AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 2017-01-06, 12:33   Link #21
AB079
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
This setup is based on Kaiser Germany or Prussia, not a Nazi... Seriously where do you see Nazis here?
The way how the characters act gives me that vibe, is not even related on how they are using the story but even if they change the setup anyone can tell this is pretty much taking some basis on the Nazis.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Botan_TM View Post
Spoiler for comparison with novel:
Spoiler for about it:
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 12:33   Link #22
Irenesharda
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Chicago
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Pretty straight forward episode with pure battle + battle + Nazis everywhere. It feels rushed or they simply skipped something because I can tell there are some part missing.
Less Nazi, more Imperial. Pretty much everyone's uniforms in this not-Europe, is WWI era style, rather than WWII.

It did feel a little rushed in that I really didn't connect to anyone, but I think it just needs a little more time to unfold.
__________________
"Someone who cannot forgive lies or secrets, will never trust another."

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 12:39   Link #23
AB079
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Less Nazi, more Imperial. Pretty much everyone's uniforms in this not-Europe, is WWI era style, rather than WWII.
The series itself said this is placed on 1942 (unless that was a mistake of the subs), which means the same period of time of the Nazis. While I agree this looks different is using the same basis of the WW2 history mixed with WW1 elements.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 12:49   Link #24
human6861
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
The series itself said this is placed on 1942 (unless that was a mistake of the subs), which means the same period of time of the Nazis. While I agree this looks different is using the same basis of the WW2 history mixed with WW1 elements.
My sub is 1924.
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 12:51   Link #25
AB079
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by human6861 View Post
My sub is 1924.
Really? what the hell... okay who can say from the source the year where this is placed?
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 12:54   Link #26
Flower
Blooming on the mountain
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Really? what the hell... okay who can say from the source the year where this is placed?
CR also says 1924 at 4:03 or so ... and the manga at least also places the events happening that time and earlier.

So yes ... as others have said, I think it is not-Germany in not-Europe in a mirror of not-WW1 ... it is not always a 1=1 comparison, of course, but I think those are the general frameworks involved here.
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 12:56   Link #27
AB079
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
CR also says 1924 at 4:03 or so ... and the manga at least also places the events happening that time and earlier.

So yes ... as others have said, I think it is not-Germany in not-Europe in a mirror of not-WW1 ... it is not always a 1=1 comparison, of course, but I think those are the general frameworks involved here.
Thanks for the clarification, haven't read the manga but I guess I need to do it since trusting the subs is not a wise desition.

Basically the general idea of this story is based on WW1 settings, nice to know that now.
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 13:01   Link #28
Botan_TM
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Polandball
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Spoiler for about it:
Spoiler for General information about vol.1 content:


Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
The series itself said this is placed on 1942 (unless that was a mistake of the subs), which means the same period of time of the Nazis. While I agree this looks different is using the same basis of the WW2 history mixed with WW1 elements.
As said above, it's a 1924.
Well, Great War and WWII were not that much different from geostrategic point of view. With just a one episode and trace of setup it can be confused.

Anyway even from first episode it can be said, it not just a straight copy of WWI or a copy with just some random illogical changes to it. I appreciate that too.
__________________
Anime & LN

Last edited by Botan_TM; 2017-01-06 at 13:06. Reason: some corrects
Botan_TM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 13:15   Link #29
Zefyris
図書館狼
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
The anime starts in media res to grab the attention from the watcher, those scenes (well, the scenes they originate for, since there's a lot of difference) is from the middle of the first volume (skipping something like the prologue, chapter 1 and 2 to start at chapter 3)
Expect some heavy flashback to explain what is going on here. Well, I suppose they're going to explain it in the anime sooner or later right. Right? Right?
__________________
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 13:29   Link #30
human6861
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
The anime starts in media res to grab the attention from the watcher, those scenes (well, the scenes they originate for, since there's a lot of difference) is from the middle of the first volume (skipping something like the prologue, chapter 1 and 2 to start at chapter 3)
Expect some heavy flashback to explain what is going on here. Well, I suppose they're going to explain it in the anime sooner or later right. Right? Right?
I don't think so . With how it made , i think it will be 12 episodes and will be rush .
human6861 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 13:40   Link #31
kuromitsu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
I don't quite know what possessed me to watch this episode...

Oh well. This is the kind of thing I'd probably enjoy if it was over the top, self-aware and funny and sarcastic. But it's not, so... nope, definitely not my cup of tea. (More like 20 minutes of me rolling my eyes.)
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 13:49   Link #32
Zefyris
図書館狼
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
I don't quite know what possessed me to watch this episode...

Oh well. This is the kind of thing I'd probably enjoy if it was over the top, self-aware and funny and sarcastic. But it's not, so... nope, definitely not my cup of tea. (More like 20 minutes of me rolling my eyes.)
From a novel reader, it is completely self aware, I can confirm that.
Funny, no, that's not the type you're searching for indeed.
__________________
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 14:23   Link #33
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
For a country full of military geniuses and surrounded only by "potential" enemies on all sides, plan 315, aka "piss off everyone to the point your forces are stretched so thin they can barely hold out the enemy, then use some bullshit deus-ex super force zipping around to DEFEAT EVERYONE AND WIN!" sounds like a remarkably retarded option.

EDIT: I had heard people calling Tanya evil for her behaviour towards her subordinates, but this seems pretty tame...? Pretty sure for disobedience in the heat of battle she could have had them shot, and yet she merely sends them back home and when they even disobey to THAT still she only puts them in a shit job.
__________________
----
What if Goku was super smart and had a thing for philosophy? Find out in The Optimised Wish Project!
----

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 14:33   Link #34
Ryuga
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post

EDIT: I had heard people calling Tanya evil for her behaviour towards her subordinates, but this seems pretty tame...? Pretty sure for disobedience in the heat of battle she could have had them shot, and yet she merely sends them back home and when they even disobey to THAT still she only puts them in a shit job.
You could make that argument, yeah, though I still think she's a piece of shit for doing that lol.
Ryuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 14:54   Link #35
Xical
Phantom User
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post

EDIT: I had heard people calling Tanya evil for her behaviour towards her subordinates, but this seems pretty tame...? Pretty sure for disobedience in the heat of battle she could have had them shot, and yet she merely sends them back home and when they even disobey to THAT still she only puts them in a shit job.
Spoiler for maybe spoiler:
.
__________________
Xical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 14:56   Link #36
Gan_HOPE326
Maddo Scientisto
 
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuga View Post
You could make that argument, yeah, though I still think she's a piece of shit for doing that lol.
Eh, I mean... even if they were doing it because they thought it would save the lives of other soldiers, what if in doing so they let down the pressure they were supposed to keep, allowing the enemy to encircle their army? That would have led to way more soldier deaths. Of course all that "tactics" seem to be in this show is mages zipping around and shooting random people, so sure, maybe what they did could have actually helped more ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xical View Post
Spoiler for maybe spoiler:
.
Spoiler for maybe spoiler:


(anyway, dropped mid-episode out of boredom)
__________________
----
What if Goku was super smart and had a thing for philosophy? Find out in The Optimised Wish Project!
----

My other fanfiction can be found here.
Gan_HOPE326 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 15:02   Link #37
Zefyris
図書館狼
 
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Tanya isn't evil anyway. She's inhuman, yes, a monster even (not talking about her magic power her but her mindset and mentality as a whole) but evil? Definitely not. All her decision makes perfect sense and are the most efficient to reach the desired effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gan_HOPE326 View Post
For a country full of military geniuses and surrounded only by "potential" enemies on all sides, plan 315, aka "piss off everyone to the point your forces are stretched so thin they can barely hold out the enemy, then use some bullshit deus-ex super force zipping around to DEFEAT EVERYONE AND WIN!" sounds like a remarkably retarded option.

EDIT: I had heard people calling Tanya evil for her behaviour towards her subordinates, but this seems pretty tame...? Pretty sure for disobedience in the heat of battle she could have had them shot, and yet she merely sends them back home and when they even disobey to THAT still she only puts them in a shit job.
That theory technically makes sense. First of all, such situation (having to battle on many fronts like that at once) never happened so it's a theory coming from the fear of getting attacked by the various countries around them at the same time and how you would deal with it.
The whole point here of that strategy is to keep on the defensive, stalling the enemy advance as much as possible rather than trying to win, and avoiding putting too much soldiers in one side. Then having enough soldiers as a internal mobile force, that can be quickly dispatched through the network of trains and various transport, to get where they're needed and push back the enemies putting too much pressure on the defence line. Technically, if you're going to defend your country against several forces at the same time, that's pretty much the only option you have. You cannot really do it in any other way. The empire has more than enough soldier and fire power to win against ONE country at a time, but not enough to fight on equal terms on every front at the same time. So you fight in inferiority on most fronts while slowly moving back, and try to solve the problems with a force that isn't stuck on a specific frontline.
Any other choice would lead to defeat anyway.
__________________
Zefyris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 15:07   Link #38
kuromitsu
Senior Member
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zefyris View Post
From a novel reader, it is completely self aware, I can confirm that.
Funny, no, that's not the type you're searching for indeed.
I meant self-aware of how ridiculous it is. :3 In any case, yeah, this is not one for me.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 15:08   Link #39
AB079
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Just asking, why there are idiots calling Tanya "Tatsuya 2.0"? is there any real reason to do that?
AB079 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-01-06, 15:19   Link #40
Flower
Blooming on the mountain
 
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by AB079 View Post
Just asking, why there are idiots calling Tanya "Tatsuya 2.0"? is there any real reason to do that?
That sort of question might be better asked in the novel thread for more details and such, as it could quickly branch into areas not yet covered in the anime....

****

Separate from this question, though, I have noticed a lot of comments being put under spoiler tags that seem to be edging close to material not shown in the anime. Please, as per the forum standards, go either to the novel thread or contact other posters via pm/vm if you have larger or more specific questions aside from what was seen, okay?

Thanks in advance. ^^
__________________
Flower is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
magic, military, reincarnation, tactics

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
We use Silk.