AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Sword Art Online > Past SAO Anime

Notices

View Poll Results: Critique of Episode 04
10 out of 10: Near Perfect... 61 32.11%
9 out of 10: Excellent... 59 31.05%
8 out of 10: Very Good... 42 22.11%
7 out of 10: Good... 19 10.00%
6 out of 10: Average... 4 2.11%
5 out of 10: Below Average... 0 0%
4 out of 10: Poor... 4 2.11%
3 out of 10: Bad... 0 0%
2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 1 0.53%
Voters: 190. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-01, 09:04   Link #281
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Sooooo I'm a little curiousss, can you have kids in this virtual world? He wanted to create...a real world right? Problem is, who would control the kids? NPC's exist? (they are called NPC's right? i'm not familiar with these game terms, never played MMORPGS or w/e they're called :X)
Old 2012-08-01, 09:16   Link #282
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Sooooo I'm a little curiousss, can you have kids in this virtual world? He wanted to create...a real world right? Problem is, who would control the kids? NPC's exist? (they are called NPC's right? i'm not familiar with these game terms, never played MMORPGS or w/e they're called :X)
Ask in the Q&A thread.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 16:36   Link #283
Berserkguard

I enjoyed the pace of this episode a lot more than episode 3. I like Silica, hopefully we see more of her.

...But still, need more Asuna

Oh yeah, I really liked how Titan's Hand came into play... it's cool how they included PvP mechanics such as having non-orange players lure others to designated orange players to kill... sounds like something I'd do (not to mention, totally reminds me of the good ol' RuneScape days where scammers used a similar method to kill people in the Wilderness)
Old 2012-08-01, 18:10   Link #284
styr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Berserkguard View Post
I enjoyed the pace of this episode a lot more than episode 3. I like Silica, hopefully we see more of her.

...But still, need more Asuna

Oh yeah, I really liked how Titan's Hand came into play... it's cool how they included PvP mechanics such as having non-orange players lure others to designated orange players to kill... sounds like something I'd do (not to mention, totally reminds me of the good ol' RuneScape days where scammers used a similar method to kill people in the Wilderness)
She was a pretty cool character all around. Her dragon familiar was especially interesting and Pina's sacrifice was like that of a dog protecting it's master, very sad. I'm not even sure if Kirito had ever seen a beast tamer before he met her, as he was quite surprised to learn that Silica was one. Although he did know what they were, so maybe he had seen them in passing before? Dunno.

I liked how plain her clothes looked before Kirito gave her that new set and you could really tell they were good clothes just from how fancy they looked. Very colorful and intricate compared to what she had on before. Same deal with her weapon, the dagger she used in the beginning of ep4 looked as plain as her clothes with a grip that was nearly half of the blade's length and a blade that looked like iron or steel that had a very odd shape. Later on when she was fighting the plant mobs her new dagger it looks amazing. It had a very sleek and elegant look with the thin dark metal that had what looked like a steel edge. It also had a crossguard, unlike her old dagger, which is very important for protecting your hands while wielding a weapon. The blade itself had a very sharp tip for thrusting and with how thin the edges were it would do equally well for slashing. It even had a small inlaid red jewel.

I'm sure Silica treasured those items she received from Kirito not only because of how they looked and performed but also because of.. ahem.. some reason in her heart that she "can't explain."

Last edited by styr; 2012-08-01 at 18:21.
styr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 19:20   Link #285
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post
She was a pretty cool character all around. Her dragon familiar was especially interesting and Pina's sacrifice was like that of a dog protecting it's master, very sad. I'm not even sure if Kirito had ever seen a beast tamer before he met her, as he was quite surprised to learn that Silica was one. Although he did know what they were, so maybe he had seen them in passing before? Dunno.
He probably heard about them from news posts or from information sellers.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-01, 22:26   Link #286
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by styr View Post

I liked how plain her clothes looked before Kirito gave her that new set and you could really tell they were good clothes just from how fancy they looked. Very colorful and intricate compared to what she had on before. Same deal with her weapon, the dagger she used in the beginning of ep4 looked as plain as her clothes with a grip that was nearly half of the blade's length and a blade that looked like iron or steel that had a very odd shape. Later on when she was fighting the plant mobs her new dagger it looks amazing. It had a very sleek and elegant look with the thin dark metal that had what looked like a steel edge. It also had a crossguard, unlike her old dagger, which is very important for protecting your hands while wielding a weapon. The blade itself had a very sharp tip for thrusting and with how thin the edges were it would do equally well for slashing. It even had a small inlaid red jewel.

I'm sure Silica treasured those items she received from Kirito not only because of how they looked and performed but also because of.. ahem.. some reason in her heart that she "can't explain."
Yeah, Kirito really gave her some excellent stuff. If like he said it made up for 5 or 6 levels that just shows how damn good the equipment is. Probably good enough on its own for her to keep using for quite a long time. On that note she's in pretty good shape since she won't have to even think about spending money on equipment for a long time.

Agree it all looked very nice and a real improvement over what she had. Though wonder how hard it might be to get into a good group since if she was seen as a cute mascot before then she just got even cuter with that equipment .

