AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-07-30, 19:25   Link #381
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

god after the last episode i have the sudden urge to watch hentais
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-30, 22:39   Link #382
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I kind of viewed it like, plugging in an hair dryer or a toaster into a 75watt voltage transformer. Or... never mind, I'm thinking too technical here
Go on~! I could no longer relate and already yawning about too much ecchi and yuri talk here :ducks and goes on defensive:

.............Peace out Officers~! I know Ecchi & Yuri is fun~

Which reminds me, where's TK & the other Tech guys? They haven't been dropping by these days or maybe I'm not browsing enough..

Quote:
Er yeah basically what I mean is, there is something like a minimum system requirements, a certain magic level is required for the use of the Jet. Which is why Lucchini-chan had that reaction while Trudy didn't. But this labels Lucchini-chan as:

-Weak. Not enough magic. UNDER 9000 (blasphemy!)
-More so I think Lucchini-chan's lazy nature or easygoing attitude wasn't really full strength, after all she was sleeping, having woke up then jump right in, whilst Trudy, obviously wide awake and ready was okay....

Probably, but considering the speeds of a Jet engine, someone as fit as Trude should be the staple for jet witches.. I'm imagining the greater G-Loads a witch would experience.

But, I think they're all fit enough except maybe the 3 who had training with granny..

Anyway, Francesca doesn't like Jets it seems or at least their sounds.. (remember the Warlock?)
Hope she doesn't become an old Geezer once her grand daughters go streaking with jets and making sonic booms all over the place~

Quote:
Minna-chan kindly boots Eiko off my devices.

No one dare question my devotion now
I used to be a Minna lover too... but now I'm a floating officer confused which witch to love

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-08-01 at 03:11.
pauldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 00:55   Link #383
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
:ducks and goes on defensive:
/me activates his Multiple Pantsu Launcher System and bombards pauldy's fortifications.

Quote:
Probably, but considering the speeds of a Jet engine, someone as fit as Trude should be the staple for jet witches.. I'm imagining the greater G-Loads a witch would experience.

But, I think they're all fit enough except maybe the 3 who had training with granny..
At first I thought it had to do with abilities, I believe it was mentioned once that the Strikers were tuned to their respective witches. I don't think it's like anyone can ride, say Perrine-chan's

But I do think it mostly has to do with the fitness of the witch. As I mentioned earlier, Lucchini-chan isn't exactly the strongest or most physically gifted, as she does spend a lot of time lazing around. Magic levels/experience, clearly Trudy has seen more action and has her own training routine, which one wonders if she sleeps at all (compared to her counterpart Erica-chan, for example). So it's like.... putting a jet engine (Jet Striker) in a Mini Cooper car (Lucchini-chan). With a small fuel tank, of course it's going to demand a lot out of the Mini Cooper at a faster rate than if you were to put the jet engine on a Airbus A380. The smaller "fuel tank" will feel a sudden faster rate of decline (Lucchini-chan's shocked feeling) than when Trudy jumped into the engine (her "fuel tank" being plenty larger) giving her a more satisfactory feeling (which we can now see that Trudy can fly for days or maybe weeks without rest using her usual Striker)

Quote:
Anyway, Francesca doesn't like Jets it seems or at least their sounds.. (remember the Warlock?)
That could be it too, but she doesn't seem to have a problem with Shirley's Merlin's. In fact she can sleep through Shirley's lengthy warmups

Quote:
I used to be a Minna lover too... but now I'm a floating officer confused which witch to love
As long as you don't try to take her from me Now I shall direct you towards Sanya-chan, but then you'd have to duel against the local Sanya-fan here
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 03:12   Link #384
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
/me activates his Multiple Pantsu Launcher System and bombards pauldy's fortifications.
You'll have to go through my Geeky and dorky PAC-3 SAM system first~

Quote:
At first I thought it had to do with abilities, I believe it was mentioned once that the Strikers were tuned to their respective witches. I don't think it's like anyone can ride, say Perrine-chan's
Now, that would be odd. I'm thinking Striker Units were like any other military equipment that can be swap with other personnel.

