AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > High School DxD [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2018-03-11, 14:39   Link #3161
Royalknightftw

@Lucidrago
Dont you think it's kind of a step back for Issei team to face Ruval after fighting God class team?
As much as i want to see Seekvaira shines, i dont see her being able to get into top 16 ,but well i hope she does though

I am still rooting for Issei vs Surtr and Rias vs Celtic gods (Lugh or his relatives maybe)
Royalknightftw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-11, 14:59   Link #3162
DragonOsman
Dragon King

It's not a step back. Not really. Because things aren't decided by the power of the players; it's decided by the tournament's manage committee's decision. And I don't think they look at the players' powers and whether a team one team has already faced is more powerful than the one they're going to face or not.
Old 2018-03-11, 15:28   Link #3163
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonOsman View Post
It's not a step back. Not really. Because things aren't decided by the power of the players; it's decided by the tournament's manage committee's decision. And I don't think they look at the players' powers and whether a team one team has already faced is more powerful than the one they're going to face or not.
Well, after making Issei fight a God class opponent, you woud think that it would be more proper if the next opponent would be at least the same level as the last one, in order to maintain the hype and all that, right?
Old 2018-03-11, 15:34   Link #3164
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Well, the characters themselves don't know they're in a story, do they? There's no hype to maintain for them. I don't think the next opponents to face also being a God-class team is that important or makes that much sense.
Old 2018-03-11, 15:45   Link #3165
XFire
150% done

Quote:
Well, the characters themselves don't know they're in a story, do they? There's no hype to maintain for them. I don't think the next opponents to face also being a God-class team is that important or makes that much sense.
Playing devil's advocate here for a second, this is a tournament, and the people running them have been known to screw with the settings a bit to make things more interesting.

Ise is kind of a giant piece of walking propaganda for the Alliance at this point so it makes a certain amount of sense for things to be arranged to keep up the "hype" around him. Not saying that'll happen but there would be justification for it.
Old 2018-03-11, 15:59   Link #3166
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, but what I'm saying is that it's not set in stone for any teams he faces from now on have to be God-class or above. The management committee decides who faces whom, and I don't think go by this way of pairing teams up against each other.
Old 2018-03-11, 16:00   Link #3167
Royalknightftw

Quote:
Well, when people watch a soccer match and their team, that they like ,manage to defeat or able to make the match a draw against a stronger team, will they not wish to see their favorite team being able to do the same thing against another strong opponent right after the last match? I could see the RG fans hyping Issei team to fight another God class team after this.

And for our perspective as a reader, wouldnt it be more interesting to see another God class team fighting issei ?
Old 2018-03-11, 16:02   Link #3168
DragonOsman
Dragon King

I guess you're right about that. But still, if that happens, it'll be a choice by the management committee to keep the fans excited. Either way, it's the management committee's choice, and they aren't always going to decide to make each opponent as stronger as or stronger than the last. That's what I'm trying to say.
Old 2018-03-11, 16:27   Link #3169
cyberdemon

Quote:
I guess you're right about that. But still, if that happens, it'll be a choice by the management committee to keep the fans excited. Either way, it's the management committee's choice, and they aren't always going to decide to make each opponent as stronger as or stronger than the last. That's what I'm trying to say.
It will probably be like normal elimination brackets. Each will be assigned a rank based on their points 1-16. 1 will face 16. 2 will face 15. 3 will be against 14 etc
Old 2018-03-11, 16:50   Link #3170
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Yeah, that's probably it. And if it's anything like the martial arts tournaments in Dragon Ball in how the brackets are chosen, the players would draw lots (which would mean it's random).
Old 2018-03-11, 18:43   Link #3171
Lucidrago

Well Ravel needs her volume is what I'm saying. Which is why I would have preferred a preliminary match. And for Issei to face Tobio as his first match in the final rounds.

And this might sound crazy but do you guys think the swords that Kiyotora wielded in Volume 23 are the same swords that Shin wielded in Ex?
Lucidrago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-03-11, 19:02   Link #3172
cyberdemon

Quote:
Yeah, that's probably it. And if it's anything like the martial arts tournaments in Dragon Ball in how the brackets are chosen, the players would draw lots (which would mean it's random).
drawing lots is less likely because there were matches for points prior to the elimination round. This automatically gives them a pecking order that isn't available in the dragonball martial arts tournaments.
Old 2018-03-11, 19:04   Link #3173
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

@Lucidrago Yes, that is crazy because the swords that Shin used in EX belong to Souji Okita which were given by Kiba to Shin.
Old 2018-03-11, 21:17   Link #3174
Lucidrago

I meant that they could be the same weapon, but just copies of the originals. Like Durandal and Durandal ll.
Old 2018-03-11, 23:17   Link #3175
Ariel_Saeba
Oppai Enthusiast

They are the actual, original blades. If they are copies, Shin would have noted it by adding numbers or stating the alchemy-synthesis process of making them. Seems like Kiyotora would later recognize Kiba's master (what with the latter begun to spam Mumyou Sandan-zuki, Okita's signature parallel triple thrust tech) and give the blades to Kiba as a sign of honor or something. I also expect the boi to have Okita's mythical (to the point of memetic) sword, the Kiku-Ichimonji Norimune, or even the famous monster cutter, the Doujigiri Yasutsuna (the latter's more of a family thing, as it was only ranked below Totsuka-no-Tsurugi and Kusanagi-no-Tsurugi).
Old 2018-03-12, 02:46   Link #3176
Lucidrago

And the Church could have recovered the blades. They seem to have a monopoly on most of the holy swords. Nothing proved that Souji still had them in the present day. And plus there would be some big hooplah about it if Souji was a devil who wielded holy swords. There are a few possibilities:

A. They were recovered by the Church long ago and were given as a gift to Issei and Irina for their wedding. And they gave it to their child. Not before producing a copy of the swords and giving the pair to Kiyotora(created and adjusted for Kiyotora's personal use)

B. Souji actually had the swords but he kept it a secret that he owned them because of the threat of holy swords to devils and how the Church would view the devils being in possession of two holy swords. He never used them and kept them hidden. Even after the alliance and after he went to fight Trihexa. And Kiba recently discovered the swords. And gifted them to Shin in the future.

And Ishibumi has been using the current arc to introduce the swords and link everything im Ex to the main story. Like Galatine.
Old 2018-03-12, 05:57   Link #3177
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Galantine III was said to have gun parts included, right? If the one Rias has in that briefcase doesn't have gun parts, then it's probably the original Galantine (just tampered to allow Devils or Dragons to wield it). But yeah, the connection to EX is still there.

And as for Souji's swords. It's possible that he still has them. But yeah, it's also possible that the Church already took them back at some point. I hope we find out.

@cyberdomeon: The current matches are the Prelims, aren't they? And if I'm not mistaken, the Sekiryuutei of the Blazing Truth Team vs. The Pleasure of the Gods Team match is the last one in the Prelims. The management committee were the ones who decided who faced who and they don't have to decide based on power. They can decide at random somehow or just go by any criteria they want. Isn't that right? And they'll probably fill the brackets for the main tournament at random as well, unless they do actually choose by the number of points each team has which is also possible.
Old 2018-03-12, 06:19   Link #3178
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Its Durandal IV that has gun parts not Galantine III.
Old 2018-03-12, 07:46   Link #3179
DragonOsman
Dragon King

Oh, so I was just mixing them up. Galantine III is a regular sword, but I might be remembering wrong (if I understood correctly, it's a katana?).
Old 2018-03-12, 08:06   Link #3180
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Not a katana either.