But yeah in the end nothing can quite compare to the emotional value of that equipment and who gave it. Even if she does manage to find better stuff that equipment should stay in her inventory permanently.
Old 2012-08-02, 00:14   Link #287
Unknown Soldier
:D

If you think about it, Kirito probably just gave Silica old gear he had already outleveled but hadn't bothered selling. He was something like 35 levels above her at that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Jar of cream. Kirito keeps all sort of stuff on him to make girls happy.
Kirito is a ladies man beyond human comprehension.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 00:57   Link #288
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah, Kirito really gave her some excellent stuff. If like he said it made up for 5 or 6 levels that just shows how damn good the equipment is. Probably good enough on its own for her to keep using for quite a long time. On that note she's in pretty good shape since she won't have to even think about spending money on equipment for a long time.

Agree it all looked very nice and a real improvement over what she had. Though wonder how hard it might be to get into a good group since if she was seen as a cute mascot before then she just got even cuter with that equipment .

But yeah in the end nothing can quite compare to the emotional value of that equipment and who gave it. Even if she does manage to find better stuff that equipment should stay in her inventory permanently.
Unless they were just a loan and she has to give them back now that the quest is over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
If you think about it, Kirito probably just gave Silica old gear he had already outleveled but hadn't bothered selling.
Or drops from the frontline. They don't really fit him.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 01:23   Link #289
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Unless they were just a loan and she has to give them back now that the quest is over.
Possible, though I'd be rather surprised. If he didn't want compensation in the first place wouldn't expect him to ask for the stuff back. Besides if he does want to see her again in the real world best to leave her in a state where she's got the best chance to survive and that'd be with good items. Considering he'll be fighting on the frontlines losing a few pieces of equipment (that is probably far below his level anyways) won't be an issue. In the end think this event was worth giving up some equipment for Kirito. Helped that guild leader out and got to help smooth out some personal feelings about his sister (well technically cousin). Nothing wrong with helping a friend out by leaving them in a better state than you found them.

Of course in the end probably would never actually know. Since when we see her again if she does have the same equipment could be she managed to acquire it herself or if she doesn't then she found better equipment and has the items safely in her inventory. Think it fits more with Kirito's feelings at the end of the episode to leave things as they are and head on back to the front lines.
Old 2012-08-02, 01:28   Link #290
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post

Or drops from the frontline. They don't really fit him.
I seriously doubt he just gave them to her as a loan. He's too far ahead for that equipment to have any other purpose than outfitting cute little lolis who are in need.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-02, 01:45   Link #291
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

I don't think he'd want it back either, but it doesn't matter that the equipment has no use for him personally. He probably sells most of what he gets so he can buy things he can use. (potions, swords, black cloaks...)
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 06:11   Link #292
Eratas123

Seems like Kirito isn't that recognizable anymore Nobody commented on him being a beater the entire episode (totally expecting those two fans to say something about it).
Old 2012-08-03, 08:40   Link #293
Deltaray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Seems like Kirito isn't that recognizable anymore Nobody commented on him being a beater the entire episode (totally expecting those two fans to say something about it).
Actually he was called beater by that orange guild.
Deltaray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 08:44   Link #294
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
Given he wasn't recognized in the previous episode, I take it that more people know either the name "Kirito" or title "Black Swordsman" rather than the looks. I'm betting that in terms of who actually knows what he looks like, it's probably largely limited to people in the lead group.
Old 2012-08-03, 08:58   Link #295
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
Given he wasn't recognized in the previous episode, I take it that more people know either the name "Kirito" or title "Black Swordsman" rather than the looks. I'm betting that in terms of who actually knows what he looks like, it's probably largely limited to people in the lead group.
Well, by definition the lead group spends almost all their time leveling on the higher floors, so that's probably true. Even after hearing the name and recognizing the description, the orange guild still didn't believe it was him because a high level player wouldn't have the time to come down to a lower level floor.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 09:01   Link #296
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I'm sure Kirito doesn't want to draw attention to himself, so although his name/nickname is known, he's being his usual secretive self around others. He's no doubt cautious to when and where he reveals himself, otherwise he'll have people that will want to kill him, or he'll have people following him around for guidance or to ask him join their guild/party
Old 2012-08-03, 09:28   Link #297
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Well, by definition the lead group spends almost all their time leveling on the higher floors, so that's probably true. Even after hearing the name and recognizing the description, the orange guild still didn't believe it was him because a high level player wouldn't have the time to come down to a lower level floor.
That and he's 15 and looks kinda femme, not the sort of person you'd immediately identify with a badass frontline swordsman, even if he has the equipment of one.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-03, 09:34   Link #298
Rakshasa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DXMichael View Post
I'm sure Kirito doesn't want to draw attention to himself, so although his name/nickname is known, he's being his usual secretive self around others. He's no doubt cautious to when and where he reveals himself, otherwise he'll have people that will want to kill him, or he'll have people following him around for guidance or to ask him join their guild/party
He wasn't particularly secretive about his name with Sicilia, and considering that the mid-level people can't even touch him he probably just doesn't care.
Old 2012-08-03, 09:38   Link #299
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakshasa View Post
He wasn't particularly secretive about his name with Sicilia, and considering that the mid-level people can't even touch him he probably just doesn't care.
Sicilia wasn't exactly the most threatening person to be honest, and she needed the help at the time. As for mid-level people, they could always hire the higher ups.
Old 2012-08-03, 09:42   Link #300
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
That and he's 15 and looks kinda femme, not the sort of person you'd immediately identify with a badass frontline swordsman, even if he has the equipment of one.
If they've lived there for more than a year I'm sure they've learned not to judge people by appearances. In the end, it's just a game world so kids can be just as strong.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly episode discussion