Quote:
But I do think it mostly has to do with the fitness of the witch. As I mentioned earlier, Lucchini-chan isn't exactly the strongest or most physically gifted, as she does spend a lot of time lazing around. Magic levels/experience, clearly Trudy has seen more action and has her own training routine, which one wonders if she sleeps at all (compared to her counterpart Erica-chan, for example). So it's like.... putting a jet engine (Jet Striker) in a Mini Cooper car (Lucchini-chan). With a small fuel tank, of course it's going to demand a lot out of the Mini Cooper at a faster rate than if you were to put the jet engine on a Airbus A380. The smaller "fuel tank" will feel a sudden faster rate of decline (Lucchini-chan's shocked feeling) than when Trudy jumped into the engine (her "fuel tank" being plenty larger) giving her a more satisfactory feeling (which we can now see that Trudy can fly for days or maybe weeks without rest using her usual Striker)
Perhaps we can call the Jumo engines of that Striker Unit "magic energy guzzlers"

Jet Engines (except the High-Bypass Turbofans) eat more fuel anyways as compared to Propeller Piston Engines..

But thinking about it.. Fracesca's lighter than Trude.. If she can somehow get used to the Me-262 Striker, she'd have a better Thrust-to-weight ratio than with Trude using it. Maybe that's why likes of Helma flies the production models of the Striker.
Although ideally (and i highly believe), the weight of girls would be insignificant.

Just a thought since flying usually considers weight even to the last gram.. Just like how pilots calculate so much just to get their V-speeds and estimated fuel burn, etc..

But yep, this is Magic after all so let's leave it to that ^^

On side note, GP7000 engines are much larger than a Mini Cooper. If the Cooper car has an engine as big as that, it might not start at all

Going back to Trude, she seems to be the only one who acts like a real soldier.. I'm starting to like her because of this.. a Tsundere soldier maybe..

Quote:
That could be it too, but she doesn't seem to have a problem with Shirley's Merlin's. In fact she can sleep through Shirley's lengthy warmups
It's not about the loudness, it's the sound itself..
Maybe for Francesca, jet engines sounded like whistling and blowing demons..

but then again.. Why would she want to try out the Me262 Striker first?

Hmm.. maybe it's not that she disliked Jet engines.. what an inconsistent thought i had in mid my bad.. sorry
Well she grew up being accustomed to Reciprocating engines after all ^^

Quote:
As long as you don't try to take her from me Now I shall direct you towards Sanya-chan, but then you'd have to duel against the local Sanya-fan here
Sanya has so much fans already, I don't want to wage war against them hahaha

I think I'll be sticking to the girls we don't know much..
Heidemarie and Georgette I like them

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-08-01 at 03:12.
Old 2010-07-31, 03:32   Link #385
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by maelstormCaT View Post
jet engine was invented after WW2... so as a prototype, i was expecting it to crash and burn since the beggining ;p
Might wanna brush up on your aviation history a bit.

They were deployed in small number near the end of the war, not after.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_g...on_jet_fighter

Some things aren't as new as you think, not even stealth fighter bombers:

The stealth part was confirmed by Northrop-Grumman to actually work, those Nazi's were waaaay ahead of their time.

Oh, and night vision sniper scopes too:
Zielgerät 1229 "Vampir"
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 04:14   Link #386
mangatron

phone post

The stealth research during those times were amazing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauldy View Post
You'll have to go through my Geeky and dorky PAC-3 SAM system first~

Quote:
Now, that would be odd. I'm thinking Striker Units were like any other military equipment that can be swap with other personnel.
Well I'm basing this on the fact that the witches Strikers' are tuned to their magic, so I would assume that if another witch were to use someone else's Striker, it would be 100% efficient. (For example when Miyafuji wore Mio's Striker, it still gave off Mio's trace)

Quote:
Perhaps we can call the Jumo engines of that Striker Unit "magic energy guzzlers" Jet Engines (except the High-Bypass Turbofans) eat more fuel anyways as compared to Propeller Piston Engines. ...But yep, this is Magic after all so let's leave it to that ^^
Well.... they're not exactly Jet engines, they just quickly suck up a lot more magic at once and expend it just as fast just like the propellers on the current Strikers, they are magic, not wooden

Quote:
Going back to Trude, she seems to be the only one who acts like a real soldier.. I'm starting to like her because of this.. a Tsundere soldier maybe..
Tsundere soldier I thought that was primarily Perrine-chan.

