AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 20 Rating
Perfect 10 62 57.94%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 28.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 11 10.28%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 1.87%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.87%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-03, 23:30   Link #81
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrissieXD View Post
Or is it a lie crafted by Pheles to test Kazumi's will?
Please just give up

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
why didn't Pheles just give the hougo to Yuji, anyway? He certainly has plenty to spare, and he's got enough initial durability to cover most attacks until he activates it...
Because the hougu takes all of the User's POE and she woudn't want to take the chance of something happening to Johan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoExecutor View Post
Can Unrestricted Methods made by their creators be "borrowed for use" by others?
I see the Fuzetsu being used by so many. Perhaps Yuji or someone could mimic the Stigma and use it against Sabrac?
All Fuzetsus are unique in some way and they aren't "borrowed for use"
Old 2008-03-03, 23:32   Link #82
_DaViD_
~(=ω=.)~

Omfg this episode was totally badass:

Sabrac is godly and his voice sounds badass too
Carmel is badass and with all her tricks is just awesome XD! i cant wait till 21 T_T
Old 2008-03-04, 00:36   Link #83
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

It's episodes like this that I wish J.C. Staff had done a better job with the animation.

I'm quite surprised at how Wilhelmina lasted that long against Sabrac. It is definitely The Wilhelmina episode that she deserves. However, now that I've seen her powers, I'm curious as to how great a tag team she would be with Pheles and Johan. If only they had elaborated more on those flashbacks, maybe a full episode or so elaborating the trio's relationship, which would also have given Pheles more screentime.
Old 2008-03-04, 00:37   Link #84
feRfe

The battle between Sabrac and Wilhelmina makes Shana J.C. staff's best animated series imo

it's as good as J.C. staff is gonna get

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
There already up to Novel 14 and Novel 16 is the only one left (so far) that deals with the main storyline

That was revealed in the anime already
are u srs.. they are up to novel 14?
gah.
Old 2008-03-04, 01:28   Link #85
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
One word, wow. Episodes like these make action worthwhile.

10/10, my first ten for any series in this season for a while.
Old 2008-03-04, 04:55   Link #86
Flandre Scarlet

Sabrac is too strong・・・
I think he does some tricks to overwhelm wilhelmina.
In the next episode, will UG find them?
I am looking forward not having read Shana novels
Old 2008-03-04, 05:19   Link #87
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I'll admit it. I never liked the maid much.

I'll also admit it though, she's freaking awesome this episode. She and Sabrac. I'm not disappointed: a finally convincingly overpowering enemy for once. Usually overpowered enemies just annoy me (zomg conspiracy the hero can't fight, zomg evil bastards, blah blah blah) but this guy is cool enough to deserve his power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feRfe View Post
The battle between Sabrac and Wilhelmina makes Shana J.C. staff's best animated series imo
I hate to say, but consistency is a big part in considering a show's overall animation quality. Even though they go all out on this episode, Shana II have had quite the roller-coaster ride, unfortunately...

P.S. Holy crap, is it me or Master Chibi is actually happy with a Shana II episode!?
Old 2008-03-04, 08:06   Link #88
Cheezy
brrr

Send a message via MSN to Cheezy
Sabrac is now officially the coolest character in the SnS series.

Great voice acting too.
It was nice seeing Wilhelmina use her techniques as well. Great episode.
Old 2008-03-04, 10:45   Link #89
Deathscyther

I loved the part where Wilhelmina flew into the small street, and Sabrac follows..and when he sees that it's a trap he' like "Damn..what a blunder.." without any emotion in his voice XD
Old 2008-03-04, 11:43   Link #90
BigGimp77

Poor Yuji, went from being a total beast to a bystander again.

I hope he chokes/breaks Sabrac's neck next episode. That would instantly put the season at a 10/10

Also: Sabrac is an awesome character. Easily the best villain in the entire series hands down.
Old 2008-03-04, 11:58   Link #91
dave55man
~The Prince~

Send a message via AIM to dave55man
Great episode but I so want to see yuji become gar again. Guess I'll have to wait until the next episode.
Old 2008-03-04, 12:17   Link #92
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
I was amused by what initially appeared to be Shana and Wilhelmina shielding themselves from the initial attack while Yuji just hung on a string screaming his head off. Well, it turned out not to be the case, but at the time...

