AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-08-24, 11:26   Link #41
ZenithTheOne

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBP6y3iCHLI&NR=1 - there ya go ! :P
ZenithTheOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 11:44   Link #42
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
First off, the censors aren't near as bad as everyone seems to think they are. With sound effects for which even the all-purpose "WTF!?" seems inadequate, you either can guess what's going on or seeing the result without the cause actually makes the scene funnier(like when Sakura was lying on the bathroom floor looking like he'd been dead a week).
Here's a question for the philosophers: Zakuro-chan is nine years old, but she's more developed than most eighteen-year-olds. So, if a man is attracted to her, is he really a lolicon? Note that this is hypothetical as overdrawn endowment has been ruined for me, since I've seen a full ep of Eiken...
Zakuro chan may be 9 years old, but the original Character design was MoE, the new one is more Eiken-ish.

I don't like the new character designs, I really don't like how everyone is no longer chibi.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 12:23   Link #43
Max10

Like I said

Spoiler for Well, the cat is out of the bag now tag:
Max10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 12:28   Link #44
Edgewalker
Nani ?

Yep..Im gonna wait for DVD releases for this and the next episodes. Censorship is FTL. Kills the funniest parts.
Edgewalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 20:28   Link #45
HigurashiNeze1231
Drama pl0x

Send a message via AIM to HigurashiNeze1231 Send a message via Yahoo to HigurashiNeze1231
Well no anime has really made me laugh like Dokuro-chan, and season 2's episodes 1-2 delivered on that aspect. The censoring was a little annoying, but it didn't ruin it completely. The bath scene was just... yeah, awesome, especially Zakuro.
HigurashiNeze1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-24, 23:29   Link #46
Seiryuu

About my philosophical question, I wasn't asking whether the guy would still go to jail or whether it was still seriously wrong(as if a 9-year-old F-cup wasn't wrong enough). I was asking whether physical attraction to a 9-year-old who puts most 20-year-old models to shame could be called lolicon or pedo in a psychological sense. Just like the question of whether attraction to adults who look like grade-schoolers is off somehow, is the health of physical/psychological desire dependent on real or apparent age. Anyway, I didn't mean this in any serious sense. I just figured, if a tree falling in a forest with no one to hear it makes no sound, then maybe a man falling for a kid who no one could think of as a kid isn't a freak.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 07:06   Link #47
darlliu

Just saw ep 1+2....I didnt know dokuro has a sister at all :P
but anyways, the series is just DIVINE,and the cast is still so great~ definitely gonna follow this one.
darlliu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 10:55   Link #48
mercury lampe

Quote:
About my philosophical question, I wasn't asking whether the guy would still go to jail or whether it was still seriously wrong(as if a 9-year-old F-cup wasn't wrong enough). I was asking whether physical attraction to a 9-year-old who puts most 20-year-old models to shame could be called lolicon or pedo in a psychological sense. Just like the question of whether attraction to adults who look like grade-schoolers is off somehow, is the health of physical/psychological desire dependent on real or apparent age. Anyway, I didn't mean this in any serious sense. I just figured, if a tree falling in a forest with no one to hear it makes no sound, then maybe a man falling for a kid who no one could think of as a kid isn't a freak.
This is rather interesting so I'll try to answer you...

The fact is that Zakuro has a completely developed body so, in terms of physical condition, she isn't a child. (well, this would be more accurate if we knew if her sexual organs are actually developed or not, but judging by her breast size, i think it's reasonable to assume that)

On the other hand, we have to take into account the development of her mind. This is the real matter here because no one can say that zakuro doesn't behave like a child. In fact, her behaviour and not her body is the reason author can say "she's a nine-years-old little girl"

Also, her childish mind is what makes her so innocent and consequently so vulnerable to, for put a canon example, sakura's dirty thoughts. So, as long as you can take advantage of her no mature mind, manipulate it, and make zakuro do what you want her to do, i thing the age she looks like doesn't matter.

