AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2011-03-11, 03:21   Link #1
msg

Hyakka Ryouran Samurai Girls [Light Novel]

Since it seems like no one is making a new HRSG ln and manga thread, i might as well do it.Guess it not that popular here but i like the series .Taking some of the texts from the anime thread and neo sam

百花繚乱 SAMURAI GIRLS
Hyakka Ryouran SAMURAI GIRLS (Hyakkaryouran SAMURAI GIRLS)

Hobby Japan's 40th anniversary mediamix project.

The shounen (boy's) light novel series Hyakkaryouran (百花繚乱) by Suzuki Akira (author) and Niθ (illustrator) is published under the shounen light novel label HJ Bunko.

The manga series is currently on- going in mediafactory's Monthly comic alive and currently vol.1 is out. A joint project of Akira Suzuki and Junichi Iwasaki (artist)

Covers:

Spoiler for hq covers:

Super short synopsis :

The year 2009+ showa era 16 year old Yagyuu Muneakira was sent to Edo to become an assistant sword instructor and a student at an exclusive Buou Academy since the day his father has mysteriously gone missing.Over there he was thrust into a power struggle between factions and political groups within the academy and also he have to deal with a mysterious girl falling from the sky to his arm and a group of girl students name after a famous samurai warriors

So basically it's a story about a power struggle between 3 groups who wants to control japan - the tokugawa faction, the toyotomi faction and anti tokugawa establisment/bakufu groups.

lists of master samurais appearing in the novels so far:

Spoiler for lists:

Last edited by msg; 2013-04-20 at 15:26.
msg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 14:35   Link #2
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by msg View Post
Since it seems like no one is making a new HRSG ln and manga thread, i might as well do it.Guess it not that popular here but i like the series .Taking some of the texts from the anime thread and neo sam

百花繚乱 SAMURAI GIRLS
Hyakka Ryouran SAMURAI GIRLS (Hyakkaryouran SAMURAI GIRLS)

Hobby Japan's 40th anniversary mediamix project.

The shounen (boy's) light novel series Hyakkaryouran (百花繚乱) by Suzuki Akira (author) and Niθ (illustrator) is published under the shounen light novel label HJ Bunko.

The manga series is currently on- going in mediafactory's Monthly comic alive and currently vol.1 is out. A joint project of Akira Suzuki and Junichi Iwasaki (artist)

Covers:

Spoiler for hq covers:

Super short synopsis :

The year 2009+ showa era 16 year old Yagyuu Muneakira was sent to Edo to become an assistant sword instructor and a student at an exclusive all girls Buou Academy since the day his father has mysteriously gone missing.Over there he was thrust into a power struggle between factions and political groups within the academy and also he have to deal with a mysterious girl falling from the sky to his arm and a group of girl students name after a famous samurai warriors

So basically it's a story about a power struggle between 3 groups who wants to control japan - the tokugawa faction, the toyotomi faction and anti tokugawa establisment/bakufu groups.

lists of master samurais appearing in the novels:

Spoiler for lists:

After watching the anime, I am personally interested in the light novels and the mystery behind Amakuza

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-11, 17:49   Link #3
Athena
The Power of One

I still didn't read the novels. But can someon tell me if there is a continuation after the last episode?
Old 2011-03-11, 18:31   Link #4
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kira0802 View Post
I still didn't read the novels. But can someon tell me if there is a continuation after the last episode?
I thought that was an anime original ending?

Old 2011-03-12, 11:21   Link #5
msg

Amasuka pic from vol.6 doing an incantation

Yup, the anime go for an original story and ending...which is suck imo

In the Ln most of plot took place both in the school and the dojo instead of the anime revolves everything most of the time at the dojo.

In the Ln the main antagonist is yui shosetsu (the gun slinger girl)instead of Gisen in the anime.Gisen works for yoshihiko and yoshihiko is her general (but that's gonna change)

Sarutobi sasuke did not appear at all in the anime.She's always with Yukimura and matabei at the dojo.

