AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ouran Host Club

Notices

View Poll Results: Ouran Host Club Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 127 65.80%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 15.54%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 9.33%
7 out of 10 : Good 14 7.25%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 1.55%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.52%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 193. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-28, 18:58   Link #41
McMilk
*Artist

I rated it a 10/10.

It had a perfect ending...but it kinda disappoints most of us a little because it gives us the feel "aww...it's over already T^T". But I know I feel that way when any sort of anime is over.
Old 2006-09-28, 19:31   Link #42
molitar

Excellent ending. I love it the fathers of Kyouya and Tamaki are plotting the marriage of Haruhi to their son! Looks like Haruhi has a bright future and interesting times ahead for her!
Old 2006-09-28, 21:13   Link #43
Killer Loli
baka desu

Send a message via AIM to Killer Loli
will there b a second season?
Old 2006-09-29, 08:20   Link #44
hakasan

A great ending to a wonderful anime! I'm really going to miss this series. Bones has done such a great job with this, it is the best!
My favourite part of this episode was:
Spoiler:

Don't think there will be a 2rd season. And frankly speaking, as much as I love this anime, it may be for the best that they left it like this for the anime.
Old 2006-09-29, 18:31   Link #45
Yushi

Ooooh I can see some symbolism going on in this last episode =D Remember in episode 21 'until the day it becomes a pumpkin'? When kaoru and hikaru were thrown off that horse carriage, they landed in a pumpkin patch! And remember when Kaoru was saying how Tamaki is the guy keeping the whole club together and that image of him driving the carriage? This time Tamaki is gone, and the club is breaking up, but Haruhi hops onto the carriage and takes charge to get him back aka bring the club back together.
Wonderful ending, and I'm a Tamaki x Haruhi fan so...extra 'woo hoo'! ^_^
Old 2006-09-29, 20:09   Link #46
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Spoiler for Gonna miss this series:
Old 2006-09-29, 21:43   Link #47
Feral

I thought it was rather good though the ending seemed a bit... conventional. I don't suppose I can fault BONES too much on that given the time restrictions, though. I wish they'd bought more airtime so they wouldn't have to rush and/or condense things. Though I do have a tolerance for surrealism (why would I be watching Ouran and anime in general otherwise?) some things seemed very off. Like Kyouya's sudden superhuman strength. Whut?

One thing that irked, or rather greatly amused me...
Spoiler for Just to be safe:
Old 2006-09-30, 03:21   Link #48
Blaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feral
I thought it was rather good though the ending seemed a bit... conventional. I don't suppose I can fault BONES too much on that given the time restrictions, though. I wish they'd bought more airtime so they wouldn't have to rush and/or condense things. Though I do have a tolerance for surrealism (why would I be watching Ouran and anime in general otherwise?) some things seemed very off. Like Kyouya's sudden superhuman strength. Whut?

One thing that irked, or rather greatly amused me...
Spoiler for Just to be safe:
Well, it is just dented. I mean if you try to punch your dad's car when you're angry, it'll probably leave a dent too.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-09-30, 08:06   Link #49
katakami
another procrastinator

Send a message via MSN to katakami Send a message via Yahoo to katakami
Spoiler:

Strangely, I can actually see a second season. One main thing that's not resolved is the fact that Tamaki still has not been able to meet his mother.
Old 2006-10-01, 15:04   Link #50
domino
デレデレ

I'm shocked! That was the first time in a LONG time I've seen an anime with a good ending!

Especially for BONES... BONES is infamous for shows with great beginnings but horrible endings, but this one ended perfectly! I was moved to tears the entire time.

Bravo! Best series of the year.

(I'll keep my fingers crossed for a sequel as soon as the manga develops further... I want to see more of Kyouya/Tamaki/Hikaru fighting over Haruhi )
Old 2006-10-01, 15:58   Link #51
Itachikun
Animesuki's Janitor

Send a message via AIM to Itachikun Send a message via MSN to Itachikun
Special thanks to Lunar for starting and finishing this project well in hand. Thank you for your hard work and I look forward to downloading more great releases by you guys.
________
Vaporizer Shop

Last edited by Itachikun; 2011-02-15 at 08:31.
Old 2006-10-01, 16:22   Link #52
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
omg! this ending in godly...100% perfect!! it had everything that makes a good ending...
drama ~ check
love ~ check
comedy ~ check
an end to warriong families ~ check
ended so perfectly that a 2nd season would be impossible...but i wont mind an ova

Quote:
Originally Posted by sinestra
Mori and Honey prove that you should never fuck with them i sware they had to kick at least 80 of soldiors asses. I have to hand it to the shadow prince he bought his own fathers company and then gave it back I mean damn that slick thats slick i cant even walk right now.
that deserves rep ^_^ i cnt have sed better myself! well im really gona miss this series but its been a fun ride

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-10-01, 16:25   Link #53
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Order of my favorite characters...

Kyouya, I knew he was awesome. Now if only he were to realize his own feelings for...

Haruhi in that dress and wig = uber cute.

Eclair, this episodes proves that she really is a female Tamaki; seemingly selfish on the outside, nice and kind on the inside. Makes a cute couple with him.

Hikaru, why no jealousy over Haruhi being jealous of Tamaki? Need more angst!

Renge, where tf were you?

All in all, an ok ending. Another watchable series from Lunar; they really do know how to pick series, since it jives with what I like.

Overall series score... 8/10 - episodes are watched in the same day the download was done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by domino
(I'll keep my fingers crossed for a sequel as soon as the manga develops further... I want to see more of Kyouya/Tamaki/Hikaru fighting over Haruhi )
You and me both, buddy.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
Old 2006-10-01, 16:58   Link #54
rpgman1

Pretty good ending overall to the series. Wish Tamaki did kiss Haruhi but that is too much of a stretch. Wonder why Kyoya give up control of his father's company? I guess he wants to continue managing the host club instead of taking over the company. Hikaru and Kaoru were really opening up to others since they joined the host club, but in the end overshadowed by our heroine Haruhi. Gotta love Haruhi sitting in the king's chair as she's in charge of the host club.
Old 2006-10-01, 17:56   Link #55
Jerseykid

I am never disappointed by Lunar. Does anyone know their next project?
Old 2006-10-01, 20:04   Link #56
wilsonx81

I didn't want to watch this ep, because I knew this was the last one, but I finally did and goodness, it was awesome!

It's always good to see Honey and Mori to kick some ass, and Haruhi!, I liked her before, but she is now my new goddess ^_^

Now, I'll just sit quietly and wait for the show to be licensed so I can get my DVDs ^_^
Old 2006-10-01, 21:11   Link #57
tritoch

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpgman1
Pretty good ending overall to the series. Wish Tamaki did kiss Haruhi but that is too much of a stretch. Wonder why Kyoya give up control of his father's company? I guess he wants to continue managing the host club instead of taking over the company. Hikaru and Kaoru were really opening up to others since they joined the host club, but in the end overshadowed by our heroine Haruhi. Gotta love Haruhi sitting in the king's chair as she's in charge of the host club.

If Kyouya managed to buy off his Father's company with what he earned from the Club, then ofcourse, he'll give his father's company back to his father since the club is way more profitable than the medical equipment business.
Old 2006-10-01, 21:15   Link #58
kvi

Wow that was an awesome ending. I'm agreeing with everyone else, its rare to get an actual good ending these days. The only thing is they kind of left the thing with his mom up in the air.
Old 2006-10-01, 21:37   Link #59
Hir0

Nice ending alright : D

As expected of Kyouya lol

With this ending, for some reason its possible to continue
Old 2006-10-01, 21:41   Link #60
i0td

I'm a bit disappointed that Ouran is over, but what a finish! Absolutely loved it. This will forever be, in my opinion, one of the best endings to an anime series. How I wish for an encore!
Closed Thread