AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-09-11, 21:28   Link #521
IceHism

Now I got a +hp and -atk brave Roy. Lul.
Oddly I feel that my minus -spd Roy is better. 43 speed with darting +cav is still enough to double most of the game but 54 atk with hone cav might not be enough to proc heavy blade on infernal ghb or TT. I can always give him life and death I suppose but not sure if he wants to be squishy.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 16:19   Link #522
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Me personally I think Green/Raven+/TA/QR/decent DEF mages are just too good as anti-meta units right now, but if you have fully outfitted a Boey, Merric, and FRobin with them, then go for it.
I agree that they're good, but good lord I Roy is almost as rare as Hinata for me. Only gotten 2, one of which I fed to Nowi right when SI came out. So at best, I can give it to one of them. My Merric is already 5-star (and +ATK), but... he's Merric. My Boey has a meh/bad IV (+RES/-DEF), and FRobin would cost a ton of feathers between her own needs and the Gronnraven+.

Maybe if we get an Infernal tier Robin in the next Robin run, I might just make a 4-star+5. Maybe. That's basically a 5-star, but with the option for cheaper upgrades in the future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Now I got a +hp and -atk brave Roy. Lul.
Oddly I feel that my minus -spd Roy is better. 43 speed with darting +cav is still enough to double most of the game but 54 atk with hone cav might not be enough to proc heavy blade on infernal ghb or TT. I can always give him life and death I suppose but not sure if he wants to be squishy.
The more runs of this Tempest Trial I do, the more I realize how doubling 39 speed (base 34 + 6 from Hone Cavalry + 4 from various Swifts) isn't cutting it. There's too many 40 and 41 speed enemies I keep encountering. I'm almost feeling like Darting Blow might be the way to go, as LaD still misses 41 doubles.

Just not sure if this is isolated or if this would carry over to Arena and the like as well.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 16:51   Link #523
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I agree that they're good, but good lord I Roy is almost as rare as Hinata for me. Only gotten 2, one of which I fed to Nowi right when SI came out. So at best, I can give it to one of them. My Merric is already 5-star (and +ATK), but... he's Merric. My Boey has a meh/bad IV (+RES/-DEF), and FRobin would cost a ton of feathers between her own needs and the Gronnraven+.

Maybe if we get an Infernal tier Robin in the next Robin run, I might just make a 4-star+5. Maybe. That's basically a 5-star, but with the option for cheaper upgrades in the future.

The more runs of this Tempest Trial I do, the more I realize how doubling 39 speed (base 34 + 6 from Hone Cavalry + 4 from various Swifts) isn't cutting it. There's too many 40 and 41 speed enemies I keep encountering. I'm almost feeling like Darting Blow might be the way to go, as LaD still misses 41 doubles.

Just not sure if this is isolated or if this would carry over to Arena and the like as well.
I don't think it'd carry over to arena cause TT and GHB have highly inflated stats. You're also not getting to 740 aa(this is full of armors and dragons anyways) with horses or even close so i doubt you'll have to deal with heavily merged units

Have you tried the +1 speed seal?
Old 2017-09-12, 17:12   Link #524
GDB

+1 speed is unfortunately permanently glued to Nowi for my defense team. It almost always brings a win, so I don't mess with it.

That is true about the arena ranking though. I'm currently in the 680 (minimum) to 688 range, though trying to inch that up a little bit (at leas the minimum, if nothing else). Can't recall what speeds I generally see there. Then again, not sure if I'd really switch Xander out for Roy or not, since it's really nice to be able to bait and QR kill enemies with Xander. Guess if I ever decided to swap Priscilla out Xander might go with her...
Old 2017-09-12, 18:21   Link #525
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:

TT units always had inflated stats, player units in arena won't have as many. Speaking of speed, desperation Nino with Eirika buffs kills almost all non red unit and Reinhardt with a dancer can take care of them, resulting in incredibly easy 7 maps.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 20:59   Link #526
GDB

I used a Blade team focusing on Blarblade Lucina for like 2-3 months. Got boring, in all honesty. I think I can enjoy Horse Emblem so much because Priscilla is my #2 from FE7, Lyn #1 overall, and I happened to get a good Olwen so I'm not forced to use Reinhardt.
Old 2017-09-13, 12:39   Link #527
Seafoam
『Lolimancer』
*Graphic Designer

Man, I'm out of orbs and still no brave Lucina. I've got a 5% pity rate and still nothing.
Seafoam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 14:10   Link #528
GDB

After subbing Brave Roy in for Xander for some PVE fights (A skill not withstanding, as I still can't decide which one I want to use long term), I've noticed that I've been pairing him with Lyn a lot more than expected. I figured I'd have Lyn glued to Priscilla, but lately been having Olwen stuck to her. Need to figure out if it's solely due to what C skills I have on each (all but Olwen have Hone Cavalry, Olwen has Ward) or if the way I use their assist skills is the primary factor.

Should probably 5-star one of these +Def/-SPD Reinhardts and level up Claire to get a secondary Horse Emblem team going for Arena Assault. Then it'd basically be an alternate version of the Xander/Olwen/Priscilla core that I've been using the past couple of months.
Old 2017-09-13, 14:45   Link #529
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Should probably 5-star one of these +Def/-SPD Reinhardts
That's exactly what I did. Has been the other half of my core and carries me through pretty much everything. If anything I need a good red unit that doesn't mainly exist to dance / buff Nino ...
Some fliers (Hinoka) wouldn't hurt either. It's too bad the flying mages are time limited units only.
Old 2017-09-13, 16:13   Link #530
GDB

Well, Masked Marth and Xander are both good red units that don't require a gacha. As is Sophia (though a +Atk/-Spd one would be optimal). Beyond that... yeah, requires gacha luck.
Old 2017-09-13, 20:27   Link #531
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

In what world is Sophia a good unit?

