AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-09-05, 10:00   Link #161
RainbowMagnet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
Didn't think much about it in the CM but now that it's even on the calendar, is Hiromi feelin' up Akihito's waist a recurring thing?
It is in the light novel.
RainbowMagnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 10:43   Link #162
Woun
Banned

BTW, bg art from KyoAni shop page:
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
More: http://kagayaki.ru/?p=2359

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2013-09-06 at 21:55. Reason: placed in images tag due to large size
Woun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 12:17   Link #163
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudenvy View Post
Anyone who says this looks the same as the commercial except for the eyes is wrong. The art direction in general (especially background-wise) has changed majorly, for the worse in my opinion.
Ah, you're talking about how it looks more generally, not just the character designs. That's more understandable, at least.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
However, at least we can attribute this to the change in the character designer (darn KyoAni for being so strictly in-house).
I'm, uh, pretty sure that the original designer was still in-house.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo View Post
Quite frankly if only I'm allowed to post some LN scans here I could show that there really isn't much of a difference.
There's not, no. I posted one earlier.
People are freaking out over nothing. They're freaking out over things that would not bother them in non-KyoAni shows. It needs to stop.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 14:02   Link #164
Warm Mist

Not "freaking out", but I did prefer Chise Kamoi's approach. Besides liking the noses, her lineart is looser, more suited to action and dynamism. Current designs feel a bit too uniform in comparison, although it's nothing really big or noticeable. The reason I'd have liked Kamoi as a designer is that she would've also been the chief sakkan, so her style would be present in the whole series.

Miku Kadowaki is a good sakkan, her episodes generally have good drawings and enough personality, but Kamoi's episodes tickled my fancy more. Seems she left Kyoani though, otherwise she'd probably have been the designer.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 14:06   Link #165
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Yeah, that's understandable, I get that. I liked the original designs too, though I think the noses are still quite noticeable here.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 16:08   Link #166
Articalys

Can anyone please translate the glossary of terms on the site?

http://anime-kyokai.com/glossary/
Articalys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 16:10   Link #167
nakulas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Articalys View Post

http://anime-kyokai.com/glossary/
I was actually going to do that tonight. I'll drop a link here when I'm done.
nakulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-05, 20:48   Link #168
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
There's not, no. I posted one earlier.
People are freaking out over nothing. They're freaking out over things that would not bother them in non-KyoAni shows. It needs to stop.
Ah I see you posted a scan. That's one example.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warm Mist View Post
Seems she left Kyoani though, otherwise she'd probably have been the designer.
This strikes me odd.... This scan

Images

The designs are relative to the new ones. Really resembles what Miku Kadowaki was going for. However she wasn't credited here. Well I'm just pegging hopes that Kamoi i just really busy with KnK/Chuu2 movie. Even Kitanohara is missing from Free.
Old 2013-09-05, 21:55   Link #169
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I don't think character design is enough to ruin a show. People took Madoka seriously, even when the characters were designed by Aoki Ume of Hidamari Sketch.

At least Ryo-tomo tried to make the faces a little sharper looking like in Free! instead of completely round like in Tamako Market and K-On!.
Madoka series adapted Ume style in anime.

@Kakkou: Thanks, I see the ones on the right (anime) have tinier chins and more round eyes, this is more easy to notice on the female characters, also their noses are tinier too which makes them look younger than they are.

Body wise, looks like they picked clothes with sizes bigger than they wear.

Last edited by Miraluka; 2013-09-05 at 22:06.
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 00:03   Link #170
nakulas

Quote:
Glossary translation is here: (http://pastebin.com/XkfY4N0a). Some other stuff is here: (http://nakulas.blogspot.com/2013/09/...nslations.html)
nakulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-06, 00:13   Link #171
Skane
Anime Snark

So... nobody else is eyeing the two potential MILFs?

Old 2013-09-06, 00:22   Link #172
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The kimono-dressed lady reminds me all too much of Retsu Unohana.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 09:04   Link #173
rulfo

Reading through the available translated parts of the novel, some scenarios here are pure gold. I hope they keep majority of my favorites. I'm just hoping KyoAni doesn't dial it down.

Only a few more weeks!
Old 2013-09-07, 09:55   Link #174
winhlp32
(¬‿¬)

I'm probably one of the few people who have no problem with the character design changes , especially when all the side-characters look great.

Anyways, Taichi Ishidate. Lots of people noted that he is the apprentice of Kigami, though in terms of directing and story-telling I'd expect something closer to Ishihara. That means entertaining, quickfire slapstick/manzai comedy and grand visual statements over minute subtleties. I'd imagine Ishidate honed a lot of his directorial skills during his time as the assistant director of Nichijou, for which he also wrote an original episode of. Ishihara also seems to have a preference for alpha male leads that takes care of the bumbling heroine, and based on trailers, character descriptions, etc. Kyoukai will probably be that way as well, if that kind of character dynamic floats your boat.

But I think a lot of people are here for the action scenes. I have faith in Ishidate to present choreography that can get the blood boiling, but can he tell a good story while he is at it? October cannot come soon enough.
       /
      / \|
    /
winhlp32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 15:01   Link #175
Warm Mist

I think Ishidate's individual episodes don't feel very close to Ishihara, although of course he never was in charge of major creative decisions so I don't know how he might fare. The source material is still a fairly typical LN though...

I have hopes for the action, but mostly for Kigami being there than anything else. It doesn't seem like most animators at Kyoani can come up with particularly inventive choreography, so I guess we'll have to see.
Warm Mist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-07, 15:25   Link #176
darkchibi07

Send a message via AIM to darkchibi07 Send a message via MSN to darkchibi07
Quote:
Originally Posted by winhlp32 View Post
But I think a lot of people are here for the action scenes. I have faith in Ishidate to present choreography that can get the blood boiling, but can he tell a good story while he is at it? October cannot come soon enough.
It'll be quite interesting to see how they'll tackle an urban fantasy action series considering there's A LOT of those types before. How will they make this particular one stand out from rest especially since this Fall season there will be quite a number of action shows (most notably Kill la Kill) coming soon?
Old 2013-09-07, 23:17   Link #177
rulfo

YouTube
Another short CM with a new set of dialogues.

YouTube
And a preview of No Line(Song used for the 2nd PV) in a much better quality.
Old 2013-09-09, 01:06   Link #178
HauntingShock

Wait, which one's supposed to be the OP theme? No Line or Kyoukai no Kanata?
HauntingShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-09, 01:18   Link #179
Skane
Anime Snark

Question

Just some early speculation here... What if the main female lead's clumsiness is due to anaemia? She's a blood-user after all. All that blood drawing might be taking its toll on her, leading to dizziness. Would be a nice way of explaining why she's such a klutz.

Cheers.
Old 2013-09-09, 01:33   Link #180
Patriot's Blade
its Ghost Madoka time!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Patriot's Blade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Just some early speculation here... What if the main female lead's clumsiness is due to anaemia? She's a blood-user after all. All that blood drawing might be taking its toll on her, leading to dizziness. Would be a nice way of explaining why she's such a klutz.

Cheers.
Deadman Wonderland?
"legends said that Alto Saotome made a correct decision, he left both Ranka Lee & Sheryl Nome to marry the skies & proceed to make love with her, it was a long sight to behold according to the witnesses, the sky is now pregnant"
Patriot's Blade is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
blood magic, demons, seinen, supernatural, tragic past