (who is still alive and kicking in the novels, after having victorique's mother killed by guards while she wasn't resisting).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Wait, drug addiction? Is this the thing she is smoking or she had been exposed to opium or other narcotics during the deal with the Mafia in Red?
In the first novels series, Victorique was heavily drugged by her father (just like her mother was (novels only again) during her 9 months of pregnancy) to use her as a tool to predict the moves of the enemy.
Basically the drug is so intensely fed that victorique was kept in a trance-like state for more 11 months without awakening a single time (although the goal was different, her mother had a similar experience. She never awakened during the months of poregnancy, and was sent to a special cell in a psychiatric hospital afterwards) . Obviously this brought consequences when her mother saved her from the prison cell she was in (yes those scenes are very very different from the anime, far more cruel too) and that she suddenly didn't receive any drug.
This has nothing to do with what happened in RED btw, since RED is AFTER the events of BLUE.

It's already planned that I'll order gosick pink in mid-April. Won't read it right away though. Kind of want to make it my 500th volume read in Japanese, since the first volume I read in Japanese was Gosick 1 (and the 200th and 300th were gosick red and blue as well). So still around 50 volumes left to read beforehand.
Old 2016-04-02, 07:36   Link #130
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Wow, if that is the case then the changes in the anime (more than the "rewriting" of the entire wartime story arc) were for a reason.

All I know about the two post-Volume 8 stories were about the Mafia in BLUE and the dance ball suspense atop the Chrysler Building (the Apocalypse in the story) in RED. How about PINK?

Old 2016-04-02, 08:54   Link #131
Zefyris
図書館狼

Imo the rewriting of that arc in the anime is clearly a complete mess. Why is a politician a better fighter than trained soldiers? Why is a cabaret dancer a very strong fighter as well? The scene is cool but that's basically it. Rule of cool just ignored all logic here.
The fall from the cliff was dumb as hell, the hair of victorique becoming silver wasn't explained at all, the rabbit head costume guys really come out of nowhere (well they aren't supposed to exist so that's obvious ) , Victorique playing chess ina luxury room after being taken by her father just leave the watcher in disarray as for why exactly she was needed here, and so on. Also while the crying scene bring very strong feels to the watcher, this is replacing a very intense scene (the tattoo scene) that shows how much victorique has changed and how much she became determined.
I like the anime but that last arc was very poorly changed.

As for PINK, as I said above, cannot answer since I don't own it yet. IIRC it's after BLUE in the timeline, so we're still waiting for a sequel to RED, but that's it.
Old 2016-04-02, 10:33   Link #132
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

To me, the "playing chess" was Victorique being the "chessmaster" in the war. It alludes to Cordelia somehow, as she was the operator of the chess-solving machine Brian Roscoe used in his Phantasmagorie events and it was the reason why Marquis de Blois took her in the first place. The Marie Antoinette Syndrome is used by many to explain Victorique's change of hair color. The rabbit head people were related to the Monstre Charmant. The only thing that didn't quite fit was the fight scene between Marquis de Blois and Cordelia, but it doesn't stand out that much actually.

Anyway, the anime details fit where it mattered, and the viewer reception during the Second Wind Arc proved to that. It was unfortunate that the adaptation had taken liberties, but I feel that it's better this way where there is some element of fantasy in the story than things are taken so seriously that it would be easier to spot when leaps of logic occurred.

Old 2016-04-02, 12:27   Link #133
Zefyris
図書館狼

Her hair colour change has nothing to do with Marie Antoinette syndrome. That was just a desperate attempt by the anime fan to explain what wasn't explained rather than an explanation given by the anime. The fact that the "golden fairy" lost her golden colour has a deep relation with the story and all of those scenes were ignored.

As for being the "chessmaster" if that was the case, there would be little reason for her mother to die while rescuing her. It isn't the reason the Marquis had Victorique born.
Rabbit head peoples were forcefully related to monstre charmant, from absolutely nowhere.

Tags
light novels, romance, shounen