AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-04-10, 20:16   Link #61
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
That really does sound like a good idea, but I guess it's probably better to do what Birdway said first... as long as people need to explain why they picked said characters.

After more people are on the site, I'm sure the second idea would be great!

Seconded. But without Touma, Hamazura, Mikoto, Accelerator. (and we need to consider whether or not OT railgun applies...)

Lol. Touma having more haters doesn't make him unpopular. He is #2 LN character... there is no way he has that many haters... and Character popularity is decided by who many people think he's the best, not who hates said character... And I think you're reactions to comments might be a bit overdoing it. You're just seeing a really biased sample of people who like to comment about these things. It's not the big picture. You're seeing the people who feel the strongest, but not a representative sample of most people's impressions of Touma/To aru series...

Otherwise, Mikoto is obviously #1, and Accelerator, Touma are the most popular in the OT (Misaki doesn't appear except in the railgun manga... does that count?).

If this is for the LN/manga readers forum then I think Aqua, Hamazura are also definitely up there.

We need to figure out what OT means, whether it includes railgun manga or not. We need to decide whether or not to put the top 4 into another poll, because we've already heard so many people fawning about those 4 anyway, I don't think it'd really be constructive to hear more about them, in a poll that would detract from everyone else...
maybe, but i don't rely on popularity polls as much as i used too. heck, i even seen characters like shinji ikari make it to quite a few top ten polls but at the end he is probably acknowledged to be among the top of hated characters.

and i see hundreds of comments in plenty of forums despising kamijou quite allot in japan. still you may be right but i am just going by on speculations even though they aren't usually the best in judgement for me. even if touma is that hated i wouldn't worry so much since i just go with my opinion and stick with it. better to just ignore the negative side of things and choose to stay positive.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 20:27   Link #62
Birdway
Banned

I edited the list to test how those listed characters do without the obvious one who usually gets bias interfering with it.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 20:29   Link #63
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
I edited the list to test how those listed characterd do without the obvious one who usually gets bias interfering.
But Kamijou, Accelerator, and Hamazura are still there... you just took out Mikoto right?
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-10, 20:33   Link #64
Birdway
Banned

And Carrisa and KL and replaced Mikoto wih her clones.

The thing is how much votes can they get without having the cult messing around with the poll like last time.
Old 2014-04-10, 20:41   Link #65
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
And Carrisa and KL and replaced Mikoto wih her clones.

The thing is how much votes can they get without having the cult messing around with the poll like last time.
Yeah, good point. Though it depends on how many people come here to vote. Should this be advertised on MAL/Crunchyroll or absolutely not? Also, is it favorite or top 3 or top 2 or ...
Old 2014-04-10, 20:43   Link #66
Birdway
Banned

Only to those that have read the novels past vol.22.
Old 2014-04-11, 01:47   Link #67
LevelSeven

i dont know if someone posted this but:

can we have a separate forum for accels manga series, like we have one for railgun?
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 01:53   Link #68
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

There isn't enough material to warrant one in my opinion.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!

Last edited by allfictions; 2014-04-11 at 05:32.
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 04:33   Link #69
LevelSeven

Quote:
There ian't enough material to warrant one in my opinion.
i think that it will come with time, afterall im sure that the manga will reach more than 50 chapter

wouldnt be bad if we create one now for the coming chapters
Old 2014-04-11, 05:32   Link #70
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

I would say to wait at least 10 chapters in.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-11, 05:57   Link #71
LevelSeven

Quote:
I would say to wait at least 10 chapters in.
mmmhhh, ok, at least i want to see a thread to zombie-girls character discussion XD
Old 2014-04-19, 17:58   Link #72
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Since it got licensed today could we open up a form about this specifically?
Old 2014-04-21, 13:16   Link #73
Birdway
Banned

... still no new thread, relentlessflame?
Old 2014-05-11, 04:21   Link #74
LevelSeven

can we create a "VS" thread??
Old 2014-05-22, 20:08   Link #75
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Can we have two new threads?

I was thinking one of them should be the popularity poll we mentioned before, but I think this one should be for all characters, and just for people who have read through NT 10. And instead of making it a vote for your favorite character poll, I think it might be a good idea to make it perhaps a top 10 character thread where we list our top 10 characters in each post, and explain why we like each one of them, using stuff that goes up to the latest thing they did in the LN's. It can also include stuff from the other mangas if that character appears there. This would be an easy simple way, to gauge how people who have read all of the books feel about the characters since it would be obvious, who is posting there if they haven't read everything because their reasons will either be outdated, they won't have any/many clear reasons, or they won't mention any newer characters or important events. So I think is a good way of gauging favorites. Since any trolling will be obvious and easily ignored. (Also, it would be cool if we could update our top 10 characters every book or so...)

For the other thread I want to request,
Spoiler for NT 10:
but I think this thread should be necessary eventually, though I think it should say post NT 10 in the title.
Old 2014-09-12, 02:18   Link #76
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Requesting a new thread for "To Aru Majutsu no Index LN - New Testament SS" .

This is the side story that came along with the new Illustration book.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 11:06   Link #77
R.LocK
My turn

Requesting character discussion about Kamijou Touma. Every active thread's getting ridiculous now.

This is the weirdest way to second, third and etc. things I've ever seen.

Last edited by R.LocK; 2014-09-29 at 14:59.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-09-29, 11:10   Link #78
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Requesting character discussion about Kamijou Touma. Every active thread's getting ridiculous now.
I second this request for Discussion about Kamijou Touma. We kind of need a character thread (especially because of NT 11) that is in the novel section.
Old 2014-09-29, 13:39   Link #79
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Quote:
Quote:
I second this request for Discussion about Kamijou Touma. We kind of need a character thread (especially because of NT 11) that is in the novel section.
Allow me to vote in favor of this as well. Part of the reason the previous Kamijou Touma thread went bust was because we went into novel spoilers in an anime only section of the forum IIRC. So, a new one in the novels section would be the best option to avoid that problem.
Old 2014-09-29, 14:28   Link #80
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiss13 View Post
Allow me to vote in favor of this as well. Part of the reason the previous Kamijou Touma thread went bust was because we went into novel spoilers in an anime only section of the forum IIRC. So, a new one in the novels section would be the best option to avoid that problem.
Yep. I definitely agree with you guys. We need a thread for this.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote