AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2011-06-08, 18:34   Link #461
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Spoiler for chapter 20:
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 20:12   Link #462
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I didn't like it. I can see now that "I'll fuck with you and get away with it" is going to be a recurring theme.
Old 2011-06-08, 23:36   Link #463
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I didn't like it. I can see now that "I'll fuck with you and get away with it" is going to be a recurring theme.
The entire manga is all about forgiving. Toru is that kind of guy.

So the possible pairing going to be something like Hijiri x Kuga, Yuki x Tokita? Childhood friend ship just sunk in this chapter?

By the way, when Tokita said that Kuga broke her promise, what promise is that? I can't remember anything about that...
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-08, 23:54   Link #464
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
The entire manga is all about forgiving. Toru is that kind of guy.

So the possible pairing going to be something like Hijiri x Kuga, Yuki x Tokita? Childhood friend ship just sunk in this chapter?

By the way, when Tokita said that Kuga broke her promise, what promise is that? I can't remember anything about that...
The promise was not to judge and act based on what she saw with her Iris. She broke that promise with the yukata theft.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 04:39   Link #465
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
The promise was not to judge and act based on what she saw with her Iris. She broke that promise with the yukata theft.
I see...thanks for you clarification.

Nice chapter indeed.
Old 2011-06-09, 08:03   Link #466
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Hijiri and Kuga would be very interesting together their interactions at the end were interesting but felt rather platonic to me... At any case if it were to be official just give Tokita a girl and you will know who like whom... what I nice Iris to have...lol

Overall Arc was nice with all the development, as for official pairings other then the give away Koyuki and Toru, not expecting much from the rest, and no impressions yet, hopefully the development of the relationships are progressed well, if not I'm feel like any other couples are just throw ins.

I'm just waiting for competition for Koyuki just for some drama. Anyway this is still my favourite manga by a long shot.
Old 2011-06-09, 10:04   Link #467
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro Hayase View Post
2. Toru gets a black butterfly attached to himself for some reason.
This I think could be quite interesting for a new arc, altho I think the butterflies might be overused at that point then.

Still would be cool to see the rest of the gang get toru outta trouble without his help.

Quote:
P.S. Kuga looks better with short hair.
I would usually say short hair is not better, only a handful of times have I ever thought short hair was better but I don't think I ever actually got round to liking her previous hairstyle.
So I'll have to agree that in this case she doe slook better with short hair.

Well it was a good chapter and conclusion, the rooftop scenes were all great

And Toru, the mastermind behind it all and he still mangaes to keep outta the spot light

Oh and poor Hijiri, he saves the girl and gets lectured for it
Old 2011-06-09, 10:42   Link #468
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Predictions for the next chapter
Eh, it's been tears and staredowns nonstop. After all that heavy and dark stuff I'm up for something more light-hearted, especially now that all five of the main cast are actually friendly to each other.

Maybe they can bring up cakes again. With how secretive Toru is, perhaps none of them knows what his birthday is.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 11:16   Link #469
Sixth
Hu Tao

The girl who can see danger going to come back for more revenge on Toru!
Old 2011-06-09, 11:31   Link #470
Shadow5YA

We're still missing the light-hearted omake that comes at the end of each volume.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-09, 16:05   Link #471
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
Kuga -- hopefully she will join as one of the main character (not only appear in this arc)
Considering that she was more or less heavily promoted on the main site of the series even before this whole arc started is pretty safe to say that both Kuga and Tokita are here to stay.
Old 2011-06-09, 17:24   Link #472
cyberdemon

Quote:
2. Toru gets a black butterfly attached to himself for some reason.
how about it instead being Koyuki who gets the butterfly. Would Toru be able to keep up a clear mind to sort through the situation like he has up until now if that happened to Koyuki of all people? Bet if that happened though that if it goes on he'll end up getting butterflies on himself as well.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 02:33   Link #473
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

lol.... I think Toru will always have butterflies if he is getting closer to Sasamori.... XD
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 04:05   Link #474
azurena

I believe that it would be alot more interesting to see toru get a black butterfly on him and then have the arc being about the others trying to save him without letting him know whats going on.
azurena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-10, 12:09   Link #475
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurena View Post
I believe that it would be alot more interesting to see toru get a black butterfly on him and then have the arc being about the others trying to save him without letting him know whats going on.
Black butterflies are getting overused though... everyone's all dying and stuff. Maybe Kuga sees a weird wing color on Toru and try to take his lesson to heart and figure out what's going on with his friends without letting him know what's going on.

Of course, either they were overreacting, or Kuga doesn't know what love is.
Old 2011-06-10, 19:24   Link #476
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by azurena View Post
I think this is bound to happen. There must be someone REALLY REALLY hate Toru to the point that he wants Toru to die.
Old 2011-06-10, 19:39   Link #477
Hiro Hayase

Well my previous post included all the viable predictions that I could come up with thus far. Come on guys! Let's think outside the box and come up with some absurd predictions/theories no matter how unlikely. The chances are that at least one or two of us might get our prediction correct~ But no school days ending!

lol I agree if Toru intends to become closer with koyuki, then he will surrounded by more black butterflies figuratively speaking.

The prediction 2: "Toru gets a black butterfly attached to him for some reason." Would probably be better utilized after his relationship with Koyuki blossoms some more and his interactions with the other characters. The main cast could have an emotional breakdown, especially Hijiri since Toru is his closest to him. That maybe a bit too traumatizing for him to face.

Btw we have talked about discrimination a bit earlier in the forums, about the treatment of Iris Zero's in school, the treatment of adults who have an Iris and are isolated as a result, and etc. But have we talked about the treatment of student Iris wielders on a national. In Toru's school we are given the impression that Iris Zero's are a minority, however on a nationwide scale the Iris wielders are a minority since many adults do not have Iris's. So I was wondering what you guys thought about that perspective? For instance how politicians and government officials treated Iris's? Anyone want to take a wild guess?

My absurd guess is that the government could be secretly performing Iris experiments, but I doubt the manga would go in that direction.

Last edited by Hiro Hayase; 2011-06-10 at 19:50.
Hiro Hayase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 02:34   Link #478
SwiftAsLeaves

NOt a butterfly, but i wish that the toru's love spinner, is not on koyuki, but someone else, who is a partiuclarly blind teenage girl...
SwiftAsLeaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-11, 05:40   Link #479
Sixth
Hu Tao

Next arc: Yandere Koyuki.
Old 2011-06-11, 10:44   Link #480
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
Next arc: Yandere Koyuki.
Yes, this whole "being your friend" thing is a setup. Alpha female engage.

Tags
fantasy, romance, seinen, shounen