AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Nanoha - StrikerS - Episode 17 Rating
Perfect 10 74 69.16%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 18.69%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 7.48%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.93%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.87%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-07-22, 16:32   Link #81
Algent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
I am curious about Subaru, though. Just how much did the Aces know about this? Hayate probably knew about this, but does Fate and the others know?
With saw ginga and subaru being examinated by the girl who repair/checkup devices so maybe these 3 knew too
Old 2007-07-22, 17:02   Link #82
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Awesome episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thisguy View Post
Spoiler:
I knew it! Doc strives for the prosperity of humanity! Fighting against those who hinder its rightful development!

Other remarkable moments:

Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-22, 17:36   Link #83
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Originally Posted by An Hero in Disguise View Post
Spoiler:
let me just ring that point out again on my mic...strada fails!! and as the master so does erio!!
and i cant blame fate chan (unsure where they said that she had her limiter off) ~ she didnt recieve any screen time justice with all the attention pointing towards subaru's breakdown

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-22, 18:02   Link #84
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
let me just ring that point out again on my mic...strada fails!! and as the master so does erio!!
Remember, Strada was apparently the best/coolest/complicating/strongest devices amongs the 4 of them, that means if it fails, the rest of them fail BAD

Quote:
and i cant blame fate chan (unsure where they said that she had her limiter off) ~ she didnt recieve any screen time justice with all the attention pointing towards subaru's breakdown
Excuses.

Quote:
Awesome episode.
I knew it! Doc strives for the prosperity of humanity! Fighting against those who hinder its rightful development!
Bah, excuses. Remember in SEED Destiny? He was also fighting for humanity.

With enough reasoning, anyone could be fighting for humanity, Half-Life 2 anyone?
Old 2007-07-22, 18:06   Link #85
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Well, I'm not sure if there was anything mentioned clearly about the limiters, so I'm speculating at this moment. And judging from Subaru's fight it's obvious that the victory should go to the one with COURAGE , so Fate may need a bit more motivation to go all out, at that time she didn't even see most of the Numbers' deeds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Bah, excuses. Remember in SEED Destiny? He was also fighting for humanity.

With enough reasoning, anyone could be fighting for humanity, Half-Life 2 anyone?
I'm just overjoyed at the fact I once mentioned that Doc was almost exactly like that, and then it was considered unlikely at the very least. But now it seems like truth Even the thing that his Drones are not harming innocent people
Old 2007-07-22, 18:19   Link #86
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I'm just overjoyed at the fact I once mentioned that Doc was almost exactly like that, and then it was considered unlikely at the very least. But now it seems like truth Even the thing that his Drones are not harming innocent people
Bad guys can't really go around saying that their bad right?

But you do know that if his drones weren't set to kill (Which I doubt), there would be more chance that the cast size wouldn't change?
Old 2007-07-22, 18:20   Link #87
Key Board
Carbon

Eh.. I liked Strada's 2nd mode

it would be even better if Elio rides on it like a rocket witch broom, though
Old 2007-07-22, 18:30   Link #88
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Bad guys can't really go around saying that their bad right?

But you do know that if his drones weren't set to kill (Which I doubt), there would be more chance that the cast size wouldn't change?
Maybe TSAB is actually bad

Drones won't kill innocents but reply to the violence accordingly, that's it
Spoiler:
Old 2007-07-22, 18:56   Link #89
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Man Erio, Shamal, and Zafira what did those guys do to offend you?

Are we actually taking propaganda at face value? Well of course he's not going to jump out saying he's a bad guy, wouldn't exactly help himself that way would he? All this ended up being was a dangerous, and expensive commercial. While also taking the time to kidnap Vivio and Ginga....all for the sake of humanity of course

Can't really say anything bad about how Fate did anyways. Considering we didn't see her fight. Will probably get some serious fighting though whenever they are able to put back together a rescue mission.
Old 2007-07-22, 18:59   Link #90
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
Remember, Strada was apparently the best/coolest/complicating/strongest devices amongs the 4 of them, that means if it fails, the rest of them fail BAD
biggest bunch of lies ive ever heard ~ subaru has the coolest device hands down
Quote:
Maybe TSAB is actually bad

Drones won't kill innocents but reply to the violence accordingly, that's it
Spoiler:
yea i know what you mean...i was all up for a funeral the next day considering hayate's "ZOMG i cant feel their life signals anymore!" :O reaction...*sigh*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-07-22, 19:07   Link #91
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
biggest bunch of lies ive ever heard ~ subaru has the coolest device hands down
A river in Egypt... A river in Egypt...
Old 2007-07-22, 19:09   Link #92
Fabien

Quote:
Spoiler:
No. Strada mode 2 worked fine. But Elio just was against too many strong people.
Old 2007-07-22, 19:15   Link #93
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Man Erio, Shamal, and Zafira what did those guys do to offend you?
Nothing personal against them, it was just a perfect moment for some members of the cast to go for good (it's unlikely to see something decent performed by Shamal or Zafira in future episodes anyway), but they missed the opportunity

Quote:
Are we actually taking propaganda at face value? Well of course he's not going to jump out saying he's a bad guy, wouldn't exactly help himself that way would he? All this ended up being was a dangerous, and expensive commercial. While also taking the time to kidnap Vivio and Ginga....all for the sake of humanity of course
At the same time it can't be said for sure that Scaglietti doesn't actually believe in what he's said.

