Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-09-16, 00:18   Link #1
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Viewtiful Joe

For anyone wondering on the Viewtiful Joe anime, the story will be listed below, and I will explain more stuff about how it will be subbed.

Episode 1: The Horror! Jade appears. (Ten.)
Story: Viewtiful Joe for now is pretty identical to the first game.
A place called MovieLand, where an evil organization called Jade lives here. And the group, Jade, is slowly changing MovieLand by Taking control of Mankind. Meanwhile, in the real world. Joe and his sweatheart, Sylvia decide to go see a movie called Captain Blue(Kaputaen Baru?). While they are watching, Jade, the person who control the organization, decides to take reign over the real world, and captures Slyvia, and taking her with him to Movie land. Joe, decides to follow, to Save Sylvia.

Subbing: The series I'm going to be not doing a kaoroke for the lyrics, as I do beleave myself is not nececary. Hopefully, the opening DOES contain the Kana/kanji so it's easier for my friend to Romaji. In either case, the opening and ending should have a translation.
The encoding will be done by me and will be encoded in a certain codec. I'm most likely going to be doing XviD, so keep reading this space.
The subtitles will be(except opening and misc. stuff) in a White Arial Bold. The attack names, probably will be in a new type of font. Unsure currently which font though.
The Video size......You guys decide ^.^''' 175MB or 233MB?
Which, judging by most TVTokyo's anime, probably will be...

XviD/DivX
Size: 175MB
Res.: 560 x 420 or 640 x 480
Bitrate: 891kbps
Audio: Mpeg layer III 96kb/s

Size: 233
Res.: 640 x 480
Bitrate: 1222kbps

Staff currently: Still organising, see other topic.

So thats it. Just thought I might release the specs. a bit early.(Judging as most TVTokyo anime runs at 24 minutes and 34/35 seconds)

Last edited by ChibiGoku; 2004-09-16 at 00:29.
Old 2004-09-16, 00:25   Link #2
Chao Otaku

THANK YOU
I was worried no one would do this...
really glad to see that someone is subbing this.
I'll keep an eye out for it
Old 2004-09-16, 00:50   Link #3
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Sadly, after playing the game I simply can't watch it in Japanese.

Too bad it probably won't be shown in English with Japanese subs. I'll have to go for this one, as awesome as it will probably be, after it's picked up for a US release.
Old 2004-09-16, 04:18   Link #4
DekaMaster
Banned

Why bother even translating the op and end songs then? If you are not doing anything fancy TSing wise I'll just wait for the License to be annouced as I know it will.
Old 2004-09-16, 04:40   Link #5
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DekaMaster
Why bother even translating the op and end songs then? If you are not doing anything fancy TSing wise I'll just wait for the License to be annouced as I know it will.

Not everyone likes crazy karaoke effects, i myself prefer just the lyrics...quite alot of the karaoke subs i see out there actually make it HARDER to sing along to the song, i dont know why some people think anything that doesnt flash 16 times and spiral offscreen in a bright pink explosion isnt worth watching...
Old 2004-09-16, 04:52   Link #6
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Quote:
Have fun watching all the fancy TS effects on those DVDs. :P
Old 2004-09-16, 05:19   Link #7
TrueKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by microlith
Sadly, after playing the game I simply can't watch it in Japanese.
Lmao, same here, After playing the game (US) I just couldn't imagine Joe's and Captain Blue's voices in Japanese.

but I won't be stupid enough to even pass this masterpiece. Thx a lot guys
Old 2004-09-16, 06:02   Link #8
Kyoji
I WANT MORE MILK!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueKnight
Lmao, same here, After playing the game (US) I just couldn't imagine Joe's and Captain Blue's voices in Japanese.

but I won't be stupid enough to even pass this masterpiece. Thx a lot guys

i always thought the japanese version of the game used the same english voices?
similar to the resident evil games.
Old 2004-09-16, 12:58   Link #9
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfang
Have fun watching all the fancy TS effects on those DVDs. :P

Did you even get my point? I would say no based on your bad attempt here. But I will explain for you. If he is not going to do anything different why should I watch what he is doing? And anyway I am one to like fancy effects and stuff makes fansubbing look different.
Old 2004-09-16, 14:13   Link #10
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Did you even get my point? I would say no based on your bad attempt here. But I will explain for you. If he is not going to do anything different why should I watch what he is doing? And anyway I am one to like fancy effects and stuff makes fansubbing look different.
We're still a new group -_-'''
Old 2004-09-16, 15:18   Link #11
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Quote:
Your point wasn't clear in your earlier post; all you mentioned was waiting for it to be licensed if he wasn't going to do any fancy typesetting.
Old 2004-09-16, 16:26   Link #12
Guyver

Viewtiful Joe anime

Hello has anyone got any news on Viewtiful Joe Anime? Does anyone know whos going to be subbing this in October?

Thanks
Old 2004-09-16, 17:35   Link #13
exedore
Zentradi Archivist

Quote:
Maybe because you like the show? Or because his group has an editor whose grammar skills blow away the competition or an excellent translator?

Just a couple thoughts...
Old 2004-09-16, 18:07   Link #14
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guyver
Hello has anyone got any news on Viewtiful Joe Anime? Does anyone know whos going to be subbing this in October?

Thanks
My group, Fighting Magic ^^;;;
Old 2004-09-16, 19:32   Link #15
DekaMaster
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by exedore
Maybe because you like the show? Or because his group has an editor whose grammar skills blow away the competition or an excellent translator?

Just a couple thoughts...

What competition are you refering to? So far this show is not released and there for has no fansub releases. Unless this is some attempt at you to be insulting. But then you wouldn't do anything like that would you?
Old 2004-09-16, 20:41   Link #16
Soulfang
Inactive Member

Anyway, good luck to ChibiGoku on working up a great release.

Last edited by Soulfang; 2004-09-16 at 21:33.
Old 2004-09-16, 22:56   Link #17
microlith

Send a message via AIM to microlith
Yes the Japanese release of the game did feature the English voices. The only Japanese was the song/music video you got to see after you finished the game.

All the dialog was in English with JP subtitles on the right side of the screen. The shop and chapter stops were in English for major graphics, while explanatory text in the shop, save, and option screens was in Japanese.

This is why I have to wait for a US release, assuming they get the same VAs for everyone.
Old 2004-09-16, 23:49   Link #18
crumja
AnimeONE Do-It-All

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku
Which, judging by most TVTokyo's anime, probably will be...

XviD/DivX
Size: 175MB
Res.: 560 x 420 or 640 x 480
Bitrate: 891kbps

Size: 233
Res.: 640 x 480
Bitrate: 1222kbps
Make it 172 MB, 640x480, audio 128 minimum.
Old 2004-09-17, 13:51   Link #19
ChibiGoku
FightingMagic Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soulfang
Anyway, good luck to ChibiGoku on working up a great release.
Soulfang, if you're reading this. Can you please atleast fix up the "thing" I asked you to?
Old 2004-09-17, 16:59   Link #20
N-Bomb
King of Braves
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChibiGoku
Subbing: The series I'm going to be not doing a kaoroke for the lyrics, as I do beleave myself is not nececary. [...]
Good stuff. I'm always happy to see another group dispense with the uselessness that is 'karaoke' in the OP/ED.

I'd go with 175 myself... my two reasons being:
A) It's less data to distro, less to encode, less to store, less to burn, more convenient in every way.
2) Many groups have shown it's possible to make nice encodes of TV anime at ~175MB per ~24 mins at 640x480, and I always say the point of fansubs isn't to replace the DVDs.

Good luck with the project, guys!
Closed Thread