AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2012-05-25, 17:02   Link #61
Nintendo
start thinkin bout clones

Send a message via AIM to Nintendo
all signs point to him realizing he is in the wrong when he faces naruto. thats why itachi said he wouldnt try to change his mind but let naruto do it.
Old 2012-05-25, 18:08   Link #62
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo View Post
all signs point to him realizing he is in the wrong when he faces naruto. thats why itachi said he wouldnt try to change his mind but let naruto do it.
If you think about it that way, it's kind of funny. Uchiha developed entire techniques to get people to change their mind/opinion, but Naruto has the ability already built in.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-25, 20:15   Link #63
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
If you think about it that way, it's kind of funny. Uchiha developed entire techniques to get people to change their mind/opinion, but Naruto has the ability already built in.
Also, Uchiha's great technique Izanami is not as subtle as Naruto's Talk-no-Jutsu .
Old 2012-05-26, 09:38   Link #64
Sabaku Kyu
The Ironman

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticNinjaJay View Post
I wonder how all of this will play out because it seems to me like Sasuke is going through a transformation. After all this will he still side with Tobi and force Naruto to fight him? Itachi is in a position to save Sasuke from his darkness since he know doubt has more revelations to make about Tobi, Madara and the Uchiha.
He'll still fight Naruto.

I think Sasuke believes Itachi has already paid his debt. He now understands why Itachi did what he did and Itachi's already dead so there's no real reason to be angry at him anymore. However, Sasuke has not yet expressed any regret about his involvement in Itachi's death or admitted it was a mistake to seek revenge in the first place. He blames everyone else.

Instead of admitting to himself that his anger leads nowhere, Sasuke simply shifts his rage to new targets. I don't think he'll understand how the lesson Itachi is teaching Kabuto applies to himself, or he'll refuse to see it. Probably, he won't fully realize until he fights Naruto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odinx View Post

And because this is Itachi, he will never say all these outright to Sasuke. The numskull has to figure it out for himself. Good luck to you.
Which is probably pretty smart. Showing Sasuke first hand how futile and empty Kabuto's ambitions are, while at the same time admitting that even he himself had weaknesses and made mistakes. Itachi's teaching Sasuke without directly preaching to him.

But yeah, it's up to Sasuke to let the lesson sink in.

Sabaku Kyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 12:27   Link #65
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
After all this will he still side with Tobi and force Naruto to fight him?
He never sided with Tobi, just recently he was killing Zetsu clones and it seems also the original white Zetsu. He doesn't care about Tobi's war either. Sasuke was so overwhelmed by "hatred" that he doesn't care about anything else, including his own life.

Quote:
Itachi is in a position to save Sasuke from his darkness since he know doubt has more revelations to make about Tobi, Madara and the Uchiha.
Itachi doesn't know Tobi's true identity, and he already said to Sasuke that Tobi was the one who used the kyuubi to attack Konoha, but it didn't change anything in Sasuke's thinking. So for Sasuke to understand that his primary enemy is Tobi he should first become rational again. So i don't think that any revelations and rational reasoning can change Sasuke in his current state of mind. Itachi should use an emotional approach more than a rational one, but that's not Itachi's style, it's Naruto's style. But Itachi can begin the process, so that Naruto has something to build on.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 13:51   Link #66
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

And yet again it turns out that Danzou was the universe's biggest douche.

At least Tobi wants this war to be the war to end all wars.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-26, 18:15   Link #67
octaviahawk
Wingedmercury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
Itachi should use an emotional approach more than a rational one, but that's not Itachi's style, it's Naruto's style. But Itachi can begin the process, so that Naruto has something to build on.

Pretty freakin' much
Old 2012-05-26, 18:29   Link #68
itachi-san314

Quote:
Itachi doesn't know Tobi's true identity, and he already said to Sasuke that Tobi was the one who used the kyuubi to attack Konoha, but it didn't change anything in Sasuke's thinking.
I don't think it's ever said that itachi doesn't know tobi's true identity. he thinks and said he is madara and by all accounts so far, tobi does seem to be at least in part, madara
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 13:29   Link #69
GDB

I like how the two ninja were talking about how long the war was taking and how they wanted to get a good night's sleep. Now, am I mistaken, or isn't this only Day 2 of the war?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-27, 13:58   Link #70
itachi-san314

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I like how the two ninja were talking about how long the war was taking and how they wanted to get a good night's sleep. Now, am I mistaken, or isn't this only Day 2 of the war?
lol I think they are operating on our time of about 7 months now so this all feels pretty endless. i guess kishi feels the same way
Old 2012-05-27, 14:17   Link #71
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
They were fighting non-stop for at least 24 hours, and could not sleep because the Zetsu's were killing people in the night. Sure they need some sleep, they are just average genin level ninja. Super-ninja like the akatsuki could seal Gaara for 3 days while also having 30% of their chakra fighting Naruto and co. And Deidara was also fighting Gaara before that, and fighting Kakashi and Naruto after that, and in the end even having enough energy to have some fun with Tobi disrespecting him
This manga is sheer magic
Old 2012-05-27, 15:53   Link #72
itachi-san314

Quote:
They were fighting non-stop for at least 24 hours, and could not sleep because the Zetsu's were killing people in the night. Sure they need some sleep, they are just average genin level ninja.
but that doesn't really make sense. average genin level ninja who cant stay up past 24 hours should be long dead by now or havent gotten a chance to fight yet. the only opponent aside from super power ninjas they could have fought are zetsu clones which should be able to at least handily beat genins. so who have they been fighting for so long? zetsu may not be a fighter by akatsuki's standards, but he can do a lot better than a genin. he was also powered up by kabuto prior to the fight
Old 2012-05-28, 01:10   Link #73
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
They just talked about what they're gonna do 'when the war is over'!

They're doomed.
The Death Flags are strong...
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-28, 04:42   Link #74
HasuMasu
*Artist

This chapter caused much more confusion than is warranted.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2012-05-28, 06:17   Link #75
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
but that doesn't really make sense. average genin level ninja who cant stay up past 24 hours should be long dead by now or havent gotten a chance to fight yet.
I didn't say that they can't fight for 24 hours, only that they are quite tired of doing that. They represent the basic level ninja, the average Joe, sometimes they are shown as a measuring stick to show the strength and determination of the named ninjas. They make up the majority of the alliance forces.

Quote:
Originally Posted by itachi-san314 View Post
the only opponent aside from super power ninjas they could have fought are zetsu clones which should be able to at least handily beat genins. so who have they been fighting for so long? zetsu may not be a fighter by akatsuki's standards, but he can do a lot better than a genin. he was also powered up by kabuto prior to the fight
Well i think you are underestimating the genins, Zetsu-clones are approximately genin level, they are being destroyed like dummies by stronger named ninjas. Otherwise they would be winning the war, but what we see now is that the whole 100,000 Zetsu army is gone by now, while the alliance still has 1/3 of their forces alive.

A Zetsu may somewhat be stronger than an average genin in 1vs1 fight, but a war is about teamwork too, genins follow chuunins and jounins, such an organization should have better results than a Zetsu army which has all the same abilities and power. By that i mean that the power of the allied army should be more than the sum of their individual powers, because of the teamwork. In the current anime episodes we see how the author wants to show us that the teamwork of Kankuro's team made the difference.
Old 2012-05-28, 07:49   Link #76
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

The chapter was utter gibberish. Explaining with flowcharts and diagrams in a manga is just idiotic.
Old 2012-05-28, 12:15   Link #77
itachi-san314

Quote:
Well i think you are underestimating the genins, Zetsu-clones are approximately genin level, they are being destroyed like dummies by stronger named ninjas. Otherwise they would be winning the war, but what we see now is that the whole 100,000 Zetsu army is gone by now, while the alliance still has 1/3 of their forces alive.
I don't know. we're not talking about any normal clones here. not only do the zetsus have that spore clone that mimics chakra, but they were also grown by tobi over a long period of time from the bijou chakra. they're not like a technique that was just used by zetsu to replicate himself like normal clones. i guess i just feel like they should be more powerful than fodder that genins can handle, naruto had to use some pretty high level techniques to kill them when he arrived on the battle field, but it seems that fodder is all they are. I agree with what you said about teamwork and that is assuredly the reason kishi wants us to think for genins still being alive.

the flip side to what you're saying is that tobi would have been beaten badly if kabuto hadn't added his ET army, which i know has been brought up in the past, but just the fact that tobi's army can't wipe out all the normal genin rank ninja just makes it seem pretty weak. the only purpose seems to have been to dwindle the numbers of the allied forces, but if not for kabuto's ET, the zetsu army would have barely killed anyone since the jounin and kage level allied ninja wouldn't be pre-occupied fighting ET super ninjas. all the zetsus would have been wiped out in minutes. it doesn't really add up for me. it just seems like tobi wasted his time and bijou chakra on them and wasn't very prepared for the war
Old 2012-05-28, 14:07   Link #78
strategos

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
there's an app for that too!

http://www.viz.com/apps
http://www.hulu.com
strategos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-29, 08:47   Link #79
lucasd

I think either Kishi or some editors made mistake or translation error.

For me it like this that Izanami was found when two Uchicha used Izanagi on themselves and got into a loop, from which they could not get out, until both of them agreed on compromise.
Hence from this incident came to live technique called Izanami, which is really not offensive one, because it is mostly Naruto^2
lucasd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-30, 03:14   Link #80
haegar
mangaviking

Spoiler for 588 spoilers:

Last edited by haegar; 2012-05-30 at 07:40.
haegar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
weekly spoiler discussion