And someone finally tells him to stfu with the screaming. Yes, his alarm is justified, but this is amusing nonetheless.
Golden scene

Someone had to do it...thankgod someone finally did

Ahh I was more than happy to rewatch this ep with the sub, it still remains as the best ep from this series so far. The GARness was just perfect (more flashback to impossible WoW bosses ).

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-03-04, 12:31   Link #93
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGimp77 View Post

I hope he chokes/breaks Sabrac's neck next episode. That would instantly put the season at a 10/10
Im hoping to see a sword through Sabrac's face that would be golden death by your own weapon all up in your grill would be a fitting death.
Old 2008-03-04, 12:39   Link #94
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Im hoping to see a sword through Sabrac's face that would be golden death by your own weapon all up in your grill would be a fitting death.
Problem: Sabby doesn't seem to have a face. I don't think that would have much effect anyway.

Undetectable, insane defense... Like a mystes with an artificially-enhanced capacity and ability to manipulate his own flame to alter his body? Yeah right. Always fights the enemy in front of him... A puppet on autopilot? Bah.

That was a little confusing, Wilhelmina saying that he could expand his power but then saying he was so focused.

Did Sabrac just call Wilhelmina "kisama"? T_T
Old 2008-03-04, 12:49   Link #95
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
I really think that I like this episode and will like the next episodes is because Yuji or Wilhelmina won't get some kind of "special power" or "new move" that will beat this hard opponent like most action series. As we can see Wilhelmina (and also Sabrac) is capable of using strategy to execute their moves, and I think that's going to decide a fight, not, "Believe it!" *goes crazy*.
Old 2008-03-04, 12:55   Link #96
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Problem: Sabby doesn't seem to have a face. I don't think that would have much effect anyway.

Undetectable, insane defense... Like a mystes with an artificially-enhanced capacity and ability to manipulate his own flame to alter his body? Yeah right. Always fights the enemy in front of him... A puppet on autopilot? Bah.

That was a little confusing, Wilhelmina saying that he could expand his power but then saying he was so focused.

Did Sabrac just call Wilhelmina "kisama"? T_T
I do find his abilities intriguing to be able to pump out that much POE while still be focused. His concentration on defense and offense is so unusual its like he does not sacrifice either of the two in favor of the other. He really is the ultimate assassin, i mean i like how he tries to get the job in one shot and if that fails he finds the quickest most effective way to dispatch his target with no wasted movement or effort.

Lol i know he doesn't have a face i just thought it would be ammusing. I wonder if there would be some way to leech his POE to weaken him enough for attacks to be effective or overload his own power he is pumping out quite a bit no matter how powerful a opponent is they always have a weakness and i get the feeling Yuuji is homing in on it.

And yes he did call Wilhelmina "kisama"
Old 2008-03-04, 13:09   Link #97
Kisuke06
I see...

Well, it took 20 episodes, but finally now a real villain comes out and we got a good fight.
Old 2008-03-04, 14:27   Link #98
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Found it interesting how Sabrac mentioned always holding some back in case of running into some unnamed opponent. Someone out there that actually makes this guy keep some in the tank just in case.

You have to give Sabrac credit in that he is damn good at his job.
Old 2008-03-04, 16:43   Link #99
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by feRfe View Post

it's as good as J.C. staff is gonna get
Some shots in the preview for episode 21 look more impressive then this. I hope it keeps up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
You have to give Sabrac credit in that he is damn good at his job.
Indeed i will, just watching him in action is good enough. Although he must have a weakness --- shame to see really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheezy View Post
Sabrac is now officially the coolest character in the SnS series.
Yet another person who does not understand Friagne. But yeah Sabrac is awesome, very awesome.

Okay i won't get into it. Huge Friagne fanboy here.

Last edited by Shiroth; 2008-03-04 at 17:29.
Old 2008-03-04, 17:54   Link #100
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Wilhemina is a ninja. She use 3 or 4 ninjitsus in this episode.

To me Sabrac is a cheater...
Closed Thread