Amakusa is already resurrected in the LN but in the anime she needs a ritual and a couple of master samurais to ressurect her

hanzo and matabei gets to become master samurai under mune in the LN but not in the anime

and what else - there's no ultimate showdown between gisen and jyubei and theres no green sphere thingy that envelps the academy in the LN - original ending

In other words it sucks that that anime follow doesn'teverything from LN and in the end it feels rushed towards the end

That amakusa "yuri" vibe is strong in her.C'mon mune tame that chick

Last edited by msg; 2011-03-12 at 11:32.
Old 2011-03-12, 11:38   Link #6
Athena
The Power of One

...so I've been fooled by the anime? Damn...
Old 2011-03-12, 12:53   Link #7
blitz1/2

SO um, how big is Mune's harem count right now? xD and does he gain ANY fighting prowess instead of being a kissing machine? xD

Old 2011-03-12, 14:12   Link #8
msg

miyamoto and sasaki chilling out from vol 6

See above list of master samurai appearing at the novel.Most probably he will catch them all XD.Yuki did tell him to always wash and brush his teeth cuz she wanted to make him an ultimate general in th future.

Well he did become a true general or master general.It seems being a master general he was able to supress and absorb spiritual attack but that comes with a price.it will shorten his life *need to check again*.His weapon is a straight electrode katana imbued with electricity which act like a cutting saw.can cut almost anything if the electrode is activated

As for fighting prowess, he did save gisen from yui and amakusa
Old 2011-03-12, 15:01   Link #9
SoFarGone
H.A.M.

what about Kanetsugu Naoe?
SoFarGone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 08:04   Link #10
msg

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFarGone View Post
what about Kanetsugu Naoe?
yup totally forgot about naoe chan she's too become a master samurai under Mune.

"desu wa"

Hozuin Inshun.There's a reason why she wear that mouth piece.She's like Eu of korezom

Old 2011-03-28, 03:50   Link #11
theman4life

Damnit hobby japan is supposed to be releasing the novels in english but its taking forever. Havent heard anything since anime expo. Thanks for all the info msg, I knew hyakka was very interesting and its too bad the anime didnt follow the light novels.

BTW where are you getting the scans from? You have no idea how big a fan of Niθ I am. If at all possible please share more pics or provide a source. PM is fine if its against the rules.
theman4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-02, 11:15   Link #12
msg

Quote:
Originally Posted by theman4life View Post
Damnit hobby japan is supposed to be releasing the novels in english but its taking forever. Havent heard anything since anime expo. Thanks for all the info msg, I knew hyakka was very interesting and its too bad the anime didnt follow the light novels.

BTW where are you getting the scans from? You have no idea how big a fan of Niθ I am. If at all possible please share more pics or provide a source. PM is fine if its against the rules.
No problem theman4life ^_^.The cover scans i get are from the hobby japan active reader itself and various blogs which i can't remember anymore.The rests are from my own hsrg ln vol.The best source imo to get hrsg pics are from hobby japan and ln book which i'm planning to share.
actually i've got all the ln volumes and am planning to post all the pics from the ln (plus hobby japan and other sources) one post ( without double posting) at a time.

yeah about the release of ln in english version, iirc a group of publishers from japan decided to open a portal like shonen jump so that they could sell their products in english.When is this site gonna to open up, i'm not sure.Guess we have to wait for them to launch their sites...

anyways :-

Spoiler for data:
Old 2011-04-02, 18:15   Link #13
blitz1/2

Quote:
No problem theman4life ^_^.The cover scans i get are from the hobby japan active reader itself and various blogs which i can't remember anymore.The rests are from my own hsrg ln vol.The best source imo to get hrsg pics are from hobby japan and ln book which i'm planning to share.
actually i've got all the ln volumes and am planning to post all the pics from the ln (plus hobby japan and other sources) one post ( without double posting) at a time.

yeah about the release of ln in english version, iirc a group of publishers from japan decided to open a portal like shonen jump so that they could sell their products in english.When is this site gonna to open up, i'm not sure.Guess we have to wait for them to launch their sites...

