Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-05-25, 08:53   Link #601
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by ID555 View Post
Are the lines in the preview usually taken from the next episode itself? I'd like to see Inami acting cute with Takanashi (that 'dame?').
I skimmed the previews all over again...and it doesn't look like they're actual lines in the episodes (though the characters do say something similar most of the time).

Speaking of episode 9...I caved in and skimmed the manga: now I can only pray that A1-Pictures pulls this off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWW View Post
Plus, it'd be extremely disturbing if he did fall for women age 12 and younger.
Takanashi is sloooooowly improving - they just haven't pointed it out as much.

On a different note, I'd also like to note something that no one seems to have said yet: Yachiyo offered to stay behind with Satou when Kyouko came by. (sidenote: if your Japanese isn't particularly good, I'd highly recommend waiting for one of the later subs.) With feeding him gum, this and turning her thoughts back to him at the end, I'd say Yamada's interference has changed something, subtle though it is.

Then again, this was an anime-original...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-05-26 at 07:05.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 09:05   Link #602
Francismeunier
Banned

Episode 8

Really good episode! Nice thing to have taken things outside the restaurant because of a construction accident giving all the day off. First thing came into mind when Yamada spoke of kappa.....Arakawa bridge for some reason...anyone else?=>
Spoiler:
Things really started to pick up in the laughter with Jun's reaction here=>

at the mention of Yachiyo from Souma. But it really hit the top with Yachiyo giving gum to Jun directly with her hand. Another good part was with Inami having a breast complex=>
Spoiler:
and drinking milk after. The last most LOL I had was Jun leaving Souma at the mention of Yahciyo again but funny thing is he did not leave Souma. Easy 10/10

Next episode........Souta should have done that long time ago so with Inami things would have went better. Wonder if the key things about Inami's problem will be revealed with her father coming.
Francismeunier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 09:43   Link #603
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
Really good episode! Nice thing to have taken things outside the restaurant because of a construction accident giving all the day off. First thing came into mind when Yamada spoke of kappa.....Arakawa bridge for some reason...anyone else?=>
Dunno about anyone else, but I'm hearing "ka-ba" here (i.e. the reverse of "ba-ka), rather than "ka-p-pa", especially when I compare it to Yamada and Poplar saying "kappa" later in the episode...

sorry...

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2010-05-25 at 17:54. Reason: got too excited m(_ _ )m (reminder noted)
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 10:18   Link #604
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
Dunno about anyone else, but I'm hearing "ka-ba" here (i.e. the reverse of "ba-ka), rather than "ka-p-pa", especially when I compare it to Yamada and Poplar saying "kappa" later in the episode...
Well that's what they translated it to when I watched it and what the other reply about......I don't get the characters you wrote.
Old 2010-05-25, 10:36   Link #605
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
I noticed the same. It sounded like someone mispronouncing "ba-ka" as "ka-ba" rather than "Ka-p-pa".
Old 2010-05-25, 11:06   Link #606
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I noticed the same. It sounded like someone mispronouncing "ba-ka" as "ka-ba" rather than "Ka-p-pa".
Guess I will take as Yamada not being able to pronounce things properly on the other hand her cute overload with the part of Oni-chan towards Souma is what makes her great.
Old 2010-05-25, 11:57   Link #607
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
I skimmed the previews all over again...and it doesn't look like they're actual lines in the episodes (though the characters do say something similar most of the time).
Ah, that's too bad.

Quote:
On a different note, I'd also like to note something that no one seems to have said yet: Yachiyo offered to stay behind with Satou when Kyouko came by. (sidenote: if you're Japanese isn't particularly good, I'd highly recommend waiting for one of the later subs.) With feeding him gum, this and turning her thoughts back to him at the end, I'd say Yamada's interference has changed something, subtle though it is.

Then again, this was an anime-original...
Yes, it could be that the woman in her is attracted to Satou but her brain's full of Kyouko
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 12:54   Link #608
wingman32x

Episode 8 was good. Man, Aoi seems to be an interesting character. Inami was really cute, as well. Once again, I'm surprised at how much time Inami is getting with Souta. I like how she's trying to get rid of her manphobia. I can respect that. Most other girls in anime I've seen that had this, they didn't try to improve themselves, as if they were accepting it. Not Inami, she's actively taking steps to improve herself. So yeah, Inami is my favorite character of the series. The end of the episode was funny, with Inami's water not going through during that ritual . Anyway, a good episode IMO.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 14:30   Link #609
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
episode 8

This was a pretty decent episode since we get to see the crazy crew outside of work. What better place to go when you cant work? well this is Japan so Onsen is the best. I thought Inami was cute when she insisted she would be fine. I can understand why the girl would be frustrated. Because of her man fear she cant hang out with her friends or even go out to most places for fear of wrecking someones face. But her determination alone made the whole scene extremely cute, along with her packing scene and discovering you get in a hot spring naked lol.

Im honestly starting to feel bad for Satou it seems ever since he dropped the bomb things just keep get harder for him. Even outside of the office the guy cant say no to Yachiyo all the guy wanted to do was return some movies. However some good did come from it. We saw Yachiyo offer to stay behind with him plus the feeding of the gum you just dont do that to anyone. She could have very easily handed the gum to him. Also, at the end she wonder if he was ok when they going home. This is the most we have seen her really think about Satou. The funny thing is he has no clue. As much as i did enjoy the Inami and Takanashi moments especially the intervention that resulted in his face being punched but i also enjoyed that blushing looking of hers when Takanashi was being nice.

But for some reason Satou and Yachiyo just made the episode for me. However, when Yamada jumped on Satou cars and laid there like plastered bug i couldnt stop laughing. She was definitely a great addition to the cast and fits right in with those weirdos.

