AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2011-08-11, 14:01   Link #3421
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

How would the Bureau go about holding a mage prisoner? I originally thought of Limiters, but if Lutecia still has her limiter on in ViVid, then anyone with a limiter of that strength can still be a considerably talented mage.
Old 2011-08-11, 14:39   Link #3422
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

If they can place limiters that lower power, logic dictates that they can increase the strength of a limiter to the point where the mage is essentially powerless. We've never seen an upper limit to the limiters power, after all.

As for Lutecia having a limiter in Vivid... I'm quite sure her punishment is over by then, considering she's allowed to travel to different worlds and all.
Old 2011-08-11, 14:55   Link #3423
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
How would the Bureau go about holding a mage prisoner? I originally thought of Limiters, but if Lutecia still has her limiter on in ViVid, then anyone with a limiter of that strength can still be a considerably talented mage.
Refer to Scaglietti and the four loyal Numbers. If they have the tech to suppress even the cyborg's Inherent Skills (something that even the Cradle couldn't, see Subaru), they probably can whip out some localized AMF to prevent any prisoner magic. Also, Chrono's Struggle Bind has a "grounding" effect that dispels most magic over time (at least, the Japanese wiki says something along the lines), so particularly dangerous mages can be kept bound like that.
Old 2011-08-11, 15:35   Link #3424
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

I imagine suppressing a Cyborg's IS is a bit different, what with cyborgs being more technologically inclined. Mages would be different.
Old 2011-08-11, 15:41   Link #3425
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Let's remember that Chrono had magic sealing binds, that means they can seal magic if they wish.
Old 2011-08-11, 17:09   Link #3426
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

More like magic dispelling abilities, yeah very similar to sealing but still have some differences.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-11, 17:45   Link #3427
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

It stopped them from casting any magic at all, no?
Old 2011-08-11, 18:27   Link #3428
Akiyoshi
The Flame Crussader

Like i've said, those are similar but not identical. Struggle Bind dispells current magic effects and imobilizes the target. AMF prevents Spells from being casted and Eclipse outright cancel any form of magic.

...9 years ago, the day after never would be the same

~The ASFB~
Old 2011-08-11, 18:28   Link #3429
LostSome

At what age is someone magical potential is possibly evaluated ?
Since magic is so important, I always thought that it was very young. Vivid, anywho ?
But Thoma in Force seems clueless of his magical potential saying that his magic seems fairly normal to him.
I understand that I could interpret this wrong...
But it is possible for a 15 years old such as Thoma to never had any form of magical evaluation ?
Old 2011-08-11, 18:42   Link #3430
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akiyoshi View Post
Like i've said, those are similar but not identical. Struggle Bind dispells current magic effects and imobilizes the target. AMF prevents Spells from being casted and Eclipse outright cancel any form of magic.
Then why did the Lieze twins call out Chrono to release their binds when they were with Graham? Even though they were not physically restricted in any way? Because it had sealed their magic.

I never compared them to AMF and Eclipse to begin with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
At what age is someone magical potential is possibly evaluated ?
Since magic is so important, I always thought that it was very young. Vivid, anywho ?
But Thoma in Force seems clueless of his magical potential saying that his magic seems fairly normal to him.
I understand that I could interpret this wrong...
But it is possible for a 15 years old such as Thoma to never had any form of magical evaluation ?
Different worlds have different magical cultures. For example, Mid Childan is the peak of magical culture, Earth the very bottom with no magic culture at all. Thoma's world could have a low magic culture. That, or he just never asked. Magic study is optional, as indicated by Vivid.
Old 2011-08-13, 22:13   Link #3431
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Was it ever confirmed which part of Mid-Childa that the Takamachi residence (featured in ViVid) was built?

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!
Old 2011-08-14, 00:34   Link #3432
LostSome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Different worlds have different magical cultures. For example, Mid Childan is the peak of magical culture, Earth the very bottom with no magic culture at all. Thoma's world could have a low magic culture. That, or he just never asked. Magic study is optional, as indicated by Vivid.
He was getting a recommendation for magic school in Mid, so I was thinking it was a little weird if he never did.
I can believe he was never really interested in the actual results.
He did a great job at disabling the locks without setting off the alarm... So he`s not a novice.
Wait... What Subaru and the others have been teaching this kid ?
Old 2011-08-14, 04:13   Link #3433
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Send a message via ICQ to Koveras Alvane Send a message via MSN to Koveras Alvane
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post
Was it ever confirmed which part of Mid-Childa that the Takamachi residence (featured in ViVid) was built?
Vivio's school is in Northern Mid-Childa with the rest of the Church, so the Takamachi residence is either there, or in the Central Mid... The second part of the sentence is speculation, though.
Old 2011-08-14, 09:25   Link #3434
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koveras Alvane View Post
Vivio's school is in Northern Mid-Childa with the rest of the Church, so the Takamachi residence is either there, or in the Central Mid... The second part of the sentence is speculation, though.
Which brings up all kinds of questions about how big these different regions are and how people travel from one area to another. Especially since from what we've seen, the settled/inhabited areas of Mid really only seem like they're parts of one city rather than different areas of a nation, continent, or planet.

Incidentally, does anyone have a source as to where "Cranagan" (or any variant spelling thereof) is identified as Mid's capital city?
Old 2011-08-14, 10:07   Link #3435
Yasanagi
A Drifter...
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Yasanagi
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
Which brings up all kinds of questions about how big these different regions are and how people travel from one area to another. Especially since from what we've seen, the settled/inhabited areas of Mid really only seem like they're parts of one city rather than different areas of a nation, continent, or planet.

Incidentally, does anyone have a source as to where "Cranagan" (or any variant spelling thereof) is identified as Mid's capital city?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks to 00-Raiser for hooking me up with the sig!

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2011-08-14 at 12:03. Reason: Please don't link to scan sites, upload the image to an image hosting site instead.
Old 2011-08-14, 13:44   Link #3436
Koveras Alvane
Mastermind Rational
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
From what I gathered in from the Japanese wiki (whose page, itself, is largely eclectic, since there has never been an official map of the Mid), the planet Mid-Childa hosts a single inhabited continent, which is divided into five regions. Cranagan is at the center of it, the Church rules in the North; those two also seem to be the most densely populated ones. Presea's old hideout (before she moved into space) was in the Southern region, which the Japanese wiki calls a "frontier". A point of curiosity: the ocean bay that the Long Arch was located next to is obviously to the south, yet the Long Arch is listed under Central Mid-Childa. This suggests a rather peculiar-looking coastline.

Eastern region was where the Cradle lay hidden all this time, so it couldn't have been very well explored, either. Western region is a blank spot, but I am guessing it's not very densely inhabited, either. Judging by the even climate across all locations we've seen so far, I am guessing the continent is about the size of continental Europe, with the central and northern parts being the most settled. Incidentally, such prevalence of oceans would further temperate the climate across the planet.

That's just my analysis, based on what little we know, though.
Old 2011-08-14, 18:51   Link #3437
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasanagi View Post

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Thank you!
Old 2011-08-15, 01:25   Link #3438
Tiresias
Labda Prakarsa Nirwikara

What does MC (used in calendars) stands for?
Old 2011-08-15, 03:13   Link #3439
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Modern Calendar.
Old 2011-08-15, 03:17   Link #3440
ShouTakuya

Why does Nanoha and Fate are on different division?