Spoiler for data:
So um, if MuneAkira can add Amakuza to his harem, he would get many subadditions for free?

Old 2011-04-02, 20:37   Link #14
theman4life

Quote:

Spoiler for data:
Awesome, thanks again for more pics and all the info on the girls. I kind of thought each girl was covering a fetish such as blindfold, earphones etc. Its nice to know there is a story and reason for why they have those things on. Just to clarify the girl on the left is Araki Mataemon, correct?
http://img841.imageshack.us/img841/8656/news0443.jpg

I look forward to seeing more and more of the art from the light novels. I'll even post after your posts all the time so you wont have to double post and can keep on posting art
Old 2011-05-07, 15:44   Link #15
msg

@the man4life - yup thats her ^ ^.Also forgot to mention she can also control the sensation/pain of her skin.

@blitz1/2 - yup i guess so..probably

Anyways a new samurai has appear in the latest vol.8 and her name is Tenkai.

Sen, Morichika and katsunaga working at the maids cafe

Will post/edit more...

Last edited by msg; 2013-04-20 at 15:28.
Old 2011-05-07, 19:11   Link #16
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
^ I'm in love.

And is it true about that portal stuff? That would be a dream come true. I have a few volumes of Hyakka Ryouran but they are in Chinese and my reading skills in the language is limited. I would buy the whole thing again if it's in English.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-08, 21:27   Link #17
theman4life

msg delivers the goods again. Im really liking Tenkai's design. I'm hoping we hear something about the english releases by anime expo. If not I might have to consider taking a japanese class for the sole purpose of being able to read these novels one day
Old 2011-05-09, 16:14   Link #18
msg

Well regarding the portal, i've read it somewhere that kadokawa plus some other japanese publishing groups such as hobby japan decided to venture together to create an english language portal in the future so that they could expand their business and sell their products such as translated LNs.I myself is not really sure wether this is true or not and i couldn't find the link for that matter.Hope this all true...*cross fingers*

anyways while waiting for ma vol.8 anyone good in latin?.The text below is taken from vol6 and 7and it seems to be a mixture of french and latin.Much appreciated if anyone could translate this:-

Sept coniurrez au banquet feront luyre.Contre les trois le fer hors de nauire, L'vin les deux classes au grand fera conduire...
Dixit vero Elohim, congregentur aquae quae sub caelo sunt in locum unum et appareat arida...
....ita et vocavit Elohim aridam Terram congregationesque aquarum appellavit maria

...it says something about "the seven who conspires.." of something, something

...and it seems there is another new samurai appearing in vol.8 but it's not reveal yet of who she was (in hobby japan at least).If i were to guess, very likely she could be Fuuma Kotarou...another legenadary ninja like Hanzo.I'm basing this of what i saw in the picture...a pair of glasses on the floor and a shuriken as a hair clip ^.Also she looks like klutz.Fuuma kotarou is famous for having his hair red and his own signature design shuriken..Initially i thought it was Jyuubei but it is not

@theman4life - thanks for the support!!
..and also that expo dun mind lemme know if they sell the translated versions.... again thanks
Old 2011-05-10, 16:01   Link #19
theman4life

Mizuno here is the link talking about the english release for the hyakka novels. Keep in mind that this was announced almost a year ago and we havent heard anything since.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...a-ryoran-books

Wow I love Fuuma's shuriken hair clip <3 Thanks for sharing that msg.
Old 2011-05-10, 17:45   Link #20
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Ah damn it sure sounds nice, hopefully they haven't given up on it or anything.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gender bender, harem, romance, samurai girls, seinen, shounen