Though im disappointed its 12 episodes im still enjoying the ride. Some of the gags may be repetitive but its a series i can sit down and not have to think to hard about and really enjoy myself. Im looking forward to seeing if ep 9 revels the source of Inami's manphobia with her father appearing.
Old 2010-05-25, 17:35   Link #610
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

sigh... time to compare the various fansubs again to see which one fits my preferences best. I had too many flinches in the last several eps. Yeah, I'm picky...
Old 2010-05-25, 17:54   Link #611
CWW
Lurker

My favorite unintentional subbing error was in episode 6:
Spoiler:
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 19:03   Link #612
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
sigh... time to compare the various fansubs again to see which one fits my preferences best. I had too many flinches in the last several eps. Yeah, I'm picky...
I've tried Himatsubushi, FFFPeeps, and Chihiro.

Himatsubushi had a good deal of errors and actually left some random stuff untranslated ("Keitai sure are convenient!") I dunno, maybe I just grabbed the episode they speedsubbed really badly but I wouldn't go to them again.

FFFPeeps and Chihiro both seemed good to me, but Chihiro is slower. I watched Chihiro when I was catching up, but now I'm watching FFFPeeps.
Old 2010-05-25, 19:38   Link #613
ZODDGUTS

FFFpeeps because there the only one's that releases a 720p version, not sure why other sub groups don't do that.

Last edited by ZODDGUTS; 2010-05-25 at 23:04.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-25, 20:41   Link #614
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I've had fair luck with Chihiro over many series, haven't looked at FFFpeeps but they were on my "to look" list.
Old 2010-05-26, 00:33   Link #615
NinjaYali
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nukerjsr View Post
To Hyouzan and Ninjayali, I'm not really angered at Animesuki, but ever since that 3rd Episode people have REALLY been grasping for straws to look for romantic connections. And I don't think I've ever seen a show that has such unmotivated romance and yet many people look at it as cute. And I think some of it kind of cute like the stuff with Poplar or Yamada, but Inami's and Yachiyo's crazy is just ridiculous.

I'm not exactly sure what makes this relationships endearing since the characters themselves aren't that endearing. Inami feels ashamed about her manphobia, but has she REALLY done anything to stop it? No. And Yachiyo has no shame with her thoughts about Kyouko and Satou.

I feel like the border here between "interesting" to "mental" that has been crossed and it's really making things suffer. Maybe I don't feel like this show can walk the fine line like others do. But it feels like the theme of this show is moving from "An interesting group of people who work at a restaurant" to "Three men take care of and look over this group of incredibly strange women." (Which The ED almost says itself. ^^
Unmotivated romance...Code Geass and Strike Witches maybe (latter is one-sided everytime. Rule number 1 from SW, all French are stalkers)

As for Inami, one-sided jokes as you say so it's going to continue forever and ever. Which makes me wonder why she doesn't just work at some lesbian bar.

As for the men, we could argue Takanashi has a lot of control over Inami in their relationship...but since I keep on projecting my hatred of pedophiles onto him it's okay.
NinjaYali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-26, 00:40   Link #616
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by NinjaYali View Post
Unmotivated romance...Code Geass and Strike Witches maybe (latter is one-sided everytime. Rule number 1 from SW, all French are stalkers)

As for Inami, one-sided jokes as you say so it's going to continue forever and ever. Which makes me wonder why she doesn't just work at some lesbian bar.

As for the men, we could argue Takanashi has a lot of control over Inami in their relationship...but since I keep on projecting my hatred of pedophiles onto him it's okay.
I think with Inami the simple thing is that she wants to interact normally with people. Working in some lesbian bar or something really wouldn't solve her problem. It'd be the same as hiding out in her house all day. Being at the restaurant lets her go up against her phobia and try to work past it.
Old 2010-05-26, 01:12   Link #617
Francismeunier
Banned

Quote:
Makes me wonder too but you got to admit that a restaurant might be a good place for her to fight her problem. Thus I think that is why she took this job or it could be because of Poplar
Quote:
Rofl In age difference it's no problem but appearance wise I agree with you.
Old 2010-05-26, 03:02   Link #618
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZODDGUTS View Post
FFFpeeps because there the only one's that releases a 720p version, not sure why other sub groups don't do that.
Because it's not true 720p.

And I wasn't impressed with FFFPeeps or any of the other releases. For watching, it's not that big of an issue, but I prefer Yuurisans-m.3.3.w., and as (bad) luck would have it, they are taking their time and combined with the fact that YuS stated they'd be disbanding and no progress seems to be made on it, it might take a while before they complete this project – if at all.
Old 2010-05-26, 03:17   Link #619
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
Because it's not true 720p.

And I wasn't impressed with FFFPeeps or any of the other releases. For watching, it's not that big of an issue, but I prefer Yuurisans-m.3.3.w., and as (bad) luck would have it, they are taking their time and combined with the fact that YuS stated they'd be disbanding and no progress seems to be made on it, it might take a while before they complete this project – if at all.
That's too bad... the Y-m33w releases were higher up in my "preferred" cloud in terms of producing natural dialog. Chihiro has been okay... though I'd have worded the occasional sentence differently for flow or intent. Downloading FFFPeeps for comparison when I get time.
Old 2010-05-26, 03:28   Link #620
FateAnomaly

Do Inami really have man-phobia? It seems that her problem is not that she is afraid of them, rather she just wants to beat them up. To beat someone up, you actually had to get close to them and make contact with them.

@pseudonhym: Nice avatar btw
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, seinen