AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-06, 20:33   Link #401
mandarb916

btw beta,
you wouldn't know why Wagaya doesn't have a web radio show would you? Seems odd that a series that's garnering quite a bit of popularity doesn't have one...hell even the male VA's in Kyouran Kazoku received a web radio show lol
Old 2008-07-06, 20:38   Link #402
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
btw beta,
you wouldn't know why Wagaya doesn't have a web radio show would you? Seems odd that a series that's garnering quite a bit of popularity doesn't have one...hell even the male VA's in Kyouran Kazoku received a web radio show lol
No, not sure why.
I've never really payed attention to radio shows.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2008-07-06, 21:03   Link #403
UPR

Im glad to see there showing little tid bits of a possible relationship between Misaki and Noboru. Al be it very small. Maybe there's the possibility that by the end they will actually be a couple.
Old 2008-07-07, 01:25   Link #404
SkoolRumble4Ya

Episode 11 was funny. It was good seeing how Kou act like when she's working. I feel the entire series so far has not been serious at all. Hopefully that will change when it hits half way through the series.
Old 2008-07-07, 02:49   Link #405
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Considering how fun episode 11 has been, I don't know if I really want the serious side to the story. This show can remain a comedy forever and I'd love it.
Old 2008-07-07, 06:02   Link #406
Dop
Mmmm....

The US title for this series as announced by Kadokawa USA is going to be Coo ~ Our Guardian.

Is it me, or does that sound a bit crap?
Old 2008-07-07, 06:26   Link #407
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

That is pretty weird. I wonder why they went with "Coo". Can't they do with "Kuu"? Also, why even state her name when the original's didn't. Coo? I can expect some chickens and owls.
Old 2008-07-07, 07:29   Link #408
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

lol what's with that US name for Oinari?

Coo...sounds like the sound that a parrot always make I wonder what will Kuugen's name be for US edition..Tenco Coogen?

Anyway i don't really have any interest in it,not only they change the whole things and makes the anime look craps than the original JP version,but also the VA used for English version never manage to bring the characteristics of the characters well...even if its dual audio release,but still i rather get my hands on the original JP version.
Old 2008-07-07, 08:37   Link #409
Julao

maybe for them, they thought that "Coo ~ Our Guardian" was much more better

than "Coo-Coo ~ Our Guardian".

Anyways, why does it have to be "Coo" than "Kuu"???

what are they thinking???
Old 2008-07-07, 09:51   Link #410
Nvis
Where are the good animes

This is licensed?
Old 2008-07-07, 16:29   Link #411
SkoolRumble4Ya

I don't like that way it's spell. Coo sound like a chicken on crack. I don't mind if most of it is all comedy but there should be at least one arch where they go crazy with the fighting.
Old 2008-07-07, 16:36   Link #412
mandarb916

Well, the literal translation would be
Our Family's Harvest God or something along those lines.

Coo sounds stupid lol, fortunately I don't have to deal with R1 releases (unless you're referring to R1 BD)

A Fox, A Priestess, and the Sakagami Family? :P
Old 2008-07-07, 17:24   Link #413
SinsI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nvis View Post
This is licensed?
Not quite. They have the rights but they are middlemen, subcontracting the production and distribution to a third party.
Old 2008-07-08, 10:04   Link #414
Echoes

Episode 11. This was everything I love about the show, and then some. Funny, cute and entertaining as hell. As much as I love the female version, some male Kuu screentime is wholeheartedly welcomed. This episode was simply hilarious, which reinforces my belief that this series is at its best when it focuses on slice of life and comedy. I think the characters alone are strong enough to carry the show, without any underlying plot.

Two big thumbs up for this show.
Old 2008-07-08, 18:48   Link #415
benjo_b

Episode 11:

I was getting Binbou Shimai Monogatari vibes every time Noboru worries about money. Nice to see Binbou's trademark "pose" near the beginning of this episode.
Old 2008-07-08, 23:16   Link #416
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

comment on EP 10 - Does anyone else feel that Tooru deserves to burn to death in that episode? I was practically rooting for kuu when she bought up the remark on how he was stupid enough to follow someone like her, and this wasnt the first time he did something like this. Granted he is in elementary school but doesnt every parents teach you not to follow psychotic strangers especially when every demon out there wants to eat you for your delicious powers? This senseless kindness will lead to his death in the future anyways :/
Old 2008-07-08, 23:27   Link #417
Burner of Anime
Illegal Additives

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaolinx View Post
comment on EP 10 - Does anyone else feel that Tooru deserves to burn to death in that episode? I was practically rooting for kuu when she bought up the remark on how he was stupid enough to follow someone like her, and this wasnt the first time he did something like this. Granted he is in elementary school but doesnt every parents teach you not to follow psychotic strangers especially when every demon out there wants to eat you for your delicious powers? This senseless kindness will lead to his death in the future anyways :/
The boy only has 30 years to live looking at happened to his mom. Could be he's trying to make as many friends as possible before his number comes up
Old 2008-07-08, 23:33   Link #418
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
The boy only has 30 years to live looking at happened to his mom. Could be he's trying to make as many friends as possible before his number comes up
Nah, I am willing to bet that they will say that he doesnt have that limited life span like his predecessors because he is a male
Old 2008-07-08, 23:33   Link #419
Silverwyrm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burner of Anime View Post
that was because she became a priestess. Neither of the boys have done anything like that yet, but at this rate its a matter of time anyways
Old 2008-07-08, 23:49   Link #420
shaolinx
Kani Fascination

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverwyrm View Post
that was because she became a priestess. Neither of the boys have done anything like that yet, but at this rate its a matter of time anyways
Yeah, but he will definitely die way before 30 though, due the "Lets help everybody, even if they wear a dark hood and is out to kill me when my back is turned." mindset that he has.
Closed Thread

Tags
genderbender, kemonomimi, miko, shounen, supernatural