AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-05-06, 14:26   Link #1
Mcdonalds

Uninhabited planet survive

Ok, just searched forum and theres not really been much info on this anime. I heard thats its good, so can i have suggestions on the attitudes people have towards this anime please.

i pretty much enjoy any genre, i heard this was a slice of life type anime so similar anime to this which i have really liked are:
- twin spica
- Planetes
Old 2004-05-06, 14:43   Link #2
chaoz
I see all and pwn all

The storyline is basically a bunch of kids on a spcaeship, that got sucked into a vortex or something and landed on a planet.

The characters are pretty unique, but some are annoying that it makes you want to stop watching. The first 10 episodes are pretty good, but it gets kinda boring after a while IMO.
Old 2004-05-06, 14:44   Link #3
DistortedRealmS

Send a message via MSN to DistortedRealmS
Very good so far in, its aimed at the younger audience yet I get joy out of watching it. its a bunch of kids learning how to survive on an unknown world. You have the characters you like and the ones you hate I recommend it.

also check out "Secret of Cerulean Sand" available on suki, the animation is nothing short of excellent and the story pulls you in much the same as survive..same voice actors now that i think about it. its a cool series based back in the old frontier times but in this world some people find "the elusive floating liquid" which could give man flight but some steal and exploit it and create an evil empire, its up to Jane a 15 yr old girl to find her brother who was supposed to be executed but clues point him alive in the center of the evil empire. cool story all around.

Cheers
Rob
Old 2004-05-06, 14:45   Link #4
babbito2k
annoying white bat

Here is a huge thread all about the show. Be sure to start at the beginning. Reading too far along will probably mean running into spoilers.

I would consider this more of an all-ages adventure series than a slice of life. There is a lot of character development, especially in the first 20 episodes, and the show is not particularly an action series. But the story does not take place in what the viewers or characters would consider a "normal" setting.
Old 2004-05-06, 15:34   Link #5
TronDD
Team the box!

It's just an entertaining series. Simple and fun. 25 episodes into it and really I would only consider 2 or 3 to be filler episodes. There is always some kind of main plot progress. Character development (back stories) has been spread out through the series instead of hitting us with them all at once then leaving us with nothing new to learn. There are still mystery characters.

This is a show for kids. Don't expect deep meaning, intense action or ecchiness. It's an adventure tale, either you'll be entertained by it or you wont.

It's my most anticipated download each week.
Old 2004-05-07, 15:39   Link #6
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

UPS is a very entertaining show... and like TronDD I look forward to the fansubs each week... it is very mellow imo and it is a abberation from the normal anime that I watch... I don't normally watch "soft" animes like this... but I made an exception for Uninhabited Planet Survive...
Old 2004-05-07, 17:48   Link #7
Mcdonalds

thnx for the feedback, sounds good so i guess i'll give it a try.
Closed Thread