AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Fate/ Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Fate/stay Night Episode 12 Rating
Perfect 10 53 34.64%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 55 35.95%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 33 21.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 10 6.54%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 0.65%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.65%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2006-03-25, 16:56   Link #61
molitar

Wow.. Nice attack from Excalibur. I don't mind if it is the end of Rider sorry but that outfit, ugly glasses, and her personality does not bring sexiness to my mind. Saber is way more sexier to me with her whole attitude and persona. Hmm.. but what about Ilya seems she's taken an interest in Shirou and once again approaches him to talk with him. And now Sakura since I haven't played much of the game yet (havent had much time but playing it some with AGTH) surprised me with that one screenshot that she knows much much more about what's going on.
molitar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 17:14   Link #62
F!reStr!fe
Unlimited Blade Works...

Send a message via AIM to F!reStr!fe
This episode is wow finally we get to see the Excalibur from Saber, but yea wait for the other Noble Phantasm's there are really cool ones.

My Current Animes: Welcome to the NHK, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni, Coyote Ragtime Show, Bokura Ga Ita, .hack//roots
F!reStr!fe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 17:17   Link #63
idofgrahf

Send a message via MSN to idofgrahf
I actually do mind because if she was killed, which seems to be the case then they are probably not going to tell you who she really is. (I personally knows but not everyone has played/finished the game). The # of eps i believe is 24 found here http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1...tay_night.html

Lacan/Grahf
idofgrahf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 17:24   Link #64
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife
Yes I saw Excaliber. Yes I saw her noble phantasm. Yes it was cool. But if you really think that's the best deal that's out there, you haven't come face to face to a reality marble yet... I can name 2-3 noble phantasms that are at least on par with hers as well. All in the Fate world. Impressive yes, but strongest no.
Why do you feel the need to refute the anime watchers? Leave them be and stop trying to ruin their enjoyment. So what if they say its the strongest, there is nothing in the anime atm to prove it right or wrong, stop correcting 'mistakes' or 'guesses' with game knowledge. It's like watching first three episodes of a fifty episode series and going, 'Wow HeroB is pretty cool!', and than someone like you who finished it will go, 'yeah, but too bad HeroB will get his ass kick later'.

This isn't the first time you done this crap, if you feel the need to impose your 'superiority' onto other people, back it with anime infomation, not backhanding game spoilers without explicitly spoiling.
ayyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 18:06   Link #65
Seska

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2
Sakura is not very popular in Japanese Fate
Does the name cames from the Bloom of a flowertree in some monthperiod in Japan only? Sakuratree flower?

Well, where i know that? ummm.... welll..... you see..... *gough* plaing date-sims *gough*

Mfg,
Seska

p.s. nao, tens medo. teu englesh e melore de meu. mas eu say mas falar almon melor..... Well, for this is portuges.. or sould be *g
Well in INet, the worl is really small. Mouseclicks to connect countrys miles away....
Seska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 19:18   Link #66
Moon Eclipse

Noooo!! This can't be happening T_T...

Good episode ^^, thought somehow I think they're either going to start Saruka's ark, or they're going to to a "the past of Saruka" episode. Somehow I just feel so gipped if I don't get a defined connection for the anime series
Moon Eclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 19:35   Link #67
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

any idea on why Rin goes to Sakura's house? Do Rin suspect that Sakura is somehow related to Rider perhaps?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 19:46   Link #68
ZeRoGravity

That was rather surprising with Saber noble phantasm, a range attack. I thought she would like jump and charge at Rider or something. I thought the beginning was a bit boring, i know it helps with the story and stuff but i didn't find it too intriguing, but it started to get better when the fight was about to start.

As for Rider coming back, maybe. After reading some posts depending where the story goes she can - HF - and also like some one mentioned there are too much things to reveal for a 24ep series, the writers has to take things out from the original game and see what fits with the anime. I wouldn't mind a 2nd season or ova or whatever of fsn for the other storyline, only if season 1 ends well with a some sort of opening, let say if the first season ends the holy grail war then i don't want a sequel , unless its ataraxia with pure comedy, like fumoffu, YAY!
Old 2006-03-25, 19:47   Link #69
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikimori Kazuki
any idea on why Rin goes to Sakura's house? Do Rin suspect that Sakura is somehow related to Rider perhaps?
Spoiler for Sakura & Rin:
Old 2006-03-25, 19:53   Link #70
Shikimori Kazuki
Angeloid Type β - Nymph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelsama
Spoiler for Sakura & Rin:
hm, really suspicous, somehow it even makes me think Rider wont die, but i guess i have to wait and see. .

Man, why did they bother showing Illya+Berserker, if i were to be Illya, i c Rider's gone and Saber's faint and theres Shirou helping Saber, i charge in with Berserker(1 stone hits 2 birds w00t xp) ....seems like Illya has a good side on her afterall, no?
Shikimori Kazuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 19:56   Link #71
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayyo
Why do you feel the need to refute the anime watchers? Leave them be and stop trying to ruin their enjoyment. So what if they say its the strongest, there is nothing in the anime atm to prove it right or wrong, stop correcting 'mistakes' or 'guesses' with game knowledge. It's like watching first three episodes of a fifty episode series and going, 'Wow HeroB is pretty cool!', and than someone like you who finished it will go, 'yeah, but too bad HeroB will get his ass kick later'.

This isn't the first time you done this crap, if you feel the need to impose your 'superiority' onto other people, back it with anime infomation, not backhanding game spoilers without explicitly spoiling.
If you were paying ANY amount of attention to what I was replying to, you might not have felt the need to go so far in your post as you did. But since you miss-quoted what happened, I don't feel the need to defend myself.
Old 2006-03-25, 21:11   Link #72
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

Spoiler for Episode 12:
I agree with whoever implied it first: Saber's noble phantasm is imba because it's ranged. Tell me I'm not the only one who got kamehame-flashbacks when it appeared.

First fight that's lacked atmosphere as well... which is bad, since that's what F/SN has been doing best til now: the atmosphere in the fights. I guess a lot of what killed it were the things that are just so cliched in shounen action series fight scenes: yelling out attacks, charging up attacks, etc, etc.

Overall verdict on this episode: this has really killed a lot of the potential I was hoping from this series from the beginning with some bad execution and poor choice of story direction... particularly for some of the characters. I'm hoping the rest of the series delivers to (in a sense) redeem itself after this ep.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 21:13   Link #73
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sorrow-K
Tell me I'm not the only one who got kamehame-flashbacks when it appeared.
I really don't wanna think about DBZ & F/SN together.. its not even worth it. ^^;
Old 2006-03-25, 21:19   Link #74
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Great Episode.
Saber used her ban-kai, and Shinji pulled the ol' "ignore-the-man-behind-the-curtain".
Story for this episode didn't seem to go anywhere until halfway through. First half sorta showed a little sexual tension between master and servant, but it felt off in terms of the pace of the series. The battle with rider made up for it, since Saber wasn't completely schooled.
Oh, did it bother anyone that they used the fighting lights a la GUNDAM?
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 22:16   Link #75
primalmx
ThE aUStRoPoLaDiAn

Send a message via AIM to primalmx Send a message via MSN to primalmx
WOW!! Except for the 1/2 half... where they even had a scene of "resting".... it was excellent. End scene was great... the little girl should come in and stomp shinji while saber is down :P

~prime
primalmx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 22:41   Link #76
Prodigious
Level 5 Haruhiist

Send a message via AIM to Prodigious Send a message via MSN to Prodigious Send a message via Yahoo to Prodigious
wtf was up with the park scene? While I appreciate that they are trying to integrate some humor into the series, it feels like they are cheapening the relationship between Shirou and Saber. It seems like they keep taking a serious step forward, but then two steps backward with these stupid jokes that play off of the "boy meets extremely cute but romantically ignorant girl" cliches.
Prodigious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-25, 22:56   Link #77
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I have to agree with you Prodigious. Just didn't feel right to me. I was hoping for better.
Old 2006-03-25, 23:28   Link #78
pw1388

Excalibur is so leet!!!!!! it's like the Tessaiga in Inuyasha.
pw1388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-26, 00:46   Link #79
ZeRoGravity

Quote:
I guess a lot of what killed it were the things that are just so cliched in shounen action series fight scenes: yelling out attacks, charging up attacks, etc, etc.
yea, i was like ftw? Yelling out the name of the attack was pretty lame to implement in at the end.

As for the preview, heh Illya looked like she was spreading Shirou's legs lol, shes pretty aggressive for a girl her age
Old 2006-03-26, 00:50   Link #80
kirjava
~kugetski~

Well this episode i gave an 8 out of 10. I mean the battle scene rocked between Saber and Rider. Seeing Sabers sword also rocked. Although i am a little curous as to why Berserker and that one girl were just standing around. But i geuss we'll find out in the next episode.
kirjava is offline   Reply With Quote