AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-12-28, 06:04   Link #2841
roxassora
High Ranker

I think the cover for chapter 99 is what will happen afterward since no help from sunwoo clan after the boom xD
roxassora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 06:29   Link #2842
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Spoiler for ch 99:
Spoiler for 99:
Old 2012-12-28, 07:28   Link #2843
Algent

So every car from the clan magically exploded ? ok, seem legit.
Algent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 07:36   Link #2844
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Probably not the car. Just happens that both were in the same place.
Old 2012-12-28, 07:59   Link #2845
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Algent View Post
So every car from the clan magically exploded ? ok, seem legit.
The SUC's cars were in the same place. It was mentioned a page or two before when Shioon says their cars are still here so they couldn't have left already. They must have loaded the cars up with explosives for that reason though honestly that seems like a big gamble since Sunwoo might have not bother coming that way.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 08:51   Link #2846
tsunade666

Nice twist for the SUC and also I, also wish to not see him into pathetic state too. And one of my prediction of him jumping come through but not using the inner ki strike because isn't he forbidden to use it? because if he use KI right now in the middle of medication. His ki organs will explode or something which will prevent him from using ki forever. What happen to that?
Old 2012-12-28, 09:06   Link #2847
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Nice twist for the SUC and also I, also wish to not see him into pathetic state too. And one of my prediction of him jumping come through but not using the inner ki strike because isn't he forbidden to use it? because if he use KI right now in the middle of medication. His ki organs will explode or something which will prevent him from using ki forever. What happen to that?
He can use ki, he just has to be really cautios about this and not overuse it.
Old 2012-12-28, 10:41   Link #2848
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Can someone tell me what happened to the classmate chick? Wasn't she kidnapped or something? Seems like they forgot about her entirely...
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 11:06   Link #2849
Johnny
Working the bags...

All the excitement was too much for her so she's taking a nap in the nurse's office atm...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 12:30   Link #2850
Xaturas

Breaker got actually good again. Can't wait for next chapter, because it seems that he will go ape shit at last.
Old 2012-12-28, 13:25   Link #2851
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Ah apart from the cover, the chapter was meh
Elder Jun is right they should've followed his lead and just ran if the head was in trouble...
Old 2012-12-28, 13:49   Link #2852
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
All the excitement was too much for her so she's taking a nap in the nurse's office atm...
Oh... thanks.
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 13:59   Link #2853
Xion Valkyrie

It's okay, being no-name is like being a redshirt, only thing they're good for is dying or getting beat up anyways.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 15:27   Link #2854
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richocet View Post
Ah apart from the cover, the chapter was meh
Elder Jun is right they should've followed his lead and just ran if the head was in trouble...
Are you kidding? The chapter was great. What Shioon did was pretty gutsy.

I was worried Shioon was going to do something dumb like give himself up so that the SUC would leave his friends alone.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 15:30   Link #2855
Ghanw
(-_-)

Atleast now the main plot is starting to go somewhere instead of the slow pace of nothing happening.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-28, 15:38   Link #2856
Richocet
Lover of Purity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Are you kidding? The chapter was great. What Shioon did was pretty gutsy.

I was worried Shioon was going to do something dumb like give himself up so that the SUC would leave his friends alone.
Don't get me wrong, I liked what Shioon did that but what kinda pissed me off was the other clan members taking their time in coming in their cars
And I hoped there might be a glimpse of the Alliance being notified of all that is happening
Old 2012-12-29, 02:54   Link #2857
Pacify

Oh hey wow, a chapter that wasn't completely boring. Hasn't been one of those for awhile :P
Pacify is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-29, 08:20   Link #2858
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
Atleast now the main plot is starting to go somewhere instead of the slow pace of nothing happening.
Okey... not saying you should be pessimistic about the series, but there is no indication we should be optimistic at this point either.

We have a ton of characters, a ton of plot points and a ton of "foreshadowing" (I use the term loosely). And it all might as well not exist. For the longest time we've had the "plot cam" focused solely on what is the most detached character from all the events and characters in the entire series—well yes sure, he is "important," as much as the plot would like to scream in your face he is. But how important is he really? How many characters actually care... besides the two dumb jackass characters who're pissed at Shioon for what is basically no logical reason.

And here's the problem. Because logically there's no legitimate correlation between characters (or plot) and Shioon, we thus we get all this very boring plot, because well, he lives a boring life, therefore everything has to be dumbed down to his boring life and boring view on life. In the first series it worked out because he was "the regular person," he served as the eyes of the reader, helping introduce the world and such in a very mundane way and helping facilitate explanations (since when you're in a top secret organization or former member of one, you just don't talk about it all the time). Lets just take examples, (probably the most shameful so far) the clan, probably the second most focused theme besides Shioon for a while, and I practically know just as much about the clan and how it works now as I did right at the beginning. Good job exposition! Then there's the characters, why is everyone in cryo-plot-stasis until Shioon is somehow in position to stand in from of the plot cam? Everyone is so much more interesting then Shioon. It's not even a matter of opinion, Shioon was essentially designed to be lifeless, loser, a complete blank state, for the purpose of having nine arts dragon actually do something that didn't involve him crushing face left and center. He IS the character that's specifically designed to be as stupid and uninteresting as possible compared to everyone else to give contrast. He's not a character that was ever designed to be interesting how he is; having him be a dumbass with powerful martial arts is his only saving grace and for whatever reason the series handicaps him there too.

But back to the chapter, and so called hope, lets see: (a) Shioon goes apeshit, then comes back to normal because as a badass character he just doesn't work (probably says some kiddy line again); (b) gramps dies or is hospitalized (because we like seeing hospital rooms! obviously!), but if it happens it will probably just go by Shioons zen mentality (c) Shioon gets injured, again, more sobbing and running is going to happen. Regardless one of the good guys invincible ones is going to come and haul everyones ass to safety; ensuring even more Shioon for another 6 months, which in consequence means everyone else will continue to sleep while their plot slowly rots (just look at 9AD's plot and how convoluted and twisted it's become; the first half might as well not have happened, since Shioon is the only link left).

I'll be optimistic on the series when Shioon gets some "master" character in his life. And I don't mean someone to teach him martial arts, what he needs is someone to teach him how to be a completely reckless vigilante. Because as dumb as those characters are too, at least plot moves around them, plot doesn't move around Shioon. Heck this series might as well have been called "Breaker: The Hospital" because that's how exciting the scenery has been. Either hospital rooms, reasons to go to the hospital, or various plot that leads to the hospital.

Fear not, this arc too will culminate in the all important hospital bed!
Old 2012-12-30, 10:12   Link #2859
chancs

^^ Yes the arc will end on the hospital bed

The clan is blasted in the plan. God, I am dying. At least show some cool punches? What is this with just a glimpse?
chancs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-31, 08:26   Link #2860
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghanw View Post
It's because if they move the story too fast they would have to think of more new villains and stuff. That's why this SUC stuff has been dragged out for the whole of part 2. I can only dread to think what will happen in part 3.

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves