AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2017-04-06, 01:47   Link #21
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I have to say Baruto's story might have better cohesion that Naruto's. There are no immediate threats or goals like Naruto trying to become Hokage. Just some good ol' daily ninja fun with an ominous looming threat.
So long as daily ninja fun doesn't become villain of the week. Naruto may not overuse a single villain like Voldemort, but lots of filling villain's gets to feel cheap as well. Lots of daily character drama possible anyway.

As for strange technology levels, it seems like they just throw in whatever they want.
Ghostfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-06, 06:14   Link #22
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
So long as daily ninja fun doesn't become villain of the week. Naruto may not overuse a single villain like Voldemort, but lots of filling villain's gets to feel cheap as well. Lots of daily character drama possible anyway.

As for strange technology levels, it seems like they just throw in whatever they want.
I don't think there are going to be villains like in Naruto. This is an era of peace and Boruto just entered the academy so they're not going to go on missions and meet killer ninja until they're genin. We're probably just gonna get school stuff with Boruto meeting new characters, enemies turning friends, and overcoming life obstacles with just enough to conflict to showcase some sakuga.

Naruto never really defined it's technological level very well, but Boruto looks like it's gonna be much more consistent and even make it part of its plot.
Old 2017-04-06, 07:49   Link #23
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I think we can talk about The Last without spoiler tag since it's part of the anime continuity and it's been out for a long time. Boruto's eye didn't look like a Tenseigan to me, but I didn't really get a close look. I have little doubt he will eventually get it though, byakugan alone doesn't cut it anymore in the Naruto verse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah Boruto you are going to walk your own path....in a show that literally has your father's name in the title . Although I still say shame on Naruto and Hinata with that name. I mean...you change two letters from Naruto's name and that's it?
It's even worse in Japanese, they only changed one character. BUT, his name is also an homage to Neji ("neji" means "screw" and Boruto = bolt like the necklace he wears) so it's cool.
Old 2017-04-06, 08:22   Link #24
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Glad to see the Boruto anime has such good animation (at least for now). Still, who is writing this after all? Is this part of the series canon?
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-06, 11:15   Link #25
Wandering Soul

I'm just glad they stuck to using Kishimoto's designs instead of the awful manga ones.
Old 2017-04-06, 11:25   Link #26
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
I'm just glad they stuck to using Kishimoto's designs instead of the awful manga ones.
except Sarada's outfit... never liked that ascot

Relieved that Boruto's Byakugan is Natural. Was worried that they killed off Hinata or Himawari to give him one of theirs. Interesting that he only gets it in one eye though when Himawari got hers in both eyes.

anyone besides me interested in that purple haired girl from the opening? lol. Wonder if she will be part of a love triangle with Boruto and Sarada.
Old 2017-04-06, 11:33   Link #27
CCPDarkraiRules
Vassal of the King

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
except Sarada's outfit... never liked that ascot

Relieved that Boruto's Byakugan is Natural. Was worried that they killed off Hinata or Himawari to give him one of theirs. Interesting that he only gets it in one eye though when Himawari got hers in both eyes.

anyone besides me interested in that purple haired girl from the opening? lol. Wonder if she will be part of a love triangle with Boruto and Sarada.
I am interested in her as well, she is giving me Hinata vibes from the original Naruto when she was watch him from afar and was too shy to speak to him.
Old 2017-04-06, 11:50   Link #28
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCPDarkraiRules View Post
I am interested in her as well, she is giving me Hinata vibes from the original Naruto when she was watch him from afar and was too shy to speak to him.
The only thing that can be guessed is that she is part of the third team of Boruto's generation with Denki and the guy in the hat.

On tumblr there are already people who are ready to ship her with Boruto. So the ship wars begin and we don't even know her name lol
Old 2017-04-06, 12:29   Link #29
Ghostfriendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
I don't think there are going to be villains like in Naruto. This is an era of peace and Boruto just entered the academy so they're not going to go on missions and meet killer ninja until they're genin. We're probably just gonna get school stuff with Boruto meeting new characters, enemies turning friends, and overcoming life obstacles with just enough to conflict to showcase some sakuga.
You'd think so, but not sure what will happen with that brainwashing purple haze...
Old 2017-04-06, 13:38   Link #30
Kijiki
Random Ninja

Hey'all!

I am new here. I am a Naruto fan since I can remember, and watching the new Boruto series reminisced my childhood.

The intro was great! I love the music and it has the classic vibes of OP 3 Naruto.
It has some parellism with the Manga, but it has its own unique characters that makes me hook.

Denki, I love that kid already.

This character is the change in Narutoverse - in Boruto , which is a nerd and his technology ! But, it kept the ninjutsu in it! Well done writers!

The new kids... first Boruto is cooler than Naruto , but similar in many ways. Rebellious and kind hearted are the words I am looking for.

These new generation of kids looks promising ...

They added girls! Yay! I am happy that they included new girls in anime , because girls in Narutoverse are usually underrated. I am curious On what can they offer, and hopefully they will be developed as Ten Ten was. There are three girls whose name are not mention yet, ,but looking at it
They are somehow important characters too, because they are in the intro!

Maybe it will change in the future episodes, but I hope they all stay.
Who are Metal Lee's other team members ? In the movie they were not us important...
But, the looks of it it might be Denki , and the new tall guy.
Who knows? I am excited ... I think they will be all boys trio, and the new girls will be the new all girls trio.

Then Shikadai's and Boruto's which we already know.

Thank you for reading, and hopefully we see more of the new characters as well!

-Kijiki
Kijiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-06, 14:53   Link #31
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly View Post
You'd think so, but not sure what will happen with that brainwashing purple haze...
I said a looming threat in my previous post, but no immediate villains.
Old 2017-04-06, 16:08   Link #32
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxis View Post
Isn't Naruto world already in modern era?
Back in Naruto first movie they had movie theater and a huge lcd.
And wireless communication. But apparently trains are a novelty.

So, what's in store for Boruto? Ninja schooling, then becoming part of a genin team, then the movie events?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-06, 16:34   Link #33
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Yeah Boruto you are going to walk your own path....in a show that literally has your father's name in the title . Although I still say shame on Naruto and Hinata with that name. I mean...you change two letters from Naruto's name and that's it?

Been a while since I saw anything Naruto related (the filler just murdered me at a point), but was it always so tech based? This feels like the Legend of Korra with even less of a time skip. Suddenly you go from low-tech world to having LCD monitors, rail systems, and other modern technology.
As has been pointed out over and over again Boruto (bolt) and Neji (screw).
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-06, 16:37   Link #34
Ushio the Omega

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
And wireless communication. But apparently trains are a novelty.

So, what's in store for Boruto? Ninja schooling, then becoming part of a genin team, then the movie events?
Trains being a novelty makes sense when the world if filled with ninja who can change the terrain at will with simple doton jutsu.
Ushio the Omega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 00:29   Link #35
alex_drian

Quote:
The only thing that can be guessed is that she is part of the third team of Boruto's generation with Denki and the guy in the hat.

On tumblr there are already people who are ready to ship her with Boruto. So the ship wars begin and we don't even know her name lol
Well shit, this people

Well, we don't know either the teammates of Metal Lee
alex_drian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 01:53   Link #36
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_drian View Post
Well shit, this people

Well, we don't know either the teammates of Metal Lee
There are 2 other unknown girls in the opening. They could likely fill the spots
Old 2017-04-07, 08:22   Link #37
Galaxian

Quote:
Not only that, but there are also Boruto/Shikadai and Boruto/Denki ships forming. Not to mention BoruSara and Anti-BoruSara fronts that have been there for a while, and is only a matter of time before Boruto/Mitsuki and Shikadai/Inojin are introduced.

Battle lines are being drawn as we speak.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-07, 13:38   Link #38
Ghostfriendly

Surely we'll find out who Metal Lee's mother was, if the anime goes on enough? I was hoping it would be Tenten...
Old 2017-04-07, 15:52   Link #39
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
Not only that, but there are also Boruto/Shikadai and Boruto/Denki ships forming. Not to mention BoruSara and Anti-BoruSara fronts that have been there for a while, and is only a matter of time before Boruto/Mitsuki and Shikadai/Inojin are introduced.

Battle lines are being drawn as we speak.
Ah shippers, they never let us down.
Old 2017-04-08, 08:49   Link #40
Kilian
6:11

Why would they use a distinctly female voice for Boruto in the opening scene? I found that slightly irritating.
Kilian is offline   Reply With Quote