AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-04-24, 23:09   Link #81
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoEevee View Post
Really...?

...It's true. My ideas and headcanon don't make sense to anyone but me. OTL

The Knight Templar thing comes from Aqua being Eraqus's best student... and his teachings can reach into Knight Templar territory occasionally. If Aqua became a Puella Magi, I can see her adding witch-hunting (...heh, witch-hunting...) to her duties as a Keyblade Wielder with great enthusiasm.

Then, she learns the truth.

She does not take it well.

Then, the slower realization that darkness and grief can never be truly eradicated piles onto this, and she goes witch. Which is (just as I planned, kekekeke...) incredibly ironic considering the KH canon. >w>
Now that you've explained the logic behind it, I can see where you're coming from. Still not entirely sure how the Witch design you came up with has anything at all to do with Aqua (though the Familiars now make sense, when before I was just kind of not thinking about them too much), but other than that I can see the connection.

Quote:
All you need is a little Insane Troll Logic. ;3

Speaking of connections... wanna hear about my Grand Mass Guess on the connections between the Soul Anatomy of various series, including Madoka? [/totallynotSchmuckBait]
I'm totally jealous of that Insane Troll Logic, then.

And now that you've brought it up, I'm already trying to work out connections in my head. Dammit, I'm a sucker for random crap like this.

Totally not falling for the bait, by the way. <_<
Akashin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 06:48   Link #82
NeoEevee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akashin View Post
Now that you've explained the logic behind it, I can see where you're coming from. Still not entirely sure how the Witch design you came up with has anything at all to do with Aqua (though the Familiars now make sense, when before I was just kind of not thinking about them too much), but other than that I can see the connection.
Methinks it was inspired by the stained glass platforms you see during a Destati/Dive to the Heart sequence.

Quote:
I'm totally jealous of that Insane Troll Logic, then.

And now that you've brought it up, I'm already trying to work out connections in my head. Dammit, I'm a sucker for random crap like this.
^^;

Quote:
Totally not falling for the bait, by the way. <_<
Darnit. Once I get going about my fanfic ideas... well, I find it hard to stop.
NeoEevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 07:47   Link #83
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Fusion Fic or straight crossover?
Fusion Fic. I know it's crazy, but I'm totally seeing Kyubey as Toothless for some reason.
Old 2011-04-25, 10:09   Link #84
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

something I'm doing for the sake of parallel universes and in prepararion to make a fanfic to make Madoka reexist in her own world. this fanfic is based on the belief that parallel universes continue on even after time resets.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Homura and the Apocalyptic Rift (Timeline #4 Continuation)
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 10:59   Link #85
Akashin

Quote:
Methinks it was inspired by the stained glass platforms you see during a Destati/Dive to the Heart sequence.
That's... a fair point, true. The stained glass part anyway; the memories part still screamed Naminé so loudly it was hard to think otherwise; still see your point, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
something I'm doing for the sake of parallel universes and in prepararion to make a fanfic to make Madoka reexist in her own world. this fanfic is based on the belief that parallel universes continue on even after time resets.
Puella Magi Madoka Magica - Homura and the Apocalyptic Rift (Timeline #4 Continuation)
I had a similar idea involving a fic taking place within Kriemhild Gretchen's Heaven, based on an idea somebody--Triple R, maybe--brought up that perhaps the entire series was taking place in Kriemhild Gretchen's Heaven. I ended up bailing on it when I realized there was no good way to truly flesh it out (without being a rehash of the main series anyway), but it's still a pretty sweet idea.
Old 2011-04-27, 04:56   Link #87
Snork
Twilight lander

Send a message via ICQ to Snork
As of the last two episodes, we have a lot of magical girls of the past, confirmed to have become witches before Madoka's grand hacking. Famous magical girls, at that. Why not work on them?
Snork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 05:06   Link #88
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
As of the last two episodes, we have a lot of magical girls of the past, confirmed to have become witches before Madoka's grand hacking. Famous magical girls, at that. Why not work on them?
I propose some good personages: Marie Antoinette, Queen Elizabeth I or Anastasia.
Old 2011-04-27, 15:25   Link #89
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
For the 10th Witch, I think I'm going to take Madoka and combine her with Kamen Rider Decade for no specific reason.

Yeah, that's what I'll do.

Perhaps I'll incorporate Marie Antoinette as a giant guillotine monster, or Anastasia as a nightmarish beast wearing armor made of rubies, at some future point.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 15:46   Link #90
Snork
Twilight lander

Speaking of Marie Antoinette... Roberta sudennly pops to mind...
Old 2011-04-28, 07:18   Link #91
sa547
*Author

People, I believe this is the longest PMMM fic in existence, at 23 chapters, and it's also a crossover with another Shinbo-directed opus.
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6814206/...cal_Chronicles

*blinks* Production rate is surprisingly fast.
Old 2011-04-28, 08:56   Link #92
Snork
Twilight lander

Flicked through first chapters. Found original characters named Gen and Kitamura.
If the nearest original character I'll encounter next is named Akiyuki, I'll freak out.
But merging MGLN and PMMM is something that waited to be done sooner or later.

btw, now that the timeline 6 magical system revolves around battling demons... Is anyone up to a ShinMegaTen crossover?
Old 2011-04-28, 09:28   Link #93
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snork View Post
btw, now that the timeline 6 magical system revolves around battling demons... Is anyone up to a ShinMegaTen crossover?
Nothing so far about it on radar, but I'm working on a crossover with this.

I like to work on new material while moving onto familiar territory.
Old 2011-04-28, 10:04   Link #94
Kazu-kun

I've been thinking about it and I came to the conclusion that I need to write some Homura fanfiction to exorcize my not so pleasant feelings about the ending, so to speak.

It's going to be post canon, centered on Homura. Mostly want to explore her coming to terms with Madoka's sacrifice. I'm gonna use her rediscovery of her powers as well as her encounter with Madoka's family as plot devices for Homura to find her role in this new world and what Madoka's "hope" actually means for her and for all the others magical girls.

I'll post a link here when it's done.
Old 2011-04-28, 10:39   Link #95
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
I've been thinking about it and I came to the conclusion that I need to write some Homura fanfiction to exorcize my not so pleasant feelings about the ending, so to speak.

It's going to be post canon, centered on Homura. Mostly want to explore her coming to terms with Madoka's sacrifice. I'm gonna use her rediscovery of her powers as well as her encounter with Madoka's family as plot devices for Homura to find her role in this new world and what Madoka's "hope" actually means for her and for all the others magical girls.

I'll post a link here when it's done.
I'll be looking forward to this. I've been looking for something that isn't Homura-centric lately due to the sheer quantity of Homura-centric fanfiction out there (though I suppose at this point treating her fully as the protagonist makes sense), but this sounds really interesting.
Old 2011-04-28, 11:51   Link #96
adorable plum

Madoka Magica - Dooming Wish

After watching the last episodes there has been a plot ghosting around my head. What do you think?

Spoiler for Chapter 1 - Last entry into her diary:

Last edited by adorable plum; 2011-04-28 at 16:54.
adorable plum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 12:12   Link #97
Akashin

Quote:
Originally Posted by adorable plum View Post
After watching the last episodes there has been a plot ghosting around my head. What do you think?

I'm of two minds here. On one hand the idea is almost unbearably interesting, and it really sounds like something I could sit down and waste hours reading, but on the other hand I'm not sure if the diary-esque style you've given it does it justice. Maybe it's just me but I think a faster paced, in-the-moment sort of writing would suit this idea better; something along the lines of the Darker Than Black OVA, where everything is thrown at you almost randomly and you're left to pick up clues of what the hell is going on as they come.

Plus I had a tough time believing that diary entry was something Madoka would write, but again, that could just be me.
Old 2011-04-28, 12:18   Link #98
adorable plum

At the moment it is rough draft of the story outline. The first chapter is basically the only one meant to be in diary style. Following ones will be different. I am looking to give a short yet comprehensive outline of the stories premise in chapter 1.

I'll post a revised and updated one later. THanks for your tips.
If there are individuals who are unlike one another, it is certain that their fates are different as well. But what if, a collision occurred bringing individuals, very different from each other, together. Most likely, we think that these people, very unlike from one another cannot possibly be companions, friends, or even lovers for their fates will ultimately separate them in the end...
Old 2011-04-28, 12:33   Link #99
hyperborealis
Lost at Sea

Sign me up for the next chapter--I'm definitely hooked. Great concept, AP. This would have been a terrific "bad but good" ending. Plus the sudden uneexpected reversal of MGs into the Bad Guys is classic Urobuchi. Smart!
hyperborealis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-28, 16:56   Link #100
adorable plum

Madoka Magica - Dooming wish

Ok here is the new updated version of the first chapter. Liking it?

If there are individuals who are unlike one another, it is certain that their fates are different as well. But what if, a collision occurred bringing individuals, very different from each other, together. Most likely, we think that these people, very unlike from one another cannot possibly be companions, friends, or even lovers for their fates will ultimately separate them in the end...

Tags
discussion, fanfiction