Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2008-03-03, 17:34   Link #1281
-KarumA-
(。☉౪ ⊙。)
*Author

Location: In Maya world, where all is 3D and everything crashes
question:
we have an ID topic in the anime sector.. but where do you ask for an ID when the movie (or anything else but in my case its movie from China) isnt anime...
i got another one without a title that i saw a long time ago
-KarumA- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 20:22   Link #1282
vampireyuki18
anime otaku gal

hi guys! ^_^. what's the reel question???
vampireyuki18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 22:29   Link #1283
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by -KarumA- View Post
question:
we have an ID topic in the anime sector.. but where do you ask for an ID when the movie (or anything else but in my case its movie from China) isnt anime...
i got another one without a title that i saw a long time ago
You could probably get away with asking in General Chat, but I think it would be best to ask on a movie forum. Our forum really doesn't try to be everything for everyone. Despite some people's desires we actually do try to have a focus on anime.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 23:30   Link #1284
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

I've got two questions.

1# Why can't you have more than one group membership showing under your name, or am I just being dumb and not seeing how to do it?

2# Why isn't there a DBZ forum anywhere?
Zaku Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-03, 23:56   Link #1285
qtipbrit
Buddhajew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku Hyuga View Post
I've got two questions.

1# Why can't you have more than one group membership showing under your name, or am I just being dumb and not seeing how to do it?

I don't know, but I've seen some users with several group membership status things appearing under their name.

Not very many people really want to discuss Dragonball, much less Z.
And Toei is dead.
Or will be soon.
qtipbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 00:07   Link #1286
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku Hyuga View Post
I've got two questions.

Because if we allowed this, it would encourage people to join every group just for the cool list of titles. It also has the benefit that since you choose the single group that most defines yourself, others can associate you with that label.

Quote:
Because DBZ isn't especially popular on our forum. We've got a whole thread devoted to DBZ here, but it only has 35 posts. It's hard to fill a whole forum with 35 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by qtipbrit92 View Post
I don't know, but I've seen some users with several group membership status things appearing under their name.
Those other titles are not public groups. If you see such groups (like under my own picture) the extra titles have a significant meaning. Under my own name it says AnimeSuki Site Staff. This means I am responsible for adding torrents to our main site. Moderator means that I am a moderator of this forum.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 00:12   Link #1287
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
Because if we allowed this, it would encourage people to join every group just for the cool list of titles. It also has the benefit that since you choose the single group that most defines yourself, others can associate you with that label.

Because DBZ isn't especially popular on our forum. We've got a whole thread devoted to DBZ here, but it only has 35 posts. It's hard to fill a whole forum with 35 posts.

Those other titles are not public groups. If you see such groups (like under my own picture) the extra titles have significant meaning.

Under my own name it says AnimeSuki Site Staff. This means I am responsible for adding torrents to our main site. Moderator means that I am a moderator of this forum.
Thanks for the help.
Old 2008-03-04, 13:53   Link #1288
bahamut zero
miragecoordinator

Wasn't there once a topic about how to set up an account for nicovideo? i can't find it ;___;
bahamut zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 14:07   Link #1289
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahamut zero View Post
Wasn't there once a topic about how to set up an account for nicovideo? i can't find it ;___;
There probably was.
Old 2008-03-04, 14:39   Link #1290
Dxon
Inactive Member

What is the best icon paint like Photoshop but then for icons?
Dxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 18:11   Link #1291
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dxon View Post
What is the best icon paint like Photoshop but then for icons?
I use Photoshop and then follow up with a program designed specifically for converting images to icon file formats. The one I use is called img2icns but that's for Mac OS X/UNIX icons, and I'd imagine that you want one for Windows. Google for terms like "icon" "converter" and the like to find other such programs. I'm sure that they exist on Windows as well.

Here's my own question: I have an art issue, where should I ask it? Specifically, I'm doing something for work, whoever created the file I'm supposed to be using didn't make it large enough, and so I'm going to remake it rather than stretch it out. It uses a very simple effect that I've sort of seen in some Photoshop tutorials, but it's slightly more advanced. Technically this doesn't fall under tech support. The fan art community could help me out on this one, but the fan art forum isn't really designed for helping with specific problems and emulation of specific effects. Is my only recourse to PM some of the notable artists for aid?
Old 2008-03-04, 22:46   Link #1292
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

You can cheat and renamed a .bmp file as .ico too

@ Ledgem, if you going to remake a picture.. You'll have to revector everything. Stretching /resizing a picture to bigger size is just making picture worst.

Anime community refer the technique as vectoring.. but you can also google for vexel art to see vector of real lifes and stuff.
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-04, 23:33   Link #1293
Zaku Hyuga
Domo Ori Gato Mr. Roboto
*Author

How in the world do you read what those little squares, like the one's below Ledgem's name two posts above, say?
Old 2008-03-04, 23:44   Link #1294
tripperazn
Toyosaki Aki
*Scanlator

Enable Asian language support, specifically Japanese support. Otherwise, you'll be seeing a lot of squares, especially in my sig and title, lol.

If you're curious, Ledgem's title says "Jyouzu", meaning skillful and deft.
Old 2008-03-05, 00:23   Link #1295
Aoie_Emesai
♪♫ Maya Iincho ♩♬
*Artist

Send a message via Yahoo to Aoie_Emesai
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
You can cheat and renamed a .bmp file as .ico too

@ Ledgem, if you going to remake a picture.. You'll have to revector everything. Stretching /resizing a picture to bigger size is just making picture worst.

Anime community refer the technique as vectoring.. but you can also google for vexel art to see vector of real lifes and stuff.
Vectoring is time consuming, I can't stand doing an entire image from this techinque >.<

How to Give / Receive Criticism on your work / Like to draw? Come join Artists Alike
Visit my Deviantart Or Blog ~A Child should always surpass his/her parent, Remember.
Aoie_Emesai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 00:26   Link #1296
Ledgem
Love Yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post

Well, here's what I'd be recreating (from scratch, mind you - I want to avoid resizing and vectorizing if I can help it):

The text on the inside would be the division logo instead of that "New Topic". I can swipe the division logo off of the main website, but it's rather small. I realized that I might have to vectorize the logo text, or I could probably match the font and recreate it myself (I've asked the director if he can find out which font was used, but there's a high turnover rate and everything's pretty disorganized so I'm not holding out on it).

However, that button effect should be easy enough to emulate. The Photoshop tutorial that I was thinking of to emulate the shiny part of the button was step #17 of this tutorial. I haven't tried it yet but I don't think it's the method that they used. It might look better, though... if I can't emulate it 100% I'll probably just go with that method, unless it makes it look worse.
Old 2008-03-05, 00:49   Link #1297
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

Its actually look like a radial gradient circle at the bottom and basic round shape at top
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-05, 01:00   Link #1298
Ledgem
Love Yourself

You think they used a radial gradient to achieve that effect? Hmm... I'll have to test that out and see if I can get it. Thanks for that insight; I hadn't thought of using a gradient.
Old 2008-03-05, 02:49   Link #1299
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Could also be a local spotlight effect. One would need to mask an area off to keep the effect focused on the local area.
Old 2008-03-05, 03:09   Link #1300
Daniel E.
AniMexican!

I got this with the bevel and emboss tool.

It doesn't look exactly like the icon in question, but I figure that with a bit more effort it could actually work.

Or maybe not.

Tags
problem, q&a, serious