Quote:
Can't really say anything bad about how Fate did anyways. Considering we didn't see her fight. Will probably get some serious fighting though whenever they are able to put back together a rescue mission.
IF there was no limiter and Fate was full S+ and with Zamber mode seeing that the Numbers weren't having much trouble defending against her attacks would either mean that they're that good or that she performed bad. Future will show what was really the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabien View Post
No. Strada mode 2 worked fine. But Elio just was against too many strong people.
I rather meant looks and abilities than general outcome of the fight.
Old 2007-07-22, 19:23   Link #94
Once and Current Subber

Definitely the jobber episode. Bad guys are extremely bad and mean and scary, check. Forwards and knights can't one-on-one the best the other team has to throw at them, check. But yeah, they basically wrote a scenario where Nanoha and Fate and Hayate wouldn't be in position to do anything useful, and even then it was pretty bloody on both sides.

Doing it this way allows the writers to give the impression that the Numbers are actually a potent fighting force without ever coming out and saying "this one is better than Nanoha"; that way, the viewer can't complain about inconsistency when angry mama bear punches out Numbers like they're made of plywood in later episodes.

But yeah, there's still two big questions. First, who knew about Subaru? We can assume that her dad knew (I wouldn't put "adopt the two orphan cyborg girls" past 'im, though Ginga does look an awful lot like her mom). We can assume that anyone who got a really good scan of either knew, so the weapons tech of the 108th knew, and so (presumably) would Shamal, as the RF6 doctor. From that we can posit that Hayate knew.

Did Nanoha know? If so, we can guess that Subaru was recruited precisely because she looked harmless but was actually a powerful combat cyborg - exactly the sort of "stealth strength" that they were looking for. But this would mean that either Tea has some sort of hidden super thingy (unlikely) or that she was recruited simply because she was already Subaru's partner; the latter would deal another blow to her self-image. "What, I'm just the goldfish poop?"

Also, where does the plot GO from here? Assuming that the whole sub-plot with the ground forces isn't a big head-fake, well, it's a bit early to go burning down the house with them; I predict that they're going to do something with the interservice rivalry they keep talking up, so something like "Hayate's unit getting disbanded, going rogue, jacking the Asura out of the scrap heap, and going after Vivio" isn't out of the question.
Old 2007-07-22, 19:29   Link #95
Fabien

About Strada mode 2:
Quote:
I rather meant looks and abilities than general outcome of the fight.
We didn't have time to see much of its abilities, besides flying.
Old 2007-07-22, 19:36   Link #96
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avatar_notADV View Post
First, who knew about Subaru?
Good question, indeed. I'd especially like to know two things:
- did Subaru know?
- did the authors of the show know, when they wrote the first few episodes? Was it planned at all?
Old 2007-07-22, 19:38   Link #97
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
IF there was no limiter and Fate was full S+ and with Zamber mode seeing that the Numbers weren't having much trouble defending against her attacks would either mean that they're that good or that she performed bad. Future will show what was really the case.
Neither seems all that serious, that Fate's clearly more agitated. The Numbers had the no-casualty mission objective going for them, and they clearly preferred if Fate was willing to join them and become Jail's harem member #13, the pseudo-daughter archetype.

Fate on the other hand, wanted to inquiry on Scaglietti's whereabouts, so well... but the last words of the Numbers does give less edge to Fate, since they're still hoping to talk sense into her next time, and that "you know you can't win next time" foreshadowing...

As for Scaglietti... Well, it was both advertising, sponsor showcase alongside personal motives (( Material/Type-0 ))... There's probably a bunch of bull in his words as is every advertisement. At least it can be said that thus far, he doesn't seem to treat his subjects that badly. The Numbers (( even Tre )) seems to have a degree of attachment to him, looking sad when Fate bullshited Jail, and well... Lutecia's a Jail Is Fine Too. And at least he wasn't the evil sucker involved with Agito/Elio.

Let's see if he intends to dissect Vivio or give her candies and sweets before dissecting her. And what he intends to do with Ginga too, though I think mind-control seems to be the most famous line of thought (( though I'd prefer if Ginga was genuinely converted over, but alas... highly doubtful. ))

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Old 2007-07-22, 19:42   Link #98
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

IKARE!!!! HAGANE NO CYBORG!!!!!

Sorry, had to do that

On Subaru and the first episodes...

Certainly it's always seemed wierd to me that Subaru could punch her way through Gadget Drone armor. Even a bodybuilder can't do that, and even with Revolver Knuckle the drone's AMF can nullify any enhancement on Subaru's punches, especially at close range, and at speeds slower than attacks like Scwhalbe Fliegen. Kinda found it hard to swallow that Subaru was just that strong.

Subaru being a cyborg explains all of her Gadget Drone destruction scenes, since her strength comes from her IS.

Edit:

And with all her blatant mecha references from SRW to GaoGaiGar, I think the producers knew what they were doing.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
Old 2007-07-22, 19:44   Link #99
Fabien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
Let's see if he intends to dissect Vivio
I think he won't need to do that. Vivio is already a project-F-enhanced mage.
Old 2007-07-22, 19:50   Link #100
An Hero in Disguise
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightengale View Post
And what he intends to do with Ginga too, though I think mind-control seems to be the most famous line of thought (( though I'd prefer if Ginga was genuinely converted over, but alas... highly doubtful. ))
If Doc is really serious in believing to work for the good of humanity the last option isn't completely unlikely.
Closed Thread