Kissing...

Yay pantsu. The first ep was pretty good for me, though I might just be biased
Old 2010-07-11, 22:22   Link #163
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Yay pantsu. The first ep was pretty good for me, though I might just be biased
You're not alone. Was a nice ep. What I am still wondering about is what some viewers didn't seem to like about the seemingly repetitious first episode in comparison to season 1's first episode. I think it was okay, which my main question being how else would they go about this? Season 1 ended in a way where we'd (I) would want to see what happened [with the letter], and at least Miyafuji and Mio didn't go by boat this time. Sure beats a "3 years later" or some simple paragraph of text explaining how Miyafuji ended up in Britannia again
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 18:40   Link #164
Solafighter
Hige

Just finished rewatching the first season and...
Spoiler for ending of Season1:

Someone posted here(cant find the post right away from him/her) about, if other Witches may show up in the 2nd season. I think, that there might be other Witches, but who are all not in the main fighter team. So basicly, in the background or on other bases or simply not on the same airbase. From the ED, i presume that the legendary group of the 501th fighter wing will still be together in action.

I like, that music from the first season will be also used for the second season, but i also hope, to get some new tracks. The style of this music fits pretty good to this anime, which makes it even more enjoyable to watch.

Oh.. and i hope to see the (let me call it)"magical ability" of Erica Hartmann better, than in the first season.
If im not mistaken, it wasnt shown from Yaeger at all.
Old 2010-07-13, 22:28   Link #165
mangatron

phoney post

Shirley's ability eh... I thought for sure it had something to do with speed, but if that wasn't it, you're right, it wasn't shown. Was Minna's shown as well? Because as her fan I really don't remember hers at all. (unless it was the singing episode...)
Old 2010-07-13, 22:37   Link #166
MitsubishiZero
Resource cabinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Shirley's ability eh... I thought for sure it had something to do with speed, but if that wasn't it, you're right, it wasn't shown. Was Minna's shown as well? Because as her fan I really don't remember hers at all. (unless it was the singing episode...)
Shirley's abiliy, if not mistaken, should be speed. Even in the NDS game, Shirley's properties are more on the speed/agility side.......coupled with Lucchini's point shield they are a good combo. As for Minna, her ability is to sense the surrounds, just like a radar.....if coupled with Sakamoto they can create a 3D radar which is very useful in searching for the core....

I am nobody, just a simple resource cabinet.....
MitsubishiZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-13, 23:59   Link #167
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by MitsubishiZero View Post
Shirley's abiliy, if not mistaken, should be speed. Even in the NDS game, Shirley's properties are more on the speed/agility side.......coupled with Lucchini's point shield they are a good combo. As for Minna, her ability is to sense the surrounds, just like a radar.....if coupled with Sakamoto they can create a 3D radar which is very useful in searching for the core....
Aha I see. Although, I thought Sanya was the radar, or is that acoustics. As for Minna I would probably classify her more on the perception side than radar, which one could also say it's like a radar. Heh, hopefully they'll be more creative with season two and utilize these abilities more frequently, seeing as how the Neuroi are more powerful, they would need tactics to win, unless... they too get powered up
Old 2010-07-14, 03:20   Link #168
SanyaChan

sanya is more like uhhh i dont really know how to explain lolol ;/ just that as seen in season 1 shes good at reading when the enemy is about to strike ( last epi of season 1,she did warned ever 1 when every1 was in their strikers that the neuroi was about to attack) and able to pinpoint enemy via the magical thingy that appears on her head >_> correct me if im wrong >_< not sure how to phase what i just written
SanyaChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 03:37   Link #169
Dahak86
Classics never age