Quote:
Hmm.. maybe it's not that she disliked Jet engines.. what an inconsistent thought i had in mid my bad.. sorry
Well she grew up being accustomed to Reciprocating engines after all ^^
She doesn't seem to have a problem with a Neuroi's scream, so...

Quote:
Sanya has so much fans already, I don't want to wage war against them hahaha I think I'll be sticking to the girls we don't know much..
Heidemarie and Georgette I like them
Heh it's suicide waging war against the Sanya-chan fans I mean, I thought my 600MB+ pics of Strike Witches was enough, but seeing the pics of the recent pages I just don't have enough
Old 2010-07-31, 04:28   Link #387
Joe4evr
(Ex-)Seitenkan VN coder

Location: Slightly south-west of the exact center of this country's X and Y axes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
god after the last episode i have the sudden urge to watch hentais
Well, you could watch the first SonoHana OVA which was released just yesterday, you'd just need to wait a bit for the subs to come out.

I mean, uhm... How 'bout them Strike Witches.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Jet engine... How can that fly without a propeller.
Are you being serious or sarcastic here?
Joe4evr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 09:06   Link #388
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
Some things aren't as new as you think, not even stealth fighter bombers:
Perhaps the Ho-229 influenced the design of the XB-49, which eventually found its way to the B-2.

Quote:
The stealth part was confirmed by Northrop-Grumman to actually work, those Nazi's were waaaay ahead of their time.
The Germans seem to have a knack in innovation.. I remember the BF109 was also the first aircraft to have Automatic Leading Edge Slats (? dunno the exact military term..) that deploy when in tight turns enhancing maneuverability. Such feature is common now in Modern High Agility aircraft.

Quote:

Well I'm basing this on the fact that the witches Strikers' are tuned to their magic, so I would assume that if another witch were to use someone else's Striker, it would be 100% efficient. (For example when Miyafuji wore Mio's Striker, it still gave off Mio's trace)
Maybe it's a sort of Magic Energy Signature.. somehow being similar to a Transponder..

Quote:
Well.... they're not exactly Jet engines, they just quickly suck up a lot more magic at once and expend it just as fast just like the propellers on the current Strikers, they are magic, not wooden
Perhaps Magic energy is fed to the highly compressed hot air produced by the Jet engine but then again, the witch has to be careful to avoid roasting her tail if that were the case xD

So maybe it's pure Magic energy that's being blown out of the engine after all.

Quote:
Tsundere soldier I thought that was primarily Perrine-chan.
Serious types of girls in denial are Tsundere too ^

Quote:
She doesn't seem to have a problem with a Neuroi's scream, so...
Maybe a Neuroi's scream for Francesca or any other witch for that matter is like "Come go and shoot me Lolis~! errr..... Babes!"
That's why she's not scared^

Quote:
Heh it's suicide waging war against the Sanya-chan fans I mean, I thought my 600MB+ pics of Strike Witches was enough, but seeing the pics of the recent pages I just don't have enough
That's why I'd stick now to unpopular witches~ Avoiding war at all costs

I'll be a Heidimarie lover now as with my Avvy~

I love the fact that she also has Magic needles =D (Sanya fan in denial? LOL... NOT) and.. her BF110 Striker looks so cool to me I like Heavy fighters ^^
or perhaps I like her boobiness So Booby Girl plus Heavy class Striker unit goes well I'll say and oh .. Glasses bonus too~

and oh,Georgette too. I'm interested to the fact that her appetite goes up after using her healing magic ^^

All in all, I hope both of them appear this season ^^

Last edited by pauldy; 2010-08-01 at 03:13.
Old 2010-07-31, 09:21   Link #389
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Really cute and enjoyable episode, even though I KNEW a Jet Striker Pack would mean a speed-duel and rivalry specifically against Charlotte. So incredibly cliched, but it was nice to see the girls backing eachother like that. And the twin-mindblower.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 10:49   Link #390
Qikz

Did Charlotte break the sound barrier near the end of the episode? She seemed to not realise she's gone the fastest she's ever gone though, I wonder if she'll celebrate next episode.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 14:00   Link #391
Ryan-minds

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Really cute and enjoyable episode, even though I KNEW a Jet Striker Pack would mean a speed-duel and rivalry specifically against Charlotte. So incredibly cliched, but it was nice to see the girls backing eachother like that. And the twin-mindblower.
I was also aware of it, but ever since I saw the preview for episode 3 and the Gunbuster comparison of episode 1 of this season well it, ruined on view on the series
Ryan-minds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 14:47   Link #392
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post

Hard, fast, heavy hitting and powered shields! Now we need to mass-manufacture it.

Cute episode anyway. Sanya's one-liners are cute as usual. And funny that Ursula made an appearance...she must have been a neat freak as compared to her sister.

And LOL at Gertrud hugging Shirley's boobies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qikz View Post
Did Charlotte break the sound barrier near the end of the episode? She seemed to not realise she's gone the fastest she's ever gone though, I wonder if she'll celebrate next episode.
She did. The sound made is called a sonicboom - when something goes beyond the speed of sound, the energy transfer due to extra kinetic energy is turned into sound energy.

@ Hypernova :

The Vampir is actually a pre-decessor to the FLIR (Forward Looking Infra-Red). It simply consists of a IR-lamp and a camera without its IR filter.

You can try building one at home. Simply take an LED torchlight and replace all its diodes with IR ones, each will be about $0.50. Then take a old digital camera and remove the lens, and take out the blue film somewhere inside the construction. Put everything back, darken your room, shine your LED torch and you should be able to see everything in B&W.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 15:35   Link #393
Qikz

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
She did. The sound made is called a sonicboom - when something goes beyond the speed of sound, the energy transfer due to extra kinetic energy is turned into sound energy.
Thanks, I know what a Sonic Boom is, but I couldn't work out if it was from the Jet Striker or Charlotte. Thanks for clearing it up though. ^^
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-31, 19:24   Link #394
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
Quote:
@ Hypernova :

The Vampir is actually a pre-decessor to the FLIR (Forward Looking Infra-Red). It simply consists of a IR-lamp and a camera without its IR filter.

You can try building one at home. Simply take an LED torchlight and replace all its diodes with IR ones, each will be about $0.50. Then take a old digital camera and remove the lens, and take out the blue film somewhere inside the construction. Put everything back, darken your room, shine your LED torch and you should be able to see everything in B&W.
The special edition for Modern Warfare 2 actually came with one you can wear on your head. I thought long and hard about getting one but ultimately didn't since that edition is 360 only. It was a re packaged version of the "Cyclops" head set that looked rather goofy.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 07:49   Link #395
SanyaChan

i think its going to be like S1 at this rate,every episode staring 1 witch o.O episode 4 was barkhorn in s1 and S2 was the same o.O judging from episode 5 its shirely episode same as S1...On another note.......EPISODE 6 = SANYA EPISODE IF IT DOES YAY!!!!^_^is every episode is aired every wednesday ?? if so,nxt wed if they do show sanya episode,its just a week early before her actual birthday,18 august ^_^ *points at Sanya & eila Hime uta collection info on sanya's birthday*

and i didnt notice theres alot of sanya fans o.O i thought there was more of miyafuji/minna/erica/perinne O.O are there any eila fans here too ? o.O
SanyaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-01, 08:26   Link #396
Wrath88
Kissing...

Well, Eila kind of takes a backseat compared to Sanya, I think. We could use more episodes of her.

Rather cute how Shirley and Trudy fight over such small things.
Old 2010-08-01, 10:11   Link #397
pauldy
An F-15 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyaChan View Post
i think its going to be like S1 at this rate,every episode staring 1 witch o.O episode 4 was barkhorn in s1 and S2 was the same o.O judging from episode 5 its shirely episode same as S1
I'm thinking it would be more like a Francesca episode. ^^

Quote:
...On another note.......EPISODE 6 = SANYA EPISODE IF IT DOES YAY!!!!^_^is every episode is aired every wednesday ?? if so,nxt wed if they do show sanya episode,its just a week early before her actual birthday,18 august ^_^ *points at Sanya & eila Hime uta collection info on sanya's birthday*
I'm also thinking it could be Eila this time.. maybe with a bonus Nikka since they are in opposite characteristics when fighting, Eila the Evader and Nikka the Hit Taker.
Should it be about Sanya though, I hope Heidi appears too.. or maybe even more Highly unlikely, her comrade Aleksandra..

Anyways, Sanya = Night time IFR flying episode

Quote:
and i didnt notice theres alot of sanya fans o.O i thought there was more of miyafuji/minna/erica/perinne O.O are there any eila fans here too ? o.O
Shy and silent type lolis will always have lots of fans ^^ Hey, I kinda like Eila too~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Well, Eila kind of takes a backseat compared to Sanya, I think. We could use more episodes of her.
I think it's time for Eila, since her background wasn't elaborated in season 1..
I'm hoping for her past with Nikka perhaps?
Old 2010-08-02, 20:59   Link #398
SanyaChan

just wondering ~_~ is there any where that i can read SW manga such as strike witches 1.5??
SanyaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 22:00   Link #399
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
The special edition for Modern Warfare 2 actually came with one you can wear on your head. I thought long and hard about getting one but ultimately didn't since that edition is 360 only. It was a re packaged version of the "Cyclops" head set that looked rather goofy.
I thought that one is just a simple cheapskate blue-shift NVG. I built one out of my friend's PSP chotto-shot attached with a standalone 3x3 IR-LED flashlight powered by 2 AA-batteries. Not as effective since the PSP camera overheats easily.

Quote:
I kind of viewed it like, plugging in an hair dryer or a toaster into a 75watt voltage transformer. Or... never mind, I'm thinking too technical here
It should be "a power-drawn" instead of a "power-supplied" issue, so it would be plugging a 100 volt supply into a 230 volt requirement appliance....the potential difference is too high and causes a surge in electric current that shocked Lucchini.

Either that or it sent a feedback into her (Conservation of Energy) that shocked her.

Quote:
Er yeah basically what I mean is, there is something like a minimum system requirements, a certain magic level is required for the use of the Jet. Which is why Lucchini-chan had that reaction while Trudy didn't. But this labels Lucchini-chan as:

-Weak. Not enough magic. UNDER 9000 (blasphemy!)
-More so I think Lucchini-chan's lazy nature or easygoing attitude wasn't really full strength, after all she was sleeping, having woke up then jump right in, whilst Trudy, obviously wide awake and ready was okay....
Maybe Lucchini needs to exercise on Shirley's "fitness half-balls" before she's ready for combat.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-02, 22:55   Link #400
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Heh, I was wondering why Eila doesn't really get much attention, but that's only because anything that involves Sanya-chan we're sure to see Eila close by. So, how does it go, Sanya-chan ain't Sanya-chan without some Eila-chan. So If we want some Sanya-chan, we also get some Eila-chan, and if we want some Eila-chan, we'll get our two for one with some Sanya-chan too. My god, this paragraph might invade the "Jackie Chan" searches in search engines ....

Quote:
It should be "a power-drawn" instead of a "power-supplied" issue, so it would be plugging a 100 volt supply into a 230 volt requirement appliance....the potential difference is too high and causes a surge in electric current that shocked Lucchini.

Either that or it sent a feedback into her (Conservation of Energy) that shocked her.
Eh, I think that's kind of what I meant. A Hair Dryer or something like a toaster demands Watts in the thousands, and the transformers are rated by 75, 500, 1000 etc. But it would look confusing by what I said since I'm basing this on my experience in Germany, where some American stuff won't play nice with our round outlets, but Transformers do more than just convert, they also have power ratings and can transform into ca-...

A better example to use is one like yours, I will now hide

Quote:
Maybe Lucchini needs to exercise on Shirley's "fitness half-balls" before she's ready for combat.
You know... Lucchini is plenty physically gifted, thinking about it. See, how does she climb those high places? Remember episode 07 of Season 01? She outran all of them

So, hmm, her endurance is fine. I guess it's a matter of strength

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume