2 out of 10: Very Bad... 0 0%
1 out of 10: Torturous... 0 0%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2012-08-29, 12:17   Link #81
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
It was in a flashback when Ezcelant recruited Zeheart to his cause.

Though he never explained why it was a regression given the fact that you gained mind controlling capabilities and such.

But so far those are the results of people experimenting in pushing the limits on x-rounder capabilities. Flit on the other hand is an old guy who never went anywhere near such a thing and has not acted like some caveman. Asemu would be the closest out of all the Asunos to do it.
wait, what?! since when do X-Rounders have mind controlling abilities? Are you saying this because of that little confrontation between Ezelcant and Zeheart where he gets Zeheart to be his successor? I think that's more Zeheart being gullible and stupid than Ezelcant having mind control lol.
Old 2012-08-29, 12:27   Link #82
Znozzy
Praise the sun!

I belive he is talking about the Eden flash scenes Ezelcant has a habit of projecting
Znozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 12:32   Link #83
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's still not mind control, but more along the lines of communication.
Old 2012-08-29, 15:22   Link #84
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolutionist View Post
wait, what?! since when do X-Rounders have mind controlling abilities? Are you saying this because of that little confrontation between Ezelcant and Zeheart where he gets Zeheart to be his successor? I think that's more Zeheart being gullible and stupid than Ezelcant having mind control lol.
Decil demonstrated the ability to take control of machines for his own use.

Then you got Renai who went berserk and took control of the machines but was also hampering the other x-rounders.

Of course maybe I stretched it a bit but I find it hard to believe Ezcelant lasted so long without some pushing around in the mind.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 15:30   Link #85
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness View Post
Of course maybe I stretched it a bit but I find it hard to believe Ezcelant lasted so long without some pushing around in the mind.
Maybe he has, but that doesn't mean he used psychic powers. There are other means of affecting the minds (e.g. propaganda).
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-29, 17:28   Link #86
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Yeah Decil took control of their machines, but not the pilots. IIRC Yurin was yelling "stop it!" the whole time Decil was using her Farsia against Flit, and Girard again took control of people's bits but not their minds.
Old 2012-08-29, 17:47   Link #87
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The MS control hijack is specifically mentioned to be technology based; more specifically, it was mentioned to be a function of the Khronos, which was based distantly off of the Zedas. So while it's likely a function that requires an X-Rounder to use (like funnel weaponry in U.C. needing a Newtype), it's still grounded in technology and therefore doesn't truly fall under "mind control powers".
Old 2012-08-30, 04:07   Link #88
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Controlling other units seems to be limited, however, to units that have an X-Rounder interface.

Does that mean that Age-1 was fitted with one?
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 06:18   Link #89
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Controlling other units seems to be limited, however, to units that have an X-Rounder interface.

Does that mean that Age-1 was fitted with one?
Decil's Mu-cell tech requires an X-Rounder with a slave Mu-cell helmet to jack their mecha. An X-Rounder brain acts as a middleman.

Girard Spriggan's X-Rounder tech is unknown if homegrown Fed tech or Vegan upgrade.

One thing is for sure they didn't intend to give her tech that would hijack their remote weapons.

From what we know of the examination of the Mu-cell helmet it is potentially brain damaging.

The extent of Ezelcant's X-Rounder abilities are stronger than anybody seen thus far. He was able to telepathically tell Zeheart not to sacrifice himself as he has still use of him during the climax of Asemu's arc. This is besides his projected vision of Eden used for indoctrination.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 09:44   Link #90
kakakka

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Decil's Mu-cell tech requires an X-Rounder with a slave Mu-cell helmet to jack their mecha. An X-Rounder brain acts as a middleman.
Where did you even get this?
kakakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 11:06   Link #91
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It's not hard to deduce, considering Decil NEEDED Yurin to pilot that thing.
Old 2012-08-30, 11:24   Link #92
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by kakakka View Post
Where did you even get this?
Decil controlling the Farsia and Magician 8 mecha like nobody's business. Common point both are X-Rounders using Mu-cell helmets.

He never did this with anybody else not an X-Rounder.

If Decil can control Vegan MS as unmanned drones he would've have. But he still needs an X-Rounder to serve as a transmitter.

Remember rumors of the past wars with one MS controlling hundred of MS? Could be unmanned drones or they were manned directed by a single intelligence.

I can see why the signatories of the Silver Chalice Treaty burned all that tech behind them.

Some of these weapons are nightmare fuel.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 11:34   Link #93
overloard

Didn't Zeheart remotely control Zedas without proxy X-Rounder at the beginning of gen 2?
overloard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-30, 11:53   Link #94
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

That's just autopilot, and it was Daz who did the controlling. That's nothing surprising or special--hell, the Gundam AGE-2 is capable of the same.
Old 2012-08-30, 12:17   Link #95
overloard

How can you be sure it's auto-pilot? Also, wasn't Decil's Zedas moving on its own in ep 9, when it was at Madorna's for upgrade? Though he may have been hiding in cockpit, but it's still a possibility.

Last edited by overloard; 2012-08-30 at 15:05.
Old 2012-08-30, 12:31   Link #96
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Desil was at Ambat when the Madorna thing went down. However, he clearly told someone to call off the attack, so someone else was controlling it.
Old 2012-08-30, 12:49   Link #97
overloard

Yeah, i forgot. Just rewatched it, doesn't look like he controls Zedas, though it seems odd that some random guy was allowed to pilot they top MS and was able to outmatch gundam.
Old 2012-08-30, 13:35   Link #98
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

The way Desil called out implied that the person was nearby, so I'm assuming that the mobile suit was being remote controlled, just by someone else instead of Desil.
Old 2012-08-31, 10:35   Link #99
quagmire

What about the next episode where the Spallow debuted and Desil was mad in that he was better than that( after getting yelled at for stop wasting mobile suits)? If he wasn't controlling that unit, why would he be mad about being defeated by the Spallow?
quagmire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-31, 11:20   Link #100
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

That was back when the UE were still the UE, and the X-Rounder thing was unheard of.

Tags
weekly episode discussion