Oh, Sanya, one of my fav. witches. I loved the unforgettable ep. of season 1 dedicated to her, the one about her birthday and the radio-thingy... what was it, ep 6 right? one of the best eps of season 1. I hope, we're going to get another similar one..
along with another ep 7, of course.
Old 2010-07-14, 03:45   Link #170
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Just finished rewatching the first season and...
Spoiler for ending of Season1:
Only one hive was destroyed in season 1, but there are more hives than just the Galia one.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 07:11   Link #171
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keroko View Post
Only one hive was destroyed in season 1, but there are more hives than just the Galia one.
Ah ok then it matches.
Old 2010-07-14, 07:19   Link #172
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanyaChan View Post
sanya is more like uhhh i dont really know how to explain lolol ;/ just that as seen in season 1 shes good at reading when the enemy is about to strike ( last epi of season 1,she did warned ever 1 when every1 was in their strikers that the neuroi was about to attack) and able to pinpoint enemy via the magical thingy that appears on her head >_> correct me if im wrong >_< not sure how to phase what i just written
Yeah, she was able to identify distance. Blind fighting, so to say. The thingy on her cute little head is a radar array, commonly used by most night fighters of WWII. I get a laugh thinking about how today's fighters would look with that thing on their nose

And don't worry, your post was easy to read,... for a Sanya-chan fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post
Oh, Sanya, one of my fav. witches. I loved the unforgettable ep. of season 1 dedicated to her, the one about her birthday and the radio-thingy... what was it, ep 6 right? one of the best eps of season 1. I hope, we're going to get another similar one..
along with another ep 7, of course.
The one about her birthday and the radio thingy, eh..... HOW DID YOU FORGET THE BATH SCENE OH NO TELL ME YOU DIDN'T FORGET THAT

Episode 06 was great, and I still get a big laugh at how they began episode 07: with Sanya-chan's butt
Old 2010-07-14, 07:49   Link #173
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

I kinda agree with the reservations about Sakamoto's new seiyuu... For some reason, she sounds way more menacing this time around. It's like she went from a strict/stern sergeant voice to a mean/stern sergeant voice..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 08:14   Link #174
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
I kinda agree with the reservations about Sakamoto's new seiyuu... For some reason, she sounds way more menacing this time around. It's like she went from a strict/stern sergeant voice to a mean/stern sergeant voice..
Yeah she does a good job, though it's just a shame the epic laugh is no way near as awesome as it once was.
Old 2010-07-14, 09:21   Link #175
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

It's kinda like how in Futurama, a few voice actors didn't come back (contractual dispute). lol

At least they didn't change EVERYBODYS' voice. That would have been really awkward (and also kinda cool)..

But yeah, can't wait to hear how Sakamoto laughs this time.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-14, 09:40   Link #176
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
But yeah, can't wait to hear how Sakamoto laughs this time.
We heard it in the first episode. Didn't work at all.
Old 2010-07-14, 11:28   Link #177
mangatron

phone post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
We heard it in the first episode. Didn't work at all.
You know, she did run off to the mountains or something. Let's just accept it as time went by, so.... people did grow up in this season 2

Or perhaps too much isolation went a little hard on her throat, you know. Not having someone else around to converse with can make one's voice a little coarse

Ok I digress
Old 2010-07-14, 12:13   Link #178
Wrath88
Kissing...

Or maybe among the Fuso people there, there's a story about eerie laughter that echoes throughout the trees on the forest, which supposedly belongs to a lonely white Oni that would steal humans to try and 'befriend' (Nanoha pun intended), but after Sakamoto came down from the mountains, no more laughter was heard, and rumors start to go around that Sakamoto killed the Oni.

Dang, mangatron got me too.

On topic, I'm curious to see how Sakamoto's skills have adapted around her failing magic.
Old 2010-07-14, 12:44   Link #179
mangatron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrath88 View Post
Or maybe among the Fuso people there, there's a story about eerie laughter that echoes throughout the trees on the forest, which supposedly belongs to a lonely white Oni that would steal humans to try and 'befriend' (Nanoha pun intended), but after Sakamoto came down from the mountains, no more laughter was heard, and rumors start to go around that Sakamoto killed the Oni.

Dang, mangatron got me too.
(the Nanoha part really had me lol)

Quote:
On topic, I'm curious to see how Sakamoto's skills have adapted around her failing magic.
That's also what I'm anticipating to see. With her shields next to nothing, this is one of the things I mentioned earlier about tactics, because when she goes to battle there's no blocking an attack, so she'll have to survive without a defense. Now, that sword of hers.... I just had a funny thought that maybe it's an anti-beam blade
Old 2010-07-14, 12:55   Link #180
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Oh lawd, they recycled animation from the first ep.
Spoiler:

As for the next ep...
Spoiler:
fict_ticious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kemonomimi, light novel adaptation, mecha, mecha musume