AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2008-07-19, 11:53   Link #1
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Franken Fran

Franken Fran is the work of Katsuhisa Kigitsu (probably his debut work, probably a med student as well ), is seralized in Champion Red(MangaHelpers).

From OneManga:
Fran can make anyone into anything, raise the dead, switch heads and bodies and give you those eyes that you've always wanted. But do you actually want them? Is it a good thing to raise the dead? Do the ends justify the means? And does Fran care?

I actually like this series, very,VERY reminiscent of Pet Shop of Horrors. Anyway I made this topic to simply ask a question for someone else who might be reading it. WTH happened in chapter 13 ?!? The first time I read it I didn't understand, but I haven't had a chance to re-read it until today(did it after reading the newly released chap 14) and I STILL don't understand.
Spoiler for chap 13:
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-19, 16:20   Link #2
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I don't like horror stuff, but damn if I can't stop reading.

Spoiler for chapter 13 answer:

Chapter 14 is just classic. The "little sister" has been taught what it means to be really, really terrifying.

Admittedly though, I like it better when Fran is actually a nice girl and not a nice horrifying-evil-scientist girl. The chapter where she helped the little girl was my favorite. Aww, *group hugs*.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 00:55   Link #3
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
This manga is pretty messed up, but strangely I liked ch2 the most. Mixed of ecchi and gore makes things easier to digest (no pun intended).

There's not much of a plot though, if any.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 03:28   Link #4
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post

Spoiler for chapter 13 answer:
Thanks for explaining it, makes sense now. When those other cops clones appeared there, it completely me. I assumed since they never mentioned anything about cloning her, it never happened, so that blinded me to that conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus
Chapter 14 is just classic. The "little sister" has been taught what it means to be really, really terrifying.

Admittedly though, I like it better when Fran is actually a nice girl and not a nice horrifying-evil-scientist girl. The chapter where she helped the little girl was my favorite. Aww, *group hugs*.
Spoiler for chap 14:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno
This manga is pretty messed up, but strangely I liked ch2 the most. Mixed of ecchi and gore makes things easier to digest (no pun intended).

There's not much of a plot though, if any.
Yeah, chap 2 and 4 are my favorite ones. She needs more schooltime :\.

There IS a plot; to benefit mankind through surgical creation and manipulation. That's Fran's ultimate objective(not that THAT really creates a plot >.>).

Might as well ask what happened at the end of chap 8 as well. Call me stupid, but I just don't understand what happened.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-20, 04:00   Link #5
Mizuno
Undefined

I didn't know at first either, until I realized there's a hidden translation note after the chapter.

They suggested that it was a variation of Yuki Onna (snow woman). Although there's no snow and the scenary is all green... but I agree it's a type of mystical creature that slowly drains men's energy away through kisses (similar to that of a succubus).

The long hair, stunning beauty, and her cold body also suggests this.

And I definitely like this chapter too, up there with ch2 since they even brought folklore into the mix, the nude shot was a plus.
Old 2008-07-23, 00:07   Link #6
sumowow

Well currently im at the "extra" chapter and i like what i've seen so far. Its just so funny and twistedly exciting. Im glad i was able to find this little masterpiece.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 00:41   Link #7
RBomber

Chapter 8 is, as someone at onemanga says, reference to Saya no Uta. Check Wikipedia for sure.
RBomber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 00:49   Link #8
Mizuno
Undefined

That sounds very plausible, but it doesn't explain the butterflies scenary though.
Old 2008-07-23, 07:20   Link #9
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

In my sense, i can see every chapter have its own lessons that want to catch readers attention, even when they are all quite crazy. (I always the type who think so much through so not so confident with these).

This manga is a masterpiece in its own way, (even when the mangaka intentionally do it or not), and it does leave me speechless with mixed emotions of sad, happy, ridiculous, scared, freak out...etc...
It's madness (and the most wacky ones are chapter 2 and 5, no doubt)

It's not my first time experiencing these kinds of things. But as manga , it helps to digest a bit (image if it was a movie i doubt if can stand for 5 mins)

PS: i hope i won't have nightmare tonight

Extra notes: I know it is ridiculous but some how I think Fran is quite 'moe' in a weird sense @_@ even when her scars ruined her face badly. I probably can't bear the thought of adding her into my likable character list, but there are probably some secret fanbases lurking around internet by now

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2008-07-23 at 07:31.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-23, 07:32   Link #10
Mizuno
Undefined

lol, I usually won't be able to digest anything after seeing ch1, ch 6 for example.

that's why i especially like the chapters with a fair bit of ecchiness.

well, Fran is probably not someone you want to keep around though.
Old 2008-07-23, 07:43   Link #11
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Chapter 1 is ordinary in my standard , but i do amused at howcasual Fran is when go up and tell everyone stop eating in CH 5 because...(you know why)

To me, the manga is a nightmare itself and I'm kind of half-awake when finished it @_@

Chapter 5 showed how evil this girl is

...and every chapter has a twist, the author have similar taste with me
Old 2008-07-24, 18:58   Link #12
sumowow

Does anybody else think Fran is cute? Cause i sure do. Even though shes a mad scientist she is only trying to help people, she asks whether they really want to go through with it multiple times, so its their fault if they say "Yes" to every response. The Extra episode where they made the movie was kinda ecchi in its own way with the "Your tearing me apart" "aaah"....man, was that ever perverted. Though what was actually going on was completely different. I liked the way her face was when she was in the movie, it was pretty cute.
sumowow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-24, 23:15   Link #13
Mizuno
Undefined

I guess the motto to the story is 'be careful what you wish for'. Chapter 7 reminded me a bit of the Monkey's Paw which I read as a kid, where the parents was wishing the son to come back after he got into a messy accident and he came back as a monster.

I won't argue that Fran wants to 'save' lives, but the way she does it is twisted. Like in the recent chapter, she basically sewed back all the torn bodies together, that's just messed up. She obviously can't see that people being 'brought back to life' are in a living hell. Which begs the question, does Fran have a human heart, not the physical one but does she even understand the feelings of others?

The only thing that can be more messed up is her performing experiments on herself.
Old 2008-07-24, 23:23   Link #14
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Obviously she couldn't understand the "human culture". She understand some human values through

Well, it's really obvious, i means: ever she done anything that can be considered as normal in our medical understanding

PS: i love her dizzy/space-out/sleepy mode ( with several flying burbles near and around her face )
Old 2008-07-29, 09:00   Link #15
snoopy
SnoopyCool.com

Just to let you guys know (I randomly saw this thread on google as I was lurking for fran fan art, which there is a surprisingly large amount). We've actually decided to clarify the eye chapter with what we believe to be the true nature of the girl that the artist sees.

We believe her to be the same kind of creature as Saya from Saya no Uta.

"Saya no Uta" synopsis can be found here
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saya_no_uta

Support Reason (from a forum post at SC that brought this to our attention:
>The story is match perfectly.
- The protagonist has abnormal perception from surgery.
- He found a beautiful girl.
>Left 3rd picture from above in page 17 is show something. I assume that it is part of mysterious girl's real form

Clearly I don't play enough weird bishoujo games or I would have noticed this. I've been meaning to add an explanation page to the recent releases for well over 2 months with this information for everyone to read... hopefully I won't forget this time.
snoopy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-29, 09:29   Link #16
umsani

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Obviously she couldn't understand the "human culture". She understand some human values through

Well, it's really obvious, i means: ever she done anything that can be considered as normal in our medical understanding

PS: i love her dizzy/space-out/sleepy mode ( with several flying burbles near and around her face )
sorry if they are offtopic but we can see a film of Battle Angel? http://www.flymage.com/battle-angel.html
umsani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-07-30, 06:24   Link #17
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by umsani View Post
sorry if they are offtopic but we can see a film of Battle Angel? http://www.flymage.com/battle-angel.html
To say the truth , i don't understand your question/ what you means =/
Old 2008-07-30, 11:12   Link #18
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
So I been catching up with this manga since I don't know when but not that I am too much of a fan of Yandere. The series is somewhat entertaining, and not that I really get any feelings from reading gore but yea. Anyways Fran is definitely not as awesome as Saya in my opinions.
Old 2008-07-30, 11:17   Link #19
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Which Saya ? May I ask?
She is not Yandere in my dictionary; but well i may be wrong

PS:*Hi5 as an Misaki Fan*
Old 2008-07-30, 11:21   Link #20
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
Which Saya ? May I ask?
She is not Yandere in my dictionary; but well i may be wrong

PS:*Hi5 as an Misaki Fan*
沙耶 from Saya no Uta. You probably getting the wrong one, the series is famous for her as Yandere and much moe... at least to me. The game isn't translated in English just so you know. Well someone brought it up in the upper post saying Fran and Saya is the same species so I commented on it.

Tags
horror, shounen