As for gacha luck, I do have a +spd-res Lyn but haven't really found a use for her. I also have a Ryoma, some Tharjas and a Sanaki on the side but they all have rather unfortunate IVs. Other than that there's also a YTiki that I have used to smash Hector back when SI wasn't as big but now others have filled that role. She's still one of my more favorite units though and if I ever get a decent idea of what to do with her I'll focus more on her.

I'd really like to make archer emblem but I don't even have Bridelia a good archer lol.
Old 2017-09-13, 20:36   Link #532
GDB

Sophia is absolutely amazing. She's the best Raven tome user in the game. So good that she doesn't even NEED Triangle Adept to get good use out of it (though it certainly helps). She has equal to or higher higher attack, defense, and resistance (maybe HP too, I forget) than basically any other of the "good" Raven users. The only one that gives her a challenge is Cecilia when she's fully buffed by horse buffs, and even then it's debatable because Cecilia has pretty horrid defense.

As for that gacha luck... Ryoma is like a top 5 sword user depending on his IVs. Top 10 if we include "type" buffs (horse, etc). But really unless he's -Atk or -SPD, he'll be fine. Unfortunately, mine is -SPD, which makes him basically just a worse Ike rather than a different style of Ike.
Old 2017-09-13, 20:45   Link #533
IceHism

Cecilia dies pretty easily to a brave Lyn with horse buffs. Reinhardt actually is a lot better if you need a bridelia or brave Lyn counter. Thing is Cecilia is the only green horse magic user and reinhardt is just so much more useful when he is nuking shit with dire thunder. Luckily I'm not seeing too much cancel affinity brave Lyns

If you are looking for an infantry counter to archers, both robins are pretty good
Old 2017-09-13, 20:53   Link #534
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

I'll use Sophia the day they get someone else to draw her, or at least fix her neck.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 21:25   Link #535
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Raven tomes simply aren't useful. I can count the actually used colorless units on one hand and that's if I cut a finger or two. Other tomes have proven far more useful in dealing with them. Add to that that Sophia is complete garbage outside of fighting colorless due to her glacial speed. For 1hit wonders there are Lilina and Sanaki who are barely used for similar reasons and for tanking there are much better options.
Old 2017-09-14, 01:58   Link #536
Tenzen12

It's much more useful now that 90% of people who have S tier mounted archer...

Still can't bother with running one.
Old 2017-09-14, 02:09   Link #537
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

When you get someone who draws all of his character's face young to draw a character like Elincia
I couldn't tell if she loli-fied, her body proportions were weird, but I think I'm settling with that she looks weird because her face is so young.

Anyways... *sigh*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-14, 05:20   Link #538
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
It's much more useful now that 90% of people who have S tier mounted archer...

Still can't bother with running one.
Why? You can do anything a raven tome can with any of the other popular tomes - and get better results.
Old 2017-09-14, 05:34   Link #539
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Raven tomes simply aren't useful. I can count the actually used colorless units on one hand and that's if I cut a finger or two. Other tomes have proven far more useful in dealing with them. Add to that that Sophia is complete garbage outside of fighting colorless due to her glacial speed. For 1hit wonders there are Lilina and Sanaki who are barely used for similar reasons and for tanking there are much better options.
Who needs 1-hit wonders when you can tank a Hector, Ike, Titania, Nino, etc? And if you run Swordbreaker, she can even tank sword units. And her low speed is the best part, because why waste points in a stat that would be middling at best like the other Raven users?

Also, it doesn't matter how many colorless units are used. What matters is the frequency, and Bow Lyn and Bride Cordelia are pretty highly used. If you don't want to use her, or have other alternatives, that's fine. But she's not useless in any sense of the word and you should pay less attention to gamepedia tier lists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Why? You can do anything a raven tome can with any of the other popular tomes - and get better results.
Use a non-Raven tome on a magic user and see how much damage you take from Bow Lyn. Hint: with a Raven tome you take like 3 damage.
Old 2017-09-14, 06:04   Link #540
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Quote:
Who needs 1-hit wonders when you can tank a Hector, Ike, Titania, Nino, etc? And if you run Swordbreaker, she can even tank sword units. And her low speed is the best part, because why waste points in a stat that would be middling at best like the other Raven users?

Also, it doesn't matter how many colorless units are used. What matters is the frequency, and Bow Lyn and Bride Cordelia are pretty highly used. If you don't want to use her, or have other alternatives, that's fine. But she's not useless in any sense of the word and you should pay less attention to gamepedia tier lists.

Use a non-Raven tome on a magic user and see how much damage you take from Bow Lyn. Hint: with a Raven tome you take like 3 damage.
I have no idea where this idea that I care about Gamepedia's tier list comes from.

The reality is that we live in a ORKO meta. Blade tomes, brave users, X sweep users, dancers and emblem teams are everywhere. Even units with high defenses have a very hard time surviving. There is nothing wrong with using a tanky unit if that's your preferred play style but be aware that using offensive units instead will make your fights easier and faster.

Speaking of tanks, you can tank every single unit you mentioned with either a high defense or high resistance unit. They may not have as much combined defenses but the scenarios a physical and a magic user can walk into range without being killed beforehand are very rare and imply that you messed up somewhere in the first place.

As for using tomes on bow Lyn, dire tomes take 0 damage because they flat out kill her and blade tomes also kill her. Taking damage isn't a problem for the latter as long as they don't die since they want to be in desperation range anyway.

Last edited by Eisdrache; 2017-09-14 at 06:21.

Tags
fire emblem, mobile game, nintendo, turn-based strategy