But this is my humble opinion anyway...
mercury lampe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 12:59   Link #49
Max10

Very true.
The problem is, (in this little hypothetical) if a girl of unknown age should pass you by and the guy next to you should catch you staring, he might say, "You're sick. She's only nine years old." Then you might (try at least) to strike those initial thoughts from your mind, and , certainly upon meeting the girl, treat her with the respect and care one might treat a friend's little sister.
You treat her that way because she is nine, despite how she looks. But that initial reaction is something that you can't control. Physical attraction is like that: reactive. What separates the monsters from the good guys is whether or not they take the whole person into account, mind and body.
Max10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 13:07   Link #50
Seiryuu

In the real world, that would be 100% true. Unfortunately, in anime, few adult women are even Zakuro's mental age. For that matter, in anime, the intelligence and maturity of a woman frequently tends to be inversely related to the size of her chest. That's with the obvious exception of comedy teachers, who generally stay relatively smart but instead grow more perverse with cup sizes.
Anyway, I wasn't asking about legitimate intent to take advantage of her or pursue such relations. Regardless of physical, mental or actual age, wanting to take advantage of a woman or pursue a relationship solely for the possibility of getting to do something with her is simply disgusting. I was simply talking about the basic physical desire that is about as restrained in a teen's body as a pitbull is restrained with a leash made of floss.
I guess this is really an even sillier question than I'd meant. I suppose it could come to this:
1. If he's attracted to her because she's so well-endowed, he's a healthy guy but likes them bigger than they should be.
2. If he's attracted to her because she's a kid or because she may be easily tricked, then he's a sick freak who likes them much bigger than they should be.
3. If he's attracted to her because she's an angel, he's a masochist.
Old 2007-08-25, 13:46   Link #51
mercury lampe

Well...

The fact is that zakuro is a child with a very fine woman body right?

Now, let's put two simple scenarios:

1. You see zakuro sleeping in a park. She's resting quietly, so the only thing you can see is a fine let's put twenty-years-old-woman lain on the grass. Then, you note you feel attracted to her.

2. Same scenario, but you see a awaked zakuro playing childishly with the grass and birds of the park. After seeing that, you feel attracted to her.

I suppose everyone notes the difference here. In the first case, you're attracted by a women, in the second, you're attracted by a so-called woman that acts like a child.

So, if the question is ¿is right to feel attracted by a 9-years-girl with woman body? my answer can change if we are in the first or second snecario, because when you find out that zakuro behaves like a child despite of her body and even then you're attracted to her, I'll have to suppose that you aren't looking for a woman.

So, essentially, i agree with your 1 and 2 answers. About the 3, well, angels are not as bad, I mean, zabato-chan is kind of cute and zakuro...yeah, probably the same. The only scary, crazy "angel" is dokuro xd.
Old 2007-08-25, 14:49   Link #52
HigurashiNeze1231
Drama pl0x

Send a message via AIM to HigurashiNeze1231 Send a message via Yahoo to HigurashiNeze1231
I'm just a teenage boy so my opinion on this is a null really, but if you think he's pedo for liking Zakuro then I think it's just how you interpret the meaning. She may be 9, but she looks like shes 20, after all this is an anime and that isn't really something uncommon. If you lived with her and maybe you knew her better you wouldn't be as perverse (not in my case) and understand that in age she's only 9, but if you're not that familiar she's a hot 20 year old. If this were a real life issue then well it would probably be something much different... to "help" with this case I also decided to upload this video. :S http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HAtHrBQcUig
HigurashiNeze1231 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-25, 16:19   Link #53
jaziek
Does an elope taste good?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
how long till next episode? I take it that it's not weekly.....
i really want to know the release schedule as well... anybody?
Old 2007-08-25, 16:37   Link #54
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Wow, i don't remember the first series of Dokuro-chan being THAT INSANE. They truly went over the limits with this, and its only the start of the second season. Censorship doesn't bother me at all, 'cause it delivers a different kind of humor to when you can see whats going on. Its good to see that Zakuro (eyepatch <3) is still a big ball of love.

Oh yeah~

Old 2007-08-27, 13:53   Link #55
Seiryuu

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury lampe View Post
Well...

The fact is that zakuro is a child with a very fine woman body right?

Now, let's put two simple scenarios:

1. You see zakuro sleeping in a park. She's resting quietly, so the only thing you can see is a fine let's put twenty-years-old-woman lain on the grass. Then, you note you feel attracted to her.

2. Same scenario, but you see a awaked zakuro playing childishly with the grass and birds of the park. After seeing that, you feel attracted to her.

I suppose everyone notes the difference here. In the first case, you're attracted by a women, in the second, you're attracted by a so-called woman that acts like a child.

So, if the question is ¿is right to feel attracted by a 9-years-girl with woman body? my answer can change if we are in the first or second snecario, because when you find out that zakuro behaves like a child despite of her body and even then you're attracted to her, I'll have to suppose that you aren't looking for a woman.

So, essentially, i agree with your 1 and 2 answers. About the 3, well, angels are not as bad, I mean, zabato-chan is kind of cute and zakuro...yeah, probably the same. The only scary, crazy "angel" is dokuro xd.
You had me right up until you described Zakuro "playing childishly" in the park. That would not happen. The only "playing" I could see Zakuro doing with birds is target practice, and all the angels we've seen are pretty much the same. I vividly recall that Zabato was cute and nice until she got close enough to try to zap Sakura until he breaks down to the atomic level, and Zakuro, though not acting on assassination orders, was willing to do whatever it took to achieve her mission. She also made it relatively clear that she would watch over Sakura only until given new orders which likely would involve fulfilling Dokuro's mission. For that matter, Zakuro was forcefully capturing her beloved sister on charges that are frequently punished with execution. If that's not enough, just consider the fact that the children's book Zakuro reads for fun is an encyclopedia of demonology.
Anyway, as I stated before, most characters I've seen with exaggerated characteristics are either arrogant idiots or have the mind of a first-grader. Frankly, in anime it seems like the best bet in order to avoid dating a minor is to find a girl who looks 25 and acts 5.
Anyway, this has sort of gone off topic. I said that only as a bad joke, and the only reason I like Loli stuff is the amusing lengths producers go to to explain why a character dating his kid sister is not guilty of pedophilia or incest.
Back to topic, I'm really wondering whether they'll manage to produce a real plot behind all the blood. I mean, I don't see how this could end well, especially with so much sadistic insanity. Not that it'd be bad as simply a bloodfest-comedy.
Old 2007-08-27, 14:06   Link #56
mdauben

Quote:
I was asking whether physical attraction to a 9-year-old who puts most 20-year-old models to shame could be called lolicon or pedo in a psychological sense.
In my opinion, “lolicon” is all about appearances. In this anime Zakuro looks like a 20 year old, so she does not qualify as a “loli” in my book. There are plenty of examples of girls who are much older than they look, whom I would consider lolis. One extreme example that comes immediately to mind is Evangeline A.K. McDowell from the Negima! manga and anime. She is over 300 years old, scary strong, and has a very mature personality, yet in my opinion she is still a “loli” because she looks like she is 10 years old.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercury lampe View Post
On the other hand, we have to take into account the development of her mind.
There are plenty of examples of older girls with very immature or childish personalities, which again I don’t think qualifies them as lolis. Someone like Sumomo Akihime from Nanatsuiro Drops falls into this catagory. She is the same age as the other main characters in the story, but with a much more innocent and child-like personality. I think this sort of character tends to appeal to a different set of male fantasies than the loli does.

Just my 2¢
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 10:12   Link #57
mercury lampe

Quote:
You had me right up until you described Zakuro "playing childishly" in the park. That would not happen. The only "playing" I could see Zakuro doing with birds is target practice, and all the angels we've seen are pretty much the same.
Yeah, this you pointed is probably what might happen given the sadistic personality of the angels in this series but, anyway, what i wanted to explain was the difference between:

- feeling attracted by Zakuro when you see her in bikini (the bath scene from episode 2)

- and feeling attracted by her even when she said (referring to her bikinni) that maybe it was too early for her. Forget por a while that you know she's 9. Let's supose you don't know any clue about her age except her body, and you had assumed she's 20. When you hear that a so-called 20-years-old woman tells you with a blushed face and innocent voice that probably she's underage to wear bikini, the most logical thought is IMO, ¿what's wrong with this woman?

So, even though i'm talking about zakuro, i try to answer your original question [B]in general[B] without taking into account de crazy side of tha angel.

Returning to the topic, i also wonder what kind of plot we have to expect from this series. I mean, in the first season the "plot" was almost an excuse to show us funny gore and blood comedy. I don't know if this time this will be different but, at least, i've seen a new and quite interesting character in the opening, don't know if is another angel or someone else but sure she've something to say.

to mdauben

Well, i don't know if i explained myself clear or not but, i never thought in Zakuro as a loli. Here i completely agree with you; it doesn't matter how a perfectly- developed female behaves, she can't be a loli because of her "healthy"appearence. Also, about the mind development i was referring before, a very childish personality doesn't fit with a loli. In fact, a cute little girl that behaves like such, is a cutie, and a cute little girl tha behaves with some sensual, womanly background is a loli. But this is just my opinion of course.
Old 2007-08-28, 22:11   Link #58
nickname999

Here you have Ending in Dokuro 2.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=AOiUrAhL0wk
nickname999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-28, 22:28   Link #59
Seiryuu

Wow. I must admit the ending fits the show very well. Insanity piled upon dementia...
Concerning where this story may go, I'm fine with almost anything, so long as the angels all keep their haloes ON THEIR HEADS!! I can take blood jokes, but leave the bowels alone thank you.
Old 2007-08-29, 07:32   Link #60
nookadum

Rule #1, kids:

Do NOT play with the f***ing glue.
nookadum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen