AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Mahouka

Notices

Old 2014-02-12, 18:09   Link #221
Mentar
Banned

SKIRTGATE!!!!!

Will the anime recover from the alleged scandalous skirt length change done by anime illustrator Ishida Kana from the Light Novel illustrator Ishida Kana? Here's the inside scoop!

Spoiler:

Ohnoes!
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 18:39   Link #222
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
SKIRTGATE!!!!!

Will the anime recover from the alleged scandalous skirt length change done by anime illustrator Ishida Kana from the Light Novel illustrator Ishida Kana? Here's the inside scoop!

Spoiler:

Ohnoes!
Quote:
yet-unquoted official LN animations
Don't you mean illustrations? That second one is arguable and that last one was from Yuutousei, whic is pretty crappy in terms of illustrations.

Well, then this much better. At least, the illustrator didn't deviate from the LN, but I wish she'd be a little more consistent, but after reading the manga I can't help but think that it'd look better reaching the knees.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 18:46   Link #223
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
Don't you mean illustrations?
Illustrations, yes.

Quote:
That second one is arguable [...]
Please. That's not where the knee is.

Quote:
[...] and that last one was from Yuutousei, whic is pretty crappy in terms of illustrations.
The last one is from LN 7, not Yuutousei. Hell, if I went through the manga (also by Ishida Kana), I could deliver a dozen more examples of the skirt being WAY over the knee. Seriously man, relax a bit. You're seeing something that simply isn't there, the skirt length could also be caused by stuff like winter/summer uniforms. Nobody is "changing" the art here, the artwork you're objecting to is from a magazine illustration, not the anime. And I'm positively certain that the skirt length is not going to have a major impact on the quality of the anime.

Last edited by Mentar; 2014-02-12 at 18:58.
Old 2014-02-12, 18:51   Link #224
hinode

I must say, this is the first time I've seen someone concerned over the length of a skirt when you're not seeing any skin either way due to the girls wearing pants/tights under them.
hinode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 19:09   Link #225
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinode View Post
I must say, this is the first time I've seen someone concerned over the length of a skirt when you're not seeing any skin either way due to the girls wearing pants/tights under them.
I find it amusing since actually the images so far have shown us the dresses are just past knee length for the anime and not ankle length, the image on the previous page with the 3 shows it well enough.
Just have to look at Mari in the smaller picture to see.
And if one brings up Erika in said image then thats just perspective since she's lifting her leg up it's obviously gonna look further down her leg.

So all in all the dress length discussion is not necessary as there is nothing to worry about.
Altho I wouldn't say there wouldn't be times within the run of the anime that dress length would "change" at times, the anime animation world isn't perfect after all.

Now if one actually did bring up the argument of the uniforms not showing enough skin then I would honest to god roll my eyes

Anyway totally looking forward to this can't wait and should be totally awesome!
Bring on the "Shiba-sibling-fascination"!
Old 2014-02-12, 20:39   Link #226
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Illustrations, yes.

Please. That's not where the knee is.

The last one is from LN 7, not Yuutousei. Hell, if I went through the manga (also by Ishida Kana), I could deliver a dozen more examples of the skirt being WAY over the knee. Seriously man, relax a bit. You're seeing something that simply isn't there, the skirt length could also be caused by stuff like winter/summer uniforms. Nobody is "changing" the art here, the artwork you're objecting to is from a magazine illustration, not the anime. And I'm positively certain that the skirt length is not going to have a major impact on the quality of the anime.
There are no winter or summer uniforms. I looked through the manga and saw a lot where it didn't go over the knee. As I said, as long as she kept it consistent, I got no problem, but I do feel a little let down.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 22:46   Link #227
Dekomori Sanae
Twintail Twister!

Quote:
Guys, this is the official design from the Light Novels. It is even explained there, pointing out that at the time of the story, conventions about decency in clothing have changed, and that it's considered inappropriate to show naked flesh.
The LN author must've been pretty messed up in the head to come up with such a plain awful scenario in the first place. Hooray, let's all go back to the dark middle ages!
If he likes ankle-lenght skirts so much, why doesn't he move to the Middle East? He would really have a field day there.

Anyway, look at the official preview image for the anime, the skirts definitely are ankle lenght there:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Detail:

You can only fit a palm between the end of the skirt and her boot there, and because she's throwing her foot up, the skirt went up a bit - which means that it actually is still longer and full ankle-lenght.
Dekomori Sanae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 23:11   Link #228
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
There is absolutely nothing wrong with longer skirts. There's too many anti-gravity miniskirts in anime anyways, and upskirt shots are so out of meta. I mean what if they, god forbid, wore pants?

Though I am more concerned about the outlining of the female characters' curves. That's where pro pervs go.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 23:12   Link #229
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Main girl has long hair +1. Don't give a feck about skirt length. Though the incest vibes is a major turnoff, since it's Madhouse I'll give it a shot, but if it's as bad as Photo Kano instadropped. I have no tolerance for LN shitdaptions.
Pocari_Sweat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 23:13   Link #230
Verisimilitude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekomori Sanae View Post
The LN author must've been pretty messed up in the head to come up with such a plain awful scenario in the first place. Hooray, let's all go back to the dark middle ages!
If he likes ankle-lenght skirts so much, why doesn't he move to the Middle East? He would really have a field day there.
Dude, stop overreacting. You may not like the design, but seriously? It's just a frigging ankle length skirt.
Verisimilitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 23:15   Link #231
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

clearly those who complain long shirt is simply miniskirt fanatic since they cannot see patsu or zettai ryouiki
RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 23:20   Link #232
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
clearly those who complain long shirt is simply miniskirt fanatic since they cannot see patsu or zettai ryouiki
Lol, well, I actually have quite a thing for zettai ryouiki though I don't think female characters should have to parade themselves around all the time.

I know LNs and dignity tend to be water and oil, but let's applaud attempts to be otherwise!

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-12, 23:57   Link #233
leokiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Main girl has long hair +1. Don't give a feck about skirt length. Though the incest vibes is a major turnoff, since it's Madhouse I'll give it a shot, but if it's as bad as Photo Kano instadropped. I have no tolerance for LN shitdaptions.
Kinda weird comparing a low-profile VN that was bound to be shit to a high-profile LN, even if they are from the same studio.

Though I understand your concern. This particular LN has a lot of text. A LOT. So instead of annoying romcoms hijinks you are gonna get info dumps every episode, sometimes even covering its entirety. Though, plot-wise, Mahouka is above average for a LN. But that's not saying much.
leokiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 00:00   Link #234
Ultragunner

LOL LMAO!! ' oh gosh, my sign is hurting. Seriously?? Uniform debate???

Yeah, there won't be any panties shot, but you've got to admit that the uniforms really do emphasize on the curves of the body which is a feast for the eye already IMO . Not to mention the jackets (is that how you call it? ) look greatly elegant
Old 2014-02-13, 02:54   Link #235
pampz21
ShipCore

Wow...skirts??!!

Cant you guys pick any other topic;if you want ecchi moments Erika will give them to you#! So dont worry

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 04:09   Link #236
CatRules
Shipper

I just noticed........

who's the one putting "imouto-sama best girl" tag!?
Old 2014-02-13, 04:34   Link #237
Seitsuki
Onee!

TAKE A GUESS

Also I am very ok with the skirt length, this way none of you can oogle my waifu
Old 2014-02-13, 04:40   Link #238
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
TAKE A GUESS

Also I am very ok with the skirt length, this way none of you can oogle my waifu
Lol Miyuki cant be oogle but Erika can?
Thats BS#!

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-13, 05:27   Link #239
Mentar
Banned

The funny thing is: Those people with a faible for Zettai Ryouiki will be gifted by Miyuki ... think "scenes at home".

So it's not like Erika is going to be the sole provider of fanservice.
Old 2014-02-13, 07:19   Link #240
Yellow Turban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekomori Sanae View Post
the author made beach chapter and all the heroine wear swimsuits and Bikinis. that weird if they forgot public morality.
Yellow Turban is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, futuristic setting, hard fantasy, mahouka, scientific magic, supernatural