AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shuffle!

Notices

Old 2005-12-16, 22:41   Link #1
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Lightbulb Shuffle! Novels

Thread for discussing the Shuffle! novels Normal rules apply.

Please DO NOT quote entire posts; if you wish to refer to a previous post quote ONLY the parts relevant to your response. Please take care to quoting parts of the "Recovery" post; it is large and we don't want it repeated in every subsequent post!

Original Thread Credit: NeoSam
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2005-12-16, 22:42   Link #2
NightWish
…Nothing More
*Administrator

Cool Recovered Thread Content

NeoSam
2005-08-19, 09:22
These are the SHUFFLE! novels (for now):

http://img287.echo.cx/img287/8764/03shuffler17ak.jpg http://img287.echo.cx/img287/2362/04shufflen17ze.jpg http://img287.echo.cx/img287/4944/20040300000819ty.jpg http://img287.echo.cx/img287/9708/20040300000915fq.jpg http://www.kadokawa.co.jp/cover_b/20...0403000010.jpg http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/4140/kareha6aq.jpg

I'm not 100% sure about this, but from what I gathered these are character novels and everyone of these novels concentrates on one heroine and the love tale between her and Rin (If someone can verify this please do or at least correct me if this is wrong ).
2005-08-19, 09:54
These are the SHUFFLE! novels (for now):

<clipped out pics to save space>

Prediction: thread will die soon

Here, I'll keep it going for at least one more post!

What are these novels? Are they real novels, like hundred-page books? Or are they sort of short picture novels with a short story about the featured girl? I saw them listed on another site while looking for some stuff, and wasn't sure what they are exactly...
2005-08-19, 12:11
Hopfully someone might think about translating them for us.. *coughs out loud*
2005-08-19, 13:32

What are these novels? Are they real novels, like hundred-page books? Or are they sort of short picture novels with a short story about the featured girl? I saw them listed on another site while looking for some stuff, and wasn't sure what they are exactly...
It's probably a light novel with a few illustrations.
2005-08-19, 17:39
Do the novels split continuity or somehow maintain one timeline between all of them? As in, does each novel acknowledge the others' content in their story?
2005-08-19, 17:44

What are these novels? Are they real novels, like hundred-page books?

Yes novels with illustrations, every SHUFFLE! novel is about 200 pages.
2005-08-20, 00:44
now if only i can read it.
2005-08-20, 11:45
Another SHUFFLE! character novel but this time from a different publisher Jive-ltd (http://www.jive-ltd.co.jp)

For now from this publisher there is only one novel (I have no idea if there will be more from this publisher).

Link to site here: http://www.jive-ltd.co.jp/catalog/486176047X.html

Cover of the novel:

http://images-jp.amazon.com/images/P...1.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Very cute character designs
2005-08-23, 15:05
I'm really loving the art style for the novels - full of cuteness! >.<
2005-08-29, 09:02
Hmm...

NeoSam, From what you said that they are "character novels" I would think that they all the girls have their own Story, and focus more on that girl , But do you know if the Novels are connected in anyway..? e.g Story wise, to me this Doesn't seem that likey, but it could be that way.

Do the novels split continuity or somehow maintain one timeline between all of them? As in, does each novel acknowledge the others' content in their story?

Just Noticed this. Psieye I was thinking the same think, hopfuly someone can shed some light onto this Subject.
2005-08-29, 12:49
Sorry, maybe someone thats reading the novels can answer your question.

All I know (and I'm not that sure about it) that these are character novels and each of these novels concentrate on one heroine, and I have no idea about the flow of the story, is the story connected between these novels or do they have seperate stories in each of these novels? I would like to know that myself.

I don't know if this happens to others too, but everytime I ask someone that knows japanese about reading bishoujo manga or bishoujo novels, they get this weird looks on their faces. was this a weird question or what? I have no idea, and I always get an answer with 2 words in it: "no" and "cliche".

I'm really really starting to hate this word "cliche".
2005-08-29, 13:34

The answer is yes. All five novels maintains the same timeline as far as I know. Also their stories are all post-games ones, meaning in this timeline all the events of the game (save the endings) have already happened (You would've got a clue if you look at Sia and Nerine's cover anyway ).
2005-09-06, 03:44
The answer is yes. All five novels maintains the same timeline as far as I know. Also their stories are all post-games ones, meaning in this timeline all the events of the game (save the endings) have already happened (You would've got a clue if you look at Sia and Nerine's cover anyway ).

Thats Nice to hear Primula is the on the last Cover So could that be hinting towards something
I've always wonder if any Novels based on anime/games have ever been translated, Mabye Shuffle has a Chance, People were saying that it was a long shot to think that the game would be translated but its happening Now as well as the Manga So mabye we really could see a Translated version of the Novel.

Mabye I asking for to much
2005-09-13, 14:22
Yes Yes Yes another volume of the novel will be released.

The volumes of the SHUFFLE! novel that are released by Kadokawa:

1st volume: Sia on the cover.
2nd volume: Nerine on the cover.
3rd volume: Kaede on the cover.
4th volume: Asa on the cover.
5th volume: Primula on the cover.

And sometime in October the 6th volume will be released and it will be about Kareha "oh my my" . the cover is not available now, but when its available I'll post about it and also add it to the first post.

Ahh I'm really hoping that there will be also another volume about Mayumi
2005-09-13, 20:24
Hmm.. I'm happy I guess though I thought Primula on the last Cover would mean Primula would Win
If they have Kareha on the cover, I would think that they would have to have Mayumi.

So far there is a Novel & anime & Manga and a Second... game.
I always wonder if in them a different girl will end up with Rin in end for the Novel/anime/manga, But then again, we have the Tick Tack game, So that could mean that was Nerine Chance and Now the other Girls are up with the Chance of ending up with Rin.

Still there will be one girls missing out if what I Say, is right So who would that be.....?? O.O

Not Primula I think she will get her Chance in the anime , if Not there the manga since if it doesn't all get translated at least I can look at the picture but if she ends up with Rin in the Novel, Its going to be hard to make out what happened
2005-09-14, 08:21
So far there is a Novel & anime & Manga and a Second... game. I always wonder if in them a different girl will end up with Rin in end for the Novel/anime/manga, But then again, we have the Tick Tack game, So that could mean that was Nerine Chance and Now the other Girls are up with the Chance of ending up with Rin.

Yeah I'm hoping for the same thing; Rin ending up with a different girl in the manga/novel/anime, But I can't deny this, what I really want is Rin ending up with Kaede in the anime, manga and novel

No matter what I really hope he ends up with someone in the end and not to have one of those endings (open ending) that will make me really angry (the manga/novel/anime will have no ending just to make you buy the game, if this is the case then that will really suck).
2005-10-18, 10:41
Volume 6 of the novel ( the one with Kareha on the cover ^^ ) will be released on 25/10/2005 , I'll post the cover once its out ^^
2005-10-20, 13:13
And this is the cover of the 6th volume of the novel

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/4140/kareha6aq.jpg

Release day: 25/10/2005

I also added it to the first post with the other volumes of the SHUFFLE! novel :P
2005-10-20, 16:28
And this is the cover of the 6th volume of the novel

http://img466.imageshack.us/img466/4140/kareha6aq.jpg

Release day: 25/10/2005

I also added it to the first post with the other volumes of the SHUFFLE! novel :P

hehe kareha is so cute
2005-10-31, 19:47
btw is there a torrent file to get every page of the novel?
NightWish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 06:04   Link #3
tea_servant

Send a message via MSN to tea_servant Send a message via Yahoo to tea_servant
nice!!! i will be happy if

Spoiler:
tea_servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-04, 13:10   Link #4
Rin-Kun
RRR/AAA Member

Send a message via AIM to Rin-Kun Send a message via MSN to Rin-Kun Send a message via Yahoo to Rin-Kun
Or if i
Spoiler for :
Rin-Kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 01:56   Link #5
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
or if i can
Spoiler:
SnakeLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-10, 04:59   Link #6
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

They're available via Amazon.co.jp for sure.... I ordered a few as part of another batch just to see what they were about. Basically text novels with the occasional illustration. Kanji galore.... its gone on my shelf of "things to read when my skill level is sufficient".
Old 2006-02-12, 01:39   Link #7
tea_servant

Send a message via MSN to tea_servant Send a message via Yahoo to tea_servant
Spoiler for angry:

got any eng shuffle! novels?

Last edited by tea_servant; 2006-02-12 at 01:45. Reason: 1 more quesion
tea_servant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-03-22, 09:20   Link #8
NeoSam

These are the SHUFFLE! novel volumes (for now there are 7 volumes released of this novel):

This is the official novel thats published by Kadokawa.
Old 2006-03-26, 22:34   Link #9
SweetSpring
Garden of Tsubaki
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to SweetSpring
WOW!!!!!!!!!!! where you find it??? nerine~